Author Topic: St. Louis Rams is dead, long live Los Angeles Rams!  (Read 2555 times)

Offline VinnyCordeiro

St. Louis Rams is dead, long live Los Angeles Rams!
« on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 20:03:00 »
NFL site already have a page for the team: http://www.nfl.com/teams/losangelesrams/roster?team=RAM

The relocation was approved not long ago, the owners' votation have gone 30-2 for the relocation, with San Diego Chargers given the option to join the Rams at the Inglewood stadium. Problem is that the Chargers wants to go to Carson.

And the Raiders will receive a loan of 100 million dollars to help building a new stadium in Oakland.

SOURCE: Google News, updating it every 5 minutes.

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
Re: St. Louis Rams is dead, long live Los Angeles Rams!
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 20:03:35 »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 21:20:16 »
Yeah, like Cali needs another goddamn team. Greediest sports franchise state in America and even more amusing is most Californians I know hate their own teams.

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 21:23:40 »
I remember when the Oilers left Houston, so I know how you guys feel in St. Louis. Feelsbadman.gif

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 21:26:06 »
the only thing that matters is that i get to watch the niners play without having to go to the bay area
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 21:30:16 »
The NFL is ****ing mental.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 21:36:25 »
Can't wait to see this circus unfold.  What should we set the over/under for cost overruns on the new stadium?  $500 million?  Is that too low?  Okay, I'll set it at $750 million.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 21:43:25 »
Yeah, like Cali needs another goddamn team. Greediest sports franchise state in America and even more amusing is most Californians I know hate their own teams.
Most Californians are just as crazy about sports as most anyone else. The Californians you know just happen to be people with better taste; that’s a biased sample though, not reflective of the state population generally.

The reason LA is attractive to teams is that it’s one of the biggest/richest media markets in the country. It’s not the state which is greedy, but the sports team owners.

The reason the Rams moved from LA -> St. Louis in the 90s was that southern CA cities weren’t willing to waste huge amounts of tax money building the team a new stadium, whereas St. Louis was happy to bend over. St. Louis was still trying to throw money at the team last year to get it to stay, but the new owner is a real estate mogul who bought a bunch of land in SoCal near the new stadium, and the rest of the NFL owners are glad to have a team in LA, since that helps everyone’s bottom line.

Frankly St. Louis will be better off without these leeches.
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 January 2016, 21:55:43 by jacobolus »

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 21:44:45 »
The Oakland thing is ****ing ridiculous. Oakland already put a huge amount of money into renovating the stadium they are in now, 20 years ago. Nothing is ever enough for pro sports team owners though, hence the Raiders recent stunts.

Professional sports are a huge scam, diverting public money into the pockets of a handful of wealthy corporate owners. The public in general doesn’t get any return on the investment, it’s just an endless money hole.

Oakland should tell the Raiders to get bent, and should put the money into schools, police, housing, etc. instead.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/breaking-news/ci_29361743/oakland-has-millions-reasons-not-fund-new-raiders
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 January 2016, 22:05:43 by jacobolus »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 21:59:08 »
they should use that 100 million dorrah loan to fix up the city, not that stadium. not like the raiders are going to do anything but fail year after year.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 22:02:06 »
If I win the power ball ill buy a sports team and 1 clack  :thumb:

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 23:25:44 »
If I win the power ball ill buy a sports team and 1 clack  :thumb:

Plz don't change the name of the Redskins.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 10:54:55 »
Thank god the Rams are leaving instead of St Louis building that stadium.. there is no way we can afford to build the stadium they were planning

Offline slushi

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 12:16:46 »
hooray, we are better off!

HHKB Pro 2

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 18:12:40 »
In the words of Baseketball...
"The Rams moved from California, to Missouri and back, and no one in California noticed."

Personally, I think it's ridiculous that a city the size of St. Louis thinks they can support 3 major professional teams, plus stadiums.  However, I can't imagine why in the hell you would plan on putting a stadium in Inglewood.

Clip
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 January 2016, 18:18:55 by Leslieann »
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 23:06:42 »
Can't wait to see this circus unfold.  What should we set the over/under for cost overruns on the new stadium?  $500 million?  Is that too low?  Okay, I'll set it at $750 million.

Try 1.8 billion.  It is planned as a mega complex on the old Hollywood Park grounds next to The Fabulous Forum.  It will be a lot more than just the stadium itself.  Think Staples Center + LA Live but probably a bit larger scale.  A 6000 seat venue is planned in addition to the stadium for performing arts.  There's also plans for retail, parks, a hotel, a movie theater, and possibly more - some older plans called for housing as well.

http://abc7.com/news/construction-underway-at-site-of-la-rams-new-home-in-inglewood/1157824/
http://la.curbed.com/archives/2016/01/nfl_stadium_inglewood_los_angeles_rams.php

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 02:53:01 »
All of that... For the Rams...

Read that last part again and let it sink in... FOR THE RAMS.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 04:49:35 »

And yet Jeff Fisher still keep his job.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 11:18:23 »

Well the niners will come down so it'll be worth it.

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 11:22:29 »

They may be a bad team ( they were my bad team :( ) , but they will still sell out and make a bunch of money in LA, and that is all that really matters..

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 18:51:08 »

They may be a bad team ( they were my bad team :( ) , but they will still sell out and make a bunch of money in LA, and that is all that really matters..
A bunch of money... They left L.A. for St. Louis for "a bunch of money.

I remember when they left L.A., I lived there. I know how L.A. treats sports teams compared to the midwest, frankly, a team is stupid for going there. If population = money, L.A. and New York would dominate every sport... and I don't have to be a sports fan to know how that works out in L.A.'s favor.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #21 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 20:27:26 »

A bunch of money... They left L.A. for St. Louis for "a bunch of money.

I remember when they left L.A., I lived there. I know how L.A. treats sports teams compared to the midwest, frankly, a team is stupid for going there. If population = money, L.A. and New York would dominate every sport... and I don't have to be a sports fan to know how that works out in L.A.'s favor.

What Kroenke wants out of this isn't just the Rams moving to LA.  He wants the megaplex he's building.  It's not just the stadium for the Rams.  It's planned to be used for hosting other things (NCAA stuff, Superbowl, etc.) and has been enclosed to ensure year-round use.  He's got a 6000 seat stadium for other events.  Housing, hotels, restaurants, and parks are all planned for that area.  That's in addition to the stadium that is being built to house two teams as their home field.  He wants a ton of money coming in from non-Rams things in addition to the Rams.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 23:04:58 »
What Kroenke wants out of this isn't just the Rams moving to LA.  He wants the megaplex he's building.  It's not just the stadium for the Rams.  It's planned to be used for hosting other things (NCAA stuff, Superbowl, etc.) and has been enclosed to ensure year-round use.  He's got a 6000 seat stadium for other events.  Housing, hotels, restaurants, and parks are all planned for that area.  That's in addition to the stadium that is being built to house two teams as their home field.  He wants a ton of money coming in from non-Rams things in addition to the Rams.

It's not his to make money off if he doesn't pay for it to be built, which he isn't as far as I know. St. Louis was the same situation, he was paying rent. He may put several businesses in there, but he won't own the stadium or other buildings without paying for them.

As for it being enclosed for other events, so was the Jones Dome where they were playing.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #23 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 23:12:31 »
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 January 2016, 23:15:42 by jacobolus »

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #24 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 00:11:04 »

It's not his to make money off if he doesn't pay for it to be built, which he isn't as far as I know. St. Louis was the same situation, he was paying rent. He may put several businesses in there, but he won't own the stadium or other buildings without paying for them.

As for it being enclosed for other events, so was the Jones Dome where they were playing.

Kroenke is footing the bill for the entire complex himself.  The tax payers are not paying for this stadium complex.

And, yes, the Jones Dome was enclosed but this new stadium will be the only enclosed stadium in the greater Los Angeles area in an attempt to try and draw additional acts to use the stadium year-round.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #25 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 02:07:04 »
If that's the case, then he never had any intention of staying in St. Louis.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #26 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 02:30:40 »
That’s been obvious all along. He bought all the land in SoCal about 2 years ago.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #27 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 16:40:22 »
That’s been obvious all along. He bought all the land in SoCal about 2 years ago.
Apparently it wasn't obvious to those in St. Louis, they were all but throwing money at him.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #28 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 00:51:19 »
Apparently it wasn't obvious to those in St. Louis, they were all but throwing money at him.

They knew.  He wasn't exactly quiet about it.  St. Louis was simply trying to put together an attractive enough offer to get the Rams to stay.  The combination of a team in Los Angeles along with the stadium complex that the NFL wants for Los Angeles was tough for St. Louis to overcome.  St. Louis put together a plan for a $1.1b stadium but it wasn't enough to entice the Rams to stay in St. Louis.