Author Topic: [IC] SP-SA Carbon Round 2  (Read 139610 times)

Offline kikan

Re: [IC] SP-SA Carbon Round 2
« Reply #500 on: Sat, 20 May 2017, 13:49:08 »
Hi T0mb3ry

Update.

Novelties
- Added Carbon signature keys (legacy for those who missed novelties round 1, though also interesting for others in round 2).
Show Image

Exotic kit

- Added missing row 4 1.25u DEL key for race 2
Show Image

Since we got no more time i call the kits as FINALIZED. That means i do not take any new suggestion but i can consider some changes if there are some errors. So check the keys you are interested in, and if you miss something or encountered an error - reply here.

All in all the amount of kits is crazy and there is something for everybody.

So much for the blank alphas  :'(. I guess that's the game. You can't please everyone.

Btw, I don't see the R4 1.25u DEL key in the image you just posted.

Do you have an idea where I could find a blank SA kit somewhere that would match the beige colour?

Regards,

G

Sorry forgot to add blanks. Will add in next update i promise. There will be only beige blanks - rows 1234 and 5 columns (total 20 keys) + 1 deep dish homing key ;)

!!! Man crush alert !!!!

Thanks!!!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Offline dsaf

« Reply #501 on: Sat, 20 May 2017, 14:12:04 »
Update.

Novelties
- Added Carbon signature keys (legacy for those who missed novelties round 1, though also interesting for others in round 2).
Show Image

Exotic kit

Show Image

Since we got no more time i call the kits as FINALIZED. That means i do not take any new suggestion but i can consider some changes if there are some errors. So check the keys you are interested in, and if you miss something or encountered an error - reply here.

The only "error" I see is there is no honeycomb pattern key R4 2.75/1.25. This is the only way for ISO TKL to have this novelty at all AFAIK and it would also be a usable option for the majority of other buyers (TKL + full-size). I would buy a kit I don't need just to get this button.

Is this too late to implement at this stage or doesn't fit within the vision for kits?

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #502 on: Sat, 20 May 2017, 14:28:46 »
Update.

Novelties
Show Image

Exotic kit

Show Image

The only "error" I see is there is no honeycomb pattern key R4 2.75/1.25. This is the only way for ISO TKL to have this novelty at all AFAIK and it would also be a usable option for the majority of other buyers (TKL + full-size). I would buy a kit I don't need just to get this button.

Is this too late to implement at this stage or doesn't fit within the vision for kits?

As i said i will not introduce new kits. Also i do not take any new suggestions. Anyway i think there was already similar request which i already rejected because i do not like the results of graphene mods. Though you are asking for specific keys but you are not the only one and if i do it then as graphene modifiers. So the key are not gonna happen this round. Btw not in this style. I need to think about how to implement it more properly.

Offline dsaf

« Reply #503 on: Sat, 20 May 2017, 15:08:15 »
...So the key are not gonna happen this round. Btw not in this style. I need to think about how to implement it more properly.

Fair enough, I just wanted to try my luck one last time :). Looking forward to add Round 3 novelties to my Round 2 set!

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #504 on: Sat, 20 May 2017, 15:29:29 »
Update.

* NEW *
Blank alphas

Offline kikan

« Reply #505 on: Sat, 20 May 2017, 15:31:22 »
Update.

* NEW *
Blank alphas

Show Image

YEAH !!!!!!

Danke Schon !

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #506 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 12:49:22 »
Update.

Ergodox professional kit
- Replaced Row 3 1.5u "RETURN" key with missing "TAB" (Input Club default layout). Keep in mind Ergodox professional kit is supposed to support mainly default layouts (with some various keys) of Kinesis and Infinity Ergodox from Input Club.

Offline buzzking00

« Reply #507 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 12:52:49 »
Any price estimates for kits?

Offline poolside

« Reply #508 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 14:36:19 »
1.25u & 1.5u CapsLock in the modfiers extension kit: I love it. :thumb:

The flex kit has three simplified minus, equals and backslash keycaps. Is the simplified tilde missing from this kit?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #509 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 15:18:47 »
The flex kit has three simplified minus, equals and backslash keycaps. Is the simplified tilde missing from this kit?

Good catch its missing.  :thumb: Will add in the next update.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #510 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 15:24:11 »
Update.

Flex kit

- Added missing tilde.

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #511 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 16:00:24 »
Would it be possible to add a Row 2 tilde key to the white on black in the Number Row Kit too. Because right now the only other tilde in that color is a Row 1.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #512 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 16:30:12 »
Would it be possible to add a Row 2 tilde key to the white on black in the Number Row Kit too. Because right now the only other tilde in that color is a Row 1.

Number row kit is not right btw its an error. Both rows are row 1. Thanks for the catch anyway :) I'll fix it.

Edit: fixed.
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 May 2017, 16:34:14 by T0mb3ry »

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #513 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 16:50:55 »

Number row kit is not right btw its an error. Both rows are row 1. Thanks for the catch anyway :) I'll fix it.

Edit: fixed.

Ah alright then. Thats to bad, but it makes sense.

Offline dsaf

« Reply #514 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 14:01:51 »
By the way, will this round have true R4 shifts in all sizes?

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=76674.0

Offline Bob

• Kaleidographer
« Reply #515 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 18:44:53 »

Thanks for sharing this dsaf; I wasn't even aware that shift keys didn't exist in row 4. Having the wrong profile cap for any row is kind of a deal breaker in my mind. I'm surprised I haven't heard more complaints about this during other group buys.

edit: wait, I just saw the date on the topic you linked to... is this still even an issue?
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 May 2017, 18:50:08 by Bob »
TG3 BL82, Cherry MX clears
Access IS 15x8 matrix layout, Cherry MX blacks

Offline Atredl

« Reply #516 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 20:55:17 »

Thanks for sharing this dsaf; I wasn't even aware that shift keys didn't exist in row 4. Having the wrong profile cap for any row is kind of a deal breaker in my mind. I'm surprised I haven't heard more complaints about this during other group buys.

edit: wait, I just saw the date on the topic you linked to... is this still even an issue?

Yeah this hasn't been an issue for a while now.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #517 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 23:52:32 »
Main row profile is 112344 in that case its pretty obvious that shifts are going to be row 4. Say it is - what you see is what you get. Either way i would had left a note on the bottom of the mockup for it like i did it in round1.

Offline Simia_4

« Reply #518 on: Tue, 23 May 2017, 11:55:20 »
Is it safe to assume the modifiers kit spacekey will be 6.25u? This will be my first keycap purchase.

*EDIT* I also wonder what the price points will be for this. I'm thinking about getting 10 of the kits but have no real idea of what everything will cost.
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 May 2017, 15:33:09 by Simia_4 »

Offline maximm

« Reply #519 on: Tue, 23 May 2017, 13:05:22 »
Can we get the two "ISO alphas " in orange? Either in the Norde  kit or the orange alphas kit. So we can use the orange alphas on an ISO board

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #520 on: Tue, 23 May 2017, 15:18:42 »
Update.

Beige NORDEUK kit
- Renamed NORDEUK kit to Beige NORDEUK kit

*NEW*
Orange NORDEUK kit
- Nothing to say here its obvious.

*New*
Half-Life Lambda kit
As you can see i got permission from Valve to offer once a year their Half-Life Lambda in Carbon Keyset. Keep in mind only once a year. In that case i will offer Half-Life lambda only during Carbon drop.
Kudos to Valve Corporation and especially to Gabe Newell and Liam Lavery who gave me the permission to offer you Half-Life Lambda keys!

