Author Topic: [IC] GMK RGBK Mod Pack - GB to start on Friday 7/17!  (Read 32717 times)

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
Re: [IC] GMK RGBK Mod Pack - New Mock Up Received!
« Reply #150 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 08:40:53 »
To me this mockup :

Show Image

is still perfect.

But if people want Esc Key, black on Red is great . But put at least 2 in it, not just one, since this kit can populate at least 2 boards.

Be carefull about not adding too much caps It can raise the price of the kit by a lot.
Well this is a freebie being thrown in by GMK, so it would only be on cap.

oh right.

Then 1 esc it is.

Azerty Propagandiste

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #151 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 10:46:04 »
I guess if you could pick just one out of the RGB, then red Esc with black lettering (we already have tons with white legends).

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #152 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 10:47:11 »
I'd also vote for the Black on Red Escape. :thumb:

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #153 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 10:47:24 »
Yup. I think Red ESC with black legend is perfect freebie for this GB  :thumb:
It make completely mockup. It is good idea  :thumb:

Offline swornxin

• Nailed Down Custom Pins
« Reply #154 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 11:29:58 »

I guess if you could pick just one out of the RGB, then red Esc with black lettering (we already have tons with white legends).
Agreed.

Octagon - 62g Cherry tactile greys
Phantom - 65g Cherry tactile greys
FC660M - Cherry blues
KC60 - Gateron browns

Offline effectiveduck

« Reply #155 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 12:38:13 »
Feng's rgby was pretty spot on.

Show Image

Agreed tough I would like to see 1u ctrl and alt keys though.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #156 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 14:36:23 »
Feng's rgby was pretty spot on.

Show Image

Agreed tough I would like to see 1u ctrl and alt keys though.
This is not our mockup. We are including 1U ctrl and alt keys. Check the second post.

Offline UKKeycaps

• * Vendor
  • UKKeycaps.co.uk / MechSupply.co.uk
    • UKKeycaps
« Reply #157 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 18:09:42 »
International shipping is a bit too high for my liking. I'm really interested in doing/seeing a EU/UK based GB of the same keys/colour scheme

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #158 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 18:44:18 »
International shipping is a bit too high for my liking. I'm really interested in doing/seeing a EU/UK based GB of the same keys/colour scheme
It's often a challenge to meet GMK's MOQs, running two group buys doesn't make it easier. Maybe you could arrange something like for the Classic Beige group buy, where Photekq does Europe and the CONUS stuff is send to Hoff.

Personally, I'd appreciated it, if we could get someone to take over the Europe orders, without having to ship the caps to US and back to Europe again.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #159 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 19:27:48 »
It's often a challenge to meet GMK's MOQs, running two group buys doesn't make it easier. Maybe you could arrange something like for the Classic Beige group buy, where Photekq does Europe and the CONUS stuff is send to Hoff.

Personally, I'd appreciated it, if we could get someone to take over the Europe orders, without having to ship the caps to US and back to Europe again.

It might be a bit tough to have GMK split the shipment but I can go ahead and ask about it.

Offline UKKeycaps

• * Vendor
  • UKKeycaps.co.uk / MechSupply.co.uk
    • UKKeycaps
« Reply #160 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 19:41:22 »

I've got my first group buy running right now, I kinda want see it completed first to get some experience and some community trust before I take on any more projects. But being the EU or UK distributor for a GB in the future is definitely something I'd consider.

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #161 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 03:56:22 »

It might be a bit tough to have GMK split the shipment but I can go ahead and ask about it.

If it's first shipping from Germany (GMK), can't you just first ship it within Europe, and then have the Euro proxy then ship the US part to the US proxy?
(I'm just saying proxy because I don't know who is doing what)

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #162 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 11:00:02 »

If it's first shipping from Germany (GMK), can't you just first ship it within Europe, and then have the Euro proxy then ship the US part to the US proxy?

Well seeing as Ghost and I are both US based, and this is our GB, we would not feel comfortable shipping the sets to anyone else other than ourselves.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #163 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 11:02:41 »

Well seeing as Ghost and I are both US based, and this is our GB, we would not feel comfortable shipping the sets to anyone else other than ourselves.

If you decide to want an european proxy later in the process. Feel free to pm me.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #164 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 11:06:01 »

Ah OK, I thought one of you were in Europe

Offline padath

« Reply #165 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 12:01:08 »

IIRC from previous group-buys run by Ivan, it is apparently cheaper to get the entire order shipped to the US and then ship smaller orders back to the EU. I think this is because VAT needs to be paid when GMK delivers to the EU whereas it doesn't when delivered to the US.

Of course VAT may need to be paid buy the buyers anyway for larger orders shipped back into the EU and I have been caught out by that more than once...

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #166 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 12:07:06 »

IIRC from previous group-buys run by Ivan, it is apparently cheaper to get the entire order shipped to the US and then ship smaller orders back to the EU. I think this is because VAT needs to be paid when GMK delivers to the EU whereas it doesn't when delivered to the US.

Of course VAT may need to be paid buy the buyers anyway for larger orders shipped back into the EU and I have been caught out by that more than once...
So here is what's apparently going on for Classic Beige:
too bad you couldn't arrange with an european for this buy.
I think you misunderstand.

We are effectively making two orders with GMK.

One ships to Hoff in the USA - USA and non-EU orders. No VAT is paid on these sets. This was done in order to keep things as cheap as possible for non-EU buyers.
One ships to me in the UK - EU orders. VAT is paid on these sets (I pay GMK 20% extra). The bonus is that you pay no import fees, which would not be the case if Hoff shipped all orders.

Should note that VAT would be paid regardless of which EU country the GMK order shipped to. Blame the EU for this, seriously :-X

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #167 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 12:19:20 »
You are telling me that they are able to distinguish a rosewill set from a gmk one?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #168 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 00:20:39 »
There's a Massdrop happening for GMK modifiers, but I'm probably going to join this GB too, anyway.
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 July 2015, 01:01:27 by romevi »

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #169 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 00:25:02 »
There's a Massdrop happening for GMK modifiers, but I'm probably going to joint this GB too, anyway.

I think I am going to get the CMY from massdrop, and the RGB right here  :thumb:

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #170 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 00:36:40 »
There's a Massdrop happening for GMK modifiers, but I'm probably going to joint this GB too, anyway.

I think I am going to get the CMY from massdrop, and the RGB right here  :thumb:
the MD one is rgbyW, with white mods. If you mix white lettered mods w/ black lettered alpha :(

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #171 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 00:39:00 »

the MD one is rgbyW, with white mods. If you mix white lettered mods w/ black lettered alpha :(
Had not really though about that :(

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #172 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 01:02:12 »

Right, so that's why I'm still on board for this GB. Can't have too many of everything!

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #173 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 02:45:01 »
Just **** luck really with Massdrop running their's out of the blue

I'm sure the GH community will support this one though

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #174 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 02:49:32 »
Massdrop: no iso support, more expensive per key pricing, more expensive if you live in Europe (import taxes), white seems nicer, at least in the renderings

GH: no yellow 1,25 keys (they will be added, if many orders are received), too many alt gr keys
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 July 2015, 05:10:17 by Giorgio »

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #175 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 03:22:39 »

this basically sums it up...
white font mix with black font is no, assuming RGB goes very well with the (also) upcoming classic beige :D
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline punkpc

« Reply #176 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 11:20:47 »
I assume no way to add a Command key to this set? in 1.25? could be same as windows key in yellow

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #177 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 12:19:47 »
What legend should it have?

I assume no way to add a Command key to this set? in 1.25? could be same as windows key in yellow

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #178 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 12:22:01 »

I assume he means command key as in Mac, so it would have to be pad printed.

Offline punkpc

« Reply #179 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 12:37:59 »

Something like the ones used by ocodo

I recently had a AEK style layout made for a WASD (lovely keyboard btw)

Show Image

The final product... (you may prefer a more conservative color scheme.)

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Laser etching on the white keys has better crispness than the colored keys.

I assume he means command key as in Mac, so it would have to be pad printed.

If that is the best option... I guess that would have to do.

If pad printing is used can colors be used for the apple logo?

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #180 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 16:39:38 »
I will be in for one set no matter what  :thumb:

Just to state my preferences:

- I don't care for Alt Gr keys (as an ISO user)
- I prefer text + symbol legends
- would be nice to have win + menu keys to have a pseudo moogle kit and use it with a vintage cherry set on modern boards
- for the extra key I prefer a red Esc with black lettering

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #181 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 16:46:22 »
Thank you guys for all the feed back. It seems like there is unanimous support for a red escape key with black text so I think we will be going with that.

The group buy is scheduled to go live next Friday and we will keep the ordering period open for about a month.

At this time, the currently posted render is what Ghost and I will be going with. Price is also being finalized.

Like previously mentioned, window/menu keys will be added depending on the number of orders and the price breaks.

Would the community like to see 1u or 1.25u extras? If we reach a price break I think that most likely we will only be able to afford one of these options. Also these would be black text on yellow to keep in theme with the rest of the set.

Thanks for the support everyone  :p

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #182 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 16:59:52 »
I'd prefer 1.25 extras to populate the remaining bottom row keys on standard boards :)

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #183 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 17:14:04 »
Thank you guys for all the feed back. It seems like there is unanimous support for a red escape key with black text so I think we will be going with that.

The group buy is scheduled to go live next Friday and we will keep the ordering period open for about a month.

At this time, the currently posted render is what Ghost and I will be going with. Price is also being finalized.

Like previously mentioned, window/menu keys will be added depending on the number of orders and the price breaks.

Would the community like to see 1u or 1.25u extras? If we reach a price break I think that most likely we will only be able to afford one of these options. Also these would be black text on yellow to keep in theme with the rest of the set.

I am a wkl user, and stand strong for 1.5,  but 1.25 will benefit more from this.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #184 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 18:26:09 »

:D

1.25 plz

Offline ATXTider

• I keep it playa while some choose to play it safe
« Reply #185 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 18:50:25 »

I'm surprised this is even a question at this point...

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #186 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 18:55:42 »

It's a question because they won't have enough funds for 1u AND 1.25u extra yellow keys, so they need to see what the majority is...

Offline ATXTider

« Reply #187 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 19:03:24 »

It's a question because they won't have enough funds for 1u AND 1.25u extra yellow keys, so they need to see what the majority is...

My previous statement still stands. 

Is there some sort of Tsangan/WKL reality distortion field I just don't know about because my keyboards are all using a contemporary standard bottom row?

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #188 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 19:06:16 »

My previous statement still stands. 

Is there some sort of Tsangan/WKL reality distortion field I just don't know about because my keyboards are all using a contemporary standard bottom row?
No? But usually wkl boards have blockers in them, or at least the majority of the users who use the WKL sets. I like WKL because it looks more even to me.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
Re: [IC] GMK RGBK Mod Pack - GB to start on Friday 7/17!
« Reply #189 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 17:37:16 »
Hey everyone! So everything is on schedule for the group buy to start this Friday 7/17. Ghost and I just need to put the last couple of final details together and we are ready to go.

From the feedback, it seems like our extra freebie key will be a R1 Esc key in red with black text. It seemed like an overall favorite.

As for yellow window/menu keys, whether or not we add them is up to how many orders we get. Once we hit a price break we can then think about adding them. If there is a price break the 2 keys added will most likely be R4 1.25u Yellow (color code - CV)Windows keys with a Black (color code CR) windows 8 symbol. If we reach an even higher price break we can work on adding 1u yellow windows keys as well.

Thanks guys!

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #190 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 17:56:26 »
Hey everyone! So everything is on schedule for the group buy to start this Friday 7/17. Ghost and I just need to put the last couple of final details together and we are ready to go.

From the feedback, it seems like our extra freebie key will be a R1 Esc key in red with black text. It seemed like an overall favorite.

As for yellow window/menu keys, whether or not we add them is up to how many orders we get. Once we hit a price break we can then think about adding them. If there is a price break the 2 keys added will most likely be R4 1.25u Yellow (color code - CV)Windows keys with a Black (color code CR) windows 8 symbol. If we reach an even higher price break we can work on adding 1u yellow windows keys as well.

Thanks guys!

Sound nice.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline ATXTider

« Reply #191 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 18:33:32 »

Thanks guys!

Perfect!!!
 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #192 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 19:07:20 »
Can't wait

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #193 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 19:12:39 »
How long is this GB gonna last?
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #194 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 19:16:56 »
Woooo finally!!!
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #195 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 19:17:55 »

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #196 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 19:24:45 »

Lol I can't read apparently. Thank you!
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #197 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 19:46:00 »
Any word on the price?

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #198 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 20:54:55 »
Any word on the price?

Should be right around $40 + shipping + paypal fees.

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #199 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 20:58:35 »
Any word on the price?

Should be right around $40 + shipping + paypal fees.

Good deal  :thumb: