Author Topic: [IC] M65 aka RAMABAE65 - Made with RAMA  (Read 121642 times)

Offline Ashlyn

Re: [IC] JC65 - Made with RAMA
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 24 November 2016, 20:08:21 »
Looks great !

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #101 on: Thu, 24 November 2016, 22:00:13 »
Looks great !

dat sig O.o

Brb... gotta play some Overwatch.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #102 on: Fri, 25 November 2016, 00:07:44 »
RAMA's new M10 + the JC65... MMMMMMMMM.

MFW

Offline breckstar

« Reply #103 on: Sat, 26 November 2016, 20:36:05 »
Love the transparency. Been waiting on this since like summer since you've been teasing it. Can't wait :)

Offline sachin3767

« Reply #104 on: Sun, 27 November 2016, 17:03:08 »
Original price from the first post is gone now, can you give us a ballpark number for what it'll look like for pricing?

This :)
I would like a rough estimate, so I can save up a bit haha.
Looking neat tho.

Original pricing IIRC was:

$175 @ 100 units
$165 @ 200 units

PCB - $50.00

New pricing for only the Case is:

$210 @ 100 units
$195 @ 200 units
$170 @ 300 units.

So it went up $35 & $30 for each. Not a huge dent, but one nonetheless.

Shipping ConUS is about $20.00 IIRC (don't quote me) at about 4LBS.

Shipping International is most likely $45.00 via USPS at about 4LBS.

This is ballpark of everything. I want to be 100% transparent with this. This is a premium case designed by the best industrial designer we all know and love, so quality is at the top of all of this. I hope ya'll understand that we had to switch manufacturers as the quality of the nylon from the 1st was unacceptable.
[/spoiler]

Pricing is still spot on, really hoping for you and us that these fly like hot cakes! Lets hit that 300+!

Few questions...
1. Do the holtites fit this PCB? these are those solder free components that were up for GB recently.

2. Is it possible to port TMK/ QMK to this PCB? Makes like simple having all boards running on the same code.

3. When is it dropping bruh???

Whitefox|Granite    Tex Yoda II     Exent | dev/tty      MX Master       Planck|Big Bang

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
« Reply #105 on: Sun, 27 November 2016, 21:05:37 »
Original price from the first post is gone now, can you give us a ballpark number for what it'll look like for pricing?

This :)
I would like a rough estimate, so I can save up a bit haha.
Looking neat tho.

Original pricing IIRC was:

$175 @ 100 units
$165 @ 200 units

PCB - $50.00

New pricing for only the Case is:

$210 @ 100 units
$195 @ 200 units
$170 @ 300 units.

So it went up $35 & $30 for each. Not a huge dent, but one nonetheless.

Shipping ConUS is about $20.00 IIRC (don't quote me) at about 4LBS.

Shipping International is most likely $45.00 via USPS at about 4LBS.

This is ballpark of everything. I want to be 100% transparent with this. This is a premium case designed by the best industrial designer we all know and love, so quality is at the top of all of this. I hope ya'll understand that we had to switch manufacturers as the quality of the nylon from the 1st was unacceptable.
[/spoiler]

Pricing is still spot on, really hoping for you and us that these fly like hot cakes! Lets hit that 300+!

Few questions...
1. Do the holtites fit this PCB? these are those solder free components that were up for GB recently.

2. Is it possible to port TMK/ QMK to this PCB? Makes like simple having all boards running on the same code.

3. When is it dropping bruh???

I'll have review the hotlites thing. Those are pretty new so we can look into it.

Unfortunately it on board controller can't support that but we are looking to change it in a future round as tmk and qmk get forked a little more.

Lastly, I believe soon. I got manufacturing photos from the manufacturers just now and will share them tonight for your pleasure viewing.

It is looking fantastic.
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #106 on: Sun, 27 November 2016, 22:15:09 »
Glad to hear you'll be having some pictures up later so that I have something to look forward to in the morning!

Also, would it be safe to assume you'll most likely be doing a little assembly when the time comes, JC? Just asking so that I can buy my Milestone XDA kits accordingly to cover this layout tomorrow haha.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #107 on: Sun, 27 November 2016, 22:27:15 »
Glad to hear you'll be having some pictures up later so that I have something to look forward to in the morning!

Also, would it be safe to assume you'll most likely be doing a little assembly when the time comes, JC? Just asking so that I can buy my Milestone XDA kits accordingly to cover this layout tomorrow haha.

