Author Topic: Dactyl-ManuForm keyboard build  (Read 76411 times)

Offline ufoDziner

Re: Dactyl-ManuForm keyboard build
« Reply #150 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 19:33:34 »
Hi @Loligagger,
  Thanks for creating the modded files that you have, as they seem to be the most progressive of the bunch.  I just created some models using your dactyl.clj file, and am having a bit of an issue though.  It seems that changing the thumbs to mini, and/or not using 1.5u spacing for the outer column causes the mounting posts to detach from the case and just sit outside.  Could you please have a look and see if it can be corrected easily?  Also, the base plates appear to have no center.  Is that by design?  I assumed that they'd be closed.  Thanks!

Offline Loligagger

« Reply #151 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 20:07:29 »
The screw posts still need to be moved manually. Perhaps at some point I'll make it so they stay in perfect positions for whatever layout you pick but that's low priority for me tbh. As for the bottom plate that's how it is in the original fork as well. You'd use that to export as a .dxf then throw it in whatever 3D software you like to make a plate out of.

Offline ufoDziner

« Reply #152 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 20:44:27 »
Thanks for the prompt reply!  Would you mind giving me just a bit of guidance as to where the posts are in the code so I can try and move them?

Offline Loligagger

« Reply #153 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 20:54:37 »
It's right near the bottom, where you see "defn screw-insert-all-shapes". You'll see the 5 lines for the screw posts and their [x, y, z] offset values.

Offline ufoDziner

« Reply #154 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 21:09:58 »
Awesome.  Thanks a ton!

Offline ufoDziner

« Reply #155 on: Sat, 16 May 2020, 16:00:56 »
@Loligagger - I'm finishing up my build using your files... Thanks!  Quick question.  I'm using the Elite-C boards, so I printed 2 of your Elite-C controller holders.  The Elite-C and TRRS slots seem to be perfect, as does the fit of the controller holder in the right keyboard half.  The left side is another story though.  It doesn't appear to have the guide slots for the controller holder to slide into.  Is there some other part that I'm supposed to print for the left half?  Thanks again.

Offline Loligagger

« Reply #156 on: Sat, 16 May 2020, 17:46:29 »
The left half parts should just be a mirror of the right half.

Offline ufoDziner

« Reply #157 on: Sat, 16 May 2020, 19:30:16 »
Okay.  I used the generated files for left and right.  It appears that it's not an exact mirror, as those grooves are missing.

Offline ufoDziner

« Reply #158 on: Sun, 17 May 2020, 22:50:52 »
Finished it!!!  Super pleased, just need to work on my typing skills now!!!

Offline ufoDziner

« Reply #159 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 09:49:37 »
Would you mind sharing the step file for your Elite-C holder?  I'd like to mess with it a bit.  Thanks!

Offline Loligagger

« Reply #160 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 00:01:59 »
Sure, might as well share .step files for both versions of the holder.

Offline ufoDziner

« Reply #161 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 21:13:40 »
Thanks a ton!!  I just finished some floating wrist rests for it.  So far they feel really good.  Allows me to reach without having to lift, etc...

https://imgur.com/ohrozoZ

https://imgur.com/MWC0ghs