Author Topic: JTK Sophomore GB - 100% shipped - Form in OP for any missing or damaged keys  (Read 1365029 times)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
Re: JTK Sophomore GB - buy period over
« Reply #750 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 20:54:35 »
I have absolutely no idea where to find my order on the ctrlalt store but I'm pretty sure I got in on the red and white one...
Login, click name, orders, bam.

Looks like I didn't order this! There I was worried about updates  :))
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Tobi45

« Reply #751 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 21:22:59 »
The problem aren't even the delays itself. **** happens and if the end-product is fine I really don't care.
But what's happening here is 100% bonkers.
One week it's
ill have full pics of the finished sets in im told less than 2 weeks as they are being packed
One week later it's
Last I spoke with jtk was I'd guess a week ago and he told me in a couple weeks we would have pics of the actual sets
And all that while two months ago we got told that
this weekend I'll catch up with him properly, what I do know is they haven't left him yet but things were exceptionally close to being wrapped up, there were just some row 2 keys being rerun under quality control, sliders are currently being sorted whilst that happens
Oh and seven months ago we were nearly there as well?
with regards to people with orders in this buy, we are nearly there,

Now I don't want Bunny to sit in this thread 24/7 or make JTKs life a living hell, especially since (may be wrong, it has been some time now) she/he got a child around and that's much, much more important than my keycaps. But could you please, PLEASE push for some pictures of OUR keycaps, not some differently colored ones, but the ones we paid for in advance.

I don't know what's going on, but to be brutally honest, I fear that my money is gone for good (and I don't want to insult Bunny here, as I'm more afraid that JTK just doesn't deliver). What's going on here is mad sketchy, one delay after another and the reasons are freaking bonkers. We have been promised pictures of the sets SEVERAL times now from JTK and they/he/she never delivered. Not even a ****ty K800i shot of a box full with random keys (in the colors ordered), as it seems the only thing missing is sorting currently. It hasn't been a problem before with the red on black sets (whyever they didn't just send a pic of the ordered colors) and the pics to demonstrate the changes they did to row 2 (which weren't in the colors ordered either) , has it?
And to be quite frank with you, I'm starting to believe that that's because our sets were never produced in the first place.

Now before some smart guy tells me that JTK actually talks more to their clients than any other manufacturer:
That might be true, but they have to. They are new in the business, have no reputation (to lose) and I'm pretty sure none of us, except for maybe the people at CTRLALT, even know their legal information either.
GMK and SP don't have to show me pictures of the keysets when there are delays because I know they won't run away with my money.

Really, just a picture of a mountain of keycaps in the colors we ordered would be enough to take people off the edge, but somehow it isn't happening, although they have been promised multiple times now.

And to end my post, I'd like to make clear that I'm not mad at/blaming bunny/ctrlalt. But I know for sure that I'll think twice before entering a JTK groupbuy again in the future. I'll much rather just resort to buying them from resellers later.
And to be perfectly clear, that resentment doesn't apply to ctrlalt at all. I highly value what you're doing to support all of your customers on the different drops.

__
Why did I post this? I just want to express that while I don't support refund claims, I can understand where they're coming from. I for one wouldn't want to sell my place in this GB, as either the sets get delivered (and I still want the sets), or they don't and I don't want somebody else to pay for an undelivered product. The only other way is to claim a refund, in which case ctrlalt would be the big looser if JTK actually doesn't deliver, which I don't want either.
JTK has to get their act together, it's not like taking a few pictures is an impossible request after more than half a year of waiting, of delays.

I'll end it here, as I've written way too much. I hope my reasoning doesn't anger anyone as that wasn't my intention.
Whoever actually read all of this, have a good morning/night :)
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 September 2016, 21:24:37 by Tobi45 »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #752 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 00:09:19 »
I don't know what's going on, but to be brutally honest, I fear that my money is gone for good (and I don't want to insult Bunny here, as I'm more afraid that JTK just doesn't deliver). What's going on here is mad sketchy, one delay after another and the reasons are freaking bonkers. We have been promised pictures of the sets SEVERAL times now from JTK and they/he/she never delivered. Not even a ****ty K800i shot of a box full with random keys (in the colors ordered), as it seems the only thing missing is sorting currently. It hasn't been a problem before with the red on black sets (whyever they didn't just send a pic of the ordered colors) and the pics to demonstrate the changes they did to row 2 (which weren't in the colors ordered either) , has it?
And to be quite frank with you, I'm starting to believe that that's because our sets were never produced in the first place.

Totally understandable this sounds all to familiar like with IvanIvanovich's Scam Group Buy here.  Not saying Bunny is going down that same track but it looks remarkably quite parallel to Ivan's  :-[ .

The promises and all too recognized failed delivery, seems like repeating yet again.  Although with Ivan's Group Buy, absolutely NO posting from him other than getting sketchy reports from his so-called friends that he's sick or whatever.  Amazing how they get others to stand up for them yet totally disappeared with everyone's money and produced nothing but heart ache and distrust within this forum.

Not ditching Bunny here because I have been the one shouting since the beginning for everyone to keep calm but I did that same stupid thing here, like with Ivan's Group Buy and you all know what happened there......

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #753 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 00:44:14 »
hey guys

firstly i would like to say i have known jtk for 4-5 years, and before he started jtk he was someone who had dealt with many geekhackers before, and as actually previously made many products you have seen before but under a different name

he is an extremely proud and reputable guy and i have every faith and certainty he will deliver

that being said, i can only report here the information i am given, so when im given timelines, i place them here, if those timelines move or change, i again, in the interest of updating people, post them here

that being said, we will be changing how jtk buys are done in the future and the sets will be made first and go directly on sale rather than a gb format

this gb has run on for far too long, we did make it clear at the beginning changes etc would be made, but there really should have been an end cut off for that, i believe it became an obsession for jtk to keep striving to make the set as good as it could possibly be, and that process got out of control, and the knock on of one change then leads to several others

please sit tight, jtk is one of the good guys and he is really close now to the finish line, this has been his passion project for some years now for him and he will see this through no matter what
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline bubbedi

« Reply #754 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 02:49:44 »
Sounds good. I'm still a member of the 'quality > delays' so I dont really care if this buy runs for another year(though I hope it does not - do want keys!) as long as the maker of the set is satisfied with his/her product. And it sounds like JTK is doing just that. Hes 'new' and took quite a lot of swings last time, so I see where he is coming from and next time he will probably be even more prepared.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #755 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 02:56:46 »
Sounds good. I'm still a member of the 'quality > delays' so I dont really care if this buy runs for another year(though I hope it does not - do want keys!) as long as the maker of the set is satisfied with his/her product. And it sounds like JTK is doing just that. Hes 'new' and took quite a lot of swings last time, so I see where he is coming from and next time he will probably be even more prepared.

I promise it won't be anything like that much longer

I know exactly how close it is to being completed, complete pics of the sets, the sorting etc will be here very soon and then it'll be with us, I do appreciate people's concerns but I promise you if I had concerns myself I would post them, i don't

The length of time improving the sets did take too long, I'm with people on that and I know jtk is as well

Each times things are changed it takes factory time, but other things are made in the factory so slots need to be booked each time something is changed or tested etc, so sometimes something that seems quick and simple isn't, but all that is behind us now, I just mention it so say nobody has twiddled their thumbs during the process, this has been constantly worked on throughout, the actual making of the final keys process is very short, it's just all the work that led up to the point of saying go that took the additional time, going in to it nobody knew that work would take so long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Auxo

• Formerly CJD_Anthony
« Reply #756 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 04:32:40 »

I promise it won't be anything like that much longer

I know exactly how close it is to being completed, complete pics of the sets, the sorting etc will be here very soon and then it'll be with us, I do appreciate people's concerns but I promise you if I had concerns myself I would post them, i don't

