Author Topic: [GB] Golbat 40% Keyboard with Kimera Core R1. UPDATED April 21st, please read  (Read 139589 times)

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Oh ya, Grats on the food interview :)

I don't mind bottom scratches, and I hope white smd led may reflect the gold flake for me, I haven't lost hope to show off gold yet :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
I'm not worried about any any bottom scratches either. This buy was already a really great value and a few cosmetic issues are acceptable. Thanks for all your hard work!

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
I really don't mind about scratches (bottom or top) to be honest  :)

I can probably help out with some shipping duties if the need arises :thumb:

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
I haven't seen a cracked acrylic yet (which is great news since the sample had a crack, but I made sure that GFW would check them all so we wouldn't end up with cracked acrylic).

There's only one board so far where the cosmetic defect would be visible after building unfortunately.

I really don't mind about scratches (bottom or top) to be honest  :)

I can probably help out with some shipping duties if the need arises :thumb:

I might have to take you up on that since I might have to start training withing the week if I get the job.

Offline HappyCatFish

If you are going to have trouble shipping them all out quickly go ahead and put my order back on the list, I wont be home and able to put it together for some time anyway so I am happy to defer my spot in live to someone else.

GL with starting your new job! I am starting a new job this Tuesday as well.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
Im always around to help if needed as well  :thumb:
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline GL1TCH3D

Some boards have started going out so the first ones should be received next week  :thumb:

Some boards have started going out so the first ones should be received next week  :thumb:
Awesome

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
It just occurred to me that the HHKB plate was extra, right?

If that IS the case I'll have an extra top plate that I won't need.

If Glitched wants to contact the person with the scratched top plate and throw my top plate in with that order, im more than OK with that. I just wanted the HHKB plate  :thumb:

Offline punkpc

Sweet! Can't wait to build this!

Offline Kemindo

• one world one promise

Hopefully it will be in my hand soon :thumb:
Peace and Service

Offline GL1TCH3D

If Glitched wants to contact the person with the scratched top plate and throw my top plate in with that order, im more than OK with that. I just wanted the HHKB plate  :thumb:

Yes the HHKB was an additional fee and added onto the orders along with the normal plates

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter

Yes the HHKB was an additional fee and added onto the orders along with the normal plates

Cool deal, then yeah, just hold my normal plate to the side and do what you see fit with it  :thumb: Not worried on any refund any crap like that.

Offline punkpc

Cool deal, then yeah, just hold my normal plate to the side and do what you see fit with it  :thumb: Not worried on any refund any crap like that.

+1  :thumb:

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
MUCH EXCITE!

Is there a notification if yours went out or will it just show up? I do like surprises

Offline GL1TCH3D

MUCH EXCITE!

Is there a notification if yours went out or will it just show up? I do like surprises

Surprise!

Offline schlesi

MUCH EXCITE!

Surprise!

So no tracking numbers?

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
MUCH EXCITE!

Surprise!

Yay! I best be looking out for it everyday now! :D

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
glitch just tell us that you skamed us  :'( /s

Offline GL1TCH3D

My spreadsheet got a bit messy.

I didn't get the job unfortunately  :'(

So I'll have a bit more time this week to finish up orders.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO

Damn, sorry to hear that :(

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!

G3D,
Even though you didn't get the job, just know you'll get something better next time around. It'll be sooner than you know too!

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
Sorry to hear about the job falling through.

I interviewed at a ****house place and got turned down but managed to land a job at the best place out of all of them. Just gotta keep your chin up and soldier on

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
GL1TCH3D, sorry to hear about the interview.

Were any kits shipped this week?

Offline punkpc

Were any kits shipped this week?

I would be interested in a update as well, because there is not going to be tracking.

Offline GL1TCH3D

Ended up being very busy this week!

Sorry. Shipping out another 20 tomorrow =D

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Lubing and putting stickers on black switches tonight, getting ready! :D

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
Lubing and putting stickers on black switches tonight, getting ready! :D

Literally doing the same tonight as well  :thumb:

Offline TheRPJesus

I keep checking the mail everyday.  Wish I knew if it shipped or not.....

Offline cheddarbek

Still waiting on mine.  :( Can't wait to get it.
The Alps cover 65% of Switzerland's surface area (41,285 km²), making it one of the most alpine countries. Despite the fact that Switzerland covers only 14% of the Alps total area (192,753 km²),[2][3] many alpine four-thousanders (48 of 82) are located in the Swiss Alps and practically all of the remaining few are within 20 km of the country's border.

Offline GL1TCH3D

Shipping a few more out today after dinner. Need to get more bubble wrap  :blank:

Offline GL1TCH3D

I'll hopefully have the remainder of the orders fulfilled tomorrow. Once all the main orders are fulfilled I'll be in contact with those with defective units to decide if orders will be added on to round 2 (I'd it happens) or if small refunds will be made. I'll be in touch with GFW too. Cheers!

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
I'll hopefully have the remainder of the orders fulfilled tomorrow. Once all the main orders are fulfilled I'll be in contact with those with defective units to decide if orders will be added on to round 2 (I'd it happens) or if small refunds will be made. I'll be in touch with GFW too. Cheers!

When will we know whether our order has shipped out / is defective?

Offline GL1TCH3D

I've started sending out messages on the forums to those impacted. There are 4 orders impacted. One of them is completely missing but a similar kit showed up. Only 1 order has damage to a visible area and 2 have triple acrylic sections instead of double acrylic but it really doesn't change the look at all so I'll probably send those out without delay.

Otherwise there are 2 orders with significant scratching on places that won't be visible during normal use but I'd like to at least inform those 2 people.

I've started sending out messages on the forums to those impacted. There are 4 orders impacted. One of them is completely missing but a similar kit showed up. Only 1 order has damage to a visible area and 2 have triple acrylic sections instead of double acrylic but it really doesn't change the look at all so I'll probably send those out without delay.

Otherwise there are 2 orders with significant scratching on places that won't be visible during normal use but I'd like to at least inform those 2 people.
Sweet so does that mean if we haven't gotten a message that our boards are defect free and head our way?

Sent from my 6039S using Tapatalk

Offline GL1TCH3D

All the emails for damage that I feel necessary to disclose have been sent out. I missed the cutoff for Friday so the sets for today will only leave monday (Canadian mail system...)

Offline GL1TCH3D

The last ones to go out will go out this thursday (the ones where I had to ask people about what they wanted to do about defects, etc)

There was only 1 bad casualty in the 55 orders so I'm working on rectifying that with the person!

Also I developed a really bad cold after shipping out the last batch so.... disinfect the boards

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
Thanks for the update

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
GL1TCH3D delivers  :thumb:

Purple happy plate with 422 "opal" acrylic, MX clear stems in gateron housings and 55g springs. Think I might put the ghost white PBT caps on it, not 100% at this point  ^-^

Show Image

Purple happy plate with 422 "opal" acrylic, MX clear stems in gateron housings and 55g springs. Think I might put the ghost white PBT caps on it, not 100% at this point  ^-^
Looking sexy, can't wait for mine to get here.

Sent from my 6039S using Tapatalk

Offline schlesi

Show Image

Awesome. Any plans for lighting? That smoky white middle screams for a few LEDs.

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
What switches should I use on this little fella

I don't think something tactile would go so well but idk

Offline GL1TCH3D

Just another reminder for those that may have missed it, there are extra screws / bolts included in the box as well as a small wrench for the screws and some surface mount LEDs to place on the back side if you wish to do so.

Cheers! Can't wait to see them built!

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Just another reminder for those that may have missed it, there are extra screws / bolts included in the box as well as a small wrench for the screws and some surface mount LEDs to place on the back side if you wish to do so.

Do you have a link to where there's info to put on the LEDs? I'm on tapatalk and it's hard to find stuff, heh

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder

Offline GL1TCH3D

Do you have a link to where there's info to put on the LEDs? I'm on tapatalk and it's hard to find stuff, heh

Unfortunately LEDs are done the hard way. Do you mean for firmware or soldering?

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO

Unfortunately LEDs are done the hard way. Do you mean for firmware or soldering?

I really have no idea, both I guess

Offline GL1TCH3D

Okay so the thing with the golbat is that there's no pads specific for leds on the back of the pcb, you use the through-hole pads that are meant for the in switch LEDs and you solder them on the back of those.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO

Okay so the thing with the golbat is that there's no pads specific for leds on the back of the pcb, you use the through-hole pads that are meant for the in switch LEDs and you solder them on the back of those.

Oh alright, I think I can manage that :)

I'm guessing the leds will be white? Hoping the leds reflect the gold inside the board.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
Can't wait to start seeing what everyone got!!! One of the smoother GBs in a while :) well done Glitched.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk