Author Topic: Star Wars thread  (Read 11074 times)

Offline piemancoder

Star Wars thread
« on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 22:24:18 »
Which Star Wars movies are the best/worst,who are your favorite charcters, how much do you hate Jar Jar, etc. Talk about anything Star Wars related!  ;D

A note about spoilers or theories: If you're saying a spoiler, or a theory, please clearly say it's a spoiler/theory and please put it in a spoiler box 
Yoda grammar best has

Offline neverused

Re: Star Wars thread
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 22:29:27 »
Empire Strikes Back is the best episode.

Offline Sinanju

• Dustoff
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 22:40:55 »
A note about spoilers or theories: If you're saying a spoiler, or a theory, please clearly say it's a spoiler/theory and please put it in a spoiler box
Cannot stress that point enough.

Anyways, I always loved anything Clone/Storm trooper related. Anything w/ mandalorian armor too.  Liked how some units had their own different colors, or armor to differentiate each other.
In my opinion:  Phase II Armor > Storm Trooper > Phase I Armor

Looking forward to the TFA as the new storm trooper armor looks awesome.

Offline RoastPotatoes

• * Maker
    • RoastPotatoes Keyboard Blog
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 23:14:49 »
I've just seen the force awakens and I was quite impressed. It is different from all the rest, but I think it is a nice addition to the star wars universe. Seeing another star wars film at the cinema was incredible and there were some scenes where I was just so engrossed I didn't really think it possible.

I'm hyped up.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 03:54:48 »
I still prefer the original 3.

The next 3 were too artificial, too politically correct.

I'll probably see the new one anyway.  Eventually.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline raymogi

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 04:00:26 »
I'm on my marathon and currently on III. I got VI after that and tomorrow gonna go see VII.

So far I'm liking ep V the most.
Please feed my addiction.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 04:13:27 »
Impression of Jar Jar Binks?  Is there anyone actually likes him?

Once I worked out what he was saying, he was amusing, for a while.  But kinda grates on the nerves eventually.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 04:28:09 »
Jar jar is awesome if it's true that he's a sith, which is currently debatable.
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 07:25:55 »

Once I worked out what he was saying, he was amusing, for a while.  But kinda grates on the nerves eventually.

I was also slightly amused for a few minutes, until I realized that he was not going to be a minor disposable character.

That #1 film had the potential to have been very good, Qui-Gon was a great character, but the cartoonish  aspects like having an 8-year-old penniless slave boy build and pilot an insane racing vehicle were just too ridiculous, Force or no.
“This isn’t the same Trump that got elected in 2016, he’s worse.”
“Something snapped in this guy — for real — when he lost in 2020,” Biden said, suggesting the former president was “unhinged” and was the driving force behind a mob of his supporters overrunning the US Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021."
“He can’t accept the fact that he lost, it’s literally driving him crazy,” Biden said.
He added that the former president “wants to terminate the Constitution” and “says if he loses there will be a bloodbath in America.”
“What kind of man is this?”  Biden asked. — June 3, 2024

Offline piemancoder

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 07:40:06 »
Is anyone else going to watch a marathon I veer the weekend? I plan on doing that since all of the theatres here are really crowded :(
Yoda grammar best has

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 07:44:04 »
Am I the only one that thinks Jar Jar was completely tolerable compared to angsty little Annie and those initial awkward advances towards Padme in Episode II?
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 15:17:22 »
I saw Padme as a modern version of Princess Leia.  With different hair.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 01:25:54 »
Watch the whole 2 mins. Worth it.

Ahhhh memories of Scribble Jam...
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 01:28:49 »
Sitting in the IMAX booth now. I can tell you all exactly what happens....
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 01:29:31 »
Sitting in the IMAX booth now. I can tell you all exactly what happens....

Can you just FaceTime it to me, plz? Thanks.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline raymogi

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 02:52:57 »
The movie was insanely good. Even my noob wifey was loving every minute of it.

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 04:08:29 »
Has anyone played this yet?

Use your phone as a lightsaber to control your computer screen. :))
https://lightsaber.withgoogle.com/experience
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 04:16:23 »

You won't regret watching this. I promise.
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 07:34:33 »
A while back I wiki'd some parts of the star wars novels since I don't read for pleasure.  From what I remember the story has been somewhat altered?  I thought the movie was a great watch but if anyone wants to talk about differences I'd be down.

Spoiler
Like how they imply that Rey is part of the skywalker lineage and now the name of solo's son is ben(but Darth Caedus was always solo's son)?  Or maybe I read that scene wrong.  It's been a while since I read up on the lore.
Dear god spoiler

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 14:34:19 »
I do Star Wars costuming sometimes, in a semi-professional group. We have a guy who dresses up and acts as Jar-Jar Binks. Believe it or not but he is always very appreciated by the public.
🍉

Offline piemancoder

« Reply #20 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 16:41:01 »
A while back I wiki'd some parts of the star wars novels since I don't read for pleasure.  From what I remember the story has been somewhat altered?  I thought the movie was a great watch but if anyone wants to talk about differences I'd be down.

Spoiler
Like how they imply that Rey is part of the skywalker lineage and now the name of solo's son is ben(but Darth Caedus was always solo's son)?  Or maybe I read that scene wrong.  It's been a while since I read up on the lore.
Dear god spoiler

Don't look at the spoiler. Don't look at the spoiler. Just 2 more weeks. You can do it. Come on Me, don't look at the spoiler.
Yoda grammar best has

Offline filphil

« Reply #21 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 19:18:35 »

Spoiler
Dear god spoiler

Don't look at the spoiler. Don't look at the spoiler. Just 2 more weeks. You can do it. Come on Me, don't look at the spoiler.

Destroy your computer bruh. The Internet is full of vermin looking to spoil you.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 19:34:32 »
Believe it or not but he is always very appreciated by the public.

Humor and comic relief are essential. Geeks and nerds are far too serious most of the time anyway.
“Something snapped in this guy — for real — when he lost in 2020,” Biden said, suggesting the former president was “unhinged” and was the driving force behind a mob of his supporters overrunning the US Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021."
“He can’t accept the fact that he lost, it’s literally driving him crazy,” Biden said.
He added that the former president “wants to terminate the Constitution” and “says if he loses there will be a bloodbath in America.”

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 20:03:33 »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 20:04:50 »
i've never seen any of the star wars
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 20:18:24 »

you what....  :'(
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 20:26:18 »

yeah man

my coworker has been trying to get me to watch the machete order, but i just haven't gotten around to downloading them all (minus ep. 1)
tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline piemancoder

« Reply #27 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 20:55:46 »

yeah man

my coworker has been trying to get me to watch the machete order, but i just haven't gotten around to downloading them all (minus ep. 1)

It's completely worth it. For me at least, but I know very few people who didn't like it.

There was an order (not the first order :p) that I heard about, but I forget it's name. I believe it went 4-5-2-3-6. It might be the one you mentioned, since I know it excluded Episode 1. Also, has anyone here heard about The Phantom Edit? It was a fan remake of The Phantom Menace that fixed quite a few bad things. I've heard good things about it, but I haven't watched it yet.

One last thing, whatever you do, DO NOT WATCH THE STAR WARS HOLIDAY SPECIAL. When it came out it was terrible, and it still is terrible.
Yoda grammar best has

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 20:57:54 »
4-5-2-3-6

that's the order

i should really add them to my download queue...
tp thread is tp thread

Offline piemancoder

« Reply #29 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 21:02:35 »

Show Image

For me, yeah probably.

Spoiler
Dear god spoiler

Destroy your computer bruh. The Internet is full of vermin looking to spoil you.

I must destroy ALL THE COMPUTERS! Goes to hack Steam and make a fake Half-Life 3 page which when discovered, will make the internet crash because of all the excitement

Edit: fixed stupid formatting mistake
« Last Edit: Sat, 19 December 2015, 09:40:47 by piemancoder »
Yoda grammar best has

Offline filphil

« Reply #30 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 21:07:08 »
4-5-2-3-6

that's the order

You could watch the force awakens without any prior knowledge of star wars but you just won't have the appreciation for the little eggs and nostalgia goggles would mean nothing to you.

IIRC there was a very quick but in your face scene where fin grabs the automatic droid that trained luke skywalker how to parry beams with his light saber and tossed it to the side. 

Offline raymogi

« Reply #31 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 21:09:11 »
I started my marathon on Monday as well to prepare for the new one.

I *think* I get the gist of the story and that's all I need anyway. Don't wanna get too deep into the whole universe.

Offline piemancoder

« Reply #32 on: Sat, 19 December 2015, 09:41:40 »
4-5-2-3-6

that's the order

You could watch the force awakens without any prior knowledge of star wars but you just won't have the appreciation for the little eggs and nostalgia goggles would mean nothing to you.

IIRC there was a very quick but in your face scene where fin grabs the automatic droid that trained luke skywalker how to parry beams with his light saber and tossed it to the side.

Spoiler!
Yoda grammar best has

Offline piemancoder

« Reply #33 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 18:02:49 »
So who here has seen the new movie? Is it worth watching?
Yoda grammar best has

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #34 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 18:32:56 »

Me and yes. You shouldn't have to ask us that.  :D

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #35 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 18:44:11 »

Me and yes. You shouldn't have to ask us that.  :D

i loved it. :)  it was better than cats.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #36 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 19:00:12 »
I don't get why people need certain watching orders. For me I always go by how they were released chronologically. That's the way they were released and that's the way the first viewers had to go by, so that's what I parallel.

But yes, TFA is fantastic, warts and all.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #37 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 19:12:23 »
I find the venom that is spewed towards https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Episode_I:_The_Phantom_Menace to be pretty silly and seriously misplaced. Yes, it would have been far better without the retarded Jar-Jar and the infantile Anakin, but it is not really much more childish than the rest of them. And I thought that Qui-Gon was an excellent character that was killed off and squandered early.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #38 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 19:17:20 »
I find the venom that is spewed towards https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Episode_I:_The_Phantom_Menace to be pretty silly and seriously misplaced. Yes, it would have been far better without the retarded Jar-Jar and the infantile Anakin, but it is not really much more childish than the rest of them. And I thought that Qui-Gon was an excellent character that was killed off and squandered early.

I thought Phantom Menace was fine other than Jar-Jar; well, the kid who played Anakin too. When I first saw the film I was a teenager and didn't mind him. Even the second time I saw the film, when I was in college, I thought he was okay.
It was when I got the Blu-ray set and watched it the third time that I couldn't stand him at all. He was annoying to no end.
That child actor always got on my nerves. I thought he was whiny when I first saw him in Jingle All the Way, and found him annoying ever since.

Offline WolfTickets

« Reply #39 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 21:28:29 »

I really enjoyed it.  It stayed true to the first trilogy... Maybe a little too true...

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #40 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 21:41:43 »
Loved it. I saw the originals in the theater but only remember ep 6. This was cool because it was a world/character set I was familiar with but I was seeing the plot for the first time. It was an excitement that I haven't felt for a long time. A long time.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #41 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 22:03:23 »
Wasn't there another Star Wars thread recently? I thought I posted yesterday. Anyway, I think Machete Order is a neat idea, but release order is fine for newbies. Episode 1 is not that bad.

Jar Jar is a little annoying but the whole idea of a single planet co-occupied by two sentient species was a really cool idea that I thought was explored really well. Darth Maul is often accused of being a hollow, pointless character, but you had to have someone there to wield the enemy lightsaber. And he wasn't even the real villain.

The one "fan edit" I really advocate is, if you own the official releases, go ahead and download the Despecialized Editions of episodes 1-3. They are likely the closest thing to an HD release of the original theatrical releases that we'll ever get to see. I happen to be lucky enough to own the discontinued DVDs which include 480p theatrical versions--the highest quality officially available--but most of the time I watch the Despecialized Editions on Plex instead.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #42 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 06:20:03 »

Wasn't there another Star Wars thread recently? I thought I posted yesterday. Anyway, I think Machete Order is a neat idea, but release order is fine for newbies. Episode 1 is not that bad.

Jar Jar is a little annoying but the whole idea of a single planet co-occupied by two sentient species was a really cool idea that I thought was explored really well. Darth Maul is often accused of being a hollow, pointless character, but you had to have someone there to wield the enemy lightsaber. And he wasn't even the real villain.

The one "fan edit" I really advocate is, if you own the official releases, go ahead and download the Despecialized Editions of episodes 1-3. They are likely the closest thing to an HD release of the original theatrical releases that we'll ever get to see. I happen to be lucky enough to own the discontinued DVDs which include 480p theatrical versions--the highest quality officially available--but most of the time I watch the Despecialized Editions on Plex instead.

I have the Definitive Collection on laserdisc, but my laserdisc player gave up the ghost years ago
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Online HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #43 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 06:48:38 »
One last thing, whatever you do, DO NOT WATCH THE STAR WARS HOLIDAY SPECIAL. When it came out it was terrible, and it still is terrible.

It's not even funny-bad...  :|

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #44 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 07:11:26 »

I really enjoyed it.  It stayed true to the first trilogy... Maybe a little too true...

Lol, the throwbacks, so many throwbacks.
Methylated Spirits, not even once.

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #45 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 07:15:07 »

Spoiler
Dear god spoiler

Not technically a spoiler but I'll tag it as such just in case:
In the expanded universe, which most is now considered non-canon, Leia and Han had twins, Jacen who was Darth Caedus and Jaina who was a Jedi.  Luke Skywalker had a son with Mara Jade who's name was Ben.
Ion | Keycult | Instagram

Online HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #46 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 07:50:32 »
In the expanded universe, which most is now considered non-canon [...]

I didn't realize until yesterday that the expanded universe was even considered canon...  :-[  In my mind I'd always written them off since it wasn't George Lucas that wrote them; and to be honest, calling it "Expanded Universe" kind of implies that it's something 'beyond' the original story arc.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #47 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 08:03:49 »

I didn't realize until yesterday that the expanded universe was even considered canon...  :-[  In my mind I'd always written them off since it wasn't George Lucas that wrote them; and to be honest, calling it "Expanded Universe" kind of implies that it's something 'beyond' the original story arc.

It's not. "Canon" is, always and forever, only that which is included in the films. The only time canon can change is through the addition of new films, or, by revisionist editing, through new releases of the original films.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Online HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #48 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 08:08:01 »

It's not. "Canon" is, always and forever, only that which is included in the films. The only time canon can change is through the addition of new films, or, by revisionist editing, through new releases of the original films.

In my googling, I read an "official" statement that Disney had de-canonized the books.  Was their initial canonization a sham?  If it were up to me, I'd agree with exactly what you wrote, but I don't think I get to pick the rules here so I'm not sure how it works.  :P

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #49 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 08:18:15 »

In my googling, I read an "official" statement that Disney had de-canonized the books.  Was their initial canonization a sham?  If it were up to me, I'd agree with exactly what you wrote, but I don't think I get to pick the rules here so I'm not sure how it works.  :P

Disney, being Disney, seems to have tried to co-opt the definition of what is canon. But I think most sane people would still hold to my original definition.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon

As of April 25, 2014, the only previously published materials that are considered canon are the six Star Wars films and the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series and film, while the Expanded Universe is no longer considered canon[1] and was re-termed as the "Legends" brand. Most Star Wars material released after April 25, 2014—with some exceptions—is composed in collaboration with the Lucasfilm Story Group, making it part of the "new canon."
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."