The length of time improving the sets did take too long, I'm with people on that and I know jtk is as well

Each times things are changed it takes factory time, but other things are made in the factory so slots need to be booked each time something is changed or tested etc, so sometimes something that seems quick and simple isn't, but all that is behind us now, I just mention it so say nobody has twiddled their thumbs during the process, this has been constantly worked on throughout, the actual making of the final keys process is very short, it's just all the work that led up to the point of saying go that took the additional time, going in to it nobody knew that work would take so long

That's good to hear, I feel that this group buy (and excessive delays from other GBs) have caused a good handful of members to become very weary of this particular GB. I sincerely hope that we can get these sets in our hands soon. My GON60 has been waiting for this set for quite a few months now lol, hopefully it looks as good as I hope it will
UNREALFORCE TKL | KMAC Happy | LSJ Ares | LZ CLS h | NIX Sofia | Noxary X60 | OTD 356 Mini | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (Black) | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | PFU Limited HHKB JP Type-S | SINGA x TGR Unikorn | TGR 60% | Weaston & nachie GSKT-00 |
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | MIRA SE | TGR Alice | Southpaw Fullsize (pending shipping) | Daily driver: TGR Alice
Collection: Salamander PC, Keycult No1(OG) Salamander TKL, M60A, THE60, Jane V2, LZ MP, LZ GH V2, KC 1/60, OTD 456GT. Kepler, Think 6.5 Brass, Think 6.5 PC, T60, The Raine, F77, E7-V1 SE
Topre Realforce 87U 55g | Corsair K70 w/ MX Browns | Unicomp Ultra Classic
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 Quickfire Pro | TADA 68 | Novatouch | Whitefox | Octagon v1 | Blackbird | HHKB Pro 2 | KBD75 | VE.A | X60 | Canoe | HHKB Pro 1 | FJELL | Revo One | ALPS64 | Lightsaver v3 | IBM 5140 WKL | Realforce 87u | MIRA SE | Duck Poker | Canoe | Moon | Weaven | M65-A | EXENT | Wooden Planck | Tokyo60| Viper v1 | E6-v2 | IBM SSK | CA66 | TX-CP | SINGA | TGR Alice | FJELL R2 | Klippe | JER-A06 | GSKT-00 | M60-A | Realforce 84u | AL1 | Keycult No. 1 | SaiB-CP | G81-3077SAU | DC60 | Realforce 84ub | TMO50 | G80-1800 | Leaf 80 | LZ GH-v2 | T60 | LZ MP | KMAC Happy | TGR-910RE (Al) | TGR-910RE (PC) | SKB60 | UNIKORN | TGR Jane v2 | Xeno

Offline Zealousy

• Twitter
« Reply #757 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 10:51:52 »
I think the whole community is on edge because of things like Ivan. I know I am more and more skeptical of prospective gb not run by Originative, Massdrop, etc.

That said, Bunny is staking his and his company name and standing on the relationship with JTK, so I will continue to hold on.

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #758 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 13:16:42 »
I'm not in this buy, but I participated in JTK's debut GB. The quality was remarkably high for a first time run. Sure, it had its share of minor problems like disproportionate letter sizing/thickness and whatnot, but I'm happy with the results. I say this so that what follows isn't as easily dismissed as me not having a horse in this race.

As someone who works in the manufacturing industry for a large, global contract manufacturer, and as someone who has participated in numerous group buys on here and Massdrop, I want to shed some light on the overall process in the hope that people can better manage their expectations.

I don't know the details surrounding production for this buy, but I think it's fair to assume the overwhelming majority of buys go through a third party factory for the actual production of the keycaps. Like Bunny said, these factories do not only make one product. It is very rare to have a dedicated facility churning out a single product (usually requires a lot of investment from one or both parties). Our keycap orders, within the big picture, are probably peanuts compared to other orders in terms of volume. My guess is that they are produced in a high-mix, low-volume type of factory, meaning there are lots of different products with relatively small batches for each one. Like Bunny said, every time there is a change in a design, it cascades: that design change needs to be validated, production process changes may need to be made, maybe tooling needs to be updated, a new production slot has to be scheduled, etc. And it also takes time to prep a line every time a different product goes through, which happens more often in a high-mix, low-volume environment.

A big problem is that often, due to contracts, the information that may be relayed to the final end customer during production is restricted. This can include pictures. As a rule of thumb, photography within a factory is prohibited, even for operators working there but especially customers. On our end as group buy participants, it may look like a lack of transparency when in reality the organizer or liaison may simply have their hands tied. I'm not saying this is specifically the case here, but it gives some perspective and gives us more to consider before we start lighting torches and reaching for pitchforks.

I have personally seen products that were funded on Kickstarter encounter issues during production that were not foreseen. When the project hits delay after delay or even ends up in failure, people are quick to assert it was all a scam to begin with. In reality, prior agreements just limited the specific information that could be shared. Commonly, updates on issues are intentionally vague to minimize the risk of leaking confidential/sensitive information and/or for the factory to save face.

Working in manufacturing has given me insight to the overall process from early customer engagement all the way down to actual production, and that includes ALL the issues that arise along the way. It pains me every time I see people (whether on here, Massdrop, or the likes of Kickstarter) freaking out and suggesting delays are the result of a lack of effort or even downright malice on behalf of the people running a buy. Yes, there are ****ty people out there and yes, there have been scams, but in the overwhelming majority of instances of issues or delays, it simply isn't the case.

This keyboard hobby has definitely hurt my wallet, but it's helped my patience. It's coming guys, just hang in there.

Offline JDragon

« Reply #759 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 14:00:43 »
I know exactly how close it is to being completed

Do you mean you have a timeframe? Or just how close we are in the process?

Offline Tobi45

« Reply #760 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 14:43:50 »
It pains me every time I see people (whether on here, Massdrop, or the likes of Kickstarter) freaking out and suggesting delays are the result of a lack of effort or even downright malice on behalf of the people running a buy.
I really don't know how I should've made it more clear that I didn't want to denounce CTRLALT or Bunny in any way, but was mad at JTK.
I don't know whether JTK is (part of ) a large company, all I know is that apparently there have been some issues with the personal (at least iirc., as I said, it has been a while), resulting in a delay and I'd believe that this shouldn't be a problem for a huge company to handle.
I also don't know whether they mustn't take any pictures of the keycaps. They did so before, but not of the colors ordered, so I'd guess it shouldn't be a problem, but who knows.
All I know is that we're "nearly there" since more than half a year now and we haven't even seen a picture of our keycaps, although they are supposed to be ready since a pretty long time now.
Maybe I'm a little to much on edge, but I'm part of the TriC GB (which gets dodgier by the minute as) as well and I'm starting to get pretty mad. Maybe I'm in the wrong here, but in my opinion, even if our orders are just a small fracture of what GMK/JTK/SP actually produce (which I'm sure is on point btw.), we are customers nonetheless and where I'm from it's not acceptable to treat customers this way.

In any case JTK isn't doing anything to make people more confident in this GB and into JTK as a whole.

Well anyway, apparently we're nearly there yet again, so I'll just lean back and wait for news. I guess they should be around soon, as Bunny seems pretty confident.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #761 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 14:54:17 »
I think the whole community is on edge because of things like Ivan. I know I am more and more skeptical of prospective gb not run by Originative, Massdrop, etc.

That said, Bunny is staking his and his company name and standing on the relationship with JTK, so I will continue to hold on.

Neither Massdrop nor Originative are outright free from trust issues, this is common across all group buys. Personally I'd trust Bunny more than any of them.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #762 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 15:19:46 »
It pains me every time I see people (whether on here, Massdrop, or the likes of Kickstarter) freaking out and suggesting delays are the result of a lack of effort or even downright malice on behalf of the people running a buy.
I really don't know how I should've made it more clear that I didn't want to denounce CTRLALT or Bunny in any way, but was mad at JTK.
I don't know whether JTK is (part of ) a large company, all I know is that apparently there have been some issues with the personal (at least iirc., as I said, it has been a while), resulting in a delay and I'd believe that this shouldn't be a problem for a huge company to handle.
I also don't know whether they mustn't take any pictures of the keycaps. They did so before, but not of the colors ordered, so I'd guess it shouldn't be a problem, but who knows.
All I know is that we're "nearly there" since more than half a year now and we haven't even seen a picture of our keycaps, although they are supposed to be ready since a pretty long time now.
Maybe I'm a little to much on edge, but I'm part of the TriC GB (which gets dodgier by the minute as) as well and I'm starting to get pretty mad. Maybe I'm in the wrong here, but in my opinion, even if our orders are just a small fracture of what GMK/JTK/SP actually produce (which I'm sure is on point btw.), we are customers nonetheless and where I'm from it's not acceptable to treat customers this way.

In any case JTK isn't doing anything to make people more confident in this GB and into JTK as a whole.

Well anyway, apparently we're nearly there yet again, so I'll just lean back and wait for news. I guess they should be around soon, as Bunny seems pretty confident.

And I did not intend to imply you were denouncing anyone. I'm sorry if it seemed like I was. Your concerns are valid. My worry is when it starts to snowball - when the panic starts spreading like wildfire. It's comparatively tame here on GH, but I see it on other platforms all too often. It starts with one person voicing concern, and then theories start popping up left and right. And in no time, out come the pitchforks. But again, I'm not saying you're the match that will start a forest fire. My hope is just to insert some perspective before it potentially gets to that point. We all want the same thing here, which is for the buy to run smoothly and for people to get what they paid for in a timely manner. When we keep hearing life/**** happens or vague updates over and over without any elaboration, I understand if people start to get suspicious.

While the things I outlined are not necessarily likely, they are also not impossible. It just depends what you want to consider. Pictures can be contentious. People take photos when they are not supposed to all the time. Maybe they are allowed, maybe they aren't. But I don't think it's necessarily fair to assume the precedent was within the rules. This was meant to apply to these ordeals in general and not necessarily to JTK's situation.

I'm also not excusing any slights against customers, but some customers take priority over others. That's the reality. If the small customer doesn't like it and takes their business elsewhere, it's not as big a deal as a big customer uprooting and leaving. Money talks.

Maybe JTK could do more to inspire confidence, or maybe he's got his hands tied. That's my point. We don't know. And as someone who has been on the other side of this kind of transaction, I can sympathize with what may be happening. I know it's unlikely to be entirely his fault.

Anyway, I'm with you in this wait because I'm excited for potential colorways down the road. I really hope JTK's overall operation gains solid traction.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #763 on: Thu, 22 September 2016, 06:04:56 »
Neither Massdrop nor Originative are outright free from trust issues, this is common across all group buys.

Well I got a full refund on a purchase I made five months ago because each time MassDrop sent me emails letting me know that the distributor is having issues with sending anything out, so I called on them for my refund.

Sure enough, 24 hours later my full refunded amount was sitting in my Paypal account.  Name anyone else out there that will do that?  Not being a fanboy for MassDrop but thus far since buying heaps of gear from them have never been swindled or ripped off with any shoddy goods.  Only had one issue with Originative (go figure) sending me out less key-caps then what was paid for.  Sure enough they (MD) sent me out an extra set two weeks later at no cost to me.

Again it's hard to hate someone that never lets you down on any purchase.
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 September 2016, 06:06:29 by Elrick »

Offline Suembeaux

« Reply #764 on: Thu, 22 September 2016, 13:25:47 »
Neither Massdrop nor Originative are outright free from trust issues, this is common across all group buys.

Well I got a full refund on a purchase I made five months ago because each time MassDrop sent me emails letting me know that the distributor is having issues with sending anything out, so I called on them for my refund.

Sure enough, 24 hours later my full refunded amount was sitting in my Paypal account.  Name anyone else out there that will do that?  Not being a fanboy for MassDrop but thus far since buying heaps of gear from them have never been swindled or ripped off with any shoddy goods.  Only had one issue with Originative (go figure) sending me out less key-caps then what was paid for.  Sure enough they (MD) sent me out an extra set two weeks later at no cost to me.

Again it's hard to hate someone that never lets you down on any purchase.

This is what happens when you establish yourself as a legitimate business and hold yourself responsible for the transactions you make. Nobody else hosting group buys has advertised themselves as a business, and have made it pretty clear they do it in their free time because they love the hobby.
A bunch of stuff. Someone teach me how to properly solder.

/u/Shartastical

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #765 on: Thu, 22 September 2016, 19:29:06 »
Nobody else hosting group buys has advertised themselves as a business, and have made it pretty clear they do it in their free time because they love the hobby.

Exactly, that is why Group Buys here on Geekhack is risky just like playing at any Casino around the world.  When you win and get your prize everything is great but it's so easy to lose everything at the same time when you go again.

I no longer get involved with any Key-cap Group Buys here on GH or anywhere else for that matter simply because those days of trusting strangers with your money isn't worth the risk anymore.  For the new people who haven't gotten involved with any GB's then try one out and see how that goes.  Because it's a 50/50 enterprise you need to know what to expect especially when dealing with any newcomer's who run any Group Buy's for the first time.

Not saying Bunny will let us down or that he has no experience when running any Group Buy's because he's the General who has fought many previous GB battles and won them every time for us.  That is why when you have to get involved in any Group Buys here on Geekhack Central, always join Bunny's since he's the only one who's been here since the beginning and has a 100% successful record of completion (at least with me).

Offline gabba-gool

« Reply #766 on: Fri, 23 September 2016, 12:17:27 »
Nobody else hosting group buys has advertised themselves as a business, and have made it pretty clear they do it in their free time because they love the hobby.

Exactly, that is why Group Buys here on Geekhack is risky just like playing at any Casino around the world.  When you win and get your prize everything is great but it's so easy to lose everything at the same time when you go again.

I no longer get involved with any Key-cap Group Buys here on GH or anywhere else for that matter simply because those days of trusting strangers with your money isn't worth the risk anymore.  For the new people who haven't gotten involved with any GB's then try one out and see how that goes.  Because it's a 50/50 enterprise you need to know what to expect especially when dealing with any newcomer's who run any Group Buy's for the first time.

Not saying Bunny will let us down or that he has no experience when running any Group Buy's because he's the General who has fought many previous GB battles and won them every time for us.  That is why when you have to get involved in any Group Buys here on Geekhack Central, always join Bunny's since he's the only one who's been here since the beginning and has a 100% successful record of completion (at least with me).

I felt comfortable joining this group buy because it was [CTRL]ALT. It's taken longer than I expected but I've appreciated the updates. It's a risk to join a user group buy here but I'm not particularly worried.

It would be cool to see some pictures of the red/white set soon.

Offline m1kehonch0

« Reply #767 on: Sat, 24 September 2016, 06:57:24 »
How is the "Line in the Sand" post from last night affecting this group buy?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #768 on: Sat, 24 September 2016, 06:58:38 »

That post is over 2 weeks old...

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #769 on: Sat, 24 September 2016, 07:04:14 »

That's old and has no affect on this, for update son this buy follow my posts in this thread

Offline m1kehonch0

« Reply #770 on: Sat, 24 September 2016, 07:07:29 »

That's old and has no affect on this, for update son this buy follow my posts in this thread

Alright cool man. I'll take you on your word. I just saw it last night on Reddit, I don't spend a ton of time on GH. Just making sure we're on track as I've bought 3 sets from this GB from either Bunny or other users selling theirs.
Thanks for the fast reply.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #771 on: Sat, 24 September 2016, 07:10:36 »

Alright cool man. I'll take you on your word. I just saw it last night on Reddit, I don't spend a ton of time on GH. Just making sure we're on track as I've bought 3 sets from this GB from either Bunny or other users selling theirs.
Thanks for the fast reply.

I don't go to Reddit so no idea what's there, but we are all on track now and it'll be shipping to us imminently

Thanks ks for the patience and support and I can't wait to get these in people's hands and move on

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • authentic church of halverson member
« Reply #772 on: Sun, 25 September 2016, 12:34:25 »
Looking to pick up an orange on black order, PM me if you are looking to let yours go :)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #773 on: Sun, 25 September 2016, 12:39:27 »
Looking to pick up an orange on black order, PM me if you are looking to let yours go :)

I'd like to give anyone the opportunity that wants to pass this up to do that for you, buy if nobody steps up I have extras you can take sir, if you don't have a reply within a week hit me up

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #774 on: Wed, 28 September 2016, 10:01:37 »
Hey guys just had an update from jtk, we will start having pics as of tomorrow, with more following over the next several days and it will be shipping soon after, thanks for your patience

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
  • "You miss 100% of the shots you take." -S. Trooper
« Reply #775 on: Wed, 28 September 2016, 10:03:29 »
Hey guys just had an update from jtk, we will start having pics as of tomorrow, with more following over the next several days and it will be shipping soon after, thanks for your patience

Woo can't wait to see the changes made.
Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #776 on: Wed, 28 September 2016, 10:22:56 »
Does that include the sliders?

Offline yomammary

« Reply #777 on: Wed, 28 September 2016, 13:08:33 »
Does that include the sliders?
Can't wait for those.
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #778 on: Wed, 28 September 2016, 17:49:04 »
Are PM orders going to be shipping at the same time as everyone else? Haven't been keeping up with this thread much, but I'm waiting on two sets and sliders...

Offline Zealousy

• Twitter
« Reply #779 on: Thu, 29 September 2016, 14:27:37 »
 :thumb: love the sound of pictures today! Can't wait to see how close we are!

Offline Suembeaux

« Reply #780 on: Thu, 29 September 2016, 16:25:56 »
:thumb: love the sound of pictures today! Can't wait to see how close we are!

Same. I need this. LEDs on my Shine 3 are starting to die and I need to cover them up lol.
A bunch of stuff. Someone teach me how to properly solder.

/u/Shartastical

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #781 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 06:11:37 »
Thank you for the continuing updates BunnyLake :)

I just hope this long GB won't have a negative effect on future JTK GBs.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
« Reply #782 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 06:18:50 »

I think it's completely understandable and won't affect my view. They are looking to improve their process and it shows their dedication to ensuring that a good keyset is being made. Hope that JTK continues to expand on their color options and refinements. Who knows maybe one day they will give GMK a run for their money. :p

I have three JTK sets and though they are not perfect they are still top notch and I love using them, so I look forward to seeing the changes made and improvements down the line. Forever waiting on Blue on White.
« Last Edit: Fri, 30 September 2016, 06:23:03 by Fictiouz »
Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #783 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 06:22:02 »

I think it's completely understandable and won't affect my view. They are looking to improve their process and it shows their dedication to ensuring that a good keyset is being made. Hope that JTK continues to expand on their color options and refinements. Who knows maybe one day they will give GMK a run for their money. :p

I just realised I'm using the JTK debut WoB set with GMK Bluegaloo modifiers and I had forgotten it wasn't one set!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
« Reply #784 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 06:24:45 »

I just realised I'm using the JTK debut WoB set with GMK Bluegaloo modifiers and I had forgotten it wasn't one set!

I wonder how that will change with the modifications to one of the Rows on JTK that Bunny has mentioned in the past.

Offline daviswalkers

• HHKB Amature 2
    • Graphic Design Portfolio
« Reply #785 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 09:27:50 »
Any clue when the websites order information will work again, I'm trying to sell my spot as it's been so long I no longer need them as I had to buy other keys for the keyboard these were originally for. It's hard to sell without any proof of purchase.
For over a month anytime I try to view my purchase I get
"500 Internal Server Error
If you are the administrator of this website, then please read this web application's log file and/or the web server's log file to find out what went wrong."

Compact-SQ |          VE.A
 65g Zealios    |      78g Zealios

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #786 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 09:50:25 »
Any clue when the websites order information will work again, I'm trying to sell my spot as it's been so long I no longer need them as I had to buy other keys for the keyboard these were originally for. It's hard to sell without any proof of purchase.
For over a month anytime I try to view my purchase I get
"500 Internal Server Error
If you are the administrator of this website, then please read this web application's log file and/or the web server's log file to find out what went wrong."

I see that error too and opened a support ticket. Tym responded with "don't worry about your order as we will still get it out to you." Whal thats fine it would be nice to see what exactly i ordered 10 months ago.

Offline brosephiroth99

« Reply #787 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 10:28:06 »
I moved, how do I change my address.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Offline Tobi45

« Reply #788 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 11:27:10 »
Have pictures been delayed again, or is Bunny just busy?

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #789 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 11:29:58 »
Definitely want to see those pics.  I'm excited, but I'm expecting more delays every time this gets bumped.  Definitely not a good thing.
IG: https://www.instagram.com/27mechs/                                        Website: http://www.mech27.com/

Offline Khuya

« Reply #790 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 11:41:06 »
I am still looking to sell my pink + white set..

Offline Zealousy

• Twitter
« Reply #791 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 11:46:32 »
I moved, how do I change my address.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Bunny said earlier in the thread to go to ctrl.alt's website and submit a ticket about your address change. That's what I did anyway.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #792 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 13:40:15 »
Just quick update guys I haven't been around at all for about 48 hours, finally online now but hours don't match up with China, I'm leaving a dm for jtk now and will post pics as soon as I get em

Offline pinkeyedcyclops

« Reply #793 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 14:27:10 »
Definitely want to see those pics.  I'm excited, but I'm expecting more delays every time this gets bumped.  Definitely not a good thing.

Same.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
JTK Sophomore GB - buy period over
« Reply #794 on: Sun, 02 October 2016, 03:32:08 »
Hey folks apparently the factory are on holiday for 7 days due to some national Chinese holiday now that I didn't know anything about, it's my fault for not being around on Friday, I do however have pics of all the modifications that have been done, I'm on my phone now but I'll post those next time I'm at my desk, I was sent them a little while ago but as they were in test colours and not production I didn't think people would be interested

Jtk says factory workers get back in 7 days and then he will have access and send me the actual production pics and getting the sets prepared for shipment

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #795 on: Sun, 02 October 2016, 03:35:09 »
According to: http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/china/

it's the National Day Golden Week holiday, so a happy National Day Golden Week holiday to JTK :D

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #796 on: Sun, 02 October 2016, 08:31:18 »
According to: http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/china/

it's the National Day Golden Week holiday, so a happy National Day Golden Week holiday to JTK :D

thanks for the info sir

sadly it wasnt something at all on my radar

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #797 on: Sun, 02 October 2016, 12:11:08 »
It should have been on their radar though when giving you shipping estimates.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #798 on: Sun, 02 October 2016, 12:58:18 »

this has nothing to do with a shipping estimate

its about pictures of the finished final product and the packing process

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #799 on: Sun, 02 October 2016, 13:37:15 »

this has nothing to do with a shipping estimate

its about pictures of the finished final product and the packing process

It should have been on their radar though when giving you shipping estimates pictures of the finished final product and the packing process.