Author Topic: IBM Model M Space Saving Mini Love  (Read 44468 times)

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
IBM Model M Space Saving Mini Love
« on: Wed, 07 April 2010, 07:58:46 »
I just received a shipment of 5 of my currently FAVE IBM keyboard.   I'm also awaiting delivery of 2 IBM Model F AT 84 key units, but until they arrive, I feel that the Space Saving Mini is KING of the heap.  

The box arrived yesterday afternoon via UPS and of course the box was damaged and one of the keyboards was sticking out of the box.    Nice....  But I can't really blame UPS since the keyboards were shipped with just 2 pieces of bubble wrap separating all 5 of the boards.  

One was busted up.  Cracked frame, scuffed up case, broken keys etc..  Luckily the other 4 arrived intact.   Has anyone else bought from surplus warehouses before?   Do Model M keyboards usually ship with an SDL cable??  Because I received ZERO cords for the 5 boards.  

Group shot:

Busted keys and broken frame on what "was" a very nice board:

Some shots of three of the boards.   Supposedly these were cleaned and refurbished, but not to my standards.   But I guess they're nicer than what I've picked up on ebay.  

Now here is an interesting board with a different layout.   I'm not sure what the different keys are for?  Any help/info would be greatly appreciated.   On this board, shift + help activates the numpad.   I also have no idea what the extra FN keys are for?   Noob question again, but is there a way to find out how those keys are mapped??

I have a few more of these coming in this week, including a formerly NIB unit and a German layout 85 key and finally an Industrial.  

Anyone else have any unusual Space Saving models??  I'd love to see what's out there.  

Thx,

skc

Offline platon

« Reply #1 on: Wed, 07 April 2010, 08:25:01 »
wow, you are a rich man my friend! where did you get all these minis from again? And you found an industrial mini?

A week ago i received my NIB space saver from ebay and i fell in love with it instantly. I am not stopping at owning only one of these :).

From what i understand these kbs do not come with an sdl cable, but some ebay sellers include one out of courtesy.
Filco Majestouch brown no nkro, Filco tenkeyless white lettered with browns, IBM Model M 1392934 Space Saving \'91 x 2, Cherry G80-3000 LSCEU-2, Chicony KB-5181, SGI Granite 9500900, IBM Model M 52G9658 \'94, HHKB Lite 2 for Mac, SGI RT6856T (rubber dome), Logitech Illuminated Keyboard, CH DT225 trackball, SGI 063-0009-001 mouse

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 07 April 2010, 08:30:30 »
Concerning the SDL cables, there are a certain amount of Model Ms (Space Saving, Regular, whatever) that were Field Replacement Units (FRUs).  These did not come with a cable.  The FRU would be sent to the client or replaced by a technician for the client, and the existing cable would be used since they are detachable.  While this might be one reason for MIA cables, it could also be that they were lost or not shipped by a negligent seller.  You can get replacements from Unicomp, IIRC.

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 07 April 2010, 08:41:31 »
Quote from: itlnstln;170286
Concerning the SDL cables, there are a certain amount of Model Ms (Space Saving, Regular, whatever) that were Field Replacement Units (FRUs).  These did not come with a cable.  The FRU would be sent to the client or replaced by a technician for the client, and the existing cable would be used since they are detachable.  While this might be one reason for MIA cables, it could also be that they were lost or not shipped by a negligent seller.  You can get replacements from Unicomp, IIRC.

But the Unicomp ones don't say "IBM" on them ...

I found a seller on Ebay with new cables.   On their website, they sell them for $10/ea + shipping.   I just bought a bunch, no big deal.

skc

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 07 April 2010, 08:42:41 »
Quote from: platon;170284
wow, you are a rich man my friend! where did you get all these minis from again? And you found an industrial mini?

A week ago i received my NIB space saver from ebay and i fell in love with it instantly. I am not stopping at owning only one of these :).

From what i understand these kbs do not come with an sdl cable, but some ebay sellers include one out of courtesy.

NIB huh???  Are you going to mod it??   I highly recommend the nuts/bolts mod.   Just be sure to read Rip's directions and not just look at the pictures LOL.

Offline platon

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 07 April 2010, 08:48:05 »
Quote from: skcheng;170291
NIB huh???  Are you going to mod it??   I highly recommend the nuts/bolts mod.   Just be sure to read Rip's directions and not just look at the pictures LOL.

No modding yet, It is still so virgin :) But it is gonna lose its nib status fast cause i use it at home daily. Maybe ill open it up in a few months!
Filco Majestouch brown no nkro, Filco tenkeyless white lettered with browns, IBM Model M 1392934 Space Saving \'91 x 2, Cherry G80-3000 LSCEU-2, Chicony KB-5181, SGI Granite 9500900, IBM Model M 52G9658 \'94, HHKB Lite 2 for Mac, SGI RT6856T (rubber dome), Logitech Illuminated Keyboard, CH DT225 trackball, SGI 063-0009-001 mouse

Offline keyb_gr

• Cherrified user
    • My keyboard page (German)
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 07 April 2010, 09:15:40 »
Quote from: skcheng;170277
Now here is an interesting board with a different layout.   I'm not sure what the different keys are for?

That's a terminal board. If you can't get it to work properly, consider modding it with the controller board and keys from the busted board.
Hardware in signatures clutters Google search results. There should be a field in the profile for that (again).

This message was probably typed on a vintage G80-3000 with blues. Double-shots, baby. :D

Offline didjamatic

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 07 April 2010, 09:34:42 »
Nice score of minis!  If that seller doesn't refund you some dough, you need to go Epic Beard Man on him.

IBM F :: IBM M :: Northgate :: Cherry G80 :: Realforce :: DAS 4

Offline Mental Hobbit

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 07 April 2010, 10:13:13 »
Did the description say they come with cables, or were cables on the photos? That's something I always check on Model M auctions, as SDL cables are a lot more difficult to get in Europe than the keyboards.
Typing on blues.

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 07 April 2010, 12:08:27 »
Quote from: platon;170284

I'm not exactly rich, but I do have my collecting obsessions  :-))

I love functional art including exotic pool cues, knives, flashlights, rare and exotic lps, yo-yo's.  So this is actually an inexpensive hobby for me.   I'm not Webwit though......can't afford flashy aluminum keycaps!!

I found these keyboards at a Computer surplus store.   They are in good shape, so I'll probably call to see if they have more.   Weren't cheap.....

I checked and they have hundreds of SDL cables.   I think it's not that big of a deal to supply some cables considering I purchased 5 keyboards.  

skc

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 07 April 2010, 12:09:55 »
Quote from: keyb_gr;170296
That's a terminal board. If you can't get it to work properly, consider modding it with the controller board and keys from the busted board.

Everything seems to work from what I can tell??   I don't really use the function keys, so I think I'll just keep it the way it is.    Weird how there's an Enter button on the right by the space bar.

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 07 April 2010, 12:10:53 »
Quote from: didjamatic;170306
Nice score of minis!  If that seller doesn't refund you some dough, you need to go Epic Beard Man on him.

Show Image

They've been nice to deal with so far today.   Just filled out the RMA info.  

Epic Beard Man huh??

skc

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 07 April 2010, 12:12:05 »
Quote from: Mental Hobbit;170316
Did the description say they come with cables, or were cables on the photos? That's something I always check on Model M auctions, as SDL cables are a lot more difficult to get in Europe than the keyboards.

The description did not say that they come with cables.  But then again, there was no description.   Just a model no. and availability.    No worries since I already purchased 5 new cables at $10/ea from an Electronics supplier.
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 April 2010, 12:35:52 by skcheng »

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 07 April 2010, 12:34:27 »
Did IBM consider the cable to be part of the PC, then?

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 07 April 2010, 12:35:52 »
Now here is an interesting board with a different layout. I'm not sure what the different keys are for? Any help/info would be greatly appreciated. On this board, shift + help activates the numpad. I also have no idea what the extra FN keys are for? Noob question again, but is there a way to find out how those keys are mapped??

The keycaps are from a 3151 terminal keyboard. I think IBM may have made space saving versions of the 3151, but a) 3151s were PS/2 incompatible, and used permanently attached RJ-11 cables and b) the keycaps on yours are inconsistent... for example, only every second or third F key is a terminal one. Any of the terminal space saving keyboards I've seen didn't have the numpad emulator, and the part number is that of a normal, run of the mill space saver, so the final diagnosis is...

Whoever sold it had a space saver with missing caps. He had a 3151 keyboard which he couldn't sell because it wasn't PS/2 compatible. He killed two birds with one stone. In terms of internals, or extra key functions, there's nothing interesting at all about your keyboard.

Anyone else have any unusual Space Saving models?? I'd love to see what's out there.

There's the almost mythical Industrial Grey one which some folks around here have. There's also the UNIC046 with the strange US ISO layout that seems to have been very popular in Japan for some reason...

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 07 April 2010, 13:21:12 »
Quote from: ch_123;170382
The keycaps are from a 3151 terminal keyboard. I think IBM may have made space saving versions of the 3151, but a) 3151s were PS/2 incompatible, and used permanently attached RJ-11 cables and b) the keycaps on yours are inconsistent... for example, only every second or third F key is a terminal one. Any of the terminal space saving keyboards I've seen didn't have the numpad emulator, and the part number is that of a normal, run of the mill space saver, so the final diagnosis is...

Whoever sold it had a space saver with missing caps. He had a 3151 keyboard which he couldn't sell because it wasn't PS/2 compatible. He killed two birds with one stone. In terms of internals, or extra key functions, there's nothing interesting at all about your keyboard.

Cool.  Thanks for the info.  The odd thing is that out of the 5 keyboards I received that one looked the newest as if it had hardly been used if ever.   The others at least show signs of wear.    But if there's nothing special with layout and the keyboard, I'll simply swap in a brand new set of keys for the standard layout.  

There's the almost mythical Industrial Grey one which some folks around here have. There's also the UNIC046 with the strange US ISO layout that seems to have been very popular in Japan for some reason...

I have one of those coming my way along with an 85 key German layout Space Saving keyboard with the vertical enter.    I'll post pics as soon as I get them in.

Thanks for the help!!

skc

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 07 April 2010, 13:23:23 »
Quote from: ripster;170379
The Ms never came with the cables in the box.  Although interestingly enough there is a space in the foam packaging were one fits.

Congrats on the Minis.  The King of Keyboards!

Thanks Rip.   So I don't feel so bad that my boards came sans cables??   No big deal......I just thought they forgot.    Price on the cables.......$26/ea??

Offline kishy

• Eye Bee M
    • http://kishy.ca/
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 07 April 2010, 13:25:05 »
You can make your own if you're a resourceful person with the right crimp tool. AMP SDL connectors - the exact same parts originally used by IBM - can be bought from Tyco Electronics.
Enthusiast of springs which buckle noisily: my keyboards
Want to learn about the Kishsaver?
kishy.ca

Offline kishy

• Eye Bee M
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 07 April 2010, 13:28:39 »
Keep in mind, however, that the crimp tool costs eleven hundred dollars.
kishy.ca

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 07 April 2010, 13:32:21 »
I got one from the US for about €10 inc. shipping once.

I have one of those coming my way along with an 85 key German layout Space Saving keyboard with the vertical enter.

Oh, interesting. I would like to see an actual proper European layout space saver Model M... Looking forward to pics.

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #20 on: Wed, 07 April 2010, 13:32:52 »
Quote from: kishy;170421
Keep in mind, however, that the crimp tool costs eleven hundred dollars.

I wonder if you can use something like a CAT5 crimper.  I don't have an M near me to get a better look at the connector, unfortunately.

Offline pfink

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 07 April 2010, 13:40:02 »
Quote from: kishy;170419
You can make your own if you're a resourceful person with the right crimp tool. AMP SDL connectors - the exact same parts originally used by IBM - can be bought from Tyco Electronics.

It's much simpler (and cheaper) to buy an SDL->PS/2 cable than to find the parts and tools for making your own. Anyone that stocks the 6-conductor version seems to only sell them in quantity, and IIRC the price on the crimp tool was [strike]several hundred[/strike] over a thousand bucks if you can find one for sale.

I'm still kicking myself for not bidding on the SDL crimper that ending up going for ten bucks on eBay last year:

http://geekhack.org/showpost.php?p=108489&postcount=14
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 April 2010, 15:25:51 by pfink »

Offline kishy

• Eye Bee M
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 07 April 2010, 13:42:42 »
RJ45 is no good in this case. Same principle at heart but won't fit.

I'd really like to set up shop assembling Model M cables. They'd go for cost + $5, nothing extravagant, but if the initial investment is too big it doesn't make sense.
kishy.ca

Offline pfink

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 07 April 2010, 13:44:26 »
Quote from: kishy;170419

It's much simpler (and cheaper) to buy an SDL->PS/2 cable than to find the parts and tools for making your own. Anyone that stocks the 6-conductor version seems to only sell them in quantity, and IIRC the price on the crimp tool was [strike]several hundred[/strike] over a thousand bucks if you can find one for sale.

I'm still kicking myself for not bidding on the SDL crimper that ending up going for ten buck on eBay last year:

http://geekhack.org/showpost.php?p=108489&postcount=14

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 07 April 2010, 22:56:07 »
I spent the better part of today during work and after cleaning up one of the boards which I'll be parting with in the next few days.  

Outer casing cleaned and scrubbed with Goo Gone and Simple Green.  And stains buffed out and polished.   Frame cleaned with brushes, Q-tips and some Armor-All.   Keys cleaned in my heated ultrasonic with a Fixodent tablet and hand scrubbed with Simple Green.    I like 2 piece caps, but I don't really like taking them apart to dry.   Bit of a pain in the ass.   Keycaps look like new.  

Some pics:

I don't know whether I prefer the ivory framed version or the black framed version??    Both are nice and I'm glad that I have a few of each  ;-))

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 08 April 2010, 09:30:01 »
All done.  Ain't she purty......

20 yrs worth of build-up glue (someone glued this board down with double stick tape and other nonsense).   Keys all have full texture and clearly legible dye.  Really GREAT keys on these old IBM keyboards.  

And the ready to go out and party body stocking shot.  Thanks for the tip Welly.  

Offline didjamatic

« Reply #26 on: Thu, 08 April 2010, 09:31:25 »
Nice clean job.

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 08 April 2010, 10:02:54 »
Quote from: didjamatic;170613
Nice clean job.

Thanks Didj!!   Could have been yours .....  :-)

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 08 April 2010, 15:57:47 »
So what's going to happen to that awesome clean board? You're going to sell it to me, right?
I trolled Geekhack and all I got was an eponymous SPOS.

Offline Shadin

« Reply #29 on: Thu, 08 April 2010, 17:12:33 »
Any clues to what surplus company you're using?  I haven't had any lucking finding even one 84-key yet.
System - Intel Core 2 Quad 9550 2.83GHz @ 3.4GHz - ASUS P5Q PRO Intel P45 ATX Motherboard - 4GB Corsair XMS DDR2-800 - Sapphire HD 4870 512MB Video Card
Keyboards - IBM Model M 1391401 (07DEC92)
Heatware

Offline pfink

« Reply #30 on: Thu, 08 April 2010, 21:39:21 »
I thought I'd get in on the Space Saver love fest...

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 08 April 2010, 21:42:02 »
Thanks for posting!!   I really dig the camo board.  I'll have a few more to post in a couple of days.   I'm waiting on my 86 key German layout board to arrive.  

Have you done the nuts/bolts mod on any of them??  

skc

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #32 on: Thu, 08 April 2010, 21:43:59 »
Quote from: ricercar;170704
So what's going to happen to that awesome clean board? You're going to sell it to me, right?

Hey Ricer.   I have 2 spoken for already.   I share......

You don't have one of these???  

skc

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #33 on: Thu, 08 April 2010, 21:45:41 »
Quote from: Shadin;170722
Any clues to what surplus company you're using?  I haven't had any lucking finding even one 84-key yet.

Well......I basically punched in some model numbers on Google and then started making phone calls.    Is that a good enough clue.   And they weren't exactly cheap, but at least I have enough for myself now and then some :-))

Offline pfink

« Reply #34 on: Thu, 08 April 2010, 21:49:41 »
Quote from: ripster;170781
Hey Pfink, how did you do that IBM label on the black one?

I bought some IBM ThinkPad labels on eBay and cut off the "ThinkPad".

http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-Thinkpad-Sticker-Badge-Logo-Label-C3_W0QQitemZ180474582929QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2a051f9791

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
« Reply #35 on: Thu, 08 April 2010, 21:51:22 »
Quote from: skcheng;170779
Hey Ricer.   I have 2 spoken for already.   I share......

You don't have one of these???  

skc

I have no space saver yet. I'd like to speak for one. Especially with white insides; I've never seen that before.
I trolled Geekhack and all I got was an eponymous SPOS.

Offline pfink

« Reply #36 on: Thu, 08 April 2010, 21:51:43 »
Quote from: skcheng;170778
Thanks for posting!!   I really dig the camo board.  I'll have a few more to post in a couple of days.   I'm waiting on my 86 key German layout board to arrive.  

Have you done the nuts/bolts mod on any of them??  

Not yet. That's on the "to do" list along with the USB mod.

Offline maxlugar

« Reply #37 on: Fri, 09 April 2010, 02:16:30 »
Quote from: ripster;170379

Congrats on the Minis.  The King of Keyboards!

Agreed.  They are indeed The King of Mini Model M Keyboards.

(You know, that those cost engineered, technologically superior buckling springs over membrane key switches).

No dedicated number pad and such sharp, precise, tactile key presses. I mean can it get any better than that?  Plus those membrane direct contact switches are so awesome! No key bounce or chatter and outstanding NKRO.

But best of all, they are so cool and modern looking - not the slightest hint of "Vintage" with those Model M Minis, no siree.

Maybe I'll wait until a sealed NIB Mini is offered for sale...I'll bet one of those is worth a lot more than those crappy Vintage 84-key PC AT Model F capacitive switch keyboards.  :)
Emperor of the IBM 84-key AT Model F Darkside

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 09 April 2010, 03:35:45 »
Oh, interesting. I would like to see an actual proper European layout space saver Model M... Looking forward to pics.[/QUOTE]

I'll post pics as soon as I receive them.  I have three coming in.....all NIB.   Can't wait to see them.....I just expedited shipping on them.  

Do you have links to any IBM German keyboards??   And the only link I could find to an 85 Key Space Saving keyboard was on ClickyKeyboards.com.  

This one:

86-Key Space Saver

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 09 April 2010, 03:38:56 »
Quote from: maxlugar;170806
Agreed.  They are indeed The King of Mini Model M Keyboards.

(You know, that those cost engineered, technologically superior buckling springs over membrane key switches).

No dedicated number pad and such sharp, precise, tactile key presses. I mean can it get any better than that?  Plus those membrane direct contact switches are so awesome! No key bounce or chatter and outstanding NKRO.

But best of all, they are so cool and modern looking - not the slightest hint of "Vintage" with those Model M Minis, no siree.

Maybe I'll wait until a sealed NIB Mini is offered for sale...I'll bet one of those is worth a lot more than those crappy Vintage 84-key PC AT Model F capacitive switch keyboards.  :)

There's one on ebay right now.   I'm gonna bet that it's an '88 Model 1392934with a black frame and a somewhat dirty looking SDL cable.   And I'm gonna guess that it will sell for just over $200  :-))

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #40 on: Fri, 09 April 2010, 03:43:06 »
Quote from: pfink;170777
I thought I'd get in on the Space Saver love fest...

Show Image

Have you found your various Space Savers to vary much in quality/feel.   I don't see much difference in mine.   Just great quality control all across the board.   I have two gray label  (much easier than black lettering on white label)  1392934 boards with beige frames, but one has 2 piece keycaps and the other has 1 piece keycaps.     And all of them seem to have broken rivets in the same place.  

I haven't taken apart my formerly NIB 1392934 (with a black frame) but seemingly most of these have held up really quite well considering their age.   You have 6 of these, so I'm assuming you like them??  :-))

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #41 on: Fri, 09 April 2010, 09:21:47 »
Group buy anyone??   I think I'd like one in neon green  :-))

Space Saver T-Shirt

Offline kriminal

« Reply #42 on: Fri, 09 April 2010, 10:02:14 »
Quote from: skcheng;170860
Group buy anyone??   I think I'd like one in neon green  :-))

Space Saver T-Shirt

i would like one of your M' mini's :-))
Geekhacked Filco FKBN87M/EB modified with Brown, black and blue cherries, doubleshot keycaps
Deck KBA-BL82 with Black cherries
Cherry G84-4100LCMDK-0 Cherry ML switches
Cherry G80-8200hpdus-2 Brown cherries
IBM Lexmark 51G8572 Model M Keyboard
Geekhacked Siig Minitouch KB1948
IBM Model M Mini 1397681

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #43 on: Fri, 09 April 2010, 11:16:38 »
I wouldn't buy that shirt on the strength of those reasons alone (stolen pic and "space saver").

Offline didjamatic

« Reply #44 on: Fri, 09 April 2010, 11:22:03 »
I don't know.  One of my favorite Star Wars collectibles is a set of nesting dolls my parents got for me in China, one of them features a storm trooper holding a light saber.  Obviously it was a knockoff and incorrect, but a favorite nonetheless.

Funny about that shirt, I thought it was missing the right shift key in the tshirt graphic until you just posted the original photo and I can see they are caps.  And it has a "clear" key on the left, is that a terminal board?

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 09 April 2010, 11:30:21 »
Quote from: ripster;170891
Nice T-shirt.
Show Image

******* stole my pic.
Show Image

And it's "Space Saving".  Grumble.  Lot of idiots on the internet.

I was wondering where I got Space Saver from and actually it's from your list based on current faves???   Hmmmm...

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #46 on: Fri, 09 April 2010, 12:21:55 »
Quote from: ripster;170904
Don't sweat the Space Saver thing.  No biggie.

But that dude stealing my pic!  Sometimes you have to take a STAND!

Get OFF My Internet!
Show Image

The pic is from the "International Mini Mod" btw.  One of the advantages of the nut/bolt mod is all the dinking around you can do.

I just checked again and you're right.   He DID steal your pic......I thought you were just kidding, but now I see that you weren't.

Offline phototristan

• https://www.youtube.com/phototristan
« Reply #47 on: Sat, 10 April 2010, 12:41:02 »
Are blue label ones worse than black label ones at all? Just curious.

Offline armenws

« Reply #48 on: Sat, 10 April 2010, 20:54:41 »
my favorite (and currently in-use) keyboard too.

Offline maxlugar

« Reply #49 on: Sun, 11 April 2010, 01:43:39 »
Quote from: ripster;171319
We need a secret handshake for IBM mini owners.

No you don't. I understand you people have the ability to identify others of your kind at first glance.  (the wink and licking of the lips are a dead giveaway)  :)
Emperor of the IBM 84-key AT Model F Darkside