Author Topic: Hi! Could use some help with ErgoDox EZ  (Read 1793 times)

Offline Acymev

Hi! Could use some help with ErgoDox EZ
« on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 19:44:09 »
Hi! I never though I'd care about keyboards, but after switching to a mechanical one, I decided to see how deep the rabbit hole goes.
So, now I am slowly trying to learn the new ErgoDox EZ and quickly realizing that I am not thrilled with the layout.

I want to change just a few keys, but for the life of me can't even figure out a starting point of how to customize the QMK firmware.

Are there any good tutorials? I am on windows, but have an Ubuntu VM i can use as well.

Thanks!

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
Re: Hi! Could use some help with ErgoDox EZ
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 20:01:10 »
Hi!

What is QMK? I think you mean TMK?

Massdrop should have a ton of info about this sort of thing since they run Ergodox buys. I'd start there...or wait for someone else to chime in here.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Hi! Could use some help with ErgoDox EZ
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 20:28:54 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

There's a whole thread about the TMK firmware - that would be the best place to ask your question.  Not that many people check the New Members area, at least not regularly, and the question might otherwise go unheeded.

Good luck :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