Author Topic: The Cheat firmware / not being recognized  (Read 1067 times)

Offline L4yercake

The Cheat firmware / not being recognized
« on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 17:54:52 »
Just picked up a Cheat to replace a broken keyboard. It has a PS/2 connector and when plugged in the LEDs light up but that is it, no input is recognized and as far as I can see the PC doesn't even know its plugged in. Tried on 2 PCs, both PS/2 ports confirmed working.

My guess right now is that it hasn't been setup with a keymap and following these instructions has yielded no success as well as it maybe requiring USB to setup in the first place. (https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=38377.0)

libusb doesn't recognize it and neither does the HIDBOOTFLASH, on top of that I'm pretty sure I require the .hex file to set it up with a keymap which I do not have either (might be on OTD member only boards?) Do note that holding the PAUSE down whilst plugging it right now is loading the bootloader as the LEDs are flashing but it's still not recognized in any manner.

DIP switches were tried with both pushed to the Right and to the Left.

Anyways any help would be appreciated.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
Re: The Cheat firmware / not being recognized
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 18:35:39 »
Have you tried rebooting your PC yet?

Edit: I know this might be a dumb question, but figured I would ask to be sure.

Offline L4yercake

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 19:05:18 »
Well this is embarrassing, I had only restarted with it connected when the DIP switches were on USB mode, its working now. I just had to swap it to PS/2 mode and restart.

Always worth double checking  :-[   

Thanks

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 19:20:24 »
Glad you got it sorted out.