Author Topic: Hyperfuse resales  (Read 5957 times)

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
Hyperfuse resales
« on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 20:02:27 »
Normally I would have posted about this on what's bothering you, but such is life, and I can't. That's why this might seem like it doesn't deserve it's own thread.

Is anyone else annoyed by the couple of hyperfuse sets that have recently popped up on /r/mechmarket for like a little bit more than what Binge charged, conveniently right after Binge shipped most of the orders? I think what Binge did was really cool for the community, making sure some more people got to experience the sets, and it sucks to see people just immediately reselling it at a higher price.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline thatsmrdoctortoyou

• Dingo babies
    • IG
Re: Hyperfuse resales
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 20:11:37 »
That's lame if that is truly what they're doing.

Offline Hexterdude

• I have a problem when it come to artisans
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 20:13:08 »
I feel like theres not much we can do about it, we can condone them for their actions and such but what there doing isn't ban worthy. It is however kinda dissapointing

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 20:23:27 »
The last set out there was $175 shipped. Not making any money on them at that price. Maybe if they're part of the original buy from Bunny. I'm sure there were others that went for more, but that's the last one I saw.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 20:28:31 »
If anyone is selling theirs this early, I can't imagine it is for any reason other than to profit.  The color way has been made several times already.  It's not like someone can say, "I didn't know if I would like it or not."  OTOH, they are free to sell their sets for whatever they feel they can get for them.  It just irks me a little that they got their sell, just to sell it, and I'm still waiting for my two, that I actually plan to put to use.  Sigh.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 20:30:37 »
If anyone is selling theirs this early, I can't imagine it is for any reason other than to profit.  The color way has been made several times already.  It's not like someone can say, "I didn't know if I would like it or not."  OTOH, they are free to sell their sets for whatever they feel they can get for them.  It just irks me a little that they got their sell, just to sell it, and I'm still waiting for my two, that I actually plan to put to use.  Sigh.

While it's been made before, these sets and the colors certainly look different than previous runs
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Sinanju

• Dustoff
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 20:31:18 »
Is anyone else annoyed by the couple of hyperfuse sets that have recently popped up on /r/mechmarket for like a little bit more than what Binge charged, conveniently right after Binge shipped most of the orders?

Binge's Price: "A) Final price is $165 + 2.50 shipping (flat rate) for domestic orders."

I searched for "hyperfuse" on reddit and latest one sold for:
/r/MechMarket - $175 Shipped.  What exactly is wrong with that price?  The seller obviously is just trying to get their money back by having the buyer pay the $167.50 + shipping. 

Not annoyed. Its theirs. Maybe they didn't like it? Maybe they need money? Etc.  Don't think that many people would use $167.50 just to make a couple of dollars in profit.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 20:32:05 »
The last set out there was $175 shipped. Not making any money on them at that price. Maybe if they're part of the original buy from Bunny. I'm sure there were others that went for more, but that's the last one I saw.
Yeah I saw that one too. nbd.

If anyone is selling theirs this early, I can't imagine it is for any reason other than to profit.  The color way has been made several times already.  It's not like someone can say, "I didn't know if I would like it or not."  OTOH, they are free to sell their sets for whatever they feel they can get for them.  It just irks me a little that they got their sell, just to sell it, and I'm still waiting for my two, that I actually plan to put to use. Sigh.

I mean I agree, they can do whatever the **** they want, I don't actually care that much. It just feels like Binge was doing this to try and make the set more accessible, and these people are only promoting higher prices which is making it less so.

demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 20:32:11 »

While it's been made before, these sets and the colors certainly look different than previous runs

Really?  From pictures I've seen they look very similar.  Though I admit discerning color is not my forte (hence the reason I often shoot photos in B&W).
I'm back.

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 20:33:02 »
Is anyone else annoyed by the couple of hyperfuse sets that have recently popped up on /r/mechmarket for like a little bit more than what Binge charged, conveniently right after Binge shipped most of the orders? I think what Binge did was really cool for the community, making sure some more people got to experience the sets, and it sucks to see people just immediately reselling it at a higher price.

If the sets in question were purchased from Binge at $160, reselling them for $175 is perfectly reasonable to recoup the original cost, PayPal fees, and shipping.

That being said, I do not, have not, and will never be bothered by anyone who charges what they feel the market will bear for their personal property. It is far more bothersome to me that others are seemingly making it their business. It's not, and if you find yourself getting bothered by it, step away from your computer and do something else.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 20:36:05 »
That being said, I do not, have not, and will never be bothered by anyone who charges what they feel the market will bear for their personal property. It is far more bothersome to me that others are seemingly making it their business. It's not, and if you find yourself getting bothered by it, step away from your computer and do something else.

Whoa, ok, sorry to offend you. I had no idea this could possibly irk someone so much, I'm just expressing a passing feeling I had.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 20:38:54 »

If the sets in question were purchased from Binge at $160, reselling them for $175 is perfectly reasonable to recoup the original cost, PayPal fees, and shipping.

That's a little harsh bro.  Maybe someone else needs to "step away from your computer and do something else"?
I'm back.

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 20:45:46 »
I mean I agree, they can do whatever the **** they want, I don't actually care that much. It just feels like Binge was doing this to try and make the set more accessible, and these people are only promoting higher prices which is making it less so.

I mean, the sets are still going to people right? I don't see why people aren't allowed to change their minds and let someone else have it, instead of hording a set they aren't gonna use.

Offline jbondeson

Hyperfuse resales
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 20:47:05 »
I don't think there's really anything wrong with it. It's the exact same mechanism that allowed Binge and other vendors to make it not a complete waste of time.

We aren't talking some kind of artisan hyper-inflation of a fixed supply product.  Anyone was welcome in the initial buy, so it was a gamble (see: TA).

Edit: to distill the thought why are you ok with vendors making a "profit"* but not others?

* Binge sorted and packaged so in reality he probably invested much more than he got back out.
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 November 2015, 20:51:28 by jbondeson »

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 20:52:14 »
Maybe I should clarify. I'm not talking about people selling hyperfuse for $10 over what Binge did because they want to make back their money, and I'm not talking about whatever recent $175 one everyone seems to be obsessed with. I've seen a couple (and maybe I'm wrong when I say mechmarket, might have been somewhere else) that are at least $30-$40 over Binge's price, popping up right after a bunch of people received their Binge set. Imo that's a definite mark up.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline Geroximo

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 20:54:32 »
I don't care about the resell.

What bothers me is that these guys get their hands on the set before me ... I ordered in February.

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 20:55:53 »

What bothers me is that these guys get their hands on the set before me ... I ordered in February.

I wish I had the money to pick up one of the wets that's for sale, but alas money is always tight when hyperfuse is aroubd

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 21:33:42 »
Can't say this bothers me. But neither does the fact that others are bothered by it.

At the end of the day, the buyer owns the caps and they can do what they want with them. Selling one extra set at $200 versus selling it at $165, doesn't affect the accessibility of Hyperfuse one way or the other. In fact, if they bought an extra set during the GB ordering phase with the intent to resell at a profit, that's one more set of Hyperfuse that wouldn't have otherwise existed.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline malaik0

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 05:04:56 »
this resell could be positive and may allow the purchase of set by some Europeans or others :rolleyes:...remember that Binge sell was "exclusive" to CONUS...and these values are lower than hiring a proxy to provide the buy.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 05:38:21 »
this resell could be positive and may allow the purchase of set by some Europeans or others :rolleyes:...remember that Binge sell was "exclusive" to CONUS...and these values are lower than hiring a proxy to provide the buy.

That's actually a really good point, I hadn't thought of that. Thanks for pointing it out.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline osi

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 06:35:50 »
This doesn't bother me

Offline Infrared

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 07:31:42 »
Well there is a demand for them so why not resell them to try and make some profit. I mean the caps are their's so I don't see why it angers people. If I find a good price on reddit I'll for sure be picking a set up
White Fc660c

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 08:05:10 »

omniclectic@gmail.com if you need me!

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 08:08:31 »

Really?  From pictures I've seen they look very similar.  Though I admit discerning color is not my forte (hence the reason I often shoot photos in B&W).

The base mod colour is especially off from the original and the mock up they gave for the group buy wasn't accurate by any means either.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 08:09:17 »
And dude, a few dollars is nothibg. Now if they were selling for like $100 more then that's clearly just trying to gouge oeople

Offline drewba

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 11:20:08 »
And dude, a few dollars is nothing. Now if they were selling for like $100 more then that's clearly just trying to gouge people

I agree with this. Price gougers can go fly a kite, but I think it's fair for a seller to charge a premium for something they invested in nearly 9 months ago that won't be made again. I'm not going to judge anyone that bought Hyperfuse with the intent to resell because at the end of the day they helped meet the Hyperfuse MOQ (IIRC a bunch of people in the Hyperfuse group buy thread discussed reselling and there weren't any objections). The market will decide if Hyperfuse can be resold at a premium.

