Author Topic: [GB] Canoe by Percent Studios - Round 1 complete, waiting for Round 2 to arrive.  (Read 63671 times)

Offline vonswoopington

Something is a little weird with my new Canoe. BootMapperClient won't allow me to use SHIFT + ESC to call the ~ key.

On my old canoe, tilde works fine. On the new canoe, it doesn't. I even copied the HEX from the old canoe and flashed it to the new one.

Still no dice. Nothing wrong with the board or the pcb at all. FN + SHIFT + ESC works fine to call tilde, but my old canoe can do it with SHIFT + ESC and I'd like to duplicate the behavior.

Any tips?

I'm also in the market for another PCB and Plate, not because anything is wrong but because I'd like to do the bandaid mod on my old canoe.

Did you ever figure this out? A buddy of mine is running into the same thing on his canoe.

Offline gabbbe

Re: [GB] Canoe by Percent Studios - Round 1 complete, waiting for Round 2 to arrive.
« Reply #601 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 22:24:34 »
Looking forward for a new group buy of the Canoe. Waiting impatiently  :'(

Offline Darknight00z

Re: [GB] Canoe by Percent Studios - Round 1 complete, waiting for Round 2 to arrive.
« Reply #602 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 17:28:20 »
Looking forward for a new group buy of the Canoe. Waiting impatiently  :'(

Its not a GB, its retail units ready to ship.

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #603 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 08:45:30 »
OK, so I think I just bricked my Canoe PCB... I'm really hoping someone can give me a suggestion of how to troubleshoot since I'm totally stumped.

I recently bought a Canoe on r/mechmarket and it worked beautifully for about 2 hours. Then I started playing around with the function layer key to see what buttons adjusted the backlighting, top LED, etc. I managed to turn on the key backlighting and shortly thereafter the PCB started acting very strange. The keys would stop registering after a few seconds of the keyboard being plugged in, and then the keyboard went completely dead. I'm not sure if it was a coincidence in timing with me using the function layer but I have no idea what to do at this point. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot?

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #604 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 09:14:20 »
OK, so I think I just bricked my Canoe PCB... I'm really hoping someone can give me a suggestion of how to troubleshoot since I'm totally stumped.

I recently bought a Canoe on r/mechmarket and it worked beautifully for about 2 hours. Then I started playing around with the function layer key to see what buttons adjusted the backlighting, top LED, etc. I managed to turn on the key backlighting and shortly thereafter the PCB started acting very strange. The keys would stop registering after a few seconds of the keyboard being plugged in, and then the keyboard went completely dead. I'm not sure if it was a coincidence in timing with me using the function layer but I have no idea what to do at this point. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot?
I have noticed that the canoe pcb is pretty picky when it comes to usb cables and/or usb hubs. Have you tried another cable and if you use a hub connect it directly to the PC/MB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #605 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 09:54:13 »
Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, I've tried both of those things with no success.

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #606 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 10:02:26 »
Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, I've tried both of those things with no success.
Was worth a try :( Thatís all the help I can offer unfortunately, hope others can be of more assistance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Exalted Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #607 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 10:03:46 »
Are you using screw in stabs?

make sure they're not shorting on anything
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Schumiboard" | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | MIRA SE | Weaven (MOD-M) | TGR Alice (68g vints) | MEME | Keycult No 1 (when it ships) | Southpaw Fullsize (when it ships) | I mostly use the Alice, but the Mira gets some use

has puddsy gotten an award for person most involved with things hes not involved in at all, yet?

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #608 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 10:13:43 »
Are you using screw in stabs?

make sure they're not shorting on anything

Good call. Yes it does have screw-ins. Iíll take them out and see what happens.

Offline foxlive

• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
« Reply #609 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 09:51:57 »
Hi!

I am selling  fully build Percent Canoe with Zealios 67g and zeal stab. Full blue led backlight.
https://imgur.com/gallery/Ox6kWBo

If someone miss the gb and still want one, donít hesitate to pm me! Info are in classified

:thumb:

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #610 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 11:28:54 »
Do we know the pricing for R2 retail?

Offline Sup

• 02 March 2018 Billy Herrington PepeHands
« Reply #611 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 12:08:07 »
Do we know the pricing for R2 retail?
Last one was 460 dollar shipped to the us

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Moto G (4) met Tapatalk

Offline oldcat

• Professor | Speaker | Keyboard Lover
« Reply #612 on: Sun, 23 September 2018, 18:41:04 »
selling an extra plate/pcb combo with Tealios if anyone is interested
$ Canoe|Doro67|DC60|Orange75
$ Join ALF Discord to discuss DC60, Doro67, Chicory40, UniGo66, G60, Dolch.CR, and more: https://discord.gg/NHYnp8g
$ ALF official website: https://alfstudio.club/
$ Join Doro67 GB currently live: https://alfstudio.club/doro67-GB/