Author Topic: Ducky Year of the Goat v1.05 and Shine 5 v1.07 firmware  (Read 13227 times)

Offline falkentyne

Ducky Year of the Goat v1.05 and Shine 5 v1.07 firmware
« on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 18:44:17 »
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=3EF835CB73592A44%21134

Credit goes to nodilis for the Shine 5 f/w
Shine 5 1.07 ISO added.

Fixed: FN+Space bar palette+repeating input issue
Fixed: Reactive mode Advanced dropping color inputs over time
Broken: Dip switches don't work (always defaulted to all off) unless activated while live (includes 6kro dip also)
Unfixed: Basic ripple mode adds the wrong color or color channel to some colors on the first vertical button row (blue to red, green to blue, white to cyan, etc)

Everything else seems fine.  Basic ripple mode still has the wrong color on the starting vertical column sometimes.
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 January 2016, 02:27:32 by falkentyne »

Offline yummyramen

Re: Ducky Year of the Goat v1.05 and Shine 5 v1.07 firmware
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 11:21:40 »
Anyone able to get this on their YOTG? Launching the 1.05 update freezes the app. Tried running it with and without admin privileges.

Running Windows 10 and have the 1.1.01 YOTG firmware.
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 January 2016, 11:27:42 by yummyramen »

Offline falkentyne

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 12:24:05 »
Windows 10 seems to cause all sorts of problems.
Friend had the same problem.  First it didn't detect the firmware.  Then he changed USB ports and it detected it and froze anyway.
He said he fixed it by running in compatibility mode and it worked fine.

Offline yummyramen

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 13:27:25 »
Thanks for the tip. Running in Windows 8 compatibility mode with admin privileges allowed it to push the update.

Offline frogthejam19

• Good Vibrations
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 10:30:55 »
Anyone want to sell or know where I can buy the Year of the Goat Ducky? It's the only Led Keyboard I actually like or want.
"All is Well"

Offline seville57

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 15:02:34 »
Anyone want to sell or know where I can buy the Year of the Goat Ducky? It's the only Led Keyboard I actually like or want.

You can take a look here: https://www.google.se/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwiv18HWlqXKAhVBOSwKHfcjAB4QFggbMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mechanicalkeyboards.co.id%2F&usg=AFQjCNFK6XIUBgUkOqrzDZQwkB6imdCvCg&bvm=bv.111396085,d.bGg

Yeah, it is a great k-board, I have a ANSI YOTG RGB k-board with Blacks.

Here in sweden you can only buy the ISO/Nordic YOTG RGB k-boards with Reds or Browns.

My Ducky RGB YOTG.

Here with Jukebox SA keycaps set. The 2 orange pumpkin caps don't belong to the Jukebox SA set.

falkentyne: I have not updated the firmeware.
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 January 2016, 15:34:16 by seville57 »

Offline falkentyne

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 15:42:15 »
As long as you have the Ansi version, definitely update.
The YOTG 1.05 says its ISO on the flasher but it's actually ANSI.  Pretty sure that's a typo by Ducky.  I don't know if it will work in the actual ISO version.  Has anyone tried to flash it into the ISO version?

Offline frogthejam19

• Good Vibrations
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 18:28:43 »
Anyone From Indonesia or Malay here that can help me avoid the outrageous fees for this?
Man I'm hoping these don't get sold out yet!
"All is Well"

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 22:49:52 »
Oh god, if only I saw this earlier.  My coworker bought Shine 5 to use with KVM at work.

But KVM only work with 6KRO and since the dip switch with 6KRO doesn't work so we couldn't get the keyboard to function and he had to return it.

If only we knew about this firmware fix then it would've been fine.

Sighhhh........

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline falkentyne

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 23:16:00 »
The firmware doesn't do anything to fix 6KRO with KVM if its broken before.
The dips are actually partially broken in the latest firmware.   They only work if you move the dips AFTER the keyboard is plugged in.  it's a bug in both of the latest firmwares.

The firmwares only fix:
1) Reactive Mode Advanced
2) FN+Spacebar +color palette+space repeat bug

I don't know of other fixes.  But the dips start in NKRO at all times even if you have it set to 6KRO when you plug it in on latest firmware.  If you want 6kro you have to move the dip down and back up again with it plugged in.

Offline codywanks

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 20:37:27 »
Anyone From Indonesia or Malay here that can help me avoid the outrageous fees for this?
Man I'm hoping these don't get sold out yet!

What fees are you referring to?

I'm from Malaysia if you need help with purchasing something

Offline codywanks

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 20:41:29 »
O/T: Are there any Ducky Shine 5 owners that happen to have a Ducky Legend as well?

Do you know if it would fit the Legend case?

Offline codywanks

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 08:18:36 »
Firmware updater doesn't work with my Shine 5  :(

It shows the current version fine (v1.04) but clicking "OK" just results in a 2-3 minute pause and nothing else

Offline DaveW

• zer0knowledge
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 10:03:30 »
Am I correct in assuming that the Shine 5 is different enough from the MK Disco that the firmware is completely different?

Offline falkentyne

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 11:43:53 »
Shine 5 ISO added.

Use compatibility mode or change to a USB 2 port if the update freezes, please.

Offline falkentyne

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 12:02:43 »
Am I correct in assuming that the Shine 5 is different enough from the MK Disco that the firmware is completely different?

Put it this way.
The Shine 5 and Year of the Goat firmware have the *EXACT SAME functionality* (even the bugs listed are identical), except the Shine 5 doesn't have mouse emulation on the number keypad, and the way the caps/scroll/num LED's work. and you can't flash a YOTG firmware into a shine 5 or vice versa, despite the PCBs being 100% identical except a few SMD LED's missing (the ones for the dedicated status light key indicators).

The Disco is TKL and doesn't even have all of the lighting modes.

Offline codywanks

« Reply #16 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 15:36:04 »

Thanks falk, Win98 compatibility mode solved it

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 16:29:37 »
The firmware doesn't do anything to fix 6KRO with KVM if its broken before.
The dips are actually partially broken in the latest firmware.   They only work if you move the dips AFTER the keyboard is plugged in.  it's a bug in both of the latest firmwares.

The firmwares only fix:
1) Reactive Mode Advanced
2) FN+Spacebar +color palette+space repeat bug

I don't know of other fixes.  But the dips start in NKRO at all times even if you have it set to 6KRO when you plug it in on latest firmware.  If you want 6kro you have to move the dip down and back up again with it plugged in.

That's unfortunate, was considering getting Ducky Shine 5 if the 6KRO mode works.

I need it for 2 things, my work has KVM and it will not accept NKRO mode, also my fiance has iMac which also doesn't accept NKRO mode.

So I guess I'll hold off from buying until they fix their dip switch.  :(

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline falkentyne

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 16:41:15 »
Shine 5 ISO firmware added.
Sorry still no ISO version of Year of the Goat 1.05+!  If anyone has it please send it to me for uploading!

Offline mrlooolz

« Reply #19 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 22:15:44 »
Shine 5 ISO added.

I just got a S5. I can't understand from the instructions how to work the dip swithces,  would you,?  I know what four does.  And thanks for the update!
Ducky Shine 5 w Mx Browns  | White fox w Zelio's purple 67g | Gateron Blank set

Current Aims: Jack O Lantern is my end game cap. Looking for one.
                                                   --> MrLooolz's Classified. <--

Offline falkentyne

« Reply #20 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 22:47:01 »
It's the pattern of up or down and where the "FN" key is located.

For example, Up, down down puts the FN key to replace some other key (I don't have the manual in front of me).
Down Up Down I think puts "FN" on left Alt (which turns right fn into the default Menu key).

The left side shows which pattern of on/off/on/off puts the FN key on left ctrl, alt or win, and the right side shows which pattern puts FN on right alt or win.
All 3 dips set to up disables the FN key completely.   (ON ON ON= fn disabled), OFF OFF OFF=default FN location.

Dips are partially broken in the latest firmwares; you have to move the dips while the keyboard is connected to the computer (which could cause damage, I don't know if that's safe or not) to make them turn on.  They default to all "off" if the keyboard is plugged in.

Offline mrlooolz

« Reply #21 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 00:10:39 »
Thank you so so much for this! I have been trying to get this and now it just seems so obv! you read the table in the manual vertical and not horizontally. Do you think I should update the firm ware? My MK literally just came in yesterday! I dint notice any issues with the spacebar!

Offline falkentyne

« Reply #22 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 00:48:53 »
Update the firmware on what?  the Shine 5 or the MK Disco?
Yes you should definitely update the firmware.  All current shine 5s have the bug with reactive mode advanced and the FN + Space bar unless Ducky shipped new firmware in the last batch or something.
It's not a problem with the spacebar ITSELF.  Its when you use FN+Spacebar to bring up the color palette selector.
Then you select a color NOT on the space bar, and THEN you press space afterwards.  The space bar will get stuck and infinitely repeat as if its held down, until you press it a second time.
A video of it was here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fu108qgynj4b8hm/MOV_0005.mp4?dl=0

The reactive mode advanced bug was a carryover from the same bug on the Shine 4, where a color would stop randomly color cycling and that color would shut off after X # of random presses (Probably caused by a key being set to a brightness of 0 during a press, just a complete guess)

Offline mrlooolz

« Reply #23 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 02:14:08 »
Hmm, I dint seem to notice the spacebar bug on the shine 5. Possibly already new firmware. Will test for the bug once I am hope!

Offline falkentyne

« Reply #24 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 02:28:18 »
ISO shine 5 1.07 added.  Ansi is available on ducky's download page (but not on their website yet).
http://www.duckychannel.net/download/

Offline codywanks

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 13:20:18 »
ISO shine 5 1.07 added.  Ansi is available on ducky's download page (but not on their website yet).

Looks like 1.08 is out, although not sure what the changes are...

http://www.duckychannel.net/download/Shine5/

Offline falkentyne

« Reply #26 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 15:30:04 »
1.08 fixed the broken dip switch functionality that 1.07 introduced (1.05 -> 1.06 on YOTG).  Both 1.07 and YOTG 1.05 fixed reactive mode advanced and the FN+Spacebar input issue, but caused a dipswitch problem.

The ducky programmer found an abnormal bug in 1.07 and 1.05 (Yotg) and he sent me the beta for 1.08 and 1.06 and I confirmed the dip switches work again.  Now they're good enough for general release.

Offline Detal

« Reply #27 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 16:16:06 »

Looks like 1.08 is out, although not sure what the changes are...

http://www.duckychannel.net/download/Shine5/

When I run 1.08 EU version it says the "Firmware language layout" is ANSI 108 keys. But i've got a Nordic Ducky. Must be a mistake, right? Also I run the program in compatibility mode with admin rights yet it never updates, just gets stuck doing nothing. I'll try shifting to a USB 2.0 port...

Offline falkentyne

« Reply #28 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 18:01:53 »
Hi,
Ignore the "Ansi 108 keys".  that's an error.  It's ISO.
I know this because I tried running the EU 108 just now for you and I get a "firmware layout error."
while the US 1.08 one works fine.

The Year of the Goat 1.05 beta version that Ducky sent to me also had an ID typo.  it said "ISO 109 keys" in the field even though I had an Ansi YOTG.  Yet it flashed perfectly fine and remained Ansi.  If your version were really the wrong version with what is coded on the keyboard, you would get a layout error.

The reason you're hanging is because of the USB port.
You either have to use compatibility mode (windows 7 if on windows 10), and since you said you did that already, then switch to a USB 2.0 port.  Also make sure all of the dip switches are set to down.

Offline Detal

« Reply #29 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 05:03:31 »
Thanks, moved to a USB 2.0 port with win 7 compatibility and it worked.  :thumb:

Offline falkentyne

« Reply #30 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 19:53:55 »
Locking this topic as Ducky has YOTG 1.06 and Shine 5 1.08 on their website and their download page.
The full changelog isn't there as the RGB color cycling and spacebar issues were fixed as I was beta testing previous builds
But everyone who has not updated their firmwares should update as there is no reason not to, plus some pretty nice bugs are fixed.

There are still a few minor bugs, probably the biggest one are the macros "play/pause" and "left mouse click" overwriting and duplicating each other if programmed in the same profile; this doesn't affect the hardwired numpad FN+0 left mouse click on the YOTG and One series but still affects it if its programmed as a macro.

There's also basic ripple mode's initial colors on the first column are wrong.

I'll also ask them in the future why raindrop mode has the LED's set to on at minimum brightness (dim white) when the color effect turns off.  This may be intentional or may not be; not going to bug them about that right now as that seems like I'm nagging.