Author Topic: Hello  (Read 3384 times)

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Hello
« on: Tue, 14 July 2015, 18:09:21 »
Hello -

I've been a long time lurker here, and thought I might finally introduce myself here (also, I need posts to be able to post in the classifieds).

Here's my home setup: http://i.imgur.com/G5Xm4RL.jpg

Old work setup: http://i.imgur.com/EFpmU1J.jpg
New work setup: http://i.imgur.com/Zhv0Vb0.jpg

Currently in the process of building a Planck: http://i.imgur.com/N0Be6VB.jpg

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 15 July 2015, 01:04:45 »
Hello! Nice setups!
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 15 July 2015, 05:57:18 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Just a guess - do you like green?  If so, you wouldn't be the first.

Also there's a thread where you can post pictures of your desk(s) :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 15 July 2015, 06:29:41 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Just a guess - do you like green?  If so, you wouldn't be the first.

Also there's a thread where you can post pictures of your desk(s) :)

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to post over there tonight, when I'm not on mobile.

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 15 July 2015, 06:39:31 »
Hello and welcome! :D

I really like your setup! Interesting jar on the right... :))

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 15 July 2015, 06:53:33 »
Hello and welcome! :D

I really like your setup! Interesting jar on the right... :))

Thanks. It's an old pickle jar that I use to collect bottle caps (future table/other bottle cap furniture pending)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 23:24:54 »
sup
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Ramage

• * Maker
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 02:35:53 »
Welcome, I have that same razor keyboard. Does anyone at work give you a bad time for the click clacking?

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 19:19:22 »
Welcome, I have that same razor keyboard. Does anyone at work give you a bad time for the click clacking?

Not really. I've actually got my Das Keyboard Model S at work (also with Blues). I'm in an open office space with about 20 cubicles. After a couple weeks someone made a joke about it being loud. I'm honestly surprised that no one seems to care.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 20:00:49 »
nm, u?

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 22:26:48 »
nm, u?

Hello! Sorry my negligence. What's up?

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 22:27:08 »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 00:13:32 »
nm, u?

Hello! Sorry my negligence. What's up?

Nothing. I like your home set up!

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 00:16:59 »
Love those red and black caps!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 05:34:44 »

Not really. I've actually got my Das Keyboard Model S at work (also with Blues). I'm in an open office space with about 20 cubicles. After a couple weeks someone made a joke about it being loud. I'm honestly surprised that no one seems to care.

Lucky you!

The SSK I took to work was heavily criticised, so now I have to use MX blacks :(
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 06:17:24 »

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 06:27:32 »
Love those red and black caps!

Thanks, I made them!

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 06:46:23 »

Lucky you!

The SSK I took to work was heavily criticised, so now I have to use MX blacks :(

I'm afraid to bring in anything quieter than blues since everyone seems to have gotten used to it. But I'm sure a Model M would not be well received.

Offline Ramage

• * Maker
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 20:25:45 »
Your'e definitely lucky to have such tolerant co-workers. I'd get chewed out for sure with a key board this loud.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 06:53:38 »
Your'e definitely lucky to have such tolerant co-workers. I'd get chewed out for sure with a key board this loud.

Honestly, there are some rather loud people in my office. Is almost never quiet. So I don't think they mind a little keyboard noise. Plus some people where headphones.