Author Topic: Share some nostalgia. What is your nostalgia like?  (Read 24332 times)

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
Re: Share some nostalgia. What is your nostalgia like?
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 17:21:01 »
What else? Turning 33 in 10 days and not taking it well at all. It feels like I was 25 yesterday, or at least last week. I feel robbed of the years.

I'm 27 and I'm wondering "wtf happened since I was 16 enjoying life without too much worries besides homework obligations and cs 1.6 / bf nights".

W T F IS going on? My "career" starts when I'm around 30, when I have my PhD. The f**k.
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #51 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 17:47:56 »
Aw man, there's so many games I NEED to have remade properly. For example, the entire Bullfrog catalog! :D
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #52 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 19:17:10 »
Aw man, there's so many games I NEED to have remade properly. For example, the entire Bullfrog catalog! :D

That would be so cool! :D

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 20:32:27 »

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 23:36:10 »
Prettiest DOS OS:

Show Image

Prettiest Apple OS EVER:

Show Image

These Mac OS images looked gorgeous black-and-white on printed paper in manuals.

Nostalgia = actually getting a printed manual in the box with the software.

Before they moved to providing an electronic copy on the enclosed CD.

Before they moved to just providing a link to download it.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #55 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 05:13:13 »
Prettiest DOS OS:

Show Image

Prettiest Apple OS EVER:

Show Image

These Mac OS images looked gorgeous black-and-white on printed paper in manuals.

Nostalgia = actually getting a printed manual in the box with the software.

Before they moved to providing an electronic copy on the enclosed CD.

Before they moved to just providing a link to download it.

Exactly. Now 'fcourse I trew em f**kers away coz I was ignorant. Now I'm trying to collect those manuals back. I already have MS DOS 6.22 / win 3.11 manual, quickbasic 4.5 manual, sc2k manual and apple mac 512k se manuals.

And that old book smell... niccee

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #56 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 05:35:25 »
And cover disks.

Remember cover disks?

Before the internet it was a great way of getting software, usually shareware.

After the internet you usually found out what was on the cover disk, then went online to download a newer version anyway :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #57 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 05:38:34 »
I had those.. that was awesome man. I learned about so many games via cover disks.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #58 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 05:58:40 »
I had those.. that was awesome man. I learned about so many games via cover disks.

And the crushing disappointment when you couldn't read your disk!

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #59 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 06:00:06 »

That was horror. I always made 3 or 4 copies when I found it important or worthwhile. Coz you never now. I had the original doom 2 disks back then. 2 failed. I was so mad I threw the keyboard against the wall.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 06:06:51 »

That was horror. I always made 3 or 4 copies when I found it important or worthwhile. Coz you never now. I had the original doom 2 disks back then. 2 failed. I was so mad I threw the keyboard against the wall.

Ouch!  Not a mechanical keyboard, I hope!

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #61 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 06:08:51 »

It was a mech kb. But everything was alright with the mech. The wall however.. hehe. I dented it. Parents were so mad. They grounded me... like it was punishment to sit longer behind the computer.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #62 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 06:20:00 »

It was a mech kb. But everything was alright with the mech. The wall however.. hehe. I dented it. Parents were so mad. They grounded me... like it was punishment to sit longer behind the computer.

Keyboard 1
Wall 0

:)

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 06:21:57 »

Keyboard 1
Wall 0

I had this keyboard:

Computer was a Tulip 286 with 2mb mem and a 30mb hdd if I remember correctly.

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #64 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 06:25:26 »
Show Image

How about Ultima Underworld?

Show Image

This!

Look at my avatar. Can you recognize it?

Underworld was the game I bought together with my first pc and sound blaster sound card. This game gave me many firsts. First 3d fps, full orchestra music and sound effect, colour monitor, etc. I can even recite the whole intro!

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #65 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 06:26:19 »
Show Image

How about Ultima Underworld?

Show Image

This!

Look at my avatar. Can you recognize it?

Underworld was the game I bought together with my first pc and sound blaster sound card. This game gave me many firsts. First 3d fps, full orchestra music and sound effect, colour monitor, etc. I can even recite the whole intro!

I see now. That game was amazing!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 05:26:40 »

Keyboard 1
Wall 0

I had this keyboard:

Show Image

2MB RAM?

30MB HDD?

Luxury!

My first hard drive had a massive capacity of 20MB.  These days I throw 20MB data around in single files without even blinking.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #67 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 06:21:00 »

Keyboard 1
Wall 0

I had this keyboard:

Show Image

2MB RAM?

30MB HDD?

Luxury!

My first hard drive had a massive capacity of 20MB.  These days I throw 20MB data around in single files without even blinking.
20 MB? LUXURY! On my first computer a hard drive was an optional extra and mine didn't have it! The OS was read off a 5 1/2 inch actually floppy, floppy disk!

Offline iri

« Reply #68 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 07:15:49 »
My first personal computer could only read data from tape.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #69 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 07:27:15 »
Probably my three favorite games when I was a kid:

Show Image

More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

More
Show Image

Show Image

More
Show Image

Cosmo's Comic Adventure AND Commander Keen. Nice.

My Quake memories (not my pic)

Chris Schammert

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #70 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 07:32:41 »
Quake was such an amazing game! Practically Lovecraft in a video game, I always regretted that Id didn't keep using the Lovecraft theme for further games. And of course, that kickass soundtrack by Trent Reznor - I hadn't been affected by a game soundtrack as much as that before, I think.

Offline iri

« Reply #71 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 07:52:58 »
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #72 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 07:57:08 »
Quake was such an amazing game! Practically Lovecraft in a video game, I always regretted that Id didn't keep using the Lovecraft theme for further games. And of course, that kickass soundtrack by Trent Reznor - I hadn't been affected by a game soundtrack as much as that before, I think.

Everything about quake was perfect!

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #73 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 08:52:39 »

I always turned the music off so that I could take advantage of the 3D sound :)
Chris Schammert

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #74 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 09:17:40 »

I always turned the music off so that I could take advantage of the 3D sound :)
whaaaaaat

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #75 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 13:09:58 »
20 MB? LUXURY! On my first computer a hard drive was an optional extra and mine didn't have it! The OS was read off a 5 1/2 inch actually floppy, floppy disk!

Well I must've been spoiled then as a kid.. :-X

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #76 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 13:10:29 »

Show Image

More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

More
Show Image

Show Image

More
Show Image

Show Image

Don't forget the half-life map editor.

Editors were in their own league..

Offline cryptokey

• * Destiny Supporter
  • [°°▄°] luser-friendly
« Reply #77 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 13:16:29 »
Spent so much time on this game - I had a pretty huge medieval phase.

More

[WTB] HHKB Black

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #78 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 13:42:54 »

Show Image

More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

More
Show Image

Show Image

More
Show Image

Show Image

Don't forget the half-life map editor.

Editors were in their own league..

Oh man, the half-life mods and skins were on another level
Chris Schammert

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #79 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 13:57:53 »
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #80 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 05:49:33 »

Keyboard 1
Wall 0

I had this keyboard:

Show Image

2MB RAM?

30MB HDD?

Luxury!

Floppy disk? Luxury!

My first computer had a built-in tape drive.  And 16KB RAM.  Yes, children, that 16 kilobytes.  16384 bytes, to be precise (actually slightly less than that).

Mind you it was ready for use within 1 second of turning it on.  You find a modern computer that can do that!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #81 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 05:51:53 »

Show Image

More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

More
Show Image

Show Image

More
Show Image

Show Image

Oh yeah, Qoole.  I used that for a while, then something happened, it stopped development or something?

So I switched to QuArK.

Anyone else use QuArK?

Not QuArK Express the publishing package, the Quake Army Knife.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #82 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 06:59:08 »

Keyboard 1
Wall 0

I had this keyboard:

Show Image

2MB RAM?

30MB HDD?

Luxury!

Floppy disk? Luxury!

My first computer had a built-in tape drive.  And 16KB RAM.  Yes, children, that 16 kilobytes.  16384 bytes, to be precise (actually slightly less than that).

Mind you it was ready for use within 1 second of turning it on.  You find a modern computer that can do that!
1 second? Luxury!

My computer only worked in hot rooms, so you had to have the heating on for about 45 minutes before it would work!

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #83 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 07:05:11 »

Show Image

More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

More
Show Image

Show Image

More
Show Image

Show Image

Oh yeah, Qoole.  I used that for a while, then something happened, it stopped development or something?

So I switched to QuArK.

Anyone else use QuArK?

Not QuArK Express the publishing package, the Quake Army Knife.

I was fifteen at the time so that memory is a little fuzzy. I did some searching and Qoole seemed like the closest match to what I used. I used QME for modeling, and ms paint for skin editing. The model viewer of Quark looks really familiar. 
Chris Schammert

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #84 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 07:11:01 »
I thought Quake had an axe instead of a knife xD .

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #85 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 15:25:11 »
Stay a while and listen,

Tele/static field/blizzard Meph runs

Rush for forge?

Pul 4 shako?

Will etheral Titans break if you run out?

Pindlebot

D2mousepad map hack
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #86 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 05:53:16 »
I was digging around at work looking for a double adapter and found a 5.25" floppy drive nestled in the back of a drawer.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #87 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 06:23:27 »
I was digging around at work looking for a double adapter and found a 5.25" floppy drive nestled in the back of a drawer.

Niiice. I had windows 3.0 on those bad boys. And genius paint from their mouse. Bundled software that is.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #88 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 04:49:29 »
Just reviving this to show what I found at the recycling centre last week ^^ .

Notice how it still used the old spelling of Nukum! :D

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #89 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 05:29:50 »

Show Image

Holy smokes, along with the old Apogee logo and everything :eek:
Chris Schammert

Offline jaffers

« Reply #90 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 05:55:19 »
Neverwinter nights, baldur's gate, icewind dale, battle for middle earth 2, battle front 2

;_;

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #91 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 06:35:34 »

Show Image

Yeah, I played some DN1 again just now, I couldn't resist :D .

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #92 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 06:45:59 »

Show Image

I loaded the first Commander Keen game into DOSBox right after I saw that picture haha. I don't know which game is harder, DN1 is pretty intense. Funny how Apogee used the same DN1 graphic effects and audio samples for Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure. I guess that game was Apogee's PG version or something
Chris Schammert

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #93 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 07:42:43 »

Show Image

I loaded the first Commander Keen game into DOSBox right after I saw that picture haha. I don't know which game is harder, DN1 is pretty intense. Funny how Apogee used the same DN1 graphic effects and audio samples for Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure. I guess that game was Apogee's PG version or something
Keen 1 was pretty doable, 2 was quite hard, 3 was ridiculous xD . DN1 was somewhat challenging but not too hard if you took it easy, I think. DN2 was much harder as I recall, especially beyond episode 1/2.

Some old games that stand out in my memory as being particularly hard are Rockford (never got beyond level 2 in episode 1, and never completed ANY levels in any of the other episodes iirc), Gauntlet (they spawned so fast, I couldn't keep up!), Star Goose (all I remember is the rocket launchers got me EVERY TIME), International Ninja Rabbits (which was just ridiculous), Pyro 2 (always blew myself up), Paratrooper (it was so hard to get that bomb angle just right!), Skyroads (past the fist half or so of the levels it got really bat**** insane), and Arkanoid (the original - I never could get more than a few levels in).

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #94 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 07:47:28 »
I miss waking up in the morning and seeing iLLucionist's posts all over "spy." It's been over a week since he's posted at all.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #95 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 07:56:06 »

Show Image

Keen 1 was pretty doable, 2 was quite hard, 3 was ridiculous xD . DN1 was somewhat challenging but not too hard if you took it easy, I think. DN2 was much harder as I recall, especially beyond episode 1/2.

Some old games that stand out in my memory as being particularly hard are Rockford (never got beyond level 2 in episode 1, and never completed ANY levels in any of the other episodes iirc), Gauntlet (they spawned so fast, I couldn't keep up!), Star Goose (all I remember is the rocket launchers got me EVERY TIME), International Ninja Rabbits (which was just ridiculous), Pyro 2 (always blew myself up), Paratrooper (it was so hard to get that bomb angle just right!), Skyroads (past the fist half or so of the levels it got really bat**** insane), and Arkanoid (the original - I never could get more than a few levels in).

I guess I should check those games out (aside from the original Arkanoid).
Chris Schammert

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #96 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 08:19:01 »
Show Image

Oh my god so many good ones. Total nostalgia trip for me there.

Nostalgia to me was back when I was living at my parents house, not working and not studying, I just sat at home with my buddy, carefree, and played videogames all day long.
We've both got baes and jobs now so there is no more of that.
Also video games don't hold the same appeal as they once did, I guess I'm just getting older.
I'd much rather mess around with Linux and build server/keyboards these days. The worst thing is I still purchase games, library is almost at 250 on steam.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #97 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 05:43:20 »
Neverwinter nights, baldur's gate, icewind dale, battle for middle earth 2, battle front 2

;_;

Ah NWN - the hours I've poured into that.

NWN2 never really grabbed me.

I tried a couple of others, including Torchlight, but they didn't feel enough like NWN and I never got in to them.

Now I want to play NWN again ... if only I had the time ...

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #98 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 06:16:00 »
Spent so much time on this game - I had a pretty huge medieval phase.

Show Image

howdoyouturnthison

These were mine:

Neopets

The original Sims (not to be confused with a picture of TP4's bedroom)

The cheap man's Mario Kart: Diddy Kong Racing

Theme Park

And Theme Hospital

Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #99 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 06:48:43 »
Oh man, Theme Hospital! That game was so good, I played that for many hours :D . It was also the first time I used my alias - Chyros - which was the name I gave my hospitals at first!