Author Topic: E3 2016 Thread!  (Read 7157 times)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
E3 2016 Thread!
« on: Sat, 11 June 2016, 16:53:27 »
Yeah go on, I will make an E3 2016 thread.

What games are you looking forward to? What tech announcements do you want to see? What VR are we going see?

I personally am really looking forward to Watch_Dogs_2 as I really liked the first one. I know the difference in graphics is something people go on about a lot, but the game was actually really fun.

I also want to see No Man's Sky. The idea of playing in a multiplayer infinite world where you may never meet another player? Sounds freaking awesome.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
Re: E3 2016 Thread!
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 11 June 2016, 16:54:27 »
no mans sky, no matter how good it is, will never live up to the hype
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 11 June 2016, 17:28:38 »

Well, I think if they just make an infinite, multiplayer world, a lot of people will be happy. It's on a scale of which nobody has ever seen. Soooooo, I think it's going to be p kickass.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 11 June 2016, 17:54:05 »

Well, I think if they just make an infinite, multiplayer world, a lot of people will be happy. It's on a scale of which nobody has ever seen. Soooooo, I think it's going to be p kickass.
oh I'm sure it'll be good, there's just too much hype. People seem to think it'll be like the be all and end all of videogames
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 11 June 2016, 17:57:13 »

oh I'm sure it'll be good, there's just too much hype. People seem to think it'll be like the be all and end all of videogames

I definitely don't think it will be the be all and end all but I am definitely looking forward to it. The exploring aspect really appeals to me. I got Elite Dangerous so that I could explore and it was extremely disappointing.
Biking is fun.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 14:34:03 »
OH BOY TITANFALL 2

Offline MrFex

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 15:45:42 »
I'm one of those VR suckers, can't wait to know if they will announce some cool VR games. I wish it wasn't that bulky though .. and then there's the need for an upgraded console.  :(

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 22:14:55 »
Why the **** is Bethesda wasting time and resources with a Skyrim remaster when post-launch ENB mods have already done exactly that and more?

This is so blindingly stupid, I am boggled why they are not simply making TES 6.

If there's one game in the history of games that I can say doesn't need a remaster due to the sheer amount of user created content available, it's Skyrim.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 22:19:31 »
Why the **** is Bethesda wasting time and resources with a Skyrim remaster when post-launch ENB mods have already done exactly that and more?

This is so blindingly stupid, I am boggled why they are not simply making TES 6.

If there's one game in the history of games that I can say doesn't need a remaster due to the sheer amount of user created content available, it's Skyrim.

This, and I want local multiplayer added, or up to four friends together online, like Diablo 3.

Offline HouseofSuffering

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 22:29:51 »

PS4 and Xbox One are both x86 architecture, the same as PC. It is a smart and easy cash in for them to port the PC version of their games to PS4 and Xbox one. It takes them minimal effort to port them, people will buy them and Bethesda will make money......money they can use to make TES 6.

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 22:41:40 »
Will star citizen?

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 22:43:21 »

What they SHOULD do is remake Morrowind.

Then do a TES 6

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 23:09:15 »

Then do a TES 6
That would be really cool,  but they'd probably dumb it down.

Sent from my local payphone

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 23:21:36 »
I have no idea why people get so hyped over the FIFA games. It's the same game every ****ing year.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 23:57:25 »
just drove past e3. huge COD ad in front. i cant wait for the wonderful traffic this will cause >.>
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 00:09:23 »
****ing Bethesda.

No one cares about Skyrim Special Edition, a TES TRADING CARD GAME LULZ, OR TES MMO in general.

pls don't waste your time anymore sweet prince

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 00:11:20 »

Then do a TES 6

Remastered Morrowind, I'd be all over that. They would absolutely find a way to **** it up though.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 00:33:27 »
or Fallout Tactics 2

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 13:03:36 »
FYI, anyone who has skyrim and all it's DLC or the legendary edition on steam gets the remastered edition for free.

I'd expect the remastered edition will finally be 64 bit at the very least, in terms of upgrades. which should help with performance.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 13:03:47 »

Then do a TES 6

Remastered Morrowind, I'd be all over that. They would absolutely find a way to **** it up though.

Ayyy

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 13:46:28 »
I need to jump in on more of this. Slacking hard this year on info. So far been hung up on Dishonored 2.

I like the idea of No Man's Sky as well.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline rm-rf

« Reply #21 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 13:50:43 »

Then do a TES 6

i think a third party is already doing this.

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 14:05:03 »
I'm a little sad that ME:Andromeda was pushed to early 2017, but it's not that much longer of a wait. Plus, I can use the extra time to make some progress on my Steam backlog.

I'm excited for ReCore, though. It looks fun.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 16:10:01 »

Then do a TES 6

Id buy that ****, but I dont even have time for CSGO or rocket league, how am i going to sink my life into Morrowind?

Offline klennkellon

• I like bottoming out
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 19:50:08 »
I think that Bethesda only did this because they want to add XB1 and PS4 modding support for Skyrim (and probably, eventually, paid mods) and just fancied up the graphics a bit to entice people to rebuy it.

I'll be buying it, I already have Skyrim.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 21:20:10 »
So yeah I probably need to get a PS4 after those Sony reveals. Holy crap Horizon Zero Dawn looked so amazing, and Detroit as well.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 22:30:46 »
****ing Bethesda.

No one cares about Skyrim Special Edition, a TES TRADING CARD GAME LULZ, OR TES MMO in general.

pls don't waste your time anymore sweet prince

Pretty lively in game for no one to care about TES MMO.  And it's not by bethesda, so it's not taking any resources away from anything else.

And yeah, dishonored 2 is going to be great.  I have hopes for Watch Dogs 2... the original just missed the mark for me because of the protagonist.

Also like the idea of Xbox Play Anywhere
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 June 2016, 22:34:49 by chuckdee »

Offline nugglets

« Reply #27 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 23:04:37 »

PS4 and Xbox One are both x86 architecture, the same as PC. It is a smart and easy cash in for them to port the PC version of their games to PS4 and Xbox one. It takes them minimal effort to port them, people will buy them and Bethesda will make money......money they can use to make TES 6.

More likely money they can use to recoup the losses from TESO.

Will star citizen?

No. The pay model already killed that game for anyone with any sense, and it will literally never be finished. By the time they have an actual, playable, game (not a glorified, $100 demo) they will be so far behind the new architecture that no one will care anymore.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 23:29:05 »
Show a zero context FMV trailer that makes no sense and shows no game play.
Everyone gets mad.

Show a zero context FMV trailer that makes no sense and shows no game play with Kojima's name attached to it.
Everyone loses their minds.

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 23:39:41 »
I agree that it cannot possibly live up to anything close to the hype. Why would anyone want to join a game that has so much content that they won't get their hands on before the game even released. It is interesting seeing how it develops from afar.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 08:39:57 »
I'm ignoring all the console stuff because I know I won't buy one.

Dawn of War 3 hype though. I really like those games.

Offline eksuen

« Reply #31 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 11:20:10 »

I am excited for Dawn of War 3 as well. I kind of share some people's concern about it not being grimdark and instead too colorful and flashy. I liked how Dawn of War 2 handled it with regard to the color palette, effects, movement, and cover system. I'm also a fan of the smaller, squad-based play. It feels more tactical than large scale battles where I just select a **** ton of units and attack-move (as fun as they are to watch). Regardless, I'm going to buy the game and play the **** out of it.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 13:18:40 »

I am excited for Dawn of War 3 as well. I kind of share some people's concern about it not being grimdark and instead too colorful and flashy. I liked how Dawn of War 2 handled it with regard to the color palette, effects, movement, and cover system. I'm also a fan of the smaller, squad-based play. It feels more tactical than large scale battles where I just select a **** ton of units and attack-move (as fun as they are to watch). Regardless, I'm going to buy the game and play the **** out of it.

Hmmm, I am kind of the opposite in that I loved the first Dawn of War but was completely let down with the 2nd one, mainly by what I felt was a dumbing down of the first one to something that felt like it should be on consoles, not on a PC.  If I am playing an RTS I don't want small squads and a building or two, I want big armies with different groups to micro-manage like in other RTS games.

Either way, I have heard conflicting information about how DoW III will be handled so I'll wait until more information is released to decide if I will buy it or not.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline eksuen

« Reply #33 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 13:41:44 »

Hmmm, I am kind of the opposite in that I loved the first Dawn of War but was completely let down with the 2nd one, mainly by what I felt was a dumbing down of the first one to something that felt like it should be on consoles, not on a PC.  If I am playing an RTS I don't want small squads and a building or two, I want big armies with different groups to micro-manage like in other RTS games.

Either way, I have heard conflicting information about how DoW III will be handled so I'll wait until more information is released to decide if I will buy it or not.

I loved the gigantic battles of the first one, and initially, I thought the same thing about having smaller, squad-based play and no base building, but it really grew on me over time. Perhaps it's because my APM sucks lollipops and I can't hang when it comes to competitive traditional RTS play. With how DoW 2 worked, I felt like each individual choice/action had more of an impact instead of being drowned out in the multitude of micromanagement actions. There was tactical play with squad placement (since your numbers are limited), composition, dealing with setup teams and firing arcs, using cover, retreating properly, when to go Tier 2 or 3 vs upgrading existing squads, forcing melee combat to tie up ranged squads, etc. With the likes of StarCraft, I simply cannot keep up or even use all the abilities of each unit. Maybe that is a dumbing down, but personally, it worked for me. I was actually able to play some online multiplayer with DoW 2 and have fun. And I've been playing RTS games for a while. Age of Empires II, Age of Mythology, SC, SC2...I would get destroyed in multiplayer. And to me, nonstop button mashing isn't very fun. So for me, DoW 2's system worked well.

And yeah, I realize DoW III is still in pre-alpha so nothing is set in stone. They'll probably make some choices that I don't agree with. Whatever. Can't please everyone. I was worried about the franchise when THQ went under, so I'm very happy it's being made. I'm excited to find out what happens next to the Blood Ravens.
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 June 2016, 13:45:33 by eksuen »

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #34 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 14:04:46 »
Watched the Dead Rising 4 trailer as well as some of the gameplay and thought it looked basically the same as all the others. Don't know why they went back to Frank West again,didn't think people were that attached to the character where they felt the need to rely on him.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 14:51:47 »

I loved the gigantic battles of the first one, and initially, I thought the same thing about having smaller, squad-based play and no base building, but it really grew on me over time. Perhaps it's because my APM sucks lollipops and I can't hang when it comes to competitive traditional RTS play. With how DoW 2 worked, I felt like each individual choice/action had more of an impact instead of being drowned out in the multitude of micromanagement actions. There was tactical play with squad placement (since your numbers are limited), composition, dealing with setup teams and firing arcs, using cover, retreating properly, when to go Tier 2 or 3 vs upgrading existing squads, forcing melee combat to tie up ranged squads, etc. With the likes of StarCraft, I simply cannot keep up or even use all the abilities of each unit. Maybe that is a dumbing down, but personally, it worked for me. I was actually able to play some online multiplayer with DoW 2 and have fun. And I've been playing RTS games for a while. Age of Empires II, Age of Mythology, SC, SC2...I would get destroyed in multiplayer. And to me, nonstop button mashing isn't very fun. So for me, DoW 2's system worked well.

And yeah, I realize DoW III is still in pre-alpha so nothing is set in stone. They'll probably make some choices that I don't agree with. Whatever. Can't please everyone. I was worried about the franchise when THQ went under, so I'm very happy it's being made. I'm excited to find out what happens next to the Blood Ravens.

Well I had a friend who absolutely loved DoW II for a lot of the same reasons that you mentioned, I just couldn't personally get into it as I was used to all of the micro from playing other RTS games (a lot of which you mentioned yourself) and the game just felt so empty without that aspect in it.  I do like squad based games too and enjoy the different gameplay elements you get from those types of games, I just don't enjoy them in RTS format apparently.

I am really happy that they are still continuing the series as Warhammer 40k is definitely one of my favorite fictional universes, and hopefully they add on plenty of DLCs with other factions so that I get to play as my beloved Chaos.  Also from what I have read, they are trying to blend elements of I and II into this one, so maybe they will be able to make both camps happy or maybe it will just end up being a disappointment to everyone, then we can all complain about it together :D
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline eksuen

« Reply #36 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 15:34:04 »
More

Well I had a friend who absolutely loved DoW II for a lot of the same reasons that you mentioned, I just couldn't personally get into it as I was used to all of the micro from playing other RTS games (a lot of which you mentioned yourself) and the game just felt so empty without that aspect in it.  I do like squad based games too and enjoy the different gameplay elements you get from those types of games, I just don't enjoy them in RTS format apparently.

I am really happy that they are still continuing the series as Warhammer 40k is definitely one of my favorite fictional universes, and hopefully they add on plenty of DLCs with other factions so that I get to play as my beloved Chaos.  Also from what I have read, they are trying to blend elements of I and II into this one, so maybe they will be able to make both camps happy or maybe it will just end up being a disappointment to everyone, then we can all complain about it together :D

I guess despite my extensive RTS history, I'm still just a casual.  :)) FPS games are the only ones I can play online multiplayer for and do decently well (I miss my Halo 1 for PC days). As Torgue so eloquently puts it, "PEW PEW, MOTHERF#$%ER!". But I digress.

Me too. I was late to the 40k party, but I am here to stay. I know they have those rings on the ground that serve as cover in DoW III, but it just doesn't quite sit right with me that a simple circle on the ground should do it. It's an effort at least. I always enjoy collecting wargear and customizing my units/squads, so I hope they keep wargear collecting in the game, whether DoW I style for the commander only or DoW II style. Daemon Prince Eliphas was one of my favorites in Dark Crusade.
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 June 2016, 15:37:45 by eksuen »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 18:56:25 »
In all honesty I think Recore and Resident Evil were the best at show. The ONLY good things at E3 this year.

I don't care how long I've been waiting for The Last Guardian, that trailer was ****e and full of spoilers.

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 20:00:09 »
In all honesty I think Recore and Resident Evil were the best at show. The ONLY good things at E3 this year.

I don't care how long I've been waiting for The Last Guardian, that trailer was ****e and full of spoilers.

I'll make sure to avoid that trailer then.

Watched the Zelda trailer and didn't dig the art-style but whatever that's nintendo. Don't think the mechanics that they showed off will all be in the game but time will tell. Overall it looked much of the same not bad but not great either.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #39 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 20:57:05 »
Yeah, the new Zelda's art style is pretty ugly.

Offline nugglets

« Reply #40 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 21:00:17 »
RE7 looked sufficiently creepy, I'm liking the look of it.

Horizon: Zero Dawn looks all kinds of awesome.

Nioh looks like it could be interesting if you're into JARPG.

Days Gone seems like it has potential.

For Honor could be a fun Dynasty Warriors style hack-n-slash.

I loved The Stick Of Truth, so new South Park looked cool.

Uhh, ya, that's all I remember right now. Honestly think Horizon got me the most hyped, but I love a good open-world RPG.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #41 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 21:04:57 »
touhou spinoff at e3 now i'm sad I didn't go, and that I don't have a ps4 :\
I love Elzy

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 02:34:06 »
I guess despite my extensive RTS history, I'm still just a casual.  :)) FPS games are the only ones I can play online multiplayer for and do decently well (I miss my Halo 1 for PC days). As Torgue so eloquently puts it, "PEW PEW, MOTHERF#$%ER!". But I digress.

Me too. I was late to the 40k party, but I am here to stay. I know they have those rings on the ground that serve as cover in DoW III, but it just doesn't quite sit right with me that a simple circle on the ground should do it. It's an effort at least. I always enjoy collecting wargear and customizing my units/squads, so I hope they keep wargear collecting in the game, whether DoW I style for the commander only or DoW II style. Daemon Prince Eliphas was one of my favorites in Dark Crusade.

I am the same as you. I have played RTS games for like, fifteen years, and am still **** at them. I don't know how people got the impression it was going to be flashy and bright from that gameplay video that was like two minutes long =/ I actually thought the lighting and everything else looked pretty good.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #44 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 09:43:29 »

I like those, though I've gotten out of playing RTS.  I wish they'd make a second Space Marine.  But DoW3 is almost as good.

I am the same as you. I have played RTS games for like, fifteen years, and am still **** at them. I don't know how people got the impression it was going to be flashy and bright from that gameplay video that was like two minutes long =/ I actually thought the lighting and everything else looked pretty good.

Same here.  I've tried about every RTS, and after a while, they get to be the same, so I never get any better at them.  Other than DoW.  I love those.  Even though I suck.

Have you tried WarMachine: Tactics?  I find that one holds my interest, also.
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 June 2016, 09:46:54 by chuckdee »

Offline nugglets

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #46 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 11:07:49 »

as much as I was looking forward to a new Zelda, the fact that they went back to that graphic style totally kills it for me
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline eksuen

« Reply #48 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 12:14:13 »

I like those, though I've gotten out of playing RTS.  I wish they'd make a second Space Marine.  But DoW3 is almost as good.

Same here.  I've tried about every RTS, and after a while, they get to be the same, so I never get any better at them.  Other than DoW.  I love those.  Even though I suck.

Have you tried WarMachine: Tactics?  I find that one holds my interest, also.

I liked Space Marine too and I thought the multiplayer was decent. If they make a sequel, I half want them to continue Titus' story and half want them to follow someone from a different Chapter. I think it would be cool if they make it into an anthology series.

WarMachine: Tactics looks interesting. I enjoy turn-based games like XCOM: Enemy Unknown and my favorite part of 4X games is always the battles. Wasteland 2 is still sitting in my Steam library, waiting to be played.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #49 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 12:18:24 »

as much as I was looking forward to a new Zelda, the fact that they went back to that graphic style totally kills it for me

What exactly do you guys dislike and what would you prefer?