Author Topic: Geekhack LGBTQ+ thread  (Read 23000 times)

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
Re: Geekhack LGBTQ+ thread
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 01:24:24 »
LGBTBDSMRTFM
dont ur gay rights movements n stuff look like this where u come from
Show Image

o dip
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline tbc

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 01:32:39 »
LGBTBDSMRTFM
Show Image

all his movements look like that...
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline iri

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 01:39:44 »
LGBTBDSMRTFM
Show Image

more like this

109440-0
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 01:42:38 »
LGBTBDSMRTFM
Show Image

more like this

(Attachment Link)

wow cool
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 01:43:09 »
Spread the love!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 08:34:16 »
LGBTBDSMRTFM
Show Image

more like this

(Attachment Link)

wow cool
That's what happens when you want to be edgy and post some smart ass comment.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 08:52:18 »
LGBTBDSMRTFM
Show Image

more like this

(Attachment Link)

wow cool

i've noticed that iri is rather edgy

if you have not, please take note

iri is edgy

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 08:56:23 »
LGBTBDSMRTFM
Show Image

more like this

(Attachment Link)

wow cool

iri is edgy
I'm not talking about iri

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 08:57:27 »
LGBTBDSMRTFM
Show Image

more like this

(Attachment Link)

wow cool

iri is edgy
I'm not talking about iri

you're certainly right

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 09:10:29 »
What does the q+ stand for?

...but I don't care what people do/love whatever, though the people I have the biggest issues with tend to be straight...

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #60 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 09:12:34 »
What does the q+ stand for?

...but I don't care what people do/love whatever, though the people I have the biggest issues with tend to be straight...

i would imagine the q is queer and the + means others that may be covered under this umbrella (such as drag, other nonbinaries besides queer... there's a lot of identities out there :)) )

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 09:19:24 »
I never give a **** about who a person loves, or into, or bangs,... as long as they just being (I mean, act/behave) normal like everybody else

I don't get the "pride" they talk about, honestly why only they have the right to be "proud" if they want to bring equality in? You cant just write "proud to be straight" without getting in any trouble with them and being called sexist.

In other words, yes I get it, you're gay, les, or whatever it is, I just don't have the need to know about it, if you're good to me, you're good, if you're an *******, I don't care what sexuality you are you're still an ******* to me and I hate you.
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 09:20:02 »
Wait, queer and gay are different things? The world is a complicated place...

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #63 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 09:23:09 »
I never give a **** about who a person loves, or into, or bangs,... as long as they just being (I mean, act/behave) normal like everybody else

I don't get the "pride" they talk about, honestly why only they have the right to be "proud" if they want to bring equality in? You cant just write "proud to be straight" without getting in any trouble with them and being called sexist.

In other words, yes I get it, you're gay, les, or whatever it is, I just don't have the need to know about it, if you're good to me, you're good, if you're an *******, I don't care what sexuality you are you're still an ******* to me and I hate you.

siigh

people dont get killed for being straight
theres no such thing as straight bashing
there is no reason to be proud of being straight in virtually all parts of the world because straight IS normal and straight doesn't face discrimination

lots of countries still dont allow gay people to be married
some countries still kill people for being gay
some places it's legal and there are still people who act like *******s
some families disown their children for being gay
some families beat their children for being gay
some families send their children to abusive 'therapy' camps for being gay

this is all happening right now all over the world to real people

but of course it's inconvenient for you to hear about it, that's rough , i know
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 August 2015, 09:25:47 by sth »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #64 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 09:23:45 »

As society becomes more accepting, I agree with you that the 'pride' part makes less sense.  But to consider that for basically forever before now it was a shameful and mocked thing to be gay etc (you could not be 'proud' of it), it makes sense to have that initial push in the acceptance direction be based on pride.  Of course that's my perspective as an outsider, so what do I know.  :P

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 09:25:08 »
double post honk honk

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 09:30:04 »
Gay pride marches are fun though, and one of the very few marches that don't have some nasty adgenda, just asking people to be more open and accepting of others, plus all the cool rainbow **** you can buy ^-^

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 09:34:54 »
Gay pride marches are fun though, and one of the very few marches that don't have some nasty adgenda, just asking people to be more open and accepting of others, plus all the cool rainbow **** you can buy ^-^

Just asking people to be more open by flopping their ****s everywhere.

Wait, queer and gay are different things? The world is a complicated place...

Everybody has to be a unique snowflake now

And this goes for all sexualities.

Idgaf what you like. I don't care to see that **** period. Gay, straight, or whatever new tumblr term you want to use.
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 August 2015, 09:36:41 by demik »

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 09:36:08 »

Just asking people to be more open by flopping their ****s everywhere.

sounds like folsom st fair

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #69 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 09:39:12 »

siigh

there is no reason to be proud of being straight in virtually all parts of the world because straight IS normal and straight doesn't face discrimination

You can't expect everyone to be accepting it yet, gay marriage is very recent, and will take a while to be accepted.

I just can't accept they are using the term "marriage" for the union of two people of the same sex, nor can't I accept they will soon let them adopt kids.

And gay parades aren't helping the gay people, people on those just appears as freaks.

I don't mind what a person does with his personnal life and who he does it with, but It can't be a political thing, and I can't possibly be judged from not accepting it.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #70 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 09:40:41 »

siigh

You can't expect everyone to be accepting it yet, gay marriage is very recent, and will take a while to be accepted.

I just can't accecpt they are using the term "marriage" for the union of two people of the same sex, nor can't I accept they will soon let them adopt kids.

And gay parades aren't helping the gay people, people on those just appears as freaks.

I don't mind what a person does with his personnal life and who he does it with, but It can't be a political thing, and I can't possibly be judged from not accepting it.

hahaha yes you absolutely can be judged, i'm doing it right now watch me go,

judge judge judge

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #71 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 09:41:27 »

siigh

I just can't accept they are using the term "marriage" for the union of two people of the same sex, nor can't I accept they will soon let them adopt kids.

What's your reasoning behind the word marriage (no religion cop out pls) or adoption? I'm interested to read your response.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #72 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 09:42:00 »
if you want to be a traditionalist, marriage is when you contractually sell your daughter in exchange for land, money, political manouver,  or resources

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #73 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 09:44:27 »
I hope I get a marriage is sacred answer or, something to do with them not being able to have children. Those two are my favorite.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #74 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 09:44:35 »
I can't possibly be judged from not accepting it.
Yeah and I just don't think interracial marriage should be allowed, why should I be called racist for thinking that?
/s
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #75 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 09:44:38 »
but this isn't a thread to argue about your prejudices...

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #76 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 09:46:26 »
Wait gay people shouldn't be allowed to adopt?! THIS I GOTTA HEAR

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #77 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 09:47:10 »

siigh

What's your reasoning behind the word marriage (no religion cop out pls) or adoption? I'm interested to read your response.

Marriage has a religious connotation, even if non religious myself, I can't possibly accept they're using this term.

What annoys me, is that there in France there was an civilian union for 2 peoples (same sex or different) with about the same rights that marriage, but the LGBT lobby pushed for the marriage instead of trying to change the things that weren't working on the civilian union they had for a decade.

Adoption is trickier in my mind, while I think 2 loving gay parents is better than a ****ty hetero family, the kid will loose the balance mom/dad that I found very important. I'm not quite sure about adoption yet.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #78 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 09:49:03 »
So do you think single parents should be forced to have there children taken into care due to a lack of mother or father figure?

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #79 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 09:49:48 »
So do you think single parents should be forced to have there children taken into care due to a lack of mother or father figure?

LOGICALLY... YES

huh i guess by that reasoning, i had a bad childhood, and that's why i dont have a problem with non-heterosexual couples adopting

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #80 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 09:51:02 »
I wish people in this thread would read and argue instead of randomly quoting and bashing, I was very clear on adoption.

@trenzafeeds : is this the best you can do?
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #81 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 09:51:48 »
I wish people in this thread would read and argue instead of randomly quoting and bashing.

me too dude

actually wait no i wish homophobes would stay out of a lgbtq+ thread if they dont have anything constructive or positive to say

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #82 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 09:55:41 »

siigh

Marriage has a religious connotation, even if non religious myself, I can't possibly accept they're using this term.

What annoys me, is that there in France there was an civilian union for 2 peoples (same sex or different) with about the same rights that marriage, but the LGBT lobby pushed for the marriage instead of trying to change the things that weren't working on the civilian union they had for a decade.

Adoption is trickier in my mind, while I think 2 loving gay parents is better than a ****ty hetero family, the kid will loose the balance mom/dad that I found very important. I'm not quite sure about adoption yet.

Personally, I'd do away with marriage all together. Religion should have zero to no say in people's rights with the government.

And your adoption point is ridiculous. Plenty of single parents raise children without an issue later in life.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #83 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 09:55:43 »
I wish people in this thread would read and argue instead of randomly quoting and bashing, I was very clear on adoption.

@trenzafeeds : is this the best you can do?

I read your post and I replied to it. I used the logic you applied to your argument (PoV what ever) and applied it to a similar situation to highlight how absurd your logic and argument for/against gay adoption.
if you can no longer support your opinion/argument then your argument is flawed and you either need to accept that and change it, or come up with some better logic and reasoning.

This is a forum mate, if you can chat and debate things in a forum where the **** can you?

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #84 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 09:55:43 »
I don't know about your place but, the LGBT scenario in Vietnam is much more complicated, or worse. Of course those who are gays still have trouble in society nowadays but the situation have turned ridiculous lately. I said ridiculous because I cant even tell it's good or bad for either the LGBT community alone and the society itself. On one hand, the Internet are everywhere these years, and the information turned much easier to get, then the fighting, the "pride" came, the gay here now get the spirit, and they started to have their own voices, and they eventually were heard. On the other hand, gay started to be come a new trend. The number of people who claim to be gay increases crazily till now and haven't shown any sign of stop yet. People who struggled still are struggling with their family, people who are newly gays, are now more easier to go viral, famous, praised as 'cool' and 'brave' live, and brag about it everywhere. And guess what, 4/5 of my friends including myself had ever been sexual harassed by those who claims and acts gay, you still have to pee in the same room with them in the end though.

Eventually it grows an bad affect on how we straight think about it. Like I said on the other post, I couldn't care less about one's personal life, especially one I don't even have any interaction or a random stranger. But social behave is another aspect, I hate those acting ridiculous and stupid, those people just happened to be gay doesn't make me sexist or any thing against them.

On another look of this, Vietnam has a very strong "traditionalism" giving we're very same with the East Asia (yeah we're more close to China than the rest of SEA) culture but still we don't have anything that is in law or officially against gay, we're not illegalizing them nor killing, healing,... That in fact impressed even me when the first gay topic raised, which is kind of good.
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #85 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 09:57:09 »
Also, plenty of churches are okay with gay marriage and are okay with marrying gays. The problem is the bigots have louder voices.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #86 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 10:00:52 »
More

siigh

Personally, I'd do away with marriage all together. Religion should have zero to no say in people's rights with the government.

And your adoption point is ridiculous. Plenty of single parents raise children without an issue later in life.

You're right on both point, thanks for the constructive answer.

Azerty Propagandiste

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #87 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 10:06:03 »
I could never tell when you're being sarcastic or not, but seeing I wasn't being a **** I'm going to go with no on this one.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #88 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 10:08:07 »
I could never tell when you're being sarcastic or not, but seeing I wasn't being a **** I'm going to go with no on this one.

More

siigh

Thanks for your input

I translated it for you bae

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #89 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 10:09:35 »

I wasn't, I'm up for debate, it helps me make up my mind on things.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #90 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 10:09:57 »
Ok, so, when I said in the OP that I was interested what responses I'd get, positive or negative, that wasn't supposed to be an invitation for everyone to air exactly what their opinion is on queer people. The support is nice for obvious reasons, but this thread really wasn't intended as a place for people to tell us all their problems with pride marches and gay marriage. This is one of the problems that I was talking about in the OP, is that on many online forums as soon as people find out you're queer, they have to turn it into a political debate about "queerness" as a whole. I suppose more what I had in mind was a place for queer people on GH to make themselves known, and for everyone else to recognize that about them, and accept that individual person, regardless of how they feel about the overall political ideas. For those of you that would say this is unnecessary, maybe it is, and you are in no way obligated to come onto this thread if you don't want to see the content. Anyways, I would just appreciate if people could approach this with more of an open-minded, inquisitive attitude, rather than one of just "I want to make sure everyone knows that I don't like the gays" (btw I DON'T think anyone on this thread is saying that).
On that note, I'd like to apologize profusely to azhder for my sarcastic response, it was exactly the opposite of what I'm now saying, I should have approached that in a much more open-minded manner. I'll leave that post intact as an example of what should NOT happen here.

TL;DR basically I'm sorry azhder, basically everyone do exactly the opposite of what I'm doing and we'll have a constructive, positive forum.
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 August 2015, 10:15:18 by trenzafeeds »
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline iri

« Reply #91 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 10:10:13 »
Having sth in ignore list makes this forum look like it's a sane, nice and calm place.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #92 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 10:15:51 »
Ok, so, when I said in the OP that I was interested what responses I'd get, positive or negative, that wasn't supposed to be an invitation for everyone to air exactly what their opinion is on queer people. The support is nice for obvious reasons, but this thread really wasn't intended as a place for people to tell us all their problems with pride marches and gay marriage. This is one of the problems that I was talking about in the OP, is that on many online forums as soon as people find out you're queer, they have to turn it into a political debate about "queerness" as a whole. I suppose more what I had in mind was a place for queer people on GH to make themselves known, and for everyone else to recognize that about them, and accept that individual person, regardless of how they feel about the overall political ideas. For those of you that would say this is unnecessary, maybe it is, and you are in no way obligated to come onto this thread if you don't want to see the content. Anyways, I would just appreciate if people could approach this with more of an open-minded, inquisitive attitude, rather than one of just "I want to make sure everyone knows that I don't like the gays" (btw I DON'T think anyone on this thread is saying that).
On that note, I'd like to apologize profusely to azhder for my sarcastic response, it was exactly the opposite of what I'm now saying, I should have approached that in a much more open-minded manner. I'll leave that post intact as an example of what should NOT happen here.

Thanks for this answer, I saw this thread when it opened and didn't want in because of the points your raised.
I'll be out of this thread and will remove my posts if you wish to.

And people can believe it or not I had friends in this communities they never had problems with me.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #93 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 10:16:50 »

Having sth in ignore list makes this forum look like it's a sane, nice and calm place.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #94 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 10:18:27 »

TL;DR basically I'm sorry azhder, basically everyone do exactly the opposite of what I'm doing and we'll have a constructive, positive forum.

I'm sorry but you can't say you want to see what type of responses you get then back out of it when a couple ppl don't say what you want to hear. That's not how the world works.

And welcome to being a minority.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #95 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 10:21:54 »

Thanks for this answer, I saw this thread when it opened and didn't want in because of the points your raised.

And people can believe it or not I had friends in this communities they never had problems with me.

Did you tell them that you didn't think they should be allowed to adopt children?

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #96 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 10:22:46 »

Dude it's totally fine, leave the posts there if you want, I couldn't care less. This is exactly what I'm talking about though, I have plenty of friends who, if they had their political way, would probably make life pretty hard for me (if inadvertently), but we can still be friends. The fact that you have these opinions should never prevent me from for instance participating in a groupbuy run by you, or appreciating your AZERTY superiority posts.  :thumb: Ya'll can even continue debating these issues, I just hope it's in a constructive fashion (unlike my debating apparently), if that's what people want, I'm not the god of this thread just because I created it.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #97 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 10:25:14 »
I'm sorry but you can't say you want to see what type of responses you get then back out of it when a couple ppl don't say what you want to hear. That's not how the world works.

And welcome to being a minority.
When I said responses in the op, I was talking about my earlier inquiry into what experiences people had on different forums, not the kind of stuff I got. But I appreciate your point, as well as the responses I did get.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #98 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 10:25:37 »
I'm gay is the simple answer for me, although I never say the exact words im gay as I never liked the connotation of it :X and I have never been to/ taken part in a pride rally even after being invited many times

Moving on brad Pitt only gets better with age he's like fine wine so all you saying fight club Pitt is better are lying to your selves ^~^
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #99 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 10:28:49 »

Dude it's totally fine, leave the posts there if you want, I couldn't care less. This is exactly what I'm talking about though, I have plenty of friends who, if they had their political way, would probably make life pretty hard for me (if inadvertently), but we can still be friends. The fact that you have these opinions should never prevent me from for instance participating in a groupbuy run by you, or appreciating your AZERTY superiority posts.  :thumb: Ya'll can even continue debating these issues, I just hope it's in a constructive fashion (unlike my debating apparently), if that's what people want, I'm not the god of this thread just because I created it.

How can you like and or be friends with someone who fundamental thinks that you are below/less than them?