Author Topic: Share some nostalgia. What is your nostalgia like?  (Read 24331 times)

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Re: Share some nostalgia. What is your nostalgia like?
« Reply #150 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 11:05:05 »
My moms 486 for work ran this at a couple frames a second but I didnt care, it was awesome.

Mechwarrior for the win. Surely that was on 486DX, because I don't think the SX model processors could handle polygons
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #151 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 11:08:16 »
My moms 486 for work ran this at a couple frames a second but I didnt care, it was awesome.

Mechwarrior for the win. Surely that was on 486DX, because I don't think the SX model processors could handle polygons

Sounds about right.  It was high end for the time, but just barely ran it. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #152 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 17:37:22 »
Deskthority has blossomed into a full blown keyboard community of choice for European members.

Some ;)
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline ANightOnCloudNine

« Reply #153 on: Fri, 03 June 2016, 19:38:11 »
being a dumb child i found holidays so damn happy christmas, easter, all of them super awesome, going to the dollar store with my dad to get a cap gun and pretending im a cowboy, now im a miserable teenager who just wants to move into my own household with my friends.

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #154 on: Fri, 03 June 2016, 19:47:40 »
My nostalgia is going to the mall to the games store where they sold Pokemon cards. All the kids would gather around the store to play the card game

Offline ThoughtArtist

« Reply #155 on: Fri, 03 June 2016, 23:02:00 »
being a dumb child i found holidays so damn happy christmas, easter, all of them super awesome, going to the dollar store with my dad to get a cap gun and pretending im a cowboy, now im a miserable teenager who just wants to move into my own household with my friends.

Just wait till your "friends" decide to screw you over with rent and utilities. Dear ole' dad might not seem so bad then.

« Reply #156 on: Sat, 04 June 2016, 05:43:40 »

Just wait till your "friends" decide to screw you over with rent and utilities. Dear ole' dad might not seem so bad then.
i dont have **** friends mind you

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #157 on: Sat, 04 June 2016, 11:40:46 »

Spoken like a true teenager. Just wait...roomies with friends is great until rent time comes along and you're the only one working while you 'best friend' sleeps on your couch eating your food since he quit his job. You're the provider/parent now...

« Reply #158 on: Sat, 04 June 2016, 12:13:53 »

Spoken like a true teenager. Just wait...roomies with friends is great until rent time comes along and you're the only one working while you 'best friend' sleeps on your couch eating your food since he quit his job. You're the provider/parent now...
they all have jobs they are waiting on me to get one for us to move in, we agreed no one will not have a job, i also like how you're judging people you never met, we all have pretty ignorant parents that we wanna get away from, my mom was quite a druggy and shes a little messed in the head and my dad is a hard worker and doesnt have much time to interact but hes cool, but hes also very ignorant to what i want to do with my life
« Last Edit: Sat, 04 June 2016, 12:16:54 by ANightOnCloudNine »

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #159 on: Sat, 04 June 2016, 12:44:48 »

they all have jobs they are waiting on me to get one for us to move in, we agreed no one will not have a job, i also like how you're judging people you never met, we all have pretty ignorant parents that we wanna get away from, my mom was quite a druggy and shes a little messed in the head and my dad is a hard worker and doesnt have much time to interact but hes cool, but hes also very ignorant to what i want to do with my life

No judgements here. I don't judge you or your friends and I hope the best for you all and I hope it all goes well. I am simply providing some wisdom having gone through something similar when I was young and naive. You are just starting in life, so just be careful. That's all.  :thumb:

« Reply #160 on: Sat, 04 June 2016, 12:51:09 »

No judgements here. I don't judge you or your friends and I hope the best for you all and I hope it all goes well. I am simply providing some wisdom having gone through something similar when I was young and naive. You are just starting in life, so just be careful. That's all.  :thumb:
I chose my friends wisely weve been friends since before school and are very serious about what we wanna do

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #161 on: Sat, 04 June 2016, 12:53:01 »

I chose my friends wisely weve been friends since before school and are very serious about what we wanna do

Then I say,  Party on, Wayne!  :p

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #162 on: Sat, 04 June 2016, 13:25:41 »

I moved in with some friends directly after highschool. It worked; moving in with friends is not always bad :thumb:
Chris Schammert

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #163 on: Sat, 04 June 2016, 13:27:23 »

I moved in with some friends directly after highschool. It worked; moving in with friends is not always bad :thumb:

Party on, Garth!  :))

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #164 on: Sat, 04 June 2016, 13:39:10 »

You must have had a really bad time when you moved in with friends huh? I spent a lot of my time at my full-time job; going to college directly after high school wasn't an option for me. We were a bunch of geeks anyway. I went to one real party back then and that was in Waterloo Canada :))
Chris Schammert

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #165 on: Sat, 04 June 2016, 13:43:56 »

You must have had a really bad time when you moved in with friends huh? I spent a lot of my time at my full-time job; going to college directly after high school wasn't an option for me. We were a bunch of geeks anyway. I went to one real party back then and that was in Waterloo Canada :))

Nah. I am completely sincere with nostalgic references to Wayne's World as friends sharing lives. I got burned, yes. But I am just bringing a since of caution to the table. Sometimes the people we think are friends or even spouses can become moochers. It's all good.  :thumb:

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #166 on: Sat, 04 June 2016, 13:49:19 »

Nah. I am completely sincere with nostalgic references to Wayne's World as friends sharing lives. I got burned, yes. But I am just bringing a since of caution to the table. Sometimes the people we think are friends or even spouses can become moochers. It's all good.  :thumb:

I get it. Six years after high school I helped support a friend's friend while she slept on the couch. She was pregnant so it wasn't like we could just kick her out of the apartment :-[ Garth is a much better drummer than I am :))
Chris Schammert

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #167 on: Sat, 25 June 2016, 13:03:43 »
As a hats off to GH nostalgia... man what a crazy ride!

It's hard to believe its been 7 years for me, overall.

Passage of time... interesting.

Very happy to have made tight friends here (which still to this day boggles my bean).
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~