Author Topic: [IC] Blank GMK Keycap Set for the Planck  (Read 2984 times)

Offline CAPS UNLOCKED

• capsunlocked
[IC] Blank GMK Keycap Set for the Planck
« on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 13:45:50 »
Hey,

I am unsure whether this idea has been posted before but I am conducting an interest check for a blank GMK Keycap Set specifically for the Planck Keyboard.

There are 3 colours below, but the group buy would only be for one. The MOQ is 150 units.

[BASE KIT]

The base kit will include 49 keycaps.

CR
164164-0

WS1
164166-1

2B
164168-2

[PRICE]

The price for the entire kit would be 30GBP.

Shipping to the UK would be 5GBP. Shipping to countries outside of the UK would be 10GBP.

Please leave feedback below, and please inform me which colour you would most be interested in.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Re: [IC] Blank GMK Keycap Set for the Planck
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 14:02:48 »
would it not be even cheaper to run it in DCS?

also planck layouts are kinda all over the place, right? not everyone uses that layout

might be worth doin a survey or sth
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline need

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 14:36:30 »
... also planck layouts are kinda all over the place, right? not everyone uses that layout

That's why they are blank ?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 17:42:19 »
... also planck layouts are kinda all over the place, right? not everyone uses that layout

I'm talking key sizing, not legends

i'm fairly sure i'm wrong tho
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline neralo

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 22:18:36 »

I'm talking key sizing, not legends

i'm fairly sure i'm wrong tho

Planck comes in 2 physical layouts, MIT and Grid. One has the 2U spacebar in the middle, the other has 2 1U keys instead. Doesn't take much to cover the kit.

Would be interested in the grey option. Would greatly help in my quest to have a keyboard of every layout.
HHKB Pro 2 55g | TGR 910 55g Vintage Blacks | Apple Standard M0116 Orange Alps | Rosewill RK9000 Cherry MX Blues | Diverge TM 2 WKLears

Offline gnmar2723

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 22:36:00 »
I might be interested in black.

What do you think about adding OG Beige?

Offline CAPS UNLOCKED

• capsunlocked
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 08:25:08 »
I might be interested in black.

What do you think about adding OG Beige?

If the community requests the set being made available in a different colour then I am happy to offer it. The colour scheme has not been decided, I was curious as to whether there was any interest in a GMK Planck Set.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 10:50:39 »
would it not be even cheaper to run it in DCS?

also planck layouts are kinda all over the place, right? not everyone uses that layout

might be worth doin a survey or sth

Well, you can already get blank DCS sets in tons of colors, but Planck kits in cherry profile are few and far between.
keyboards.

Offline hansichen

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 10:50:59 »
I don't think that there is a need for a blanck gmk set, especially with these colors. In cherry profile there art gateron/enjoypbt sets for cheap which have a similar color and the same profile.
2 months ago I had a similar idea but due to exams and I'm not being able to do a group buy by myself I've never published this outside of a mechboards group. This was my idea of a group buy: http://imgur.com/GI0vgnZ
The colors are in triumpf adler style, color codes TU1 and WS1. I think that a color makes it more appealing for many people and having triumph adler style is also kind of vintage.
As far as I know there was no real planck only IC yet for such a set so with the right pricing and publicity on reddit this could work out.