Author Topic: Hi! Hello!  (Read 1904 times)

Offline THEBADGUY

Hi! Hello!
« on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 04:15:09 »
Been lurking around here on Geekhack since 2013, but never ever posted anything!
So here goes i guess!

Im a 27 year old man(boy) from Sweden, and my name is Nicklas!
Started my mech career with a Steelseries 6gV2 back in 2010 i think. And i was sold. It was such a great feeling really. So yeah, now im really hooked with mech keyboards.
Right now im using a Ducky G2pro and a Ducky YOTH, both with MX Green. And i love it.

So yeah, thats me! If you want know more, just say so!

///Nicklas

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
Re: Hi! Hello!
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 04:17:09 »
Manly man. MX greens too stronk for me.

Welcome!
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 23:46:42 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

MX greens are great, one of my favourite switches!  Along with blacks, clears, buckling spring, Topre, ... :))

Do you find that you bottom out all the time with greens?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline THEBADGUY

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 00:46:09 »
Manly man. MX greens too stronk for me.

Welcome!
Haha! Every other switch is waaaay too light. Ive tried all the others, but always comes back to MX Green.
Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome to Geekhack!

MX greens are great, one of my favourite switches!  Along with blacks, clears, buckling spring, Topre, ... :))

First of all, thanks for the welcome!

Yeah i love MX Greens, the feeling of them is just.....great. No other switch is this perfect for me haha.
Never tried a Topre keyboard, but hopefully i will do that soon enough!

Not all the time. I mostly bottom out when i play games. Rarely when im only typing.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 02:58:48 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Yeah i love MX Greens, the feeling of them is just.....great. No other switch is this perfect for me haha.

Not all the time. I mostly bottom out when i play games. Rarely when im only typing.

If you like MX greens, maybe you'll like buckling springs ;)

Gaming generally uses only a few keys, and subconsciously we believe that the harder we press the keys the more force our punch/shot/jump will have in the game.

Or is that just me? :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline THEBADGUY

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 13:49:13 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Gaming generally uses only a few keys, and subconsciously we believe that the harder we press the keys the more force our punch/shot/jump will have in the game.

No, you are not alone! I think the same haha. Dont know why, but it just happends.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 03:35:26 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

No, you are not alone! I think the same haha. Dont know why, but it just happends.

I lean forward in my chair when I'm jumping in a game sometimes, but I'm not going to tell anyone that.