Yeah I'll do assembly on it with it and most likely include xda on the build to feature it

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #108 on: Sun, 27 November 2016, 22:33:35 »
Yeah I'll do assembly on it with it and most likely include xda on the build to feature it

Ooh, that's gonna look sick! I think my question may have come off a little ambiguous though (my bad), I meant I was wondering if you plan on selling a few of the 65s assembled rather than just as kits as you said you may have a little party going when you receive the parts later down the line.

Offline luckyryan333

• #There'sNoToolForTyping
« Reply #109 on: Sun, 27 November 2016, 23:39:10 »
Just asking so that I can buy my Milestone XDA kits accordingly to cover this layout tomorrow haha.

Hmm... sounds reasonable. imo :rolleyes:
look forward to fantastic fotoz.
No PaiN, No GaiN
More
How to order from Taobao from outside of China and WITHOUT an Agent
daily driver: C70 w/ Oblivion
on the way: d65_12/gmkblk_3

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #110 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 09:56:07 »

Ooh, that's gonna look sick! I think my question may have come off a little ambiguous though (my bad), I meant I was wondering if you plan on selling a few of the 65s assembled rather than just as kits as you said you may have a little party going when you receive the parts later down the line.

Oh I see what you mean now. I thought you meant an assembly photo thing. Well, I'm not 100% sure for now.

We'll have to see when we're ready to launch. Assembling like 20+ boards before literally ruined soldering for me for a little while.

Here are the images! Please note that they are both PRE-ANODIZATION & they are from two different manufacturers.

We're testing each of their aluminum milling quality / tolerance levels.

All are scheduled to be anodized this week and ship out to us this week as well.

Manufacturer #1

Manufacturer #2

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #111 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 10:22:05 »
I'm really hyped for this, it really looks good. Though, I've got a few questions.

Is there a possibility of R2 supporting a split spacebar layout (like the TGR910 for example)? And if yes, is there a possibility of an "upgrade kit", so that R1 buyers can just swap the PCB and plate and don't have to get another case?

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
« Reply #112 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 11:52:58 »
It seems like I won't be getting a 910 for myself.  :(
I NEED this  :thumb:
email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #113 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 13:20:51 »
Oh I see what you mean now. I thought you meant an assembly photo thing. Well, I'm not 100% sure for now.

We'll have to see when we're ready to launch. Assembling like 20+ boards before literally ruined soldering for me for a little while.

Roger roger, absolutely understandable. Was just curious as I said seeing as I'll be getting an M10 to match the 65 and need to get a couple extra XDA kits to fit the layout - I'll just do both those things and hope there's a chance you'll have recovered from the soldering nightmare by the time you're ready to launch. :D

Photos are looking good, looking forward to more!

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #114 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 13:35:11 »

Damn  that means a lot coming from you. But again, all the props go to Rama for designing this beautiful case.
I'm really hyped for this, it really looks good. Though, I've got a few questions.

Is there a possibility of R2 supporting a split spacebar layout (like the TGR910 for example)? And if yes, is there a possibility of an "upgrade kit", so that R1 buyers can just swap the PCB and plate and don't have to get another case?

I've looked into this, and I believe it may be possible. I'm looking into the split spacebars but I can't find anything regarding the stabilizers which is the main issue. I. E. 3u stabs

Its definitely a new push into customs that I find truly fascinating. The pcb can support it if we added a few things, but I'd say it's hard to support without sourcing the proper stabilizers.

Glad to see your excitement!

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #115 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 13:36:41 »

Roger roger, absolutely understandable. Was just curious as I said seeing as I'll be getting an M10 to match the 65 and need to get a couple extra XDA kits to fit the layout - I'll just do both those things and hope there's a chance you'll have recovered from the soldering nightmare by the time you're ready to launch. :D

Photos are looking good, looking forward to more!

I've committed to the m10 and glad to see others in on it as well!

I'll probably be purchasing extra kits that work with 65% for xda as on option to add into.

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
« Reply #116 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 13:37:55 »

Damn  that means a lot coming from you. But again, all the props go to Rama for designing this beautiful case.

I've looked into this, and I believe it may be possible. I'm looking into the split spacebars but I can't find anything regarding the stabilizers which is the main issue. I. E. 3u stabs

Its definitely a new push into customs that I find truly fascinating. The pcb can support it if we added a few things, but I'd say it's hard to support without sourcing the proper stabilizers.

Glad to see your excitement!
Bro it uses only 2u stabs. You can see more at the LZ SQ IC thread.
 :p
email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #117 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 13:39:08 »
Wait really. I mustve been tripping. Then again, I've never used the split spacebar. Time to look for a Vea...

Time to update everything then.

Offline onmybikedrunk

• Danny Woods - Industrial Designer
« Reply #118 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 13:46:18 »
I would be pumped if this offered a split spacebar - hell I'm pumped already but this would just do me in.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #119 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 13:51:49 »
I've committed to the m10 and glad to see others in on it as well!

I'll probably be purchasing extra kits that work with 65% for xda as on option to add into.

Oh really! That's very cool, I guess we'll see what happens then, if worst comes to worst and you don't do any assembly at all I'll probably be able to find a friend who can solder the board for me.

The split spacebars aren't really something I'm into but I'm glad to hear you may be able to support the layout, it seems to be a trend lately and a lot of people are keen on!

Indeed, glad to see you also committed to the M10 - Rama's work is incredible and I'm sure the JC65 and his macropad will have a permanent spot on either my office or home desk, I hope both those creations come to see the success I believe they deserve.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #120 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 14:02:59 »
I would be pumped if this offered a split spacebar - hell I'm pumped already but this would just do me in.

Exactly my line of thought, this is a really nice board by itself, but split spacebar would just be that extra topping you always want but never seem to get your hands on.

The split spacebar just makes for really easy access for the function layers, which is really helpful for a layout that relies on a 1,75u right shift with an up-arrow next to it which prevents HHKB like FN placement.

Offline JDragon

« Reply #121 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 14:23:38 »
To double check - the Rose Gold on the M10 currently on MassDrop will match the Rose Gold of the JC65?

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #122 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 14:31:26 »
To double check - the Rose Gold on the M10 currently on MassDrop will match the Rose Gold of the JC65?

Spoke to Rama about the subject (colours for the cases and matching the M10 to the 65 in general) and yea it will be the same, he didn't say that ipsis verbis but if that wasn't the case I'm sure he'd have mentioned it to me.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #123 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 19:56:38 »

Color matching is always up to the manufacturer and can vary on a case by case basis. With the popularity of the Apple color line, many manufacturers are aware of them as reference colors nowadays.

In any case, they should be close with a low margin of error, despite being in different batches of anodization, and probably different manufacturers.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #124 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 02:55:35 »
Here are some more photos of where we are at!

Manufacturer #1 just returned some anodization photos!

This is made in Space Gray & Silver

Offline sony

• Formerly ultraidiot
« Reply #125 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 03:01:09 »
Oh that's sexy. Loving that gray, but what I'm really looking forward to is that Special Hydro Edition ;)

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #126 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 03:03:46 »
Oh that's sexy. Loving that gray, but what I'm really looking forward to is that Special Hydro Edition ;)

that sounds REALLY BLUE

Offline aznreaper

« Reply #127 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 03:05:29 »
Samples of the original silver version please, and show us what the colour of the Hydro Edition will be like!

Offline Damonskv

[IC] JC65 - Made with RAMA
« Reply #128 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 03:06:36 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Wow, looks really cool, now i think should change my mind and also to take part)))
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 November 2016, 04:02:25 by Damonskv »

Offline sony

• Formerly ultraidiot
« Reply #129 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 03:08:00 »
romevi! You loved hydro, now you gotta get more hydro.

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #130 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 03:25:54 »
Is that an aluminum bottom instead of nylon? Now I'm intrigued. While we're at it, carbon fiber plate?  :))

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #131 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 03:41:40 »
Samples look very tasty!!  :p

Curious about the bottom material as well. Does this tease that there could be an option for the nylon or aluminum?

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #132 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 03:42:53 »
Samples look very tasty!!  :p

Curious about the bottom material as well. Does this tease that there could be an option for the nylon or aluminum?

:P If there's a Alu bottom, then we'll have to cut holes in it. At the moment, I don't want to get super crazy about running a complex GB for this, so unfortunately, I think that will have to wait until R2 when and if that ever happens.

Offline PoisonKing

• RIP wallet
« Reply #133 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 08:32:39 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Dat Space Gray is sick!

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #134 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 08:37:01 »
Looking good!  I'd like to see this gray beside something black so that we can tell just how dark it is.  It almost looks black without a reference.

Offline catweewee

• SINGA | singakbd.com
  • * Vendor
  • Yellows
« Reply #135 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 10:10:32 »
Looking good!  I'd like to see this gray beside something black so that we can tell just how dark it is.  It almost looks black without a reference.

