Author Topic: Nightcaps: | | |  (Read 45387851 times)

Offline rotciveel

• Fugu Curator Extraordinaire
Re: Nightcaps: Prismatic Spray Raffle - Opens Tuesday the 21st
« Reply #6300 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 08:16:01 »

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
« Reply #6301 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 08:50:43 »
Man 2 green fugus I'm ready for this

Two green? I only saw one. I wish there was at least one other green shade that matched Terminal better, instead of all the yellow shades (especially when lemon already exists).

Still, they look great!

Edit: ah - I see the other lime green/yellow. Wish that was a tad more greener for Terminal.
I agree with this. If there were a Terminal green I would be in. I will most likely sit this raffle out though..

I'm not complaining, because I like some of the colors, however, there appear to be shades missing for a lot of interesting keysets...
  • GMK Terminal: wrong shade of green
  • GMK Plum: no cream or plum
  • SA 1976: no cyan/teal (no brown, but that's not usually part of prism) < this is disappointing, would have been so cool to get a match for this set
  • SA Penumbra/Nantucket: no dark blue < I suppose we have Nantucket classics

On the plus side, we have oranges for both GMK Carbon and Skidata, that were pretty much unobtainable colorways before. Also, the deep pink might go well with GMK Laser.

Offline ejewell89

• 4ever Smol
« Reply #6302 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 09:00:36 »

Two green? I only saw one. I wish there was at least one other green shade that matched Terminal better, instead of all the yellow shades (especially when lemon already exists).

Still, they look great!

Edit: ah - I see the other lime green/yellow. Wish that was a tad more greener for Terminal.
I agree with this. If there were a Terminal green I would be in. I will most likely sit this raffle out though..

I'm not complaining, because I like some of the colors, however, there appear to be shades missing for a lot of interesting keysets...
  • SA 1976: no cyan/teal (no brown, but that's not usually part of prism) < this is disappointing, would have been so cool to get a match for this set

On the plus side, we have oranges for both GMK Carbon and Skidata, that were pretty much unobtainable colorways before. Also, the deep pink might go well with GMK Laser.

Black goes with terminal.
Weak peach with plum.
Shoals for 1976 or yellow or red.
Weak peach again for penumbra
Yellow. Red. Or navy for nantucket.

Thats just off hand not looking at the catalog.

I think as a whole the community is getting too picky about nightcaps. We're all very fortunate to be getting mostly monthly raffles from ETF. and some of the sets aren't shipping anytime soon. That's plenty of opportunity for matching keps.

If there's one thing I'm learning from this hobby above all else. It's patience. Most of these cap makers don't only make caps for a living and I think that gets forgotten. :)

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
Nightcaps: Prismatic Spray Raffle - Opens Tuesday the 21st
« Reply #6303 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 09:03:05 »

Still, they look great!

Weak peach with plum.

I think as a whole the community is getting too picky about nightcaps. We're all very fortunate to be getting mostly monthly raffles from ETF. and some of the sets aren't shipping anytime soon. That's plenty of opportunity for matching keps.

If there's one thing I'm learning from this hobby above all else. It's patience. Most of these cap makers don't only make caps for a living and I think that gets forgotten. :)

Yes those are good matches with previous releases. As I said, I'm not complaining. I like many of the colors.

And yes: patience is definitely required for this hobby. I've learned that lesson the hard way. =)

Cheers!

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline Tally810

« Reply #6305 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 09:12:59 »
I got many shades of green so I'm all good with any of them...
Toxic and troubled minds https://imgur.com/a/zdeAD and some other green https://imgur.com/gallery/YhT35

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
« Reply #6306 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 09:31:54 »
Toxic and troubled minds https://imgur.com/a/zdeAD and some other green https://imgur.com/gallery/YhT35

Cool chair!

Offline Tally810

« Reply #6307 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 09:33:46 »

Cool chair!
Thanks.  My 6 year old got if for me last year for Father's day.  Wasn't my style at first but it's so ****ing comfortable and now I love it...

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
« Reply #6308 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 09:35:43 »

Cool chair!
Thanks.  My 6 year old got if for me last year for Father's day.  Wasn't my style at first but it's so ****ing comfortable and now I love it...

Matches your Toxic set. Maybe you'll start the keyset/chair pairing trend. =)

Offline Tally810

« Reply #6309 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 09:47:36 »

Cool chair!

Matches your Toxic set. Maybe you'll start the keyset/chair pairing trend. =)
That's could get expensive lol.... well more expensive than it already is

Offline bthezebra

« Reply #6310 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 10:12:58 »
Cannot wait!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6311 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 10:23:18 »

Still, they look great!

Weak peach with plum.

I love that ETF is trying to put Fugu in the hands of all the people that want them.

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
« Reply #6312 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 10:51:23 »

Still, they look great!

Weak peach with plum.

I love that ETF is trying to put Fugu in the hands of all the people that want them.

Totally agree. Having just started in this hobby in Jan, I would probably not have been been able to collect a few nice Fugu if he didn't make as many as he did in the B&B sale. Trading a few of those was how I got my first 1.5 Fugu.

Offline ejewell89

• 4ever Smol
« Reply #6313 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 10:53:43 »

Still, they look great!

Weak peach with plum.

Totally agree. Having just started in this hobby in Jan, I would probably not have been been able to collect a few nice Fugu if he didn't make as many as he did in the B&B sale. Trading a few of those was how I got my first 1.5 Fugu.

Ayyyyy! Haven't left my board since they came in the mail. :D

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
« Reply #6314 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 11:01:19 »

Still, they look great!

Weak peach with plum.

Ayyyyy! Haven't left my board since they came in the mail. :D

You are my Fugu guru. =)

Offline PQStarLord

« Reply #6315 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 11:06:54 »
I'm going to try and get hold of blue, pink, yellow and purple for my CMYperfuse board!  Currently got Skullthulus on there but it would be cool to have some more choice!

Offline need

« Reply #6316 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 11:19:20 »

Still, they look great!

Unless you commission the artist, I don't think it's fair to ask for this much. I'm glad etf went with whatever color combination he likes, and not being stifled by the rules given by existing keysets. I mean his works are among the most inventive use of colors out there.

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
« Reply #6317 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 11:30:53 »

Still, they look great!

Unless you commission the artist, I don't think it's fair to ask for this much. I'm glad etf went with whatever color combination he likes, and not being stifled by the rules given by existing keysets. I mean his works are among the most inventive use of colors out there.

Was only an observation, not a request or complaint.

As I said in my post, I love some of these new colors, and there are matches for some great existing and upcoming sets. =)
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 February 2017, 11:48:58 by rmendis »

Offline smithyithy

• a l p s
« Reply #6318 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 11:34:18 »
Oh man the green one would look perfect on GMK Coniferous..

I think green will be my summer theme  :cool:
KBD75; Alps64 trio; some other stuff

Offline sinkingstepz

« Reply #6319 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 13:48:02 »
these are great, would love some single shot Puppet Masters and Bomb Kings as well

Offline SirPony

• EHHHH All Caps Come @ me
« Reply #6320 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 15:16:09 »
mmmmmm excited

Offline smithyithy

• a l p s
« Reply #6321 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 16:33:54 »
Sorry if it's already been mentioned but is this a 24 hour sale?

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #6322 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 16:34:47 »
Sorry if it's already been mentioned but is this a 24 hour sale?

I would assume it will be based on the past raffles.

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #6323 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 17:38:31 »
in for 12 tbh

Offline jal

• I can't believe it's not gravy!
« Reply #6324 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 18:57:02 »
Is this still happening today? I don't think I missed a post, but man, you folks are chatty. It is possible I did.

Offline mniels

« Reply #6325 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 18:58:05 »
Is this still happening today? I don't think I missed a post, but man, you folks are chatty. It is possible I did.

Says it opens tomorrow....

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #6326 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 19:00:23 »
tomorrow like tomorrow midnight?

Offline mniels

« Reply #6327 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 19:02:54 »
tomorrow like tomorrow midnight?

The only info I can find is in the post title:

" Topic: Nightcaps: Prismatic Spray Raffle - Opens Tuesday the 21st "

Nothing more than that.

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
« Reply #6328 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 19:35:37 »
these are great, would love some single shot Puppet Masters and Bomb Kings as well

+1

Offline noobas4urus

• Mod Munky of another realm
    • The Mod Zoo
« Reply #6329 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 19:49:07 »
We need more people talking about GMK Yellow Submarine and GMK Nana Peel.  Also the the criminally underrated GMK Banana Slug.  Bring on the yellow.
"You miss 100% of the raffles you don't enter."
-Wayne Gretzky

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #6330 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 20:10:37 »

Offline smithyithy

• a l p s
« Reply #6331 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 02:43:07 »
We need more people talking about GMK Yellow Submarine and GMK Nana Peel.  Also the the criminally underrated GMK Banana Slug.  Bring on the yellow.

Someone mock up a nice yellow keyset, quick!

Offline P1kas

• AKA Crono
« Reply #6332 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 08:23:49 »
My wallet is (kind of) ready for these new Fugus. Love this batch's colors!
There is no such thing as "too much orange."

Offline met3or

• instagram
« Reply #6333 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 08:27:18 »
My wallet is (kind of) ready for these new Fugus. Love this batch's colors!

My wallet is going to have to be.  Need some Fugu's in my life  :D
Leopold FC660C / Vortex Pok3r / CM STORM XT

Offline galakcy

« Reply #6334 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 08:28:47 »
I'm also ready !  hope it does not open too late (in french time ).

Offline ejewell89

• 4ever Smol
« Reply #6335 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 08:29:54 »

They are normally 24h raffles and are not FCFS so don't trouble yourself too much. :)

Offline galakcy

« Reply #6336 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 08:31:52 »

They are normally 24h raffles and are not FCFS so don't trouble yourself too much. :)

Good to see that ;) thanks

Offline fathovercats

« Reply #6337 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 08:51:27 »
Excited to try for my first fugu :)))))))))))))))))))))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
« Reply #6338 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 09:14:51 »
I just need more purple in my life.

Offline met3or

• instagram
« Reply #6339 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 09:15:21 »

This is quite the relief, as being in EU timezones it's quite easy to miss these, and wake up to some overnight sales been & gone!  :))
Leopold FC660C / Vortex Pok3r / CM STORM XT

Offline Kradev113

« Reply #6340 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 10:50:42 »
Hi, does anybody knows if etf ships his keys worldwide ? I just moved recently but my love for these caps is unchanged! Thanks in advance.

Offline Asciana

« Reply #6341 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 11:01:19 »
Hi, does anybody knows if etf ships his keys worldwide ? I just moved recently but my love for these caps is unchanged! Thanks in advance.

Seems to. I live in the UK and have received keys from him.

Offline xyverz

« Reply #6342 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 11:02:44 »
I'm anxiously awaiting this one going live. My wallet is ... somewhat ready, I think.

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #6343 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 11:05:06 »

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #6344 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 11:10:51 »

Still, they look great!

pls

I can tell by your comment that you need MOAR YELLOW in your life. I mean just look at these magnificent bastards:

Show Image

You'll be upset once GMK Cavendish comes out along with GMK Nana Peel and GMK Yellow Submarine  ;)

those yellowssssssss~  :p  was a huge fan of lemon kollapse, but could never find lemon kid  :'(

cant wait to see dem various shades
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline b_adl_y

Re: Nightcaps: Prismatic Spray Raffle - Opens Tuesday the 21st 5pm PT
« Reply #6345 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 11:28:39 »
It's happening! First Fugu!

Offline AuthenticDanger

« Reply #6346 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 11:30:08 »
Very hyped for this raffle. Trying to score my first Fugu!
F Keys belong on the left.

Offline CallMeMaybe

« Reply #6347 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 11:31:13 »
bring on the fugus, :p

Offline hjilp

« Reply #6348 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 11:32:03 »
Good luck everyone!

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit