Author Topic: [IC] GMK RGBK Mod Pack - GB to start on Friday 7/17!  (Read 32718 times)

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
[IC] GMK RGBK Mod Pack - GB to start on Friday 7/17!
« on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 18:16:24 »
Hey there. So Ghostjuggernaught and I are thinking about running a RGBK mods group buy together. We are thinking about making this a simple no bull**** or frills set that will be comprehensive and offer as much compatibility as possible.

Here is a list of the keys we have in the set. Ghost and I have decided to just simplify things for now and we are going to get a mock up of just these keys. There are 24 keys in total, 8 control keys, 12 alt/alt gr keys, 7 shift keys, and 1 function key. Depending on the quote from GMK we may or may not add extra 1u blanks/window keys.

103990-0

We will be using V4 (Blue - Alt keys), V1 (Red - Control keys), and N7 (Green - Shift keys and Function key) with CR for the Black text.

The interest check phase is planned to go until July 16th but is flexible depending on how quick communication between us and GMK is. The ordering period will be a month and is scheduled to start July 17th the day after the Interest check ends. The payment deadline will be approximately a month later around August 18th. We expect production to take 2-3 months. Then after that we will take between 2 and 4 weeks to ship out all orders. This is our skeleton schedule and nothing is set in stone.

When the group buy starts, we will have a google document to input orders. Orders will be invoiced at the end of the buy period. We would prefer you pay the invoice as soon as you receive it, but may give a one day buffer. Unpaid orders at the deadline will be dropped.

Shipping is as follows, all CONUS orders will be shipped via USPS flat rate. The number of sets you order will determine if it is a small (~$6) or medium (~$12) flat rate box. International orders will ship out only after ALL CONUS orders are fulfilled. Ghostjuggernaught and I have already looked into some sturdy corrugated cardboard boxes for international shipping. Shipping will also depend on the number of sets ordered since weight is the determining factor. International shipping should be around $15, but that is only a rough estimate.

Here is the color palette of GMK just for reference.

103669-1
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 July 2015, 20:16:38 by radio_killah »

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
Re: [IC] GMK RGBK Mod Pack
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 18:16:56 »
New mock up received!  :D Feedback is welcome!

104197-0
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 June 2015, 11:11:07 by radio_killah »

Offline Blackehart

• Booty Aficionado Extraordinaire
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 18:34:28 »
My body and wallet are ready...

CMYK would be supah sweet too...juss sayin...

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 18:38:49 »
I would be interested :)

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 19:02:19 »
I feel like RGB mods have been done enough, even more so than dolch. I won't be joining this, but good luck.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 19:03:13 »
I feel like RGB mods have been done enough, even more so than dolch. I won't be joining this, but good luck.
They haven't been done for some time. Also maybe Mr Killah will be adding something unique to this one :rolleyes:
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 19:04:56 »
I think having "control" instead of "ctrl" for sure would win me over.  The mockups look fine for me so :thumb:

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 19:07:50 »
If something interesting was actually done with this set then I might join. It would depend on what is done

Offline geniekid

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 19:23:39 »
I'm interested.  Might I suggest yellow Win keys and a purple App/Menu key?  Feng had yellow Win keys for his RGBW buy and they look great.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 19:24:51 »
Yeah I would be in for a set of these.

Offline shower_king

• Pain is weakness leaving your body
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 20:40:47 »
May be some new and more used keys include will boost for hit MOQ.

Offline Danboard

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 20:51:27 »
Yes! I would love to see another round of this.

Offline luckyryan333

• #There'sNoToolForTyping
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 22:11:21 »
I tried making a sample mockup for our better understanding, but I'm not sure if it contains everything you plan or not.
Sorry I'm not able to convert white text into black one. It's beyond my ability.  ;)

103592-0
No PaiN, No GaiN
More
How to order from Taobao from outside of China and WITHOUT an Agent
daily driver: C70 w/ Oblivion
on the way: d65_12/gmkblk_3

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 22:56:15 »
I tried making a sample mockup for our better understanding, but I'm not sure if it contains everything you plan or not.
Sorry I'm not able to convert white text into black one. It's beyond my ability.  ;)

(Attachment Link)

This would be nice, but any thoughts about an additional "menu" key in a different colour?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline simonyunhe

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 23:04:44 »
This is very good
KeyBs:|RS96-Brown|GS-87-White|DIYer60-Red|VA68M-Brown|GS-ALT71-Blue|IKBC-108-Black|
KeyCs:|SA Carbon R1+2|SA Camping|SA Amazing Chocolatier|SA Commando 88 Ghost|SA Hyperfuse|SA Penumbra|SA Doom|SA Creamy Orange|SA Ocean Dolch|SA Lotus*72|SA Trouble Minds R2|DSA Granite|GMK TA|GMK Soware|XDA Mailstone|GM Ember|

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 23:14:13 »

(Attachment Link)
Thanks for that! It isn't the exact set of keys we will be using but I am working quickly to nail down what ghost and I want to bring to you guys.

(Attachment Link)

This would be nice, but any thoughts about an additional "menu" key in a different colour?
A menu key isn't high on the list to make the set but if we were to include one what color would you like to see?

Offline ATXTider

• I keep it playa while some choose to play it safe
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 23:17:39 »
Maybe a spacebar, Caps, Winkey, and Menu/Meta Key for great mooglings?

Offline Blackehart

• Booty Aficionado Extraordinaire
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 23:28:32 »

(Attachment Link)
Thanks for that! It isn't the exact set of keys we will be using but I am working quickly to nail down what ghost and I want to bring to you guys.

(Attachment Link)

A menu key isn't high on the list to make the set but if we were to include one what color would you like to see?

Orange would be nice :p  Haven't seen orange GMK, would be nice to get a taste :p

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 23:32:29 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

I'd probably go with orange, as Blackehart suggested :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline GSimon

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 23:53:51 »
Existing version (2nd row)

more shots: http://imgur.com/a/yCRk0

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 23:54:41 »

Show Image

Thanks for posting this!

Offline luckyryan333

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 00:09:24 »
I'd probably go with orange, as Blackehart suggested :)

another version reflects their suggestion

103601-0

ps) Do we have a chance to go with both RGBK and RGBW at the same time?
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 June 2015, 00:18:21 by luckyryan333 »
No PaiN, No GaiN
More

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 00:17:53 »

Show Image

more shots: http://imgur.com/a/yCRk0

Yeah those would look fantastic with Ivan's/IMSTO black on black PBT sets.

Offline GSimon

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 00:22:54 »
Thanks for posting this!

Np good luck with IC!

Shame, I'm in on Ivan's buy and have no pics to show or I'd confirm, am of the few missing orders of that buy and set still need to be shipped.
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 June 2015, 01:04:33 by GSimon »

Offline rsadek

• raging keyboard monkey
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 00:30:05 »
Yes, interested. One control key to swap w/ caps  :thumb: . Other than that keep it real simple and cheap for MOQ, yeah?

That pink is real nice, I'm surprised it isn't more popular.
❤️Keeboardz
---------------

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 00:33:05 »
Thanks for posting this!

Np good luck with IC!

Shame, I'm in on Ivan's buy and have no pics to show or I'd confirm, am of the few missing orders of that buy and set still need to be shipped.
This is what my IMSTO black on black set looks like. I would imagine Ivan's would be pretty similar, but perhaps with a different font/texture. Both are Cherry profile.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 00:55:18 »
What kind of legends would you guys like to see on the shifts? Text + symbol? or Symbol only?

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 01:08:16 »
I am probably not joining this so my opinion may not matter, however the text and arrow is true to the original cherry sets. Some people make ****ed up sets where they just have the arrows and it is weird.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 01:10:25 »
What kind of legends would you guys like to see on the shifts? Text + symbol? or Symbol only?

I'm a fan of text + symbols.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 02:14:10 »
yes pls

much buy

very want

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 02:38:10 »
Much interest. Would like a blank option, especially for the much hated Windows keys.

Offline luckyryan333

« Reply #31 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 02:47:41 »

+1  :thumb:
No PaiN, No GaiN
More

Offline GSimon

« Reply #32 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 02:59:37 »
Much interest. Would like a blank option, especially for the much hated Windows keys.

blanks as extra maybe?

Why hasn't there been a GMK group buy for a blank only set yet....might have to think of one.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #33 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 03:28:52 »

blanks as extra maybe?

Why hasn't there been a GMK group buy for a blank only set yet....might have to think of one.
I was looking into it, but it is too close to BSPs price to be justified.

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 03:41:30 »
I would be all over it if it if it had a 2u shift key included. I wouldn't even care what type of legend it had, as long as I could use it on my G80-11900!
That board is a pain to find keys for  :-[

Offline Hzza

« Reply #35 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 05:56:43 »
Symbol only mods = in for sure. Failing that, I kind of like how the CMYW kit did it with 2 sets of shifts, one with and one without symbols.

Offline Blackhawk

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 06:09:23 »

+1

As far as 1u keys go, I think orange or maybe even purple would be cool additions.