That's your black?  ;D ;D ;D

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #136 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 10:11:26 »

Il go to an apple store to compare all of these when the time comes.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #137 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 13:38:12 »
It looks so great and you said the quality was unacceptable. I can only imagine how good the other manufacturer case is gonna look  :p

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #138 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 13:42:20 »
It looks so great and you said the quality was unacceptable. I can only imagine how good the other manufacturer case is gonna look  :p

Manu #1 had poor nylon quality. It was horrible so we switched the bottom the aluminum or else it'd be a waste to run this with them.

Manu #2 has good nylon quality  :)

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #139 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 13:44:58 »

Manu #1 had poor nylon quality. It was horrible so we switched the bottom the aluminum or else it'd be a waste to run this with them.

Stoked af. Any news on if it will fit rs68 pcb?

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #140 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 13:49:20 »

We looked into it. The PCb mounts are totally different and the PCB sizes are slightly off as well. It's about 1.5mm longer.

For the PCB, it would have originally cost $50.00, but for 1st day participants, it will cost $40.00.

So sorry :(

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #141 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 13:56:46 »

We looked into it. The PCb mounts are totally different and the PCB sizes are slightly off as well. It's about 1.5mm longer.

For the PCB, it would have originally cost $50.00, but for 1st day participants, it will cost $40.00.

So sorry :(
It's nothing to be sorry about. You can't accommodate everything as much you want to :) thanks jchan

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #142 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 14:04:36 »

God damn that grey is sexy as hell. I'm currently planning on getting Rose Gold for both this and the M10 but that grey might just be too good to pass up - also a little more flexible when it comes to looking good with all sorts of different key sets of assorted colours. Will you be receiving samples in other colours too later on by any chance?

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #143 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 14:08:40 »

God damn that grey is sexy as hell. I'm currently planning on getting Rose Gold for both this and the M10 but that grey might just be too good to pass up - also a little more flexible when it comes to looking good with all sorts of different key sets of assorted colours. Will you be receiving samples in other colours too later on by any chance?

We will be getting sample colors blocks for the colors we want from both manufacturers. My friends have iPhones so I'll compare it to theirs side to side and post photos of those:).

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #144 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 15:09:48 »

I was already going rose gold for the M10 and the JC65, since I don't have a pink keeb yet and the rose gold looks beautiful, but now I want to double dip to get rose gold and gray. I don't have a problem, I swear

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #145 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 16:22:54 »
We will be getting sample colors blocks for the colors we want from both manufacturers. My friends have iPhones so I'll compare it to theirs side to side and post photos of those:).

Great! Thanks for going the extra mile so that we can roughly compare colours prior to order, Joseph.

I was already going rose gold for the M10 and the JC65, since I don't have a pink keeb yet and the rose gold looks beautiful, but now I want to double dip to get rose gold and gray. I don't have a problem, I swear

Yea the rose gold does look stunning and unique, plus according to Rama it is a round 1 exclusive (at least for the M10), but the space grey is SO good. I don't have the money to double dip right now but if I did it'd be 100% both those colours. Gotta figure out which will work best with my key sets, most of which are darker base (currently Granite; Keyboard & Co, Toxic, Miami Dolch and GMK laser soon enough!), rose gold + black is often used in luxury watches and other similar products and I like it very much but a stealthier approach with space grey may be even better. Deciding colours is always the worst part.

Don't worry, I don't have a problem either, trust.

Help me.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #146 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 19:05:30 »
I got my M4-A yesterday, and here's a video of the PCB for this upcoming GB with Nylon.

It looks awesome.

Here's a video of the PCB with the M4-A nylon.

https://vid.me/bAmx
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 December 2016, 06:12:10 by jchan94 »

Offline breckstar

« Reply #147 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 19:13:56 »
I got my M4-A yesterday, and here's a video of the PCB for this upcoming GB with Nylon.

It looks awesome.

Looks legit

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #148 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 19:44:36 »

It looks awesome.

I thought the base was gonna be POM?
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline Moderate

« Reply #149 on: Wed, 30 November 2016, 01:03:34 »
I thought the base was gonna be POM?

Possibly an availability/cost effectiveness thing? If I'm not mistaken POM is a fair bit more expensive to work with than nylon with minimal benefits or differences in this application.

As long as it achieves the desired light diffusing properties though..  ;D

Btw jchan and rama, great work. This looks like it's coming together very well!