Author Topic: [IC] LeandreN GB | Planning round 2  (Read 28340 times)

Offline VinnyCordeiro

Re: [IC] Simple brushed steel mountplates
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 14:29:01 »
How to order? Via your shop?
Yes, but it is not ready yet. There is still a some of work to do. Need to get samples to assure the quality and that everything fits. And then I will begin orders. I have also made a GB page which is currently under approval.

Sound great. I 'll waiting ...

Do you know of a place i can get some Cherry stabilizers? I don`t have them. I just need one for the space bar and on of the shorter ones, just to test. I only use Costar myself.

AND, do you have any feedback on the prices?
Plate mounted or PCB mounted Cherry stabilizers? Cherry plate stabs are available at electronics retailers like Mouser and Digikey. PCB stabs are sold out, already looked there. Just search for the codes (from Cherry MX datasheet):
  • Plate mounted: G99-0224 (1x2, 1x2.25 and 1x2.75 keys); G99-0225 (1x3 keys) and G99-0226 (1x8 keys)
  • PCB mounted: G99-0742 (1x2, 1x2.25 and 1x2.75 keys); G99-0743 (1x3 keys) and G99-0744 (1x8 keys)

Example:
Cherry plate mounted stabilizer for 1x2 keys: http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/CHERRY/0G990224/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMslEIBZEhsHBpeE24fgzp7V
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 April 2015, 14:33:53 by VinnyCordeiro »

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #101 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 14:35:35 »
Yes, but it is not ready yet. There is still a some of work to do. Need to get samples to assure the quality and that everything fits. And then I will begin orders. I have also made a GB page which is currently under approval.

Do you know of a place i can get some Cherry stabilizers? I don`t have them. I just need one for the space bar and on of the shorter ones, just to test. I only use Costar myself.

Plate mounted or PCB mounted Cherry stabilizers? Cherry plate stabs are available at electronics retailers like Mouser and Digikey. PCB stabs are sold out, already looked there. Just search for the codes (from Cherry MX datasheet):
  • Plate mounted: G99-0224 (1x2, 1x2.25 and 1x2.75 keys); G99-0225 (1x3 keys) and G99-0226 (1x8 keys)
  • PCB mounted: G99-0742 (1x2, 1x2.25 and 1x2.75 keys); G99-0743 (1x3 keys) and G99-0744 (1x8 keys)

Example:
Cherry plate mounted stabilizer for 1x2 keys: http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/CHERRY/0G990224/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMslEIBZEhsHBpeE24fgzp7V
Wow. Thanks. What would I need for a full platemounted 60%?

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #102 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 16:09:20 »
Wow. Thanks. What would I need for a full platemounted 60%?
ISO or ANSI? A typical 60% ANSI keyboard will use 4 1x2 stabilizers and 1 1x6.25 stabilizer. The problem is to source the rigid wire in the right size for the spacebar. You can try to buy an 1x8 stab and adapt it to 1x6.25, but I've never done this before.

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #103 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 20:07:13 »

I think it is reasonalble price for plate with mountholes.
I usually buy Cherry stabilizer from GON
http://www.gonskeyboardworks.com/10-stabilizers

Example:

Thanks for sharing.

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #104 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 21:11:39 »

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #105 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 00:29:36 »
Thanks both of you. Just waiting for the GB for approval...

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #106 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 07:55:15 »
Updated OP again :)

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
Re: [IC] Simple brushed steel mountplates, GB SOON!
« Reply #107 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 01:54:50 »
OP updated again. I hope the GB thread gets approval soon...

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #108 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 02:58:26 »
What is the final design of the plate? There are many universal designs already made. From example the gh60 or the imsto, which support at the same time iso and Ansi. You should ask for permission and see if the design is open source.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #109 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 02:59:57 »
What is the final design of the plate? There are many universal designs already made. From example the gh60 or the imsto, which support at the same time iso and Ansi. You should ask for permission and see if the design is open source.
If someone really has copyright on a simple plain "nothing special" 60% plate. I am a little worried.

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #110 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 03:06:24 »
The same plate supports AT THE SAME TIME Ansi and iso. You have to ask for permission because it has been developed by members of the community. You need to understand that it has nothing to do with copyright, but it has to do with the respect that you have to show to other's people work.

If someone really has copyright on a simple plain "nothing special" 60% plate. I am a little worried.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #111 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 03:08:19 »
The same plate supports AT THE SAME TIME Ansi and iso. You have to ask for permission because it has been developed by members of the community. You need to understand that it has nothing to do with copyright, but it has to do with the respect that you have to show to other's people work.

Mine doesn't :) separate ISO and ANSI. Nothing special . thanks for the heads up!

EDIT: Sorry for my knowledge and the gh60 is an amazing plate and i totally respect what they have done. What i want, is to make it cheaper for Europe especially. I don't use their design either, just a simple design with SwillKB plate builder.
« Last Edit: Sat, 18 April 2015, 03:11:46 by LeandreN »

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #112 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 03:09:27 »
Meh

Mine doesn't :) separate ISO and ANSI. Nothing special . thanks for the heads up!