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 11:28:42 »
People buy extras all of the time for the purpose of reselling. It's good for meeting MOQ and the seller has the right to add a small premium for a hard-to-get set (not gouging though of course). Buying extras for resale was even tossed around as a good thing by established members not too long ago, https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=68798.0, suggesting even a 30% markup, as long as reselling generally funded more community participation.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 11:41:07 »
People buy extras all of the time for the purpose of reselling. It's good for meeting MOQ and the seller has the right to add a small premium for a hard-to-get set (not gouging though of course). Buying extras for resale was even tossed around as a good thing by established members not too long ago, https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=68798.0, suggesting even a 30% markup, as long as reselling generally funded more community participation.

Did you read my post?
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 12:26:29 »
Normally I would have posted about this on what's bothering you, but such is life, and I can't. That's why this might seem like it doesn't deserve it's own thread.

Did you read my post?

Your original one? Yes, that's what I am replying to. In short, no, I'm not annoyed by the couple of hyperfuse sets that have recently popped up on /r/mechmarket  for like a little bit more than what Binge charged. As I said, it's a common thing to do and somewhat condoned, so why would it be annoying?.  If you were passively suggesting a different post, then please do point it out.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 12:29:12 »
Your original one? Yes, that's what I am replying to. In short, no, I'm not annoyed by the couple of hyperfuse sets that have recently popped up on /r/mechmarket  for like a little bit more than what Binge charged. As I said, it's a common thing to do and somewhat condoned, so why would it be annoying?.  If you were passively suggesting a different post, then please do point it out.

Well perhaps you just miss-understood it. I'm not talking about people buying extras to tip moq then reselling them. That's what Binge did, and as I said, I think that's amazing. I'm also not talking about the ONE goddamn keyboard that was sold for $15 more that everyone seems to think I am. Just to be clear, I'm not saying you have to agree with me by an means, I'm just trying to make my point a little more clear.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 12:36:53 »
Ok, gotcha, we're on the same page then. :) Were you able to dig up links to those listings?

Offline drewba

« Reply #31 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 12:56:11 »

Well perhaps you just miss-understood it. I'm not talking about people buying extras to tip moq then reselling them. That's what Binge did, and as I said, I think that's amazing. I'm also not talking about the ONE goddamn keyboard that was sold for $15 more that everyone seems to think I am. Just to be clear, I'm not saying you have to agree with me by an means, I'm just trying to make my point a little more clear.

Ohhh you're saying people purchased a set off Binge then are reselling that set at a higher price? If that's what you're getting at I didn't gather that from your original post. For what it's worth, I could only find 2 Hyperfuse sets for sale on mechmarket in the past month, one is listed for $175, the other has the price removed. I'm just surprised someone would take the effort to do that and only make 10 bucks. 

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #32 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 12:57:57 »
Ok, gotcha, we're on the same page then. :) Were you able to dig up links to those listings?
As I said previously, after searching mechmarket I believe I was mistaken saying they were on there. Might have been eBay? I can do some digging if you'd like.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline drewba

« Reply #33 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 13:12:44 »
As I said previously, after searching mechmarket I believe I was mistaken saying they were on there. Might have been eBay? I can do some digging if you'd like.
Nah don't worry about it. Hopefully it's isolated and not too many people are trying to take advantage of Binge's hospitality.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 13:27:14 »

Can't speak for anyone else but as a relative newbie I've not seen either previous Hyperfuse set (other than in pics) and I've never tried Cherry profile.  If I hate the profile when my set arrives it will be up for sale pretty damn quick even if I love the colours, along with a few matching artisans...

As to the original question, yes it bothers me.  It shouldn't as it's theirs to do with as they please but taking advantage of young newbies (not meaning to stereotype but these are the most enthusiastic/least patient group) just isn't a nice thing to do.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #35 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 13:38:21 »
I've never tried Cherry profile.

Don't be too worried, I think you'll like it  :thumb:
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #36 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 13:54:33 »

Show Image

Me too....me too.  :'(

At least I'm not alone.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #37 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 14:04:07 »
I'll make sure to sell mine at a proper inflation just to annoy you.  ;)

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #38 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 18:13:39 »
There was a hyperfuse set that recently went on eBay for a ridiculous amount.

IIRC the price, but it was a HUGE markup.
Such artisan, many caps, very keyboard.

Always searching for Bro caps! 

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 01:48:03 »
I'll make sure to sell mine at a proper inflation just to annoy you.  ;)

I know I can always count on you bee
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline WolfTickets

« Reply #40 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 05:59:59 »
I'm pretty sure the sets were up on Binge's site for almost a week after they were listed.  I don't see what the issue is at all.

Offline gabba-gool

« Reply #41 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 10:04:54 »
 I feel like with a little patience you can find a lot of sets you want at market value + shipping. Someone uses a set and decides it's not their jam.

So maybe blame the buyer too.