Author Topic: Something  (Read 3933 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Something
« on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 04:12:17 »
I can't remember what I was going to start a thread on.

Can anyone help?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
Re: Something
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 04:17:29 »
is drunken skull no longer your favorite clack  :'(

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 04:29:38 »
Rowdy eating the lead paint chips again?

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 05:00:13 »
Your favourite colour is no longer yellow and you're giving away all your yellow caps

Offline iri

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 05:02:13 »
You already have your personal thread in this section mate.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 05:15:08 »

Can anyone help?

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=79537.0
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 05:16:28 »
milk and biscuits

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 18:23:37 »
None of the above rings a bell.

Still can't remember.

Although I did dream that someone had a green artisan keycap, probably a Clack, and ground it down to a fine powder, then asked me to take it somewhere.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 18:35:41 »

Can anyone help?

Just do a random roll and let TP4 give you a topic.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 22:13:00 »

Can anyone help?

I'm not THAT desperate! :eek:

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 22:20:07 »

Can anyone help?

Haven't been around as long as many other members, obviously, but I have noticed tp's thread making. Perhaps we should make a thread called "What thread will tp4tissue make today? (The thread about what thread tp4tissue will make today.)"

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 22:21:20 »
vegemite thread, go!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 22:47:36 »
vegemite thread, go!

I had vegemite on toast for breakfast today :)

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 00:55:55 »
vegemite thread, go!

nice. I have yet to try that, to be honest. admittedly I don't get vegemite, but marmite.
but I use it quite a bit in cooking, adds a very savoury quality to stews and such without tasting too strongly of plain vegemite/marmite.
do aussies do that too, or just toast?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 03:17:16 »
vegemite thread, go!

nice. I have yet to try that, to be honest. admittedly I don't get vegemite, but marmite.
but I use it quite a bit in cooking, adds a very savoury quality to stews and such without tasting too strongly of plain vegemite/marmite.
do aussies do that too, or just toast?

I can't cook, so I just put it on toast.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 03:49:49 »
oh, darn. that's troublesome. you ought to learn!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 04:11:53 »

The opportunity to put any learning in that area into practice would be extremely limited.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 04:38:41 »
i think you were going to do a guest post on my blog
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 05:15:30 »

The opportunity to put any learning in that area into practice would be extremely limited.

why :( cooking is fun

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 07:25:18 »

What is this, cooking?

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 10:15:15 »

What is this, cooking?

for maximum fun always to remember to top off with a little crème fraiche  ^-^

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 20:03:47 »

My daughter is a very fussy eater, and my other half has already tried my "cooking".  She didn't think much of it.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 21:42:30 »

My daughter is a very fussy eater, and my other half has already tried my "cooking".  She didn't think much of it.

aww. well you will never unlock the full potential of the vegemite like this.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 03:54:25 »
Here's a little something I found today ion my travels ...

More
128301-0

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 04:18:51 »
Something else too.

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #25 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 03:29:33 »

More

Something else too.

Somethingness

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #26 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 19:44:24 »

More

Something else too.

Somethingness

Such somethingability.

I wish there were more standard building types in Minecraft villages 'cause I suck as making houses.