Author Topic: GH60 Group Buy (Salvage Mode: Enabled - Update in OP)  (Read 1624502 times)

Offline billnye

• ability man
Re: GH60 Group Buy (PRODUCTION FOR REAL)
« Reply #3300 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 14:11:42 »
Okay guys, so a status update:
The PCBs have been produced and the US/Canada part is being shipped to tjcaustin. imsto's package is on its way too, directly from China.
The plates have been ordered, and they should take another week to finish production, according to ApocalypseMaow.

Since I'm responsible for everything that isn't USA or Canada, here's an extra status update for those people:
I thought I'd manage to ship the plateless orders before the ones with plates, but I won't. This has to do with our European taxes, and my beautiful country's taxes in particular. I will wait until the plates are ready to be shipped to me and then ask our PCB fab to send the boards, so that they come more or less at the same time. I won't go into details, but this is because I'd have to pay extra tax if my whole process takes too long.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #3301 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 14:18:42 »
Thank you guys for the responses. This is exactly what I was looking for.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #3302 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 15:08:06 »
Just curious, what are you getting from IMSTO? Stabs?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3303 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 15:13:36 »

I believe komar meant imsto's order of PCBs was going directly to imsto

Offline komar007

• komar's blog
« Reply #3304 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 16:30:39 »

I believe komar meant imsto's order of PCBs was going directly to imsto

Yup. Because he's in China and his order was large.
GH60 rev. B w/ ali's case|Cherry G80-3000 HFU/05|IBM Model M (51G8572)
Check out the GH60 project! | How to make a keyboard

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
« Reply #3305 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 08:16:25 »
If anyone still needs a case, pexon still has extra spots in his group buy for cheap aluminum cases due to canceled orders. http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47776.0
I stay busy with work and family these days, but I'm still around, lurking.

Offline ferociousfingerings

« Reply #3306 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 08:22:49 »
Awesome.

Does this mean it's finally time for me to figure out what's up with switches? It's been a long time and i simply don't remember. I'm pretty sure i ordered switches prior to the issue stated in the OP (and idk if there's more recent information about that, buried somewhere in this thread), but i don't recall if i ever did anything with 7bit/deskthority's switch handling. From what i barely recall, there was at first no issue with the GH60 handlers handling the switches. Then, it was "optional" (aka: "we'll handle it if you don't"), but now (and for a while now), the OP's switch detail seems to suggest that anyone who hasn't converted their GH60 switch order to 7bit/deskthority's order form, may be left in limbo regarding switches. (which honestly won't hurt my feelings too much, since i ordered browns originally, but have since wished i'd gone with clears... but that was after the "no more order changes" directive, so i didn't worry about it)

And: is there a way to DIY LEDs for the whole board, prior to the addon module (which may or may not ever exist)? Should i go ahead and drop a full board worth of LEDs into the GH60, just in case that module happens? Or should i assume i'll have to desolder the whole thing anyway?

TL;DR:

Switches? LEDs?

If anyone still needs a case, pexon still has extra spots in his group buy for cheap aluminum cases due to canceled orders. http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47776.0

lol... "AAAAND they're gone!" (jk, idk yet, but seems likely)
Logitech G710+

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #3307 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 08:38:26 »
And: is there a way to DIY LEDs for the whole board, prior to the addon module (which may or may not ever exist)? Should i go ahead and drop a full board worth of LEDs into the GH60, just in case that module happens? Or should i assume i'll have to desolder the whole thing anyway?

I'm pretty sure you can DIY something but I would wait for the module. You can add LEDs later without desoldering anything.

Offline komar007

• komar's blog
« Reply #3308 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 08:54:06 »
Awesome.

Does this mean it's finally time for me to figure out what's up with switches? It's been a long time and i simply don't remember. I'm pretty sure i ordered switches prior to the issue stated in the OP (and idk if there's more recent information about that, buried somewhere in this thread), but i don't recall if i ever did anything with 7bit/deskthority's switch handling. From what i barely recall, there was at first no issue with the GH60 handlers handling the switches. Then, it was "optional" (aka: "we'll handle it if you don't"), but now (and for a while now), the OP's switch detail seems to suggest that anyone who hasn't converted their GH60 switch order to 7bit/deskthority's order form, may be left in limbo regarding switches. (which honestly won't hurt my feelings too much, since i ordered browns originally, but have since wished i'd gone with clears... but that was after the "no more order changes" directive, so i didn't worry about it)

TL;DR:

Switches? LEDs?

FYI, here's the list of people (DT usernames) who ordered switches from 7bit and had them shipped to us:
0190|Strelok
0208|bugsaint
0242|n0rvig
0247|HoffmanMyster
0248|numerus
0249|Affect656
0254|ramshao
0258|LechnerDE
0259|sriak
0260|gruener_Salat
0262|gomez18
0263|mark0331
0264|Viett
0265|Laladila
0267|gtarget
0269|LordBadger
0274|midg1t
0276|Niall
0281|snoozeymon
0282|mauri
0284|tradet
0286|bear95
0291|myndzi
0294|kdash4
0299|annerick
0304|PixelScript
0317|nebo
0337|nil
0352|Robstero
I already have those which will ship from Poland, jdcarpe should also have his part (or they'll get to him soon)

As for LED backlighting, you can solder all the LEDs according to the switch legend, this means anode on the left side and it should work after attaching the LED module. Just remember, if you have a plate, solder 5 standard 100mil 5-pin headers before you solder the switches and mount the plate, or you won't manage to solder the extension module later.
Oh, and BTW, the LED module is nearly finished.

