Author Topic: Nightcaps: | | |  (Read 45387985 times)

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
Re: Nightcaps: THE MYSTERIOUS ME@TS...Oct 19th 3pm Pacific
« Reply #4600 on: Thu, 20 October 2016, 16:54:21 »
It is almost time!!!!
Biking is fun.

Offline kawasaki161

Re: Nightcaps: THE MYSTERIOUS ME@TS...Raffle closed!
« Reply #4601 on: Thu, 20 October 2016, 17:03:17 »
GL to everyone, I'm not going to win in this, as I've already used up my luck in the Bro raffle (even used too much, causing major shipping problems with my Skeletor set that is currently MIA).

Offline bbmathlvr

« Reply #4602 on: Thu, 20 October 2016, 17:06:04 »
GL to everyone who entered!

Out of curiosity does requesting more caps change your likelihood of winning? Or does the raffle just pick someone, give them the caps they want and move on to the next person until the caps are gone? Or is it some raffle style that I'm not considering?
Probably TeX'ing right now.

Offline olieatstofu

« Reply #4603 on: Thu, 20 October 2016, 17:07:17 »
Ok, I'm in and so is my girlfriend please!

Offline toms

• portfolio
« Reply #4604 on: Thu, 20 October 2016, 17:07:55 »

Out of curiosity does requesting more caps change your likelihood of winning? Or does the raffle just pick someone, give them the caps they want and move on to the next person until the caps are gone? Or is it some raffle style that I'm not considering?

He mentioned earlier that he just randomizes the order or something, and goes down the list giving out caps. Adding more caps does not hurt your chance, but if you win it will hurt everyone else's I guess. Signed up for 7 though, no shame.

If you are last on the list, then you might not receive all of the caps you signed up for because there wouldn't be enough.

Offline johntron25

« Reply #4605 on: Thu, 20 October 2016, 18:46:47 »
Pardon if this question have been answered, When will the winners be declared?

Offline Jpecina

« Reply #4606 on: Thu, 20 October 2016, 18:48:50 »

Winners aren't announced. Invoices will go out and if you get one then you've been chosen. Then you come back and brag, that's how we can tell who won:)

Offline kenlee

« Reply #4607 on: Thu, 20 October 2016, 18:49:05 »
Tomorrow ring ring ring

Offline johntron25

« Reply #4608 on: Thu, 20 October 2016, 18:50:59 »
Tomorrow ring ring ring

ooooh. Thanks, i'm slowly learning.

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #4609 on: Thu, 20 October 2016, 19:10:08 »
Then you come back and brag, that's how we can tell who won:)

Assuming everyone only brags about winning. I brag when I lose to make myself feel better about losing. "Saves money", "can enter multiple raffles with reckless abandon", "maintaining the ole losing streak." And you can be damn sure I'll be back here bragging again if I don't win!

edit: then again you can still tell who won. ;p
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 October 2016, 19:38:17 by fatpolomanjr »
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline xninetynine

« Reply #4610 on: Thu, 20 October 2016, 19:25:04 »
PLS 9/9

Offline frostylove

« Reply #4611 on: Thu, 20 October 2016, 21:47:30 »
GL everyone ^-^
Gimme some fugu plz ^-^ ^-^ ^-^
Suhr Custom Standard Carve Top
Manson DL-1 Matt Bellamy Signature
Marshall JVM410H + 1960A
Lovepedal Kanji Enternity

Offline jjwax

« Reply #4612 on: Thu, 20 October 2016, 22:21:24 »
Good luck everyone!  I'll be watching my email like a HAWK tomorrow!

Offline Omnipotent

« Reply #4613 on: Thu, 20 October 2016, 23:33:39 »
Good luck everyone!  I'll be watching my email like a HAWK tomorrow!
Agreeed, hahaha. The anticipation is killing me.

Good luck everyone!
AKA: /u/io2red on /r/mk
, Ducky YotM, Anne Pro, & Plum84 RGB (35g) | Waiting on: KBD75, & Keycaps.
Wanted:
More
Unknown :).

Offline bbmathlvr

« Reply #4614 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 00:41:47 »

He mentioned earlier that he just randomizes the order or something, and goes down the list giving out caps. Adding more caps does not hurt your chance, but if you win it will hurt everyone else's I guess. Signed up for 7 though, no shame.

If you are last on the list, then you might not receive all of the caps you signed up for because there wouldn't be enough.

