Author Topic: Thank you, all of you.  (Read 1646 times)

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
Thank you, all of you.
« on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 01:18:43 »
It's quite late at this point, so apologies for any grammatical mistakes on my part.

As some of you might know, a month or so ago, pretty much all of the few personal possessions that I own were stolen, but don't feel sorry for me, that's not what this thread is for, this thread is to point out and say thank you to everyone who has been so very kind to me over this time and even since I started browsing geekhack.

Everyone on this list donated or even sent me artisans and other caps along with my HHKB, with the one and only demik starting the thread.

inanis
nubs
nickheller
booper
brocaps
widdlekitty
jdcarpe
rm-rf
Riotonthebay
btctopre

I can't say how grateful I am to each and every one of you guys, from the bottom of my heart.

But in all that I feel terrible for taking so much stuff from all these people, I feel like I'm free loading off of the generosity of the community, as some of you know I joined this forum when I was very young, a wee 13 year old Air tree, and now a still young 16 year old Air tree, and throughout my time on geekhack I haven't really been able to be as generous as some other people on the forum, hell I didn't even get an HHKB till 2015, but to bring home closer to my point, I feel like I can't possibly repay all of you in my current state of affairs, and I can't even begin to say how grateful I am, I just wish I could find someway to truly repay all of you for this, but besides trying to be a better member of the community and being a better person overall, I can't think of a way to truly do so.

I know this may seem over the top and a bit corny, but I truly feel that way.

People send me some really cool stuff for free, that's amazing, but most of the time I don't have the means to do the same for them or another. I feel tremendously bad for that.

I just wanted to make a formal thank you guys, and to some degree an apology, even if this thread is corny at times. and sorry for the wall of text that I didn't totally proof read.  :))

Even if demik doesn't want to show it, he's still gooey on the inside.

« Last Edit: Fri, 15 April 2016, 01:20:14 by Air tree »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Re: Thank you, all of you.
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 01:21:37 »
hell I didn't even get an HHKB till 2015

that's because you didn't wanna take my offer to help you pay for it! I WANTED TO GROOM U INTO A BEAUTIFUL BUTTERFLY THAT USES HHKB SOONER THAN LAST YEAR!

nah man, you a cool dude and nobody should be without an hhkb. so don't feel bad about it and you didn't freeload ****. if we don't look out for our friends then we are ****ty friends ourselves.

stop telling people im nice
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 April 2016, 01:23:15 by demik »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 06:34:14 »
The community spirit is greater than the sum of its parts.

Thank you, Geekhack, for helping Air tree :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 06:37:23 »
I love this community

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 10:12:33 »
You don't need to say thank you.

My HHKB was crowdfunded, and I always think I will never be able to properly express what that meant (and still means) to me, so I know how you feel. But it is good to be there for people in the ways that we can. You had all your stuff stolen, the HHKB was but a small part of that. However, it is a part that we can all appreciate and help make right.

So enjoy that HHKB guilt free. No one was expecting anything in return, other then for you to have a little bit of happy. :)
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 11:04:42 »
I'm glad that so many stepped up. You're a great kid and your positivity makes this forum a better place. Keep it up.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 11:09:30 »
You've been a great member of the community and totally deserve it. Good people end up in ****ty situations all the time. Don't think of it as freeloading, think of it as something you can push forward when you have the opportunity. Demik and i have our differences, but this was definitely awesome to see play out. Glad to see that with the negative we see, he still does stuff this awesome.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 11:38:31 »
Cheers to everyone involved. Air Tree deserves the love. Good kid!
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline rurushu

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 13:32:18 »
didnt knew such tragic event happened to you Air Tree, and Kudos to everyone who helped him get through the difficult times!

this is the community spirit that every forum should have!

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 13:35:21 »
we don't need to make GH great again

it already is <3
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 14:00:13 »
we don't need to make GH great again

it already is <3

This is true. But you shouldn't stop supporting GShark Grey or NubRot '16.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.