Can we get the two "ISO alphas " in orange? Either in the Norde  kit or the orange alphas kit. So we can use the orange alphas on an ISO board
Enjoy proper Orange NORDEUK alphas  ;)

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #521 on: Tue, 23 May 2017, 15:20:10 »
*New*
Half-Life Lambda kit
As you can see i got permission from Valve to offer once a year their Half-Life Lambda in Carbon Keyset. Keep in mind only once a year. In that case i will offer Half-Life lambda only during Carbon drop.
Kudos to Valve Corporation and especially to Gabe Newell and Liam Lavery who gave me the permission to offer you Half-Life Lambda keys!
Show Image

One more time!

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #522 on: Tue, 23 May 2017, 15:26:22 »
Half-Life Lambda kit
Show Image

Well I guess I'm getting this too. :rolleyes:

I'm gonna blow way to much money on this kit, and I haven't even decided what board to put it on yet.

Offline SBN

[IC] SP-SA Carbon Round 2
« Reply #523 on: Tue, 23 May 2017, 15:26:23 »

*New*
Half-Life Lambda kit
Show Image

Awesome!! So looking forward to the drop!

Offline maximm

« Reply #524 on: Tue, 23 May 2017, 15:40:46 »
HOOOOOLY ****balls. That IS NICE!

Offline theillumedpanda

• Don't point that gun at me - I'm an unpaid intern!
« Reply #525 on: Tue, 23 May 2017, 15:46:20 »
That's so cool to hear!

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #526 on: Tue, 23 May 2017, 16:09:43 »
Would it be possible to add a windowed 1.75 Control key to the mod extension kits? Many keyboards don't let you relocate the caps lock led, even if you want to use the control key in its place.

Offline dsaf

« Reply #527 on: Tue, 23 May 2017, 18:19:42 »
I am going to be so poor... There is no excuse not to get orange alphas now. And 2 kits of lambdas - in case Valve changes mind in a year! Also fully sculptured lambda-only set is now possible for richest and most dedicated fans :D.

Offline Auk

« Reply #528 on: Tue, 23 May 2017, 18:49:49 »
Do the Carbon modifiers look gray in person? or are they almost black? I've looked at photos posted form the earlier rounds and it's hard to tell how dark they are, they look very dark or /black in some photos, but gray in others.
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 May 2017, 18:56:33 by Auk »

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #529 on: Tue, 23 May 2017, 18:59:58 »
Do the Carbon modifiers look gray in person? or are they almost black? I've looked at photos posted form the earlier rounds and it's hard to tell how dark they are, they look very dark or /black in some photos, but gray in others.

It's definitely gray. I think this is a good picture that shows the colors very realistically, maybe 5% less red, unless your monitor is badly calibrated of course

photo by techmattr
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 May 2017, 19:10:26 by Oblotzky »

Offline Auk

« Reply #530 on: Tue, 23 May 2017, 19:17:13 »
It's definitely gray...

Thanks! The display I'm using right now is pretty bad for color, but if I can take that photo as a reference I should be able to view it later on something reasonably accurate.

Offline danielpall

« Reply #531 on: Tue, 23 May 2017, 19:49:43 »
Is there a chance of a kit with the ISO enter keys and the smaller left shift?

No extra design needed for that one. That would be awesome if you could look into it.

Can't wait for the drop.

Offline stevenpa

« Reply #532 on: Tue, 23 May 2017, 21:05:41 »
This is going to be the first time I'll have something I can tell my gf to get me! Can't wait

Offline bun

« Reply #533 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 05:16:21 »
T0mb3ry,

These are looking really good mate.

Definitely will be joining this drop.

Dem lambda caps tho  :eek:

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #534 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 12:48:14 »
Would it be possible to get the orange enter key with the Bone Mod Kit. I wanna use the orange as an accent, but I like the Bone Mods so much more. I know I could get the one with the novelty kit, but I would prefer one with the text printed instead of the pattern.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #535 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 13:37:01 »
As i said previously the kits are final. I dont get why all the suggestion come this late. I do not take any suggestions, because its too late and the drop will start in upcoming few weeks.

Offline yookwh

« Reply #536 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 13:38:18 »
As i said previously the kits are final. I dont get why all the suggestion come this late. I do not take any suggestions, because its too late and the drop will start in upcoming few weeks.

Ooooh hype!

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
« Reply #537 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 13:40:47 »

No more feedback is needed at this point. This is looking awesome. Thanks for all the hard work. Can't wait for the drop!

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #538 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 13:45:43 »
Sorry I thought that was just for suggesting new keys, not moving others around. It's not a huge deal though.

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #539 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 16:03:14 »
Just got an email from massdrop saying that Carbon is dropping next Wednesday, the 31st.  Wasn't expecting it quite that soon, so at this rate I'll be going continuously from Oblivion to Yuri to Carbon to Laser if that's out in June.  Thank god I don't like the yellow of Nautilus otherwise I might as well set my wallet on fire.  Though this drop is gonna be incredibly brutal since there are so many kits I want to grab.

Offline christophertsao

• Lurker
« Reply #540 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 16:12:23 »
Hopefully the Flex Kit isn't too expensive, as it's the only way to get a R1 "=" for my FC210TP numpad  :( :'(
(null)

Offline colbs

« Reply #541 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 16:16:55 »
Hopefully the Flex Kit isn't too expensive, as it's the only way to get a R1 "=" for my FC210TP numpad  :( :'(

Shouldn't be too bad...as far as I can tell no new molds are involved there, and there really aren't that many keys.  Given that a full set of alphas is normally around $35-40, I would expect the flex kit to be pretty affordable.

Offline christophertsao

• Lurker
« Reply #542 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 16:23:05 »

Shouldn't be too bad...as far as I can tell no new molds are involved there, and there really aren't that many keys.  Given that a full set of alphas is normally around $35-40, I would expect the flex kit to be pretty affordable.

Yeah, it's just unfortunate I have to buy the full flex kit for 1 key. I guess I can end up using the numbers for my F-row since I'm paying for the full thing anyway.  I just wish I had participated in this discussion earlier, before the kits were finalized, to recommend adding the "=" into the numpad kit. For standalone numpads it's a somewhat prevalent key.
(null)

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #543 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 16:27:07 »
T0mb3ry it is possible to have an extra 1.75 L-SHIFT or Noveltie in the TKL  Modifiers set? 

There are tons of 75% Keyboards around recently due the previous GBs (an example, KBD75) and a 75%  needs basically a TKL kit plus one single 1.75u L-Shift 
I highly doubt all these people will buy an extra kit for just one extra key (me included), will this be possible? 

Also same logic for all the 96-keyboards around, you will always need an extra kit ONLY for the 1.75u SHIFT.  Can you please do something about it?    :(

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #544 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 16:34:25 »
Nope people stop making suggestions. I told you before i do not gather further suggestions. You can only point out some errors if you find some. The kits are final! You had come here earlier if yo need some keys.

Offline yookwh

« Reply #545 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 16:48:42 »
> Says to stop making suggestions
> People still make suggestions

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #546 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 16:51:12 »
Looking forward to this one. :thumb:

Offline isunktheship

• AJCVisual
« Reply #547 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 16:55:02 »
*New*
Half-Life Lambda kit
Show Image

I WASN'T KIDDING AROUND!

I'm SO GLAD this worked out, this kit is a must buy, T0mb3ry ur the man now dog, R.I.P. wallet, etc. etc.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #548 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 16:56:16 »
It was not a secret and actually well known in the community that the IC for round 2 is open. It was also announced. Next time people will care more about the IC phase of the keysets they are interested in. Poping up in the last moments and asking for changes is not acceptable.

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #549 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 16:58:52 »
I think the confusion came from the fact that he said no new additions and than added several more kits. I'm not complaining, I totally understand (especially since the massdrop is going to occur so soon). But its easy to see why people are confused.