Author Topic: Geekhack LGBTQ+ thread  (Read 22982 times)

Offline Lord of Narwhals

• You can call me NaLo
    • A selection of posts chosen with care, prior to remembering your indifference to them.
Re: Geekhack LGBTQ+ thread
« Reply #200 on: Sat, 12 September 2015, 08:52:24 »
I realize that this is a bit of a necrobump but whatever.
How can you like and or be friends with someone who fundamental thinks that you are below/less than them?
Sexist men can have wives you know.

Marriage has a religious connotation, even if non religious myself, I can't possibly accept they're using this term.
Adoption is trickier in my mind, while I think 2 loving gay parents is better than a ****ty hetero family, the kid will loose the balance mom/dad that I found very important. I'm not quite sure about adoption yet.
Marriage is older than modern religion.
My parents both left the church when they were in their twenties (in Sweden you used to become a member of the church just by being born) and their wedding didn't have a priest, there was no mention of a god during the ceremonies, and it did not take place in a church.
Are my parents not married then?
Because according to the Christian "marriage is religion" argument they are not. And what about other religions? Do you view a Hindu marriage as a marriage?

I live in a country that's 71% agnostic/atheist so the religious argument has never made much sense to me. I get that some people marry to "get closer to God" but most people marry simply because they love their significant other.

All couples that are fit for it should be allowed to adopt. I think the adopted would just be glad to have a family.

Now the problem today is not that gays can marry and that there are a bunch of (lol not really that many) whatever-kin.
The problem is that a lot of people still take sex way too seriously. This whole "sex is a sin unless you do it after marriage and to get (someone) pregnant"-mentality really has got to go!
People mostly do it because it's fun; and if no one's hurt in the process then I don't see how that's a problem. I guess that's why the incest debate always comes up when talking about LGBTQ+ and IMO the same reasoning applies there. It's not something that I'd ever do but if other people want to then who am I to judge.

I might as well state that I'm a straight white male. I do wish that I, and everyone else, was bi though because then there would be a lot more fish in the sea but unfortunately that's not the case.
In the end.. the keyboard's most grand form of existence is as an ethereal bridge between man and machine..    Each depression of the keys, evanescent.. Our transitory thoughts crashing into the web, carving canyons through the internet wasteland such that life may once again flourish..
HHKB Pro 2 Poker II [MX Red]

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #201 on: Sat, 12 September 2015, 09:00:53 »

I do wish that I, and everyone else, was bi though because then there would be a lot more fish in the sea but unfortunately that's not the case.
how about pan -.3-.
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Lord of Narwhals

• You can call me NaLo
    • A selection of posts chosen with care, prior to remembering your indifference to them.
« Reply #202 on: Sat, 12 September 2015, 09:19:47 »

I do wish that I, and everyone else, was bi though because then there would be a lot more fish in the sea but unfortunately that's not the case.
how about pan -.3-.
Pan would be nice too.
In the end.. the keyboard's most grand form of existence is as an ethereal bridge between man and machine..    Each depression of the keys, evanescent.. Our transitory thoughts crashing into the web, carving canyons through the internet wasteland such that life may once again flourish..
HHKB Pro 2 Poker II [MX Red]

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #203 on: Sat, 12 September 2015, 12:35:22 »
Yeah no on the bi thing.

Don't need any more people to reject me.

Ayyy

I'm so lonely ;_;
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #204 on: Sat, 12 September 2015, 13:17:21 »

No, that's awesome! I love to see this thread alive again.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline tbc

« Reply #205 on: Sat, 12 September 2015, 13:26:23 »
How can you like and or be friends with someone who fundamental thinks that you are below/less than them?
Sexist men can have wives you know.

Marriage has a religious connotation, even if non religious myself, I can't possibly accept they're using this term.
Adoption is trickier in my mind, while I think 2 loving gay parents is better than a ****ty hetero family, the kid will loose the balance mom/dad that I found very important. I'm not quite sure about adoption yet.
Marriage is older than modern religion.
My parents both left the church when they were in their twenties (in Sweden you used to become a member of the church just by being born) and their wedding didn't have a priest, there was no mention of a god during the ceremonies, and it did not take place in a church.
Are my parents not married then?
Because according to the Christian "marriage is religion" argument they are not. And what about other religions? Do you view a Hindu marriage as a marriage?

I live in a country that's 71% agnostic/atheist so the religious argument has never made much sense to me. I get that some people marry to "get closer to God" but most people marry simply because they love their significant other.

All couples that are fit for it should be allowed to adopt. I think the adopted would just be glad to have a family.

Now the problem today is not that gays can marry and that there are a bunch of (lol not really that many) whatever-kin.
The problem is that a lot of people still take sex way too seriously. This whole "sex is a sin unless you do it after marriage and to get (someone) pregnant"-mentality really has got to go!
People mostly do it because it's fun; and if no one's hurt in the process then I don't see how that's a problem. I guess that's why the incest debate always comes up when talking about LGBTQ+ and IMO the same reasoning applies there. It's not something that I'd ever do but if other people want to then who am I to judge.

I might as well state that I'm a straight white male. I do wish that I, and everyone else, was bi though because then there would be a lot more fish in the sea but unfortunately that's not the case.

well, if it makes you feel better, no christian that can get laid actually believes in the 'sex is for kids' thing.

it's a participation* ribbon thing to make some people feel better when they can't get any.

source: private christian schools across the entire western world and the phillipines

*ironically, it's a ribbon for lack of participation xD
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #206 on: Sat, 12 September 2015, 13:31:21 »
unrelated note, whats up with the broken quotes?
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #207 on: Sun, 13 September 2015, 03:18:38 »
I figured I'd see if any other geekhackers are queer like me!

I'm transgender.

Come at me iri.

Offline jd29

« Reply #208 on: Sun, 13 September 2015, 04:32:21 »
Yeah no on the bi thing.

Don't need any more people to reject me.

Ayyy

I'm so lonely ;_;

You'd be casting a wider net. For example most women refuse to be with a guy not taller than she is, but I imagine most men don't care so much.