Offline shower_king

• Pain is weakness leaving your body
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 07:10:18 »

+1

As far as 1u keys go, I think orange or maybe even purple would be cool additions.

good idea ,let's make this happen

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 09:20:02 »
So as per my ****ty crop of my excel sheet, the keys I'm thinking of adding are a 1u function key in green for people to use with a split right shift, and two 1u keys for winkey keyboards. I'm thinking the best way to do it is to go blank and just let the community choose what color they want between the red control and blue alt keys.

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #39 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 09:24:49 »
Extra blank Could be affordable. Six 1,25 keys plus three shift keys should cost 11 eur.

blanks as extra maybe?

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
Re: [IC] GMK RGBK Mod Pack - Contacting GMK for Mock up + Quote
« Reply #40 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 11:15:42 »
Lurkers and active members alike, please give us your feedback on your opinion of 1u windows keys or blanks.

I think that we will almost for sure include 1 matching fn key for split right shift layouts.

We are still on the fence about 1u window keys and or blanks.

I am currently in the process of getting a quote as well as contacting GMK for a mock up.

I just want to let people know I will try to be as responsive and helpful as possible. I work quickly and hope to get this out as soon as possible.

Offline luckyryan333

« Reply #41 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 11:23:11 »
1u windows keys are more preferable for me.
More specifically, windows 8.
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 June 2015, 11:29:44 by luckyryan333 »
No PaiN, No GaiN
More

Offline admiralvorian

• DIY
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 11:26:11 »
I'd like to see a 1u windows key, I use one on the left side of my board and a blank or fn on the right side (winkeyless layout with 1u keys in-between ctrl and alt)

plus it gives the set more "usability". If i have an ansi125 board and an ansi150 board, i have enough keys for BOTH!!!! (maybe not completely, but you get the idea)

does GMK offer old-school windows legends, or just the new windows 8/10 logo?
Darude Status:
☐ Not Sandstorm
☑ Sandstorm                                               wts wtt wtb

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 11:30:11 »
Lurkers and active members alike, please give us your feedback on your opinion of 1u windows keys or blanks.

I think that we will almost for sure include 1 matching fn key for split right shift layouts.

I am currently in the process of getting a quote as well as contacting GMK for a mock up.

I just want to let people know I will try to be as responsive and helpful as possible. I work quickly and hope to get this out as soon as possible.

I think a 1u blank would be pretty safe. Windows keys are popular too, but then everyone has their preference of old/new logo as well.

There are a lot of good keys in this pack so far, but you might have to be mindful of unintentionally adding so many keys that brings the price to a point which may be too high for someone who would really only need 6 keys, which would endanger meeting the MOQ or something.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #44 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 11:36:04 »
I'd like to see a 1u windows key, I use one on the left side of my board and a blank or fn on the right side (winkeyless layout with 1u keys in-between ctrl and alt)

plus it gives the set more "usability". If i have an ansi125 board and an ansi150 board, i have enough keys for BOTH!!!! (maybe not completely, but you get the idea)

does GMK offer old-school windows legends, or just the new windows 8/10 logo?

I do not know yet. I will ask but if we do go with windows keys they would be probably the new 8 logo.

I think a 1u blank would be pretty safe. Windows keys are popular too, but then everyone has their preference of old/new logo as well.

There are a lot of good keys in this pack so far, but you might have to be mindful of unintentionally adding so many keys that brings the price to a point which may be too high for someone who would really only need 6 keys, which would endanger meeting the MOQ or something.

I think we want to either do blanks or do window keys not both which is why I want feedback.

Offline dorf

• divine creator
« Reply #45 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 12:42:45 »
Blanks or not, please include ISO compability.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #46 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 13:28:26 »
It should already be there with the short shifts.

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #47 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 13:31:30 »
Thanks for posting this!

Np good luck with IC!

This is what my IMSTO black on black set looks like. I would imagine Ivan's would be pretty similar, but perhaps with a different font/texture. Both are Cherry profile.

Imsto did the dyesub for ivans buy, you're talking about the same set.
Also I'd buy one or two RGB sets.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #48 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 14:25:29 »
definitely interested in rgbk and cmyk. would go in for two sets each. no reason for anyone to NOT have a set of each

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #49 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 14:26:42 »
Like radio_killah said, short shift should allow perfect iso compatibility, but to have a symmetricay result, iso needs one 1u key (on the right of the left shift, maybe a blank key? or one with the >< symbols?). That is very nice and good for iso compatibility.

After that you could also add an iso enter key, but maybe it's a litte bit too much to ask for it. But I'd like it :-)

« Last Edit: Wed, 17 June 2015, 14:31:10 by Giorgio »