Offline ferociousfingerings

« Reply #3309 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 09:07:06 »
Thanks guys. So does this mean that both stated methods of acquiring switches have been successful, and i don't have to worry about it? That's what i think i'm seeing here, which would be great.

Also, someone recently hinted that the LED module might not happen, or might take what feels like a long time, which is why i was worried about it. I do indeed have a plate on order, and this is just the kind of thing i was hoping to read: "you can do it later without much hassle, if you prep for it in advance."

Good stuff. :)
Logitech G710+

Offline polarpigs

« Reply #3310 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 13:41:20 »
Awesome.

TL;DR:

Switches? LEDs?

FYI, here's the list of people (DT usernames) who ordered switches from 7bit and had them shipped to us:
0190|Strelok
0208|bugsaint
0242|n0rvig
0247|HoffmanMyster
0248|numerus
0249|Affect656
0254|ramshao
0258|LechnerDE
0259|sriak
0260|gruener_Salat
0262|gomez18
0263|mark0331
0264|Viett
0265|Laladila
0267|gtarget
0269|LordBadger
0274|midg1t
0276|Niall
0281|snoozeymon
0282|mauri
0284|tradet
0286|bear95
0291|myndzi
0294|kdash4
0299|annerick
0304|PixelScript
0317|nebo
0337|nil
0352|Robstero
I already have those which will ship from Poland, jdcarpe should also have his part (or they'll get to him soon)

As for LED backlighting, you can solder all the LEDs according to the switch legend, this means anode on the left side and it should work after attaching the LED module. Just remember, if you have a plate, solder 5 standard 100mil 5-pin headers before you solder the switches and mount the plate, or you won't manage to solder the extension module later.

Hey Komar,
Sorry I don't really remember what happened to the switches either and I dont see my username up there... I ordered enough Browns+2 extra with assembly. So what's happening?  :rolleyes:

Offline komar007

• komar's blog
« Reply #3311 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 13:45:42 »
You ordered 63 browns from us. But we don't know where to ship your order, to HK or CA.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #3312 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 16:33:56 »
Can you confirm this query regarding 10u spacebar and PCB mount stabs: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55640.msg1277003#msg1277003

Offline RickyJ

« Reply #3313 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 18:22:55 »
I'm just now reading about the change in how switches are being handled.  I didn't know about this before, and have already paid in June 2013 for 130x Green PCB-mount switches.  Do I need to order from 7bit instead and get refunded from the GH60 amount I paid?
Currently GMMK Pro: lubed 68g U4T, FR4 plate, extra gaskets, etc

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3314 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 19:56:19 »
I'm just now reading about the change in how switches are being handled.  I didn't know about this before, and have already paid in June 2013 for 130x Green PCB-mount switches.  Do I need to order from 7bit instead and get refunded from the GH60 amount I paid?

I'm confused, too.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #3315 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 20:04:05 »
I'm really, really happy that I ordered 7x wires :))

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3316 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 20:12:30 »

Me too.  I even ordered extras of stabilizers too, just in case I'd want them in the future.  :)

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
« Reply #3317 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 20:13:28 »

Me too.  I even ordered extras of stabilizers too, just in case I'd want them in the future.  :)

I ordered plate mount stabs, so boohoo :/
I'm just really happy that I have those wires and extra plates and whatnot

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #3318 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 20:17:00 »
Guys, don't worry about the switches. If you ordered and paid for switches, we have them.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3319 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 20:40:34 »

Plate mount hardware is harder to come by than PCB mount, in my experience - so good decision there.  If you ever need PCB mount hardware, let me know.  I have a ton of extras I'd be happy to send your way.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #3320 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 20:43:25 »

Plate mount hardware is harder to come by than PCB mount, in my experience - so good decision there.  If you ever need PCB mount hardware, let me know.  I have a ton of extras I'd be happy to send your way.

But whiskeytango has plenty of plate stabs albeit used

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #3321 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 20:48:11 »
A few months ago I realized that I ordered plate mount, so I went off and got plenty of pcb mount stabs for myself :))

I prefer the feel of pcb mount :p

Offline RickyJ

« Reply #3322 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 00:11:09 »
Guys, don't worry about the switches. If you ordered and paid for switches, we have them.

Great!  Thanks for putting my mind at ease! :D
Currently GMMK Pro: lubed 68g U4T, FR4 plate, extra gaskets, etc

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3323 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 00:35:12 »
A few months ago I realized that I ordered plate mount, so I went off and got plenty of pcb mount stabs for myself :))

I've been looking online.

I can't find stabs anywhere.

Where do you find them?