Thanks! What you described is exactly what I was thinking would happen. Signed up for 4 (2 T, 2 MX) and I'm hoping to get at least the Topre caps but all 4 would be even better. I wish that raffles spread the love a bit more and gave 1 out to everyone before going back for double. But as a shipper it makes so much more sense to ship in bundles. I hate putting together more than like 3 orders so i can only imagine putting >100 together!
Probably TeX'ing right now.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4615 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 00:49:56 »
INVOICE

not
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #4616 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 01:50:10 »
prayin to eggman right now
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline jaczac

« Reply #4617 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 02:21:10 »
gonna go eat an egg for luck

Offline renzpwns

• I didn't like money in my wallet anyways.
« Reply #4618 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 03:16:06 »
Didn't join this round but good luck everyone.  :thumb:

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4619 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 03:59:08 »

buy some eggs, pray at them bb
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #4620 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 06:09:21 »

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4621 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 09:10:02 »

Screw the eggs, I'm praying to the Meat Gods for this one!
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #4622 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 10:08:12 »

But which came first, the egg or the meat?

Offline braidn

« Reply #4623 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 11:42:55 »
Eggs OVER meat

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4624 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 12:10:27 »

Meat lays the egg, so definitely meat.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline Gatix

• #!/bin/sh
  • console.log
« Reply #4625 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 12:20:45 »

But where does meat come from?

Offline pinkizhip

• No, you're a towel.
    • Prime Caps
« Reply #4626 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 12:48:44 »

But where does meat come from?

Eggman would be a mutated offspring of two other meats. That's how the food chain goes right?
Check out our Artisan keys at Primecaps.ca

Offline jjwax

« Reply #4627 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 12:48:52 »

I went in for the full 9 (no shame here), but It'd be a bummer if the first 30 winners all had a high number of caps and that was it :(

Offline Vox_PT

« Reply #4628 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 13:47:54 »
I only went for 2 bags since I've spend quite a lot on keeb related stuff recently (won two other artisan raffles, 3 keycaps total and pre-ordered a new board) but I hope all these meaty caps don't all go to the people who were in for 7-8-9 bags...

Are the invoices rolling out already?

Offline gohono3

« Reply #4629 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 13:48:44 »
Even with my bologna thinking cap, I can't seem to wrap my head around the mystery of the meats.

Offline wishful_cynic

« Reply #4630 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 13:59:19 »
I only went for 2 bags since I've spend quite a lot on keeb related stuff recently (won two other artisan raffles, 3 keycaps total and pre-ordered a new board) but I hope all these meaty caps don't all go to the people who were in for 7-8-9 bags...

I haven't seen anyone post about receiving an invoice yet, so I would assume that invoices have not yet gone out.  Every time I've seen there's a new post in this thread I've been checking to see if it's about a received invoice.  Based on prior sales, I'd expect invoices to begin going out this evening, PST.

Also, I don't think the sales are biased in favor of high rollers.  I've heard from others that ETF's process is entirely random.  Of course, if RNG stacks high rollers at the top of the invoice distribution list, then he won't make it as far down the list.

Offline JMD

• All we want is happiness.
    • Mech Keys
« Reply #4631 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 14:00:04 »
I haven't got an invoice yet. Did they go out yet? I keep refreshing my email inbox in the hopes I can win a raffle finally lol
- mechkeys - ca -

Offline olieatstofu

« Reply #4632 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 14:03:58 »
pretty pretty please!

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #4633 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 14:21:29 »

I haven't seen anyone post about receiving an invoice yet, so I would assume that invoices have not yet gone out.  Every time I've seen there's a new post in this thread I've been checking to see if it's about a received invoice.  Based on prior sales, I'd expect invoices to begin going out this evening, PST.

Also, I don't think the sales are biased in favor of high rollers.  I've heard from others that ETF's process is entirely random.  Of course, if RNG stacks high rollers at the top of the invoice distribution list, then he won't make it as far down the list.

I'm pretty sure with RNG it is completely random but I could be wrong. I have no idea what site or program ETF uses for the RNG. I hope it isn't the case that it is somehow stacked against the people who have smaller orders, I only entered for 2 if I get chose. I highly doubt it is though TBH, if I were in ETF's shoes I would want my work to get out to more people rather than ended up hoarded by a few.

Offline wishful_cynic

« Reply #4634 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 14:29:30 »

I'm pretty sure with RNG it is completely random but I could be wrong. I have no idea what site or program ETF uses for the RNG. I hope it isn't the case that it is somehow stacked against the people who have smaller orders, I only entered for 2 if I get chose. I highly doubt it is though TBH, if I were in ETF's shoes I would want my work to get out to more people rather than ended up hoarded by a few.

Yeah, that's my understanding, no bias, completely random.

Offline Omnipotent

« Reply #4635 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 14:34:23 »

I would agree with that. My hopes are that ETF picks a random number, then adds 1 bag to the person associated to that number, and moves on to the next number. If the same number appears two or more times, then that person wins two or more bags depending on how many are picked.

This way everyone has the same chances to win. And those that win several got even more lucky. More people would get the caps overall, and the people that want to get multiple still have chances of getting multiple.

That being said, I went in for 9 hoping to get as many as possible. If I am given the choice for all 9, I will let you guys know. I have no Nightcaps, so if I win these will be the first one(s) added to my collection. :)
AKA: /u/io2red on /r/mk
, Ducky YotM, Anne Pro, & Plum84 RGB (35g) | Waiting on: KBD75, & Keycaps.
Wanted:
More
Unknown :).

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #4636 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 14:43:55 »
Whoah, so many people going for 9. I would have done the same tbh, but Bro took my funds for that.

Offline zacheadams

• Friendly Neighborhood Keyboard Enthusiast
« Reply #4637 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 14:45:53 »
My hopes are that ETF picks a random number, then adds 1 bag to the person associated to that number, and moves on to the next number. If the same number appears two or more times, then that person wins two or more bags depending on how many are picked.

Pretty sure he said that this exact process is NOT how this sale goes, that if you get picked in RNG, you get exactly how many you requested, with the exception of if you are the last person picked and there are not enough left to meet your request -- in that case you will get as many as are left.

Offline ensulyn

• I make sawdust
« Reply #4638 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 15:01:07 »
My hopes are that ETF picks a random number, then adds 1 bag to the person associated to that number, and moves on to the next number. If the same number appears two or more times, then that person wins two or more bags depending on how many are picked.

Pretty sure he said that this exact process is NOT how this sale goes, that if you get picked in RNG, you get exactly how many you requested, with the exception of if you are the last person picked and there are not enough left to meet your request -- in that case you will get as many as are left.

This is correct, and how the majority of artisans i have seen deal with raffles.

Offline toms

• portfolio
« Reply #4639 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 15:15:09 »

my inbox right now...

Offline shinz0

• i was told there would be cake
« Reply #4640 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 15:28:51 »

This is correct, and how the majority of artisans i have seen deal with raffles.

I believe it's much more efficient for the artist this way and i'm totally fine with that.

I've seen people question the artisans' methods for choosing winners (ETF and KK come to mind). It's not like being a cap maker is their bread and butter. They work on their artistry after they've gotten off from slaving away at their day jobs. Can you imagine how much the time required would increase if they had to dole out the caps individually and ship (inevitably more packages) with this method? To ship 400 packages rather than 80? I'd much rather have the artisans spend the extra time with their loved ones, working on improving themselves, or just living their own lives.

Offline ensulyn

• I make sawdust
« Reply #4641 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 16:26:29 »

I believe it's much more efficient for the artist this way and i'm totally fine with that.

I've seen people question the artisans' methods for choosing winners (ETF and KK come to mind). It's not like being a cap maker is their bread and butter. They work on their artistry after they've gotten off from slaving away at their day jobs. Can you imagine how much the time required would increase if they had to dole out the caps individually and ship (inevitably more packages) with this method? To ship 400 packages rather than 80? I'd much rather have the artisans spend the extra time with their loved ones, working on improving themselves, or just living their own lives.

I agree, except that now depression is setting in for me as my email is left with inheritances from African princes i didn't know i was related to and Viagra ads...... sigh, the wait continues.

Offline Suembeaux

Re: Nightcaps: THE MYSTERIOUS ME@TS.. Invoices going out now!
« Reply #4642 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 16:56:24 »
PAID PAID PAID

Hype
A bunch of stuff. Someone teach me how to properly solder.

/u/Shartastical

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #4643 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 16:57:57 »
PAID PAID PAID

Hype

Congrats! I'm sitting here with my fingers crossed.
Biking is fun.

Offline vegs

« Reply #4644 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 17:01:10 »
:pray:
hhkb | hhkb bt | cherry g80-5000 | haus | unikorn se

buy less

Offline FunTyme

• Formerly known as Edrylle
« Reply #4645 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 17:02:26 »
Paid ! First raffle win EYYYYYY

hbcp

Offline theanyday

• love love love
« Reply #4646 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 17:09:38 »
Paid and pray, my wallet is hurting!  :eek:  ;D
MIRA SE | White Fox w/ 67g Zealios | POK3R w/ Blues | K70 w/ Browns | Planck w/ Greens | NovaTouch TKL

Offline jjanssen1

« Reply #4647 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 17:10:28 »
Paid  :)
IBM Model M 1386303

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #4648 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 17:23:16 »
Wowwww, HUGE win ! Considering some of the L's I've taken recently this made my day. Paid & Thank you ETF~~

∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline Swatman

« Reply #4649 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 17:29:43 »
invoice paid!