Author Topic: [Packing] Nexus Alps slider, Nexus Top Housing  (Read 42865 times)

handmadespam and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline under.pk

Re: [Packing] Nexus Alps slider, Nexus Top Housing
« Reply #550 on: Wed, 07 November 2018, 21:38:49 »
Hi for GMK keycap it only have a problem with R3 row right? 

Anyone here from Asia want to sell the extras pls reply me, thank you.

For the original alps housings, GMK R3 is the only issue as far as full travel(still have to file to fit).

Question:

Would anyone be interested in buying any of the purple sample housings I have? They are the same as the final production version, just in purple(the same purple as the sliders). Only 16 exist and cost would be $1 and would be put in with your order before it ships out(still waiting for all packing material).

If anyone is interested PM me(must have been in the GB), I may do it raffle style or FCFS not sure yet...depends on if anyone actually wants them. I am doing this because otherwise they would sit in a box or be thrown away because they honestly have no use for me...

Oh Thank you! The only reason I didnt join at first is because I thought I have to buy housing for every switch. I just read the first post again this morning :(

Online BlindAssassin111

« Reply #551 on: Thu, 08 November 2018, 17:52:13 »
Update:

Got all of the packing materials in today, and started packing some orders(only 15 so far) Have to fold every single box, and count every slider/housing/stab by hand so this is going to take a while...I won't be shipping any of them out until all are packed as I don't want to have to do multiple trips to the post office to send these out.

Goal is to have them shipped out either before thanksgiving or the following week, depends on how fast I can actually sort and pack these.

Edit: Forgot to add, the purple housings are gone.

Offline d.caminero

« Reply #552 on: Fri, 09 November 2018, 11:49:54 »
Update:

Got all of the packing materials in today, and started packing some orders(only 15 so far) Have to fold every single box, and count every slider/housing/stab by hand so this is going to take a while...I won't be shipping any of them out until all are packed as I don't want to have to do multiple trips to the post office to send these out.

Goal is to have them shipped out either before thanksgiving or the following week, depends on how fast I can actually sort and pack these.

Edit: Forgot to add, the purple housings are gone.

Take your time, no need to rush. I'm still trying to figure out any other method for you to count them... Maybe by volume? I would have bought a scale just to not count them by hand hahah

Online BlindAssassin111

« Reply #553 on: Fri, 09 November 2018, 17:49:09 »
Take your time, no need to rush. I'm still trying to figure out any other method for you to count them... Maybe by volume? I would have bought a scale just to not count them by hand hahah

So far I have packed about 20% of orders, and it isn't terrible, I am running at a set pace per day so I don't burn out or mess up. I have a fairly good system going at the moment but the larger orders are the worst to count out, while the small ones I can count out in maybe 30 seconds without issue.

I am packing by invoice number and so far invoices up to #50 have been packed.

Offline dario

• obsessive–compulsive hardware slut
« Reply #554 on: Fri, 09 November 2018, 18:11:16 »
This is just an idea but... what do you think about making POM bottom housing too for R2?

I mean, you already have POM slider, POM upper housing, and now all that's left for a buttery smooth all-POM switch is this...

It probably wouldn't sell all that well though. But I'd buy it.  ;D

Offline garbo

« Reply #555 on: Fri, 09 November 2018, 18:20:40 »
This is just an idea but... what do you think about making POM bottom housing too for R2?

I mean, you already have POM slider, POM upper housing, and now all that's left for a buttery smooth all-POM switch is this...

The stem doesn't make contact with the bottom housing, so it wouldn't really make a difference.

At that point you might as well be recreating the switches from scratch, though, which would actually be an interesting idea.
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 November 2018, 18:22:20 by garbo »

Online BlindAssassin111

« Reply #556 on: Fri, 09 November 2018, 18:49:27 »
The stem doesn't make contact with the bottom housing, so it wouldn't really make a difference.

At that point you might as well be recreating the switches from scratch, though, which would actually be an interesting idea.

Yep, bottom housings would be pointless unless I remade alps switches in their entirety...which is something I have though about, but don't have the capital to invest for that yet. Maybe one day I will make full switches but it is something that me and TKC would have to go in on together because it would require a lot of work and money.

Offline fireworm

« Reply #557 on: Fri, 09 November 2018, 18:57:40 »

Plus the leaf, and contact plate, and spring.

And like 5 iterations to get it good enough.

Online Waven

« Reply #558 on: Sun, 11 November 2018, 06:20:20 »
If someone wants to sell some extras feel free to send me a pm.
I bought 115 sliders and housings but decided now to go for 2 65% builds.
So I need about 30 sliders and housings.
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 November 2018, 14:14:44 by Waven »

Offline d.caminero

« Reply #559 on: Sun, 11 November 2018, 15:32:23 »

Yep, bottom housings would be pointless unless I remade alps switches in their entirety...which is something I have though about, but don't have the capital to invest for that yet. Maybe one day I will make full switches but it is something that me and TKC would have to go in on together because it would require a lot of work and money.

I would love to see you guys recreating alps properly and with lots of user input, it would definitely drive alps prices low, increase the number of interesting switches to try and get more people to like alps as well, so more boards and more keysets, specially considering that with your sliders keysets would be compatible with MX as well.

One can dream... but seriously if you ever do it I'm in for the first rounds.

Online BlindAssassin111

« Reply #560 on: Sun, 11 November 2018, 16:02:40 »
I would love to see you guys recreating alps properly and with lots of user input, it would definitely drive alps prices low, increase the number of interesting switches to try and get more people to like alps as well, so more boards and more keysets, specially considering that with your sliders keysets would be compatible with MX as well.

One can dream... but seriously if you ever do it I'm in for the first rounds.

Maybe one day, but no guarantees. I have thought about it and I am willing to put in the effort, just not sure if the market would accept it as well as we would need it to(look at the iRocks attempt that failed).

Offline _haru

• Formerly linuxfanatic
  • It doesn't work, but that's beside the point.
« Reply #561 on: Sun, 11 November 2018, 19:36:26 »
Further down the track it may be an idea to make alps mx compatible, pin wise. i think this guy tried to do it but didn't get very far: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=90745.0
Quote from: subcat on Auskeys
thanks for clearing that up haru i thought your mouth really looked like the omegalul emote in real life

Offline Anakey

« Reply #562 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 02:44:43 »
many pcbs are alps/mx compatible so i think it is easier to make the pcbs fit the switches then change the switches to fit the pcb.

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #563 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 05:04:15 »
very interesting...