Author Topic: E3 2016 Thread!  (Read 7158 times)

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: E3 2016 Thread!
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 12:49:44 »
I guess despite my extensive RTS history, I'm still just a casual.  :)) FPS games are the only ones I can play online multiplayer for and do decently well (I miss my Halo 1 for PC days). As Torgue so eloquently puts it, "PEW PEW, MOTHERF#$%ER!". But I digress.

Me too. I was late to the 40k party, but I am here to stay. I know they have those rings on the ground that serve as cover in DoW III, but it just doesn't quite sit right with me that a simple circle on the ground should do it. It's an effort at least. I always enjoy collecting wargear and customizing my units/squads, so I hope they keep wargear collecting in the game, whether DoW I style for the commander only or DoW II style. Daemon Prince Eliphas was one of my favorites in Dark Crusade.

I am the same as you. I have played RTS games for like, fifteen years, and am still **** at them. I don't know how people got the impression it was going to be flashy and bright from that gameplay video that was like two minutes long =/ I actually thought the lighting and everything else looked pretty good.

Same here.  I've tried about every RTS, and after a while, they get to be the same, so I never get any better at them.  Other than DoW.  I love those.  Even though I suck.

Have you tried WarMachine: Tactics?  I find that one holds my interest, also.

I actually was pretty good at AoE II: Age of Kings multiplayer simply because I played so much, while I feel I was fairly good at Supreme Commander, Dawn of War I and Sins of a Solar Empire.  Beyond those though, I just couldn't get the APM that was required to be good in other RTS games so I usually stuck with the ones I was good at or played other genres.

Also, somewhat offtopic but did anyone else play the game Demigod?  It was an early battle game similar to a MOBA but with more varied lane types than LoL or DOTA, I thought it was really quite a fun game but it needed more characters to last.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 13:22:12 »
^ I loved Demigod!  Stardock really hit some homeruns with their games.  Not really sure why they didn't try to capitalize on that IP.

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 13:40:34 »
Yeah, the new Zelda's art style is pretty ugly.

as much as I was looking forward to a new Zelda, the fact that they went back to that graphic style totally kills it for me

What exactly do you guys dislike and what would you prefer?

I was a huge fan of Twilight Princes, something in that style but with modern HD graphics. This cel shading stuff just doesn't look good to me, even if it's not to the extreme that Wind Waker was.
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 14:16:22 »
Yeah, the new Zelda's art style is pretty ugly.

as much as I was looking forward to a new Zelda, the fact that they went back to that graphic style totally kills it for me

What exactly do you guys dislike and what would you prefer?

I was a huge fan of Twilight Princes, something in that style but with modern HD graphics. This cel shading stuff just doesn't look good to me, even if it's not to the extreme that Wind Waker was.

Was just playing wind waker HD yesterday, I really enjoy that style hah

I am a little sick of the bright neon bad guy style though.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 15:15:22 »
^ I loved Demigod!  Stardock really hit some homeruns with their games.  Not really sure why they didn't try to capitalize on that IP.

Me too, the characters were pretty varied and the huge guy was just cool as hell!  Shame they didn't push more stuff out for it as it looks like it died out around 2011-2012, because they could've easily released heroes regularly like other MOBAs and probably could've done quite well.  I do like Stardock's stuff though, they seem to put out quality over quantity when it comes to games which I definitely respect in a software company.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)