Author Topic: Geekhack LGBTQ+ thread  (Read 22985 times)

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
Re: Geekhack LGBTQ+ thread
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 10:30:02 »
Ok, so, when I said in the OP that I was interested what responses I'd get, positive or negative, that wasn't supposed to be an invitation for everyone to air exactly what their opinion is on queer people. The support is nice for obvious reasons, but this thread really wasn't intended as a place for people to tell us all their problems with pride marches and gay marriage. This is one of the problems that I was talking about in the OP, is that on many online forums as soon as people find out you're queer, they have to turn it into a political debate about "queerness" as a whole. I suppose more what I had in mind was a place for queer people on GH to make themselves known, and for everyone else to recognize that about them, and accept that individual person, regardless of how they feel about the overall political ideas. For those of you that would say this is unnecessary, maybe it is, and you are in no way obligated to come onto this thread if you don't want to see the content. Anyways, I would just appreciate if people could approach this with more of an open-minded, inquisitive attitude, rather than one of just "I want to make sure everyone knows that I don't like the gays" (btw I DON'T think anyone on this thread is saying that).
On that note, I'd like to apologize profusely to azhder for my sarcastic response, it was exactly the opposite of what I'm now saying, I should have approached that in a much more open-minded manner. I'll leave that post intact as an example of what should NOT happen here.

Thanks for this answer, I saw this thread when it opened and didn't want in because of the points your raised.
I'll be out of this thread and will remove my posts if you wish to.

And people can believe it or not I had friends in this communities they never had problems with me.

Did you tell them that you didn't think they should be allowed to adopt children?

I explained my opinion and discussed it with them some couples agreed some didn't, trust it or not, not 100% of this community wants marriage or adoption.
People can be friends even if their opinions differ, actually it helps to review your opinions once in a while with people that have a different perspective than you.

Thanks for this answer, I saw this thread when it opened and didn't want in because of the points your raised.

And people can believe it or not I had friends in this communities they never had problems with me.
Dude it's totally fine, leave the posts there if you want, I couldn't care less. This is exactly what I'm talking about though, I have plenty of friends who, if they had their political way, would probably make life pretty hard for me (if inadvertently), but we can still be friends. The fact that you have these opinions should never prevent me from for instance participating in a groupbuy run by you, or appreciating your AZERTY superiority posts.  :thumb: Ya'll can even continue debating these issues, I just hope it's in a constructive fashion (unlike my debating apparently), if that's what people want, I'm not the god of this thread just because I created it.

:thumb:

Dude it's totally fine, leave the posts there if you want, I couldn't care less. This is exactly what I'm talking about though, I have plenty of friends who, if they had their political way, would probably make life pretty hard for me (if inadvertently), but we can still be friends. The fact that you have these opinions should never prevent me from for instance participating in a groupbuy run by you, or appreciating your AZERTY superiority posts.  :thumb: Ya'll can even continue debating these issues, I just hope it's in a constructive fashion (unlike my debating apparently), if that's what people want, I'm not the god of this thread just because I created it.

How can you like and or be friends with someone who fundamental thinks that you are below/less than them?

Ok, now quote me where I said that.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #101 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 10:34:12 »
Can we just keep this as a thread for support and discussion?   This was made for the LGBTQ+ members to have a space to talk, and for supporters to discuss.  We shouldn't bring discriminatory opinions into this.
IG: https://www.instagram.com/27mechs/                                        Website: http://www.mech27.com/

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #102 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 10:34:16 »
He's asking trenza not you. Maybe you should listen to your own complaint about not reading everything said :p
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #103 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 10:36:30 »
Can we just keep this as a thread for support and discussion?   This was made for the LGBTQ+ members to have a space to talk, and for supporters to discuss.  We shouldn't bring discriminatory opinions into this.

How is the other side not discussion? If you want an echo chamber, tumblr.com is pretty intolerant of opinions that don't fit their narrative.

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #104 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 10:39:22 »

How is the other side not discussion? If you want an echo chamber, tumblr.com is pretty intolerant of opinions that don't fit their narrative.

I'm all for the discussion, I just think we should try to keep the politics out of it.

I agree with people saying pride parades are ridiculous, but I'm not going to air that out, because there's no positive discussion I can see from that.
IG: https://www.instagram.com/27mechs/                                        Website: http://www.mech27.com/

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #105 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 10:45:13 »

I'm all for the discussion, I just think we should try to keep the politics out of it.

I agree with people saying pride parades are ridiculous, but I'm not going to air that out, because there's no positive discussion I can see from that.
But that's part of it. Leaving it out cripples the discussion. Also, nobody here has been disrespectful towards other members.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #106 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 10:46:14 »
Ok, so, when I said in the OP that I was interested what responses I'd get, positive or negative, that wasn't supposed to be an invitation for everyone to air exactly what their opinion is on queer people. The support is nice for obvious reasons, but this thread really wasn't intended as a place for people to tell us all their problems with pride marches and gay marriage. This is one of the problems that I was talking about in the OP, is that on many online forums as soon as people find out you're queer, they have to turn it into a political debate about "queerness" as a whole. I suppose more what I had in mind was a place for queer people on GH to make themselves known, and for everyone else to recognize that about them, and accept that individual person, regardless of how they feel about the overall political ideas. For those of you that would say this is unnecessary, maybe it is, and you are in no way obligated to come onto this thread if you don't want to see the content. Anyways, I would just appreciate if people could approach this with more of an open-minded, inquisitive attitude, rather than one of just "I want to make sure everyone knows that I don't like the gays" (btw I DON'T think anyone on this thread is saying that).
On that note, I'd like to apologize profusely to azhder for my sarcastic response, it was exactly the opposite of what I'm now saying, I should have approached that in a much more open-minded manner. I'll leave that post intact as an example of what should NOT happen here.

Did you tell them that you didn't think they should be allowed to adopt children?

I explained my opinion and discussed it with them some couples agreed some didn't, trust it or not, not 100% of this community wants marriage or adoption.
People can be friends even if their opinions differ, actually it helps to review your opinions once in a while with people that have a different perspective than you.

le irony
Though there is a difference between having a different of opinion and literally thinking your genetically(for want of a better word) superior..

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #107 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 10:47:04 »
le irony
Though there is a difference between having a different of opinion and literally thinking your genetically(for want of a better word) superior..

I am better than all of you.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #108 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 10:48:49 »

le irony

How can you like and or be friends with someone who fundamental thinks that you are below/less than them?

Ok, now quote me where I said that.

Azerty Propagandiste

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #109 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 10:50:47 »
le irony

I am better than all of you.

Being a raider fan takes you down a peg

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #110 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 10:51:09 »
I don't get it?
I wasn't repling to you, this is a forum when replying to someone you quote them, sometimes when you do that it includes a quote from another person that they where replying to. This is how forums work, this is how forums have always worked and how geekhack has always worked.

The question dosnt even make sense to be addressed to you...

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #111 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 10:53:55 »

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #112 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 10:54:45 »

I mean you should ask azhdar, he's but a lowly azerty infidel, while I am an enlightened member of the Dvorak ruling class, so who's really fundamentally inferior in this situation?
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #113 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 10:57:51 »

Show Image

That kid is European! HE KNOWS NOTHING

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #114 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 10:59:25 »

I mean you should ask azhdar, he's but a lowly azerty infidel, while I am an enlightened member of the Dvorak ruling class, so who's really fundamentally inferior in this situation?

Sorry but I seriously can't considered having a discussion with someone with a different usage of layout than mine.
Also I'm sure you eat your steak medium rare? I can only discuss with people that eat them "blue".
Your opinions are so below mine.

/sarcasm (for the people that won't get it ...)
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #115 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 11:00:32 »
What are you talking about?
You said (or aluded to the fact that) you have friends who are anti gay freedoms (about making your life difficult), thus they think you are inferior to themselfs. They consider you to be less of a person than they are, if they didn't they would be pro gay freedoms because logically there is no difference between gay and straight people, we are all just people.

So I was asking how you could possibly be friends with people like that?

It makes no sense for me to ask azhdar because he has no knowledge/experiance of being in a minority

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #116 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 11:00:58 »

Also I'm sure you eat your steak medium rare?
Vegetarian
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #117 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 11:01:31 »

But that's part of it. Leaving it out cripples the discussion. Also, nobody here has been disrespectful towards other members.

That's true.  Discuss away friends!

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #118 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 11:06:01 »

Oh, now Europeans are STUPID?!?! WHAT DO YOU KNOW 49ERS FAN?? I'm pretty sure there is TV and Internet in Euro-land, mmmkay?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #119 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 11:07:15 »

Oh, now Europeans are STUPID?!?! WHAT DO YOU KNOW 49ERS FAN?? I'm pretty sure there is TV and Internet in Euro-land, mmmkay?
Yes they are. God damn commies

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #120 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 11:07:51 »

Finally, we agree.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #121 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 11:08:04 »
Nah Internet and TV arnt allowed in Euroland

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #122 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 11:11:48 »

Finally, we agree.

Euro bashing keeps communities together.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #123 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 11:13:11 »

Finally, we agree.

lol, yes.

Mexico > EU

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #124 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 11:16:24 »
Mexico is like Spain 2.0 and the USA is like a better version of the rest of Europe. Even has its own London and Paris

Offline iri

« Reply #125 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 11:17:02 »

Finally, we agree.

lol, yes.

Mexico > EU
nah mate, it's Mexico > USA. Something with the unsecured border I guess.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #126 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 11:24:07 »

Finally, we agree.

lol, yes.

Mexico > EU

Last I checked I lived in the U.S. and not Mexico. So you can bash Mexico all you want.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #127 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 11:25:20 »
Last I checked I lived in the U.S. and not Mexico. So you can bash Mexico all you want.

L.A. is Mexico v. 2.0

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #128 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 11:33:16 »
Mexico is like Spain 2.0 and the USA is like a better version of the rest of Europe. Even has its own London and Paris

Dude, we've got everything.  I grew up near Berlin, I just drove past Luxembourg the other day, and I live ten miles from Freedom.  :cool:

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #129 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 11:40:21 »

L.A. is Mexico v. 2.0

Not if these white hipsters have anything to say

Offline kishy

• Eye Bee M
    • http://kishy.ca/
« Reply #130 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 11:40:30 »
I am a male (by physical sex as well as logical gender) who is in a committed relationship with a male (again in both sex and gender). I have a traditionally masculine personality and "boy hobbies" (working on my cars and so on). I find myself excluded from conventional definitions of orientations, so I try to stay away from those labels.

Simply, I'm inclined to believe (though I recognize that I can't speak for everyone) that perhaps anyone of any sex and gender can have any type of emotion towards anyone else of any sex and gender, and the preference of what physical parts to play with and what physical acts to do is just that...preference...(yes, that is a "gay man" telling you that he feels it "is a choice"...but only in part)

As for pride events, I recognize their significance but I do believe they hurt the cause of seeking inclusion and acceptance. I am opposed to public displays of affection (by anyone of any sex or gender towards anyone), not because it bothers me but because I believe it just doesn't belong in the public realm. As you might imagine I am therefore rather opposed to the typical format of a pride parade, at least in a larger city - the nudity and sexuality goes counter to the goal of being acknowledged as functional, non-sex-crazed members of society who are in no meaningful way different from anyone else...

Edited to address rantishness.
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 August 2015, 12:18:08 by kishy »
Enthusiast of springs which buckle noisily: my keyboards
Want to learn about the Kishsaver?
kishy.ca

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #131 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 11:47:47 »

L.A. is Mexico v. 2.0

Not if these white hipsters have anything to say

Racist!!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #132 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 11:56:14 »

Dude, we've got everything.  I grew up near Berlin, I just drove past Luxembourg the other day, and I live ten miles from Freedom.  :cool:

God damnit

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #133 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 11:58:07 »
*: don't get me started on Special Snowflake syndrome which is running rampant among people of my age and younger which has no connection to sex, gender or orientation...we have a lot of people in this generation who feel they need to be different to matter in life which I think is not a good sign of what's coming when this generation runs the world.
dude but I'm an self-diagnosed autistic dragonkin, why can't you understand that?
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline kishy

• Eye Bee M
« Reply #134 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 12:18:50 »
dude but I'm an self-diagnosed autistic dragonkin, why can't you understand that?

All of the sighs.
kishy.ca

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #135 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 12:24:00 »
I am a male (by physical sex as well as logical gender) who is in a committed relationship with a male (again in both sex and gender). I have a traditionally masculine personality and "boy hobbies" (working on my cars and so on). I find myself excluded from conventional definitions of orientations, so I try to stay away from those labels.

Simply, I'm inclined to believe (though I recognize that I can't speak for everyone) that perhaps anyone of any sex and gender can have any type of emotion towards anyone else of any sex and gender, and the preference of what physical parts to play with and what physical acts to do is just that...preference...(yes, that is a "gay man" telling you that he feels it "is a choice"...but only in part)

As for pride events, I recognize their significance but I do believe they hurt the cause of seeking inclusion and acceptance.
Kishy I think you just nailed how I also feel and put my thoughts down better, its easier to say I'm gay than just I happen to prefer men a lot lot more than women, as I never liked the label of being "gay" as it almost always has a negative connotation, also super super agree with you on the whole pride thing I don't see the point as I would just rather people be accepting which luckly I have had a awesome upbringing, but no I super think you took my feelings on this and wrote them down well good work buddie :)
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #136 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 12:27:48 »

As for pride events, I recognize their significance but I do believe they hurt the cause of seeking inclusion and acceptance.
Kishy I think you just nailed how I also feel and put my thoughts down better, its easier to say I'm gay than just I happen to prefer men a lot lot more than women, as I never liked the label of being "gay" as it almost always has a negative connotation, also super super agree with you on the whole pride thing I don't see the point as I would just rather people be accepting which luckly I have had a awesome upbringing, but no I super think you took my feelings on this and wrote them down well good work buddie :)

I might be misinterpreting, but the whole "I prefer men" thing seems pretty easy for me to understand.  I feel like I can agree that labeling as 'gay' would be too narrow of a scope in that case, so the logical thing to do would be to explain the male preference, as you've done.  Maybe this isn't my place to ask, but does that typically not go well, hence the aversion to the topic/definition in general?

Offline iri

« Reply #137 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 12:30:20 »
i am nonbinary wolfkin in both sex and gender.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline kishy

• Eye Bee M
« Reply #138 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 12:46:26 »
Cheers, Fire Brand

I might be misinterpreting, but the whole "I prefer men" thing seems pretty easy for me to understand.  I feel like I can agree that labeling as 'gay' would be too narrow of a scope in that case, so the logical thing to do would be to explain the male preference, as you've done.  Maybe this isn't my place to ask, but does that typically not go well, hence the aversion to the topic/definition in general?

Well, that would be the logical approach. The problem is that the word 'preference' implies choice and there are a lot of very angry "militant gays" (as some would call them) that have a big issue with so much as hinting at the thought that choice is involved in the matter.

It's nature/nurture, an argument as old as any other...many people are insistent that they're born gay. I think they're(/we're, I'm) just open minded enough to accept the possibility and pursue the option due to general interest. They end up liking it (physical sensations which objectively feel good, and then the parts of the experience that they subjectively like such as the overall concept of what they're doing) and conclude that because they like it more, it must be how they are. Why is this necessary? Why can't one just acknowledge that they are open to and enjoy something without needing to completely dedicate themselves to the label (and often associated stereotypes as well)?

I can't speak for everyone, but I do know a bunch of "straight" guys who feel the above applies to them. They've done both, they prefer women. They choose to be straight.

(consider that biologically, everyone is "straight enough" to procreate - otherwise, one is not fulfilling a reason for existing...this isn't a bad thing, and isn't meant to offend...one isn't a failure for not procreating...we assign higher-level meanings to our existence via our society)

This issue is rather complex because of how firmly attached people are to labels. A big part of the fight for marriage equality is statements that people are born gay and it's not able to be changed. I agree, it can't be changed because it doesn't exist - we're people, we like certain physical sensations and some of us form relationships with the same gender...I don't really understand the need for labeling this behaviour to recognize it as being different at all.
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 August 2015, 14:06:52 by kishy »
kishy.ca

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #139 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 12:53:09 »
I'm mexikin

Huehuehue

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #140 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 14:27:07 »
More

I know in Texas that doesn't go over well, nor does it go over well in areas heavily populated with members of traditional or conservative sects of Abrahamic religions.  While I'm straight, people constantly thought I was gay in undergrad.  It made things interesting at times.  The discussion of gender and sexuality was always tough there though since they tended to view gender in traditional gender roles (dress this way, act this way, like these things) and sexuality as binary as opposed to the spectrum or range that's been acknowledged by scholars subsequent to Kinsey. 

I also know that, at least in Texas and conservative Orange County, if you talk about preference, they decide to make it all about choice.  They'll make the argument that it's a conscious choice and that if you choose to be gay then you can choose to "do the moral thing" and be straight.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #141 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 14:54:47 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 August 2015, 14:59:05 by esoomenona »

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #142 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 14:57:32 »
I once had someone explain to me the whole far right argument about choosing to be gay as this:

To them, it absolutely is a choice, and there is no denying that. The reason this must be accepted as fact is because there are people who wake up everyday and make the "choice" to be straight, going against what their true nature intends them to be. They struggle everyday to make this choice, to be what they deem morally right. Therefore to them, there are people who are making the choice to be gay.

Personally I think that for some people there is no choice in the matter. They are attracted to same sex, or feel the were born the wrong gender and that is just fact. Same for some straight people, you just like who you like and that is how it is. For other people it can be more ambiguous than that. They may not discriminate with gender, and perhaps for some of those it is because they have no sexual interest at all, but instead are more into the emotional compatibility. People can be attracted to others for all kind of different reasons and in all different ways.

What it comes down to for me, is that people should be allowed to be who they are without fear of discrimination. I have to believe that one of the worst ways to live is pretending to be something you are not, because of fear of acceptance or personal safety.  Often the ones who so staunchly profess "it is a choice, and you are choosing wrong" is because they struggle so hard to "choose right" and that must be an awful existence.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #143 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 14:59:45 »
I don't agree with everything said here (and I don't expect to), but this is EXACTLY the kind of discussion I was hoping might happen on this thread. Definitely an interesting read.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #144 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 15:00:04 »
More

While I'm straight, people constantly thought I was gay in undergrad.  It made things interesting at times.

Fwiw I still think you're gay.

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #145 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 15:11:21 »
demik really just hopes you're gay nubbs. It would crush him to think that he has no chance with you.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #146 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 15:21:24 »
demik really just hopes you're gay nubbs. It would crush him to think that he has no chance with you.

Whoa whoa. I'm spoken for by bee.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #147 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 15:22:35 »
What it comes down to for me, is that people should be allowed to be who they are without fear of discrimination. I have to believe that one of the worst ways to live is pretending to be something you are not, because of fear of acceptance or personal safety.  Often the ones who so staunchly profess "it is a choice, and you are choosing wrong" is because they struggle so hard to "choose right" and that must be an awful existence.

I agree with two exceptions.  First is "kin" people.  I work with people with schizophrenia and most of the tumblr-esque "kinfolk" I've heard sound like schizophrenics.  If you want to dress up as a cat and **** someone's brains out while meowing, that's your thing.  I don't get it, but whatever.  Just don't go around telling me you're dolphin kin stuck in a person's buddy and you have conversations with dolphins in your headspace.

The second exception is people who engage in sex with persons or things that do not have capacity or ability to consent.  If you're attracted to children or animals or even bridges, that's fine.  Acting on it is not, be it through direct action it consumption.

Mainly it's because I keep turning him down for a beehatch threesome.  He just can't understand how I could be monogamous.
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 August 2015, 15:34:50 by nubbinator »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #148 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 15:26:24 »

I agree with two exceptions.  First is "kin" people.  I work with people with schizophrenia and most of the tumblr-esque "kinfolk" I've heard sound like schizophrenics.  If you want to dress up as a vast abd **** someone's brains out while meowing, that's your thing.  I don't get it, but whatever.  Just don't go around telling me you're dolphin kin stuck in a person's buddy and you have conversations with dolphins in your headspace.

TIL that's a thing.

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #149 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 15:29:34 »

I agree with two exceptions.  First is "kin" people.  I work with people with schizophrenia and most of the tumblr-esque "kinfolk" I've heard sound like schizophrenics.  If you want to dress up as a vast abd **** someone's brains out while meowing, that's your thing.  I don't get it, but whatever.  Just don't go around telling me you're dolphin kin stuck in a person's buddy and you have conversations with dolphins in your headspace.

The second exception is people who engage in sex with persons or things that do not have capacity or ability to consent.  If you're attracted to children or animals or even bridges, that's fine.  Acting on it is not, be it through direct action it consumption.

Agreed on the limitations...I mean, within reasonable limits. Like, no it is not okay be to attracted to your sister, or whatever, and don't bang dogs cause you think they are hot. That is not okay. Ever. And it is gross (sorry to be judgmental). Kin is a whole different thing that I can't really wrap my brain around. I guess as long as they aren't trying to bang their "kinfolk" then they can do whatever they want. I would agree to lean toward mental disorder rather than anything about gender, or sexual orientation. 

I was speaking more the of the healthy forms of consent that people can give when they are of age and sound mind.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around