Author Topic: [GB] Hand painted custom wrist rest - In Production - Update #3 07/15  (Read 1347 times)

Online romeo

My friend is an artist and he made all of these, we had run a few group buy here in our local mech community and they are well received. Now it's time for an international run - Wooden, hand painted and could be made at custom size ( the length) to fit any keeb.

Reddit IC : https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/8r0wlq/ic_hand_painted_custom_wrist_rest_do_you_want_one/
GH IC : https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=96208.0

FORM : https://goo.gl/forms/vSvRAGqCx2N3RKrt2

Check your responses here :
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kmNHpPHxHPsheveQTcgrjIzwNKcVOzmay3nmXGPZQls/edit?usp=sharing

Update #3: 07/15/2018 - 75% completed for Green Forest

Update #2: 07/02/2018 - Wood preparing is completed

Product picture

- GB should remain open until 50 orders are reach,  Maximum 2 pieces for each person.
- Wooden , hand painted , clear coated.
- 3 sizes :
               S: 60,65% :  32cm , 
               M: TKL : 36 cm
               L : 96, 1800 , full size: 44cm
- Price: S/M/L : $45/$50/$55. Custom request for custom size or egordox is addition $5 from the nearest size.
- Shipping : $28 world wide via Vietnam Post / $30 for order with two pieces.
- Will be shipped as soon as completed . For a batch of 50 orders , it could take up to 45 days after payment are received.

#1 batch info :

The first batch introduces two designs of these hand painted wrist rest series - The Samurai World and Forest Green. These two colorways are not only match perfectly with the upcoming Gmk Samurai, Gmk/SA camping but also be an unique addition for any setup you might have.

Product album : https://imgur.com/a/2NmL8as

Green Forest:

Samurai World

Bonus :

Eastern Egg in Green Forest :
If put two item next together, it matched and became a huge forest :)

Thanks,
Romeo
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 July 2018, 09:07:16 by romeo »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • Rest in peace Timberman
Re: [GB] Hand painted custom wrist rest
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 09:52:19 »
Approved :D

Offline long_qt_pie

Re: [GB] Hand painted custom wrist rest - GB LIVE
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 13:34:15 »
So the other designs you have will be available later?  Also, how is this finished?
68g L-Tealios, 65g Zealios, 68g L-Vint Blacks
5 deg., Jetfire, Espectro

Offline Stagione

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 20:33:17 »
Looks amazing and good price as well  :thumb:

So the other designs you have will be available later?  Also, how is this finished?

I too would like to know if other designs will be available later as I really want the starry night and aurora designs. I like the Forest Green but unfortunately don't have GMK Camping or any sets that would match the design.

Online romeo

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 21:24:23 »
Yes, they will be available in next batches. I've an optional question in the form to vote for next run design.
About the finish, these are clear coated and could be use on daily basis without any problem. Mine was used daily for few months and show no sign of wear.

Offline Stagione

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 21:56:03 »
Yes, they will be available in next batches. I've an optional question in the form to vote for next run design.
About the finish, these are clear coated and could be use on daily basis without any problem. Mine was used daily for few months and show no sign of wear.

I don't see the optional question in the form but glad to hear they will be available later on.

Offline dasorevie

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 22:15:52 »
Looks amazing and good price as well  :thumb:

I too would like to know if other designs will be available later as I really want the starry night and aurora designs. I like the Forest Green but unfortunately don't have GMK Camping or any sets that would match the design.

Hi, I'm a maker of this GB. Behind each of my wrist rest is a story of my life or a thing i love.

Forest Green - I really love the moblie game: Alto's Adventure, It remind me the time I travelled alot, seen many diffrent beautiful natural scene.
Samruai World - Westworld season 2 and moblie game Shadow Fighter inspried me.
Harry Potter - A part of my young age.

The starry night and aurora are my first GB in Vietnam, a long story about that.

The starry night - I created it to save my childhood memory with a litte girl who we lost contact for 20 years

The aurora - I painted it when I listened "Forever - Stratovarious". In this time, I miss my first love so much, we were broke up a few years before.
So, I name my night forest with aurora paint was "Polaris", with meaning: How long, how far, I'm alway think about you.
Like the lyric form Forever "I'm still there, everywhere, I'm the dust in the wind, I'm a star, in the Nothern Sky..."

They are only 10 Polaris Wirst Rest. Then, I promised never ever paint the 11th to express my love for her.

So if you want 2 themes, I'm very pleasant draw the new, same color, same theme. But not look like extractly my old wrist rest.

Thanks.

Offline dasorevie

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 23:45:09 »
I had read some questions about can the color keep for a longtime

I use 2 types of top coat for my wirst rest suface

1st coat is Vanish gloss to protect my color and make them brighter

2nd coat is wood finish (polyethylene water base), keep my wrist rest form water, sweat vv...

so, if you don't scratch the surface and weekly clean it with cloth and pure water, your wirst rest will not have any problem with color blur

Thanks.
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 June 2018, 00:59:44 by dasorevie »

Offline cucgach

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 07:42:34 »
Good luck with the GB !!

Here is some pics from the previous GB in VN.

198241-0
198243-1
198245-2

Online ihalatch

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 01:12:51 »
What is the thickness of the front side, the one that faces the keyboard? I've been looking for at least 25mm but never found one :(

Offline dasorevie

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 02:40:00 »
What is the thickness of the front side, the one that faces the keyboard? I've been looking for at least 25mm but never found one :(

The thickness is: 1.8cm and 4mm with rubber feet 3M, total height: 2.2cm

It's almost up to 2.5cm, but with my design, you still feel comfortable.

I have 4 keeb, 75% layout, aluminum 2.5 and 2 wooden case 3cm, 96%: 2.3cm. My wrist rest are working well with all of them.

Thanks.

Online romeo

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 10:06:52 »
Update #1 : the first batch of invoices has been sent. The form is still accepting orders since we're still short of the target of 50 items. Paid Orders are sent for production already.

Online romeo

« Reply #12 on: Sat, 23 June 2018, 08:28:31 »
Samurai World in all sizes

Online romeo

Re: [GB] Hand painted custom wrist rest - In Production
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 27 June 2018, 12:22:44 »

Green forest fullsize

Online romeo

Re: [GB] Hand painted custom wrist rest - In Production
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 10:50:15 »
A nice pic of green forest