Author Topic: Hi My Name is "HashTagIDontKnow" and I'm Addicted to Keycaps  (Read 3191 times)

Offline HashTagIDontKnow

Hi My Name is "HashTagIDontKnow" and I'm Addicted to Keycaps
« on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 01:27:32 »
Hello everybody!

My name is HashTagIDontKnow and I just recently have plunged into the world of mechanical keyboards. I originally got a 2013 Razer Black Widow when I first started getting into PC gaming. Recently (like 2 days) I acquired what I like to think is my first real mechanical keyboard, a Poker II w/ MX Black switches. What initially peeked my interest in mechanical keyboard were all the cool custom key caps that people would put on their boards to make them their own. Now that I got my Poker II, I am now looking to start making it my own.

Hope to meet some awesome people on here.
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 October 2015, 02:18:15 by HashTagIDontKnow »

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
Re: Hi My Name is "HashTagIDontKnow" and I'm Addicted to Key Caps
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 01:31:04 »
Hihi, don't let the addiction control you :)

Offline raymogi

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 01:32:12 »
Artisan keycaps sucked me into this hobby as well, and let me warn you... there's no turning back.
Please feed my addiction.

Offline HashTagIDontKnow

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 01:57:48 »
Hihi, don't let the addiction control you :)

I think it's already too late.

lol

Right now I'm trying to get my first set of key caps and I'm going just stick with them for a while.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 02:04:15 »
Wellcome to GH bro

Offline HashTagIDontKnow

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 02:07:21 »
Artisan keycaps sucked me into this hobby as well, and let me warn you... there's no turning back.

I think it's too late to turn back now

lol

I've seen some artisans that look really nice, I need to get myself a nice set of keycaps first.

Offline HashTagIDontKnow

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
Re: Hi My Name is "HashTagIDontKnow" and I'm Addicted to Keycaps
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 06:49:16 »
Welcome fellow addict. I also could not control myself. It went from wanting a new mechanical keyboard with different switches to buying separate cases, keycap sets, individual keycaps, artisans, USB cables, etc. :3

Your idea of getting one set of keycaps and sticking to them for a while is a smart one  :thumb:
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 12:20:10 »
Hi, HashTagIDontKnow,

I too am addicted to keycaps (specifically artisans).

Offline HashTagIDontKnow

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 00:34:41 »
Welcome fellow addict. I also could not control myself. It went from wanting a new mechanical keyboard with different switches to buying separate cases, keycap sets, individual keycaps, artisans, USB cables, etc. :3

Your idea of getting one set of keycaps and sticking to them for a while is a smart one  :thumb:

Yeah, well I'm going to try. I've see somethings that I really want, but I'm holding myself back for right now.
 ;D

Offline HashTagIDontKnow

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 00:36:51 »
Hi, HashTagIDontKnow,

I too am addicted to keycaps (specifically artisans).

Glad I can see other with these same temptations. lol

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 05:09:40 »
Welcome to Geekhack1

Poker II is a standard layout (more so than the BLackWidow), so you shouldn't have any trouble finding a suitable set.

But once you find out how easy it is to change keycaps, and how great you can make your keyboard look, I suspect it will not be long before you start buying more and more keycap sets ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline HashTagIDontKnow

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 14:29:03 »
Welcome to Geekhack1

Poker II is a standard layout (more so than the BLackWidow), so you shouldn't have any trouble finding a suitable set.

But once you find out how easy it is to change keycaps, and how great you can make your keyboard look, I suspect it will not be long before you start buying more and more keycap sets ;)

Yeah I've been trying to get a custom set through WASD, but I don't know how to edit the .svg file that they want for custom sets.

I'll eventually figure it out, but once I do I really do think I'll just keep buying some pretty looking caps. lol

Offline Pdub

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 22:07:35 »
Welcome!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 23:47:14 »
Welcome to Geekhack1

Yeah I've been trying to get a custom set through WASD, but I don't know how to edit the .svg file that they want for custom sets.

I'll eventually figure it out, but once I do I really do think I'll just keep buying some pretty looking caps. lol

There's a little but of talk here about editing keyboard layout templates.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 19:49:36 »
Hey!

Same boat with the key cap addiction, almost facilitates having more boards.
Methylated Spirits, not even once.

Offline heroinbob

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 22:13:44 »
We really should setup a 12-step keyboard/cap-anon section.

Many of us need help  ;D

Welcome to the forum.

Paul (HB)

Offline HashTagIDontKnow

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 15:16:22 »
We really should setup a 12-step keyboard/cap-anon section.

Many of us need help  ;D

Welcome to the forum.

Paul (HB)

lol

Thanks

Offline HashTagIDontKnow

« Reply #18 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 15:17:27 »
Welcome to Geekhack1

There's a little but of talk here about editing keyboard layout templates.

Thanks. I'll look at it when I get a chance.

Offline ripwallet

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 15:31:43 »
Welcome prepare your wallet :p

Offline crayzieap

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 16:59:24 »
RIP Wallet.... I know cause I have the same issue.