Author Topic: If cases for 60% keyboards cost over $100, can't I just buy the Pok3r and tak...  (Read 1865 times)

Offline Vozella

If cases for 60% keyboards cost over $100, can't I just buy the Pok3r and take the case from that? Or is it not a good case?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
I thought that myself some days ago. It seems like a good die casted case, but the milled ones are better, or in the worst case heavier.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
The case for the Pok3r is bad at all and has a nice weight to it, downside though is that any milled case would be a better option.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
My Pok3r case is not bad considering it came with the board. However, the case is VERY roomy compared to other aluminum case options. I think this is because they have very loose tolerances on what is considered an acceptable plate length - mine was quite a bit longer on one side. I question some of the QC they are doing on these...my case has a screw stuck in one of the mounting holes; the screw head was sheared off. It came like that, I didn't break the screw.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
Pok3r case also has a plastic cover between the PCB and the case for insulation since it's cast aluminum.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline Connly33

I really wanted to go with a tex case, but i couldn't put $120 of my budget into the case. So i looked at the pok3r cases, they acctually sell them new on https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1002

But i found someone selling a pok3r case on the mech market subreddit for $40 when i made a post looking for a cheaper option, so i took that offer as fast as i could.

( was just going through this part of the forum for tips on first time builds and didn't realize i was commenting on a nearly dead thread)
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 December 2015, 08:16:45 by Connly33 »

Custom 60% with Cherry MX Clear

Offline Hypersphere

The case on my Pok3r does not sit flat -- it wobbles. However, if you don't mind having a cast aluminum case, you can buy them separately for less than the cost of a CNC aluminum case.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline lolpes

Is it possible to sand the pok3r case and anodise it again with a different color?

Offline VinnyCordeiro

Is it possible to sand the pok3r case and anodise it again with a different color?
I don't know, but I think it isn't desirable because of the way anodization works.