Offline n0rvig

« Reply #3324 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 00:40:14 »

Oh shoot! I should've done that. Damn.. :mad:

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #3325 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 01:27:47 »
sheeeooot looks like i should start looking at soldering irons
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #3326 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 01:30:18 »

Where do you find them?

imsto,gon

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3327 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 01:36:36 »

Where do you find them?

imsto,gon

If you just want the hardware (and 2x wires), check out Mouser or other sources.  See here for more information.  If you want wires, then Pacifist is right for buying pre-bent wires.  You can also get some wire of the correct thickness and bend your own if you're feeling ambitious.  :)

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3328 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 07:21:17 »

Where do you find them?

imsto,gon

If you just want the hardware (and 2x wires), check out Mouser or other sources.  See here for more information.  If you want wires, then Pacifist is right for buying pre-bent wires.  You can also get some wire of the correct thickness and bend your own if you're feeling ambitious.  :)

It looks like imsto has some of the stabilizers but it doesn't look like he has anything for 7x space bar stabilizers.

Offline pasph

« Reply #3329 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 07:46:56 »

Where do you find them?

imsto,gon

It looks like imsto has some of the stabilizers but it doesn't look like he has anything for 7x space bar stabilizers.

I've asked him and the kit he sells has both 6,25x and 7x Cherry PCB Mount stabilizers
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #3330 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 07:56:38 »
Just checking in.  I had my order set to ship to WFD for assembly but I haven't heard from him in a while.  Can I get it switched to be sent to me?  Also I have moved since this group buy started.  Who do I pm to send my new shipping address to?
IBM Model M SSK, Filco MJ2 Ninja TKL with Reds ergo-clears, CM Storm QFR 55g Whites, Poker II with Reds

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #3331 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 07:59:33 »
Can you confirm this query regarding 10u spacebar and PCB mount stabs: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55640.msg1277003#msg1277003

Just asking again, seems like the post got lost in the sea of switch queries.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #3332 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 08:30:17 »

Where do you find them?

imsto,gon

In addition to these two, you could probably get them from Sprit as well. I got some from imsto and I have some coming from sprit as well.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #3333 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 08:35:21 »

Just asking again, seems like the post got lost in the sea of switch queries.

Right, 10-unit spacebar stabilizer is only supported using plate mount stabs.

Just checking in.  I had my order set to ship to WFD for assembly but I haven't heard from him in a while.  Can I get it switched to be sent to me?  Also I have moved since this group buy started.  Who do I pm to send my new shipping address to?

Yes, just PM me with your shipping address. I don't think WFD will be around to do any assemblies.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3334 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 08:37:41 »
Okay guys, so a status update:
The PCBs have been produced and the US/Canada part is being shipped to tjcaustin. imsto's package is on its way too, directly from China.
The plates have been ordered, and they should take another week to finish production, according to ApocalypseMaow.

Since I'm responsible for everything that isn't USA or Canada, here's an extra status update for those people:
I thought I'd manage to ship the plateless orders before the ones with plates, but I won't. This has to do with our European taxes, and my beautiful country's taxes in particular. I will wait until the plates are ready to be shipped to me and then ask our PCB fab to send the boards, so that they come more or less at the same time. I won't go into details, but this is because I'd have to pay extra tax if my whole process takes too long.

Thanks for the updates komar!

Is there a thread which outlines the current state of production, or is this it?

Something like:
Electrical Components: waiting to order / ordered / received
Switches: waiting to order / ordered / received
Stabilizers: waiting to order / ordered / received
Plates: waiting to order / ordered / received
PCBs: waiting to order / ordered / received

I've been pulling the relevant posts when I see updates in this thread and putting them into the Simple Questions thread. Link is at the end of this post. However, I'm not directly associated in this buy so I can't say when things are received or answer anything detailed. Just posting what I see and think is relevant.

Sweet!

Good to know.

I'm adding all these updates to this post in Simple Questions.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3335 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 09:08:40 »

Where do you find them?

imsto,gon

I've asked him and the kit he sells has both 6,25x and 7x Cherry PCB Mount stabilizers

Do pcb mount stabilizers still work with a plate installed?

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3336 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 09:09:37 »

Where do you find them?

imsto,gon

In addition to these two, you could probably get them from Sprit as well. I got some from imsto and I have some coming from sprit as well.

It looks like Sprit ran out based on his order form info.

Offline tadbitnerdy

« Reply #3337 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 09:11:54 »
So, I was looking over the confirmation spreadsheet, and noticed that the second order that I picked up is not listed under my name.  Is this information located somewhere else?  I had picked up an unpaid order.  I believe I should have two orders under my name now.

Thanks,

-Tad

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #3338 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 10:48:39 »
So, I was looking over the confirmation spreadsheet, and noticed that the second order that I picked up is not listed under my name.  Is this information located somewhere else?  I had picked up an unpaid order.  I believe I should have two orders under my name now.

Thanks,

-Tad

Maybe the public spreadsheet isn't updated with your info. Please PM me the pertinent details. Thanks.

in memoriam

Offline tadbitnerdy

« