Author Topic: K70 RGB Mx Brown vs Cooler Master Novatouch TKL  (Read 2720 times)

Offline abdulla

K70 RGB Mx Brown vs Cooler Master Novatouch TKL
« on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 17:51:08 »
So I bought a K70 RGB for a special price(as much as a strafe non RGB in my country). But the thing is I don't know if I haven't really gotten used to it, but the Cherry MX Browns feel scratchy and the keys wobble.
I've also learnt that I don't care about backlighting.

I've gotten an offer for the Novatouch to cost as much as the k70 RGB which costs as much as a strafe non RGB, so It's pretty inexpensive.

I'm wondering if the topre switches are smoother like membranes but don't feel cheap and will allow me to type as fast as mechanical keys. I really don't want them to feel cheap and I don't want a high actuation force so my fingers won't get tired.

Are novatouches keys as bad as they are made out to be? And are they wobbly?

I really like that it's tkl and no nonsense

Wish that it was mini USB :(

Offline gain

Re: K70 RGB Mx Brown vs Cooler Master Novatouch TKL
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 18:54:19 »
I was after a bunch of info on the same keyboard a little while ago and I gotta admit Hypersphere's write-up on the keyboard over at Deskauthority is fantastic. Find it here

Mkawa also wrote up a nice post on said keyboard, here.

I don't have much to contribute as the links I once read carefully will certainly provide more insight than I.

That said, I run a HHKB Pro JP Type-S and across the board, I love it. So until I experience any other non type-s Topre keyboard, I'm a very biased man. edit - for what it's worth, I went from MX browns to topre as well, I do not miss browns at all.

(Also the price-tag makes me want to gouge my eyes out but the Realforce anniversary edition looks great for a TKL topre)

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 20:00:27 »
New MX Browns are god awful, they tend to be scratchy and can get stuck, however if you can ever harvest some vintage/old ones they are much better. I can't be much of help when it comes to discussing topre but if you find that you like topre then stick with what you like. However there are a lot of variations and combinations that you can have with mx switches, it takes a little bit to find the one true switch combination that you love.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline Harms

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 20:10:39 »
I have a filco mx brown board and a novatouch and the browns dont feel nearly as good as the topre in my opinion. The browns feel scratchy and the bump annoys me. However, the topre bump is nice and smooth and I dont mind it. The Novatouch overall feels much smoother and just more better in my opinion. Also the keys dont wobble anymore than your everyday board.