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #113 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 03:13:05 »
Meh

Meh

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #114 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 03:39:31 »
Can you post the swill's design so we can look for problems or errors?

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #115 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 03:40:48 »
Can you post the swill's design so we can look for problems or errors?
Leandre.webs.com/groupbuys :)

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #116 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 03:47:25 »
 I visited the site using my mobile, so maybe I didn't see the answer. Is the complete swill's layout - not the picture, the actual file - somewhere to be seen?
« Last Edit: Sat, 18 April 2015, 03:49:11 by gianni »

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #117 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 03:51:36 »
I visited the site using my mobile, so maybe I didn't see the answer. Is the complete swill's layout - not the picture, the actual file - somewhere to be seen?
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=70857.msg1713956.msg#1713956

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #118 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 04:02:38 »
Nope nope.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #119 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 04:11:40 »
Nope nope.

Sorry

ISO: http://i.imgur.com/8GKs7HV.png

ANSI: http://i.imgur.com/9SS8FqA.png

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #120 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 14:48:18 »
Updated with a little info on my site: http://leandre.webs.com/groupbuys

Waiting for my GB thread to get approval...

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #121 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 20:32:11 »
You try contact/pm moderator to ask. Hope your GB run soon  :cool:

Offline TLExile

« Reply #122 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 01:13:35 »
Had high hopes for this buy but am extremely disappointed. Plates are in the Poker style for stabs, which is incompatable with Korean PCB's (only in the case of pcb mount cherry stabs). due to they fact that Poker 2's have stabs with wire directed down on the space and enter key while Gon/winkeyless boards have those both facing up. Might have to bite the bullet for a gon plate.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #123 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 01:35:38 »
Had high hopes for this buy but am extremely disappointed. Plates are in the Poker style for stabs, which is incompatable with Korean PCB's (only in the case of pcb mount cherry stabs). due to they fact that Poker 2's have stabs with wire directed down on the space and enter key while Gon/winkeyless boards have those both facing up. Might have to bite the bullet for a gon plate.
Sorry, but I cannot please everyone. My main market is Europe. Thanks for the feedback anyway.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #124 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 01:36:09 »
You try contact/pm moderator to ask. Hope your GB run soon  :cool:
I have contacted 2 mods. Thanks ! I hope I get approval soon :)

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #125 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 02:07:39 »
So you can use this with a gon, but you need plate mounted stabs?

Offline TLExile

« Reply #126 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 02:24:14 »

Either that or ruining the plate by trying to sand it down. The metal wire will contact the plate on those two keys and both ping and prevent a full extension which affects the feel of the switch. I can understand why he chose the Poker layout as that's a much larger market for 60% (pokers,GH60's). Trying to find a cheap plate that fits Korean boards is difficult to say the least.

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #127 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 04:35:45 »
Maybe some of you could help him with the design? This could benefit us all...

Why would someone use pcb mounted stabs when the switch are plate mounted... Is the feeling different? More soft?

Either that or ruining the plate by trying to sand it down. The metal wire will contact the plate on those two keys and both ping and prevent a full extension which affects the feel of the switch. I can understand why he chose the Poker layout as that's a much larger market for 60% (pokers,GH60's). Trying to find a cheap plate that fits Korean boards is difficult to say the least.

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #128 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 04:39:50 »
Your main market is Europe. So you want to fail? The biggest number of enthusiasts is in the USA and in Korea. some of the best pcbs are made in Korea by gon and winkeyless. Serious question, where do you think that we are going to purchase our pcb?

Sorry, but I cannot please everyone. My main market is Europe. Thanks for the feedback anyway.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #129 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 04:53:35 »
Your main market is Europe. So you want to fail? The biggest number of enthusiasts is in the USA and in Korea. some of the best pcbs are made in Korea by gon and winkeyless. Serious question, where do you think that we are going to purchase our pcb?

Ok, by "main market" i mean that Europe will benifit most from this because of the low shipping cost compared to plates from the United States. If you look at the platedesign and find something essential missing, tell me and i will look at it. I don't know where you will buy your PCB from as there are very limited available. Hand wiring is the main option, but if someone wants to help me with PCB design, i am more than happy to contact suppliers about it :)

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #130 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 04:56:21 »
Maybe some of you could help him with the design? This could benefit us all...

Why would someone use pcb mounted stabs when the switch are plate mounted... Is the feeling different? More soft?

It fits Costar and Cherry stabs. That is the only stuff i know so far from SwillKB's designer. I have tried one of the early prototypes with Costar stabs and it worked fluently. I don't see why it shouldn't fit Cherry plate mounted stabilizers, but people keep telling me. I appreciate your feedback.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #131 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 23:44:56 »
Hello again! Guess what!? The samples are ready in China. Should I get them to send it over or are the pictures enough? Please take a look and tell me what you think. This is ANSI advanced.

The GB thread will start the 5th of may. Thanks for all the support and criticism. For those who wonder what my site will be used for, it is just to get all the information and pictures together at one place.

Have a nice day!
L
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 April 2015, 23:48:32 by LeandreN »

Offline duckness

« Reply #132 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 00:32:28 »
Please take a look and tell me what you think. This is ANSI advanced.

Show Image

Just wondering, would a screw actually fit where the middle hole is?

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
Re: [IC] Simple brushed steel mountplates - SAMPLES ARE READY
« Reply #133 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 00:35:33 »
Please take a look and tell me what you think. This is ANSI advanced.

Show Image

Just wondering, would a screw actually fit where the middle hole is?
Yes. It looks weird, but this is how the design is done. Exactly as one my Poker 3 :)

Offline Ruisu

« Reply #134 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 03:10:08 »
Hi LeandreN, Looks good although the brushing seems a little rough, these are stainless right?

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #135 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 03:18:56 »
I think that it will be easier to sell a product that you have tested.

Install the plate mounted stabs.
Install some switches.
Show that you can remove the top of the switches and that the cutouts are big enough.
Etc.

Hello again! Guess what!? The samples are ready in China. Should I get them to send it over or are the pictures enough? Please take a look and tell me what you think. This is ANSI advanced.

Show Image

Show Image

The GB thread will start the 5th of may. Thanks for all the support and criticism. For those who wonder what my site will be used for, it is just to get all the information and pictures together at one place.

Have a nice day!
L

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #136 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 03:20:58 »
The most important thing is that the switches fit tightly - if you don't trust the cutter to test (I doubt they have switches...) you'll need to get one in your hand to do it yourself :)
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #137 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 03:41:46 »
Thanks for the replies. I am leaning towards ordering the sample. Keep them coming!

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #138 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 03:42:49 »
Hi LeandreN, Looks good although the brushing seems a little rough, these are stainless right?
Will ask about stainless, probably yes. It is a little rough because Cherry stabilizer cutouts are really thin for their equipment.

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #139 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 04:02:49 »
Wouldn't it be much better to brush it before doing the cut? It will be more uniform, and less risk to deforme it too. I wonder what an unbrushed plate looks like. About the thickness... Is 1,6mm what cherry requires?

Will ask about stainless, probably yes. It is a little rough because Cherry stabilizer cutouts are really thin for their equipment.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #140 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 04:12:51 »
Wouldn't it be much better to brush it before doing the cut? It will be more uniform, and less risk to deforme it too. I wonder what an unbrushed plate looks like. About the thickness... Is 1,6mm what cherry requires?

They brush it the way it is easiest for them. I am pretty sure they do it before they cut. 1,5 is the thickness. That is also the  standard Cherry thickness.

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #141 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 08:48:31 »
Sample is quite good. It is great for poker 2 & poker 3 but poker 1 is not. Sorry but I have to say this, Poker 1 is better with PCB mounted stabs.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #142 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 08:54:03 »
Sample is quite good. It is great for poker 2 & poker 3 but poker 1 is not. Sorry but I have to say this, Poker 1 is better with PCB mounted stabs.

Okay. I will be ordering the sample for both ISO and ANSI and check everything before i start a groupbuy. Keep it mind that this is the standard layout.

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #143 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 09:02:23 »

Okay. I will be ordering the sample for both ISO and ANSI and check everything before i start a groupbuy. Keep it mind that this is the standard layout.

Yes, I see. Glad to see your checking although I don't worry about layout.
I see you 'll do standard layout.
Can you try with PCB mounted stabs? Hope it fit :)

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #144 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 09:33:00 »

Yes, I see. Glad to see your checking although I don't worry about layout.
I see you 'll do standard layout.
Can you try with PCB mounted stabs? Hope it fit :)

I don't own a PCB, but if i can do it without one, i will see what i can do. (i have to pay for alll this). Updated website BTW: http://leandre.webs.com/groupbuys. Do you know of any cheap places to buy Cherry stabilizers?

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #145 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 09:46:02 »
Cheap? How much is it? I saw it is sold around 7$ in Korea.
But shipping from Korea to Norway is not cheap if you only buy 1 set.
Or you can contact Ivanivanovich to ask. Hope he still spare some sets.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #146 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 09:55:36 »
Cheap? How much is it? I saw it is sold around 7$ in Korea.
But shipping from Korea to Norway is not cheap if you only buy 1 set.
Or you can contact Ivanivanovich to ask. Hope he still spare some sets.

Thanks for helping out. Will look at it.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #147 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 11:22:37 »
UPDATED THE OP.

Please fill out the form :)

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
Re: [IC] Simple brushed steel mountplates - SAMPLES ARE ORDERED
« Reply #148 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 10:46:51 »
Photo to confirm PCB mounted stabilizer fit plate:

(Source: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50048.0).
But I still hope you can test if you can.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
Re: [IC] Simple brushed steel mountplates - SAMPLES ARE ORDERED
« Reply #149 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 11:08:49 »
Photo to confirm PCB mounted stabilizer fit plate:

Show Image

(Source: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50048.0).
But I still hope you can test if you can.

Thanks! I will still test it if i get the opportunity. The plate uses different mount holes than mine though...