Author Topic: [GB] Dolch.CR 65% Modern Classic by Cary (shipping in progress)  (Read 37175 times)

Offline cary

• Designer of DOLCH.CR
Re: [GB] Dolch.CR 65% Modern Classic by Cary (shipping in progress)
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 13:47:59 »
Update:2019.08.14
Delivery progress 70%
WKL version hotswap PCB production problems, need to be re-made
The delivery date is not fixed, I will provide compensation (an artisan keycap)
SORRY FOR THAT! :'(

Offline cary

• Designer of DOLCH.CR
« Reply #101 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 14:00:53 »
So how are we programming the regular PCB? I tried the doro67 qmk above and now the pcb is totally unresponsive.

Yea who knows... kind of disappointed in the way the gb is going so far. Constructive feedback:

1. It was promised that the board would support QMK/VIA. 2 weeks ago Cary said "QMK is currently supported, and the via service will be available in two weeks". Well it's two weeks later and not a peep from him since then and we have guys like Merlin doing gods work and having to hack scripts himself. Cary shared some .json file with no clear instructions on which pcb is supported or what we have to do to use it. The right thing to do would have been for the boards to have shipped with working QMK and/or VIA or at the very least a timeline on when the software will be released and updates leading to it.

2. Cary has been super unresponsive. Both to PMs on here and on the discord. Still waiting on for shipping info on my black WK hotswap...

3. Cary should be posting regular updates here instead of random messages on Discord. Or better yet, how about just emailing everyone in the GB? You have all of their emails after all. There was a period of time where Cary went silent and claimed China was cracking down on VPNs or something. I don't buy it. There is always a way to message us. Overall it's a communications mess. Which keyboards have shipped? What's the status on the ones that haven't shipped? What's the status on QMK and VIA?

I do think everything will be sorted out eventually, but at this point many of us don't know when our keyboards will ship, or if you've gotten your dolch.cr you don't know when you will be able to actually use it.

I apologize for the lack of communication, most of the information is posted on DISCORD
Due to PCB production issues, I have been busy with PCB re-production recently. Ignore the importance of communication and apologize again

Two serious accidents occurred in the production of DOLCH.CR.
1.  the surface treatment (PVD) of the weight has liquid traces, and all the weights are completely remade.
2. PCB production has encountered trouble and needs to be re-made. Recently, the factory has encountered typhoon weather, resulting in very low efficiency.

The above two reasons lead to the extension of the shipment, the current delivery schedule is 70%,and I will provide compensation to buyers who have not shipped.

Offline US2040248A

« Reply #102 on: Tue, 24 September 2019, 05:48:40 »

I apologize for the lack of communication, most of the information is posted on DISCORD
Due to PCB production issues, I have been busy with PCB re-production recently. Ignore the importance of communication and apologize again

And yet you go silent again... people have been waiting for WEEKS with no update.

We don't want the "compensation" novelty key you're providing. We just want regular updates to know what's going on. Keep the novelty key.

Offline US2040248A

« Reply #103 on: Sat, 02 November 2019, 10:12:06 »
Never got my board and Cary is nowhere to be found. I hope people take note of this for any future GBs run by this group of people