Author Topic: GH members in Baltics?  (Read 2183 times)

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
GH members in Baltics?
« on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 03:23:33 »
Hi!

Recently I have been wondering how many of us live in the Baltics (Latvia/Estonia/Lithuania)?

I'm quite new to this community but I would be willing to make a meetup for those who live in the Baltics. I really want to meet up with likeminded people and make some friends IRL and just know that I'm not alone in this part of the world.

If you're from Baltics, please post where are you located and would you be willing to participate in a meetup. If you would participate, write what could you offer to the meetup, please.

EDIT: Maybe we could make a some kind of workshop? Are you an artisan or an electronics expert? Would be cool to go through casting process or make a small macropad. Any thoughts?

Have a great clickclack,
funderburker
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 March 2016, 07:48:24 by funderburker »
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
Re: GH members in Baltics?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 16:32:43 »
BUMP. But it looks like I'm really the only one. At least the only active GH member from Baltic states. Sad...

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 16:37:55 »
They are out there, just may not visit Off Topic that much.  I think that I sold something to a Geekhacker in Latvia once.

By the way, how much longer until Putin's ego expands all the way to the Baltic states?
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 23 March 2016, 08:42:10 »
They are out there, just may not visit Off Topic that much.  I think that I sold something to a Geekhacker in Latvia once.

By the way, how much longer until Putin's ego expands all the way to the Baltic states?

Well, I'll just wait then and bump this every now and then.

About politics – haven't followed that too much recently because of work and other personal stuff but it won't happen, at least not in the near future. We're in EU, Ukraine isn't. With all the sanctions EU and other countries have put on Russia, their already poor economical situation is really going down hill. I think that there's going to be a civil war against Putin's policies sooner or later. But I really don't know because I haven't read up on the current situation.

Offline iri

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 23 March 2016, 09:12:00 »
With all the sanctions EU and other countries have put on Russia, their already poor economical situation is really going down hill
lol sure m8
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 23 March 2016, 09:35:17 »
With all the sanctions EU and other countries have put on Russia, their already poor economical situation is really going down hill
lol sure m8
Only my view on the situation and the state Russia is at now. But OK, I really don't want this thread to turn into a discussion about politics.

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 06:26:03 »
BUMP

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 14:38:06 »
Sorry to derail.

Anyways, I recommend posting over at Deskthority, it is more Euro centric and meeting are occasionally planned in the more populated countries.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 14:54:22 »
Sorry to derail.

Anyways, I recommend posting over at Deskthority, it is more Euro centric and meeting are occasionally planned in the more populated countries.

Thanks, haven't really checked Deskthority out. Three forums (if we count /r/mk as a forum) is just too much for me. But I'll think about it and maybe even join. :thumb:

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 14:55:20 »
Thanks, haven't really checked Deskthority out. Three forums (if we count /r/mk as a forum) is just too much for me. But I'll think about it and maybe even join. :thumb:
Definitely register and post an introduction thread. You will get a warm welcome there. I know there are some guys over there from the Baltics, although I don't anyone from Latvia.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 14:59:20 »
Definitely register and post an introduction thread. You will get a warm welcome there. I know there are some guys over there from the Baltics, although I don't anyone from Latvia.

Now then, I'll do it in the weekend when I'll have the time. Want to make some pictures of my board so I can "show off" a bit. Nah, really I just want to write an build log but haven't had spare time to do it.

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 07:46:23 »
Bump. Will do this every now and then. #BALTICREPREZENT?

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 11:06:49 »
BTW, there are lots of members on the other side of the Baltic sea. I count to 75 members in Sweden (although only a handful are active) and I know there are a few in Finland too.
It's about time we got a keyboard party done in Stockholm, but I have had too many other things on my plate to organize one myself.
🍉

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 11:15:03 »
I mean I visited Latvia for a week once, beautiful country. I'd consider going again but not soon.

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 11:23:23 »
BTW, there are lots of members on the other side of the Baltic sea. I count to 75 members in Sweden (although only a handful are active) and I know there are a few in Finland too.
It's about time we got a keyboard party done in Stockholm, but I have had too many other things on my plate to organize one myself.

I would definitely come to a meetup if it would happen in Sweden. Don't know if I could help with organizing though. Maybe something like a Baltic Sea meetup would be a nice event & would pay off to make.

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 11:25:27 »
I mean I visited Latvia for a week once, beautiful country. I'd consider going again but not soon.

Always nice to hear that visitors would like to come to Latvia again. Where you here on vacation or a business trip?