Author Topic: [IC] GMK SKIDATA+ (GB IS LIVE)  (Read 1513313 times)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Re: [IC] GMK SKIDATA+ (GB Incoming)
« Reply #550 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 10:17:52 »

If the organizer doesnt give us a way to communicate who has joined then I do so myself, I think that's fair. I hadn't, until now, even considered the negative reaction some people might have to it. The internet is such a terrible place, putting disdain in our hearts for such arbitrary things.
Though I definitely do see  it now. @.@
I don't have a negative impact toward them. They just seem inevitable.
I get why they're useful for the GB leader.

When you have Tapatalk and see a notification, you get all excited until you see its just a "Paid" comment; no juicy GB info. :(

This is why you should turn off tapatalk notifications

Hell I would turn off unwatch most if not all GB threads if I could just see the OP's posts only

Turn off thread notifications, but keep quote notifications.  :)

I had them all set up nicely, but I think an update screwed them over. Now I get notifications just for subscribed threads that I'm not actively following.

Never even thought of doing just quotation notifications. Will do just that as that seems more convenient.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #551 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 11:48:53 »
T

If the organizer doesnt give us a way to communicate who has joined then I do so myself, I think that's fair. I hadn't, until now, even considered the negative reaction some people might have to it. The internet is such a terrible place, putting disdain in our hearts for such arbitrary things.
I don't have a negative impact toward them. They just seem inevitable.
I get why they're useful for the GB leader.

When you have Tapatalk and see a notification, you get all excited until you see its just a "Paid" comment; no juicy GB info. :(

This is why you should turn off tapatalk notifications

Hell I would turn off unwatch most if not all GB threads if I could just see the OP's posts only

Turn off thread notifications, but keep quote notifications.  :)

Thanks I'll give it a shot!

Offline Jedi

« Reply #552 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 07:37:35 »
Can I get a 6.5U weiner dog please?

Offline Data

« Reply #553 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 07:44:49 »
Everybody always wants a bigger wiener.  :rolleyes:

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #554 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 08:59:29 »

I read this post.

Read! (thumb)

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline mrflow3r

• T
« Reply #555 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 09:53:20 »
Has the GB gone live yet 0_0? Have been waiting for quite a bit! Sorry if I missed the post =P

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #556 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 10:15:18 »
Has the GB gone live yet 0_0? Have been waiting for quite a bit! Sorry if I missed the post =P

Nothing yet! Karura will let us know asap!

Offline mrflow3r

• T
« Reply #557 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 10:28:38 »

Nothing yet! Karura will let us know asap!

thanks!

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #558 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 18:01:03 »
Only just saw the news about the relegendables - thats super cool! Thanks Karura!

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
« Reply #559 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 09:54:17 »

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #560 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 10:08:30 »
No updates?

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #561 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 11:32:56 »
Will be posting later this evening with a more detailed response regarding our current situation :)

Thanks for all the support and interest! :thumb:

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #562 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 19:51:26 »
Will be posting later this evening with a more detailed response regarding our current situation :)

Thanks for all the support and interest! :thumb:
Me want GB #sadkittyface
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #563 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 19:52:49 »
Help

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #564 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 20:54:41 »
I would appreciate if LeandreN would stop bumping the thread with 1-2 word replies every few days (sometimes every day), it's not contributing and only makes the thread longer to read; it's bothering quite a few people and I've gotten complaints about it. I will always give you guys an update as soon as I am able to.

Now onto the GB info:

Everything has been finalized, I've figured out shipping, payment, logistics, fees, sorting, proxy, shipping materials, everything.
Everything is 100% finalized.

To be completely transparent with the situation, I was hoping to run the GB this week, but to be 100% cautious, I am currently speaking with PayPal regarding payment concerns, and also GMK's currently at 100% production and won't be able to take our order at the moment.

Trust me, I would rather confirm again with PayPal that we will have no problems, and collect payment, than to collect payment, and have to refund it. It will not be a problem if it is sorted out ahead of time.

Another thing I wanted to mention:

The main reason for the GB date being pushed back is because GMK has informed me that the earliest SKIDATA+ can be made is January 2016, as they are quite occupied right now and are at 100% production.

So what does that mean for the SKIDATA+ group buy?

1) We are 100% good :) everything has been taken care of, and we just need to be patient. We've all done an amazing job at rallying support, and I don't see any problems with meeting MOQ.
2) No reason to collect payment at this very moment, since GMK will not be making these keycaps anytime soon, I'd rather collect payment closer to the date.
3) I will collect payment in November, before 11/15, and will be collecting payment for 30 days approximately, so people will have plenty of time to get their orders in. :thumb:
4) Please stop bumping with ":)" "help" "Bump" "etc" it's quite annoying, thanks. It doesn't accomplish anything except spam.

Things are no longer up to us, and is going to be something we have to wait for and be patient with, due to GMK's production schedule.

I mean, if you guys are so eager to give me money right now, it wouldn't change anything because I'd still be holding onto it and still be waiting for GMK. :)

Hope that explains everything, and please look forward to the official GB opening!
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 October 2015, 22:40:59 by Karura »

Offline ika

« Reply #565 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 21:06:04 »
Was a decision ever made regarding barred F/J caps using the data from the poll?

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #566 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 21:08:12 »
Was a decision ever made regarding barred F/J caps using the data from the poll?

Good question, majority over 70% prefer scoops, and no additional homing keys will be added.

It goes to show that the silent majority is not-so-silent when it comes to actually paying for it.

I did try to actually include yet another pack. I contacted GMK to enquire about additional homing options, as I know some people would be interested in different homing options to try out, but they did not have anything else, and therefore it wouldn't have worked to have yet another homing "pack" (I was hoping GMK would have scooped nipples, scooped bars, etc, for a total of 6-8 keys in the pack) when it's just two keys.
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 October 2015, 21:13:20 by Karura »

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
« Reply #567 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 21:41:43 »
Any suggestions of vendor support at this point? We all know GMK MOQ can be hard to reach otherwise...

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #568 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 21:58:56 »
Any suggestions of vendor support at this point? We all know GMK MOQ can be hard to reach otherwise...

No. Don't worry about MOQ, it is not a problem.

SKIDATA+ is a 100% community run and supported GB, and there is no reason to hand it over to a vendor. I've said this many times now.

Planning for this GB started on 10/10/14 and has just passed the one year mark roughly two weeks ago.

It might come as a surprise since all the planning and coordinating is behind the scenes, but SKIDATA+ has only made it this far due to the support and efforts of the community. There are over 10 people I can list in an instant who are actively contributing to making SKIDATA+ a reality, and I keep in contact with these community members on a daily basis.

We as a community have always been able to support each other and make things happen, and that isn't going to change. Together, we will make this happen. Don't lose faith my friend. :thumb:
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 October 2015, 22:26:31 by Karura »

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #569 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 22:37:25 »

SKIDATA+ is a 100% community run and supported GB, and there is no reason to hand it over to a vendor. I've said this many times now.

Planning for this GB started on 10/10/14 and has just passed the one year mark roughly two weeks ago.

It might come as a surprise since all the planning and coordinating is behind the scenes, but SKIDATA+ has only made it this far due to the support and efforts of the community. There are over 10 people I can list in an instant who are actively contributing to making SKIDATA+ a reality, and I keep in contact with these community members on a daily basis.

We as a community have always been able to support each other and make things happen, and that isn't going to change. Together, we will make this happen. Don't lose faith my friend. :thumb:
I love the positivity, will spread this skidata love in my country keyboard community

Keep up the good work, will start spreading the love tonight
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #570 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 23:07:39 »

I love the positivity, will spread this skidata love in my country keyboard community

Keep up the good work, will start spreading the love tonight

Thank you for the support, and I'm really glad to hear it. We need as much exposure as possible. ^-^

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #571 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 23:11:28 »

SKIDATA+ is a 100% community run and supported GB, and there is no reason to hand it over to a vendor.:

I do believe he meant seeing if any vendors, i.e. binge or mechanicalkeyboards.com might want to buy sets to resale to help boost MOQ.

Offline kaiwwww

« Reply #572 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 23:27:15 »
You will open GB in enjoyclick?
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 October 2015, 05:13:05 by kaiwwww »

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
« Reply #573 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 06:35:00 »

SKIDATA+ is a 100% community run and supported GB, and there is no reason to hand it over to a vendor.:

I do believe he meant seeing if any vendors, i.e. binge or mechanicalkeyboards.com might want to buy sets to resale to help boost MOQ.

Thanks, yes, was asking if there were any large orders already lined up by a vendor for reselling (ie Dolch, HyperFuse) . I was alluding to what happened with Classic Beige, a comparably priced set, where community support evaporated when it came time to put the money down. No worries, I'm sure you've got it all worked out!

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #574 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 14:54:48 »
I for one am grateful for the delay. My money is tied up right now. Maybe this way I can use some Christmas gift money for these.

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline Kola93

« Reply #575 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 21:29:42 »
This is such a great keyset for Halloween. ^-^

Offline MikeTheTiger

[IC] GMK SKIDATA+ (GB Incoming)
« Reply #576 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 23:16:10 »
Base kit and colour pack are a must buy. So many great sets on the horizon. Can't wait to build up my collection!

Offline Want

« Reply #577 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 06:03:46 »

Will provably arrive in time for next halloween :^)

On a more serious note, I'm probably out, unfortunately. Wallet has been hacked too hard this year already.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #578 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 08:29:48 »

Will provably arrive in time for next halloween :^)

On a more serious note, I'm probably out, unfortunately. Wallet has been hacked too hard this year already.

I share the same thoughts, the set is great, but not sure if I will jump on the wagon.

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #579 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 08:57:33 »
Are F and J gonna have a homing bump or a deep dish?
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #580 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 09:03:05 »
Are F and J gonna have a homing bump or a deep dish?

If you read a few posts above you'll see:

Good question, majority over 70% prefer scoops, and no additional homing keys will be added.

It goes to show that the silent majority is not-so-silent when it comes to actually paying for it.

I did try to actually include yet another pack. I contacted GMK to enquire about additional homing options, as I know some people would be interested in different homing options to try out, but they did not have anything else, and therefore it wouldn't have worked to have yet another homing "pack" (I was hoping GMK would have scooped nipples, scooped bars, etc, for a total of 6-8 keys in the pack) when it's just two keys.

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #581 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 09:47:49 »
If you read a few posts above you'll see:
I have skills for missing posts. Thanks.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #582 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 09:50:38 »
Wouldn't it be better to take orders now (soon), and put in the order sooner, rather than later? That way we would reserve our spot in the queue, with whatever lead time there might be. Waiting until January to place the order seems like it would put us even further out for manufacturing. Or is that not how GMK works?
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #583 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 10:05:29 »
Wouldn't it be better to take orders now (soon), and put in the order sooner, rather than later?

It seems to me the longer an interest check drags on the worse it is for the group buy but its clear the OP doesn't need/want anyone's input.

Offline Data

« Reply #584 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 10:17:38 »
Wouldn't it be better to take orders now (soon), and put in the order sooner, rather than later?

It seems to me the longer an interest check drags on the worse it is for the group buy but its clear the OP doesn't need/want anyone's input.

Someone is extra salty this morning.   :-*

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #585 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 10:31:08 »

I'm not salty at all it is just really sad when people ignore good advice and their group buys fail.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #586 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 14:41:07 »

I'm not salty at all it is just really sad when people ignore good advice and their group buys fail.

There are complications with payment right now that it would be irresponsible to take payment. I take it that you mean well, but it is really not a matter that is as simple it seems, and believe me, there is no one else that wants this GB to start and succeed more than me. Thank you for your concerns though, I know you mean well.

There's no reason to fear missing MOQ; we will pull thru and make it happen, I have faith in the community. ;)
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 October 2015, 15:27:51 by Karura »

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #587 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 15:36:45 »

There are complications with payment right now that it would be irresponsible to take payment. I take it that you mean well, but it is really not a matter that is as simple it seems, and believe me, there is no one else that wants this GB to start and succeed more than me. Thank you for your concerns though, I know you mean well.

There's no reason to fear missing MOQ; we will pull thru and make it happen, I have faith in the community. ;)

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #588 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 15:43:36 »
I'm not even really into this colorway, but i am definitely in on this GB because Karura is so on top of ****. awesome to see a GB led by someone willing to put in the work up front to make sure everything goes smoothly.  :thumb:

Offline hitlu

• [LF] Ogres and Colonel
« Reply #589 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 21:26:00 »
black and yellow, that is enough for my vote.
Colonel or Ogre

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #590 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 22:11:37 »
I've been keeping up with posts, but I can't recall - did we ever hear a response from GMK on the light bleed concerns?

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #591 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 22:31:54 »
I've been keeping up with posts, but I can't recall - did we ever hear a response from GMK on the light bleed concerns?

Hi Hoff, yes GMK has gotten back to me, and have assured me that they can make it as good as OG Skidata/Cherry without the light bleed issues. :thumb:

Fun fact: no other GB runner has ever mentioned their concerns regarding light bleed to GMK, so it really isn't a QC issue, rather, it is something that GMK was never aware of in the first place, due to the lack of communications regarding it. That said, it won't be the case for us, as I have brought it up as a requirement to them, and we will have nothing but the best GMK has to offer, AKA no ridiculous light bleed. :D
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 October 2015, 22:44:49 by Karura »

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #592 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 22:33:01 »
For those who are reading the thread and joining us for the first time: Welcome to SKIDATA+! :thumb:

I would like to offer some insight into the current state of the GB, as well as make a BIG announcement.

As observed in previous GBs, such as GMK RGBYK (btw, kudos to ghostjuggernaut and radiokillah for making it happen despite the situation), PayPal has introduced a new policy where they will flag any account they deem as suspicious, suspicious meaning any large influx of funds being received by the account, regardless of whether it's a new or older PayPal account.

As a result of being flagged, PayPal places restrictions/limitations on any and all funds in the account from being withdrawn, unless the account holder provides proof via "shipped tracking" updates, but that is literally impossible and spells death for the GB, as we are only able to pay GMK to produce keycaps by withdrawing the GB payments from the account, which cannot be unlocked unless we ship out the caps. It's a total catch-22.

That said, have no fear my friends. I would like to announce that SKIDATA+ will be partnering up with a very reputable vendor, with extensive pre-ordering experience and impeccable track record, and most importantly, one of our own ^-^ (read: not MassDrop).
This is crucial to the payment step, as we do not want to risk having our funds frozen in a PayPal account, and PayPal has assured me that our funds would definitely be frozen if we took on the GB with a new account.

So I earnestly ask everyone to please be patient, as we are currently ironing out the payment details, and making sure that there will not be any problems when it comes to GB payment collection time.

I understand there is a lot of anticipation, excitement, anxiety, buzz, hype, and rustlin' when it comes to GBs, but rest assured, Karura is here to put in the effort and make sure we will have nothing but a successful run. :thumb:

Please have some patience and faith in the group buy. It's really all that I ask from you guys, as I've done all the work that's required to make this happen.

I understand people are concerned about meeting MOQ, and I anticipate that we MIGHT have some issues with meeting it, but I'm sure the community will somehow work it out and meet the MOQ, like we always have for well-designed sets.

Feel free to post if you have any more questions, but really, settle down people, I'm literally doing the best I can to ensure that we get nothing but the BEST quality GMK has to offer in years (GMK has assured me that they understand our concerns for a high quality set, and will make it as good as OG Cherry sets), the most complete layout compatibility that has ever been offered for a GMK GB (ANSI, ISO, 60%, HHKB, 1800, LightSaver), and absolutely no problems when it comes to payment via PayPal.

Hope this helps answer some questions. ^-^
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 October 2015, 06:39:54 by Karura »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #593 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 22:37:37 »
Thank you for the update!
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #594 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 22:38:37 »
I would like to announce that SKIDATA+ will be partnering up with a very reputable vendor, with extensive pre-ordering experience and impeccable track record, and most importantly, one of our own ^-^ (read: not MassDrop).
That means Bingecap, CtrlAlt or Zeal, unless I'm forgetting someone. I'm ok with all of them. :D

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #595 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 22:41:33 »
For those who are reading the thread and joining us for the first time: Welcome to SKIDATA+! :thumb:

I would like to offer some insight into the current state of the GB, as well as make a BIG announcement.

As previously observed in previous GBs, such as GMK RGBYK (btw, kudos to ghostjuggernaut and radiokillah for making it happen despite the situation), PayPal has introduced a new policy where they will flag any account they deem as suspicious, suspicious meaning any large influx of funds being received by the account, regardless of whether it's a new or older PayPal account.

As a result of being flagged, PayPal places restrictions/limitations on any and all funds in the account from being withdrawn, unless the account holder provides proof via "shipped tracking" updates, but that is literally impossible and spells death for the GB, as we are only able to pay GMK to produce keycaps by withdrawing the GB payments from the account, which cannot be unlocked unless we ship out the caps. It's a total catch-22.

That said, have no fear my friends. I would like to announce that SKIDATA+ will be partnering up with a very reputable vendor, with extensive pre-ordering experience and impeccable track record, and most importantly, one of our own ^-^ (read: not MassDrop).
This is crucial to the payment step, as we do not want to risk having our funds frozen in a PayPal account, and PayPal has assured me that our funds would definitely be frozen if we took on the GB with a new account.

So I earnestly ask everyone to please be patient, as we are currently ironing out the payment details, and making sure that there will not be any problems when it comes to GB payment collection time.

I understand there is a lot of anticipation, excitement, anxiety, buzz, hype, and rustlin' when it comes to GBs, but rest assured, Karura is here to put in the effort and make sure we will have nothing but a successful run. :thumb:

Please have some patience and faith in the group buy. It's really all that I ask from you guys, as I've done all the work that's required to make this happen.

I understand people are concerned about meeting MOQ, and I anticipate that we MIGHT have some issues with meeting it, but I'm sure the community will somehow work it out and meet the MOQ, like we always have for well-designed sets.

Feel free to post if you have any more questions, but really, settle down people, I'm literally doing the best I can to ensure that not only will we get the BEST quality GMK has to offer in years (GMK has assured me that they understand our concerns for a high quality set, and make it as good as OG Cherry sets), the most complete layout compatibility that has ever been offered for a GMK GB (ANSI, ISO, 60%, HHKB, 1800%, LightSaver), and absolutely no problems when it comes to payment via PayPal.

Hope this helps answer some questions. ^-^
thumb

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #596 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 22:44:29 »

I think I know who this is!  ;)

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #597 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 22:46:15 »

I think I know who this is!  ;)

No way!! :O

Can't let the cat out of the bag just yet, to prevent harassment to the vendor. :P

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #598 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 22:52:48 »
Thanks, Karura. I know it can be difficult to manage people's expectations when doing a GB like this, especially when it involves some behind-the-scenes arrangements that you're not at liberty to disclose. But it's obvious to me that you care deeply about this project and you're doing your best to see it through.

This is going to be an amazing keyset, and worth every minute of waiting.

My boards:
More

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #599 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 22:58:32 »
Thanks, Karura. I know it can be difficult to manage people's expectations when doing a GB like this, especially when it involves some behind-the-scenes arrangements that you're not at liberty to disclose. But it's obvious to me that you care deeply about this project and you're doing your best to see it through.

This is going to be an amazing keyset, and worth every minute of waiting.

Thank you for your kind words and understanding! I really do appreciate it.

As I've said before, I may be the one at the helm, but SKIDATA+ is really a product of the community, with over 10 members of the community working behind the scenes, contributing in various ways to making SKIDATA+ a reality. I really believe that we can make it happen, and see it on our keyboards in a few months from now. It is definitely not a set to miss out on. ;)
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 October 2015, 23:02:45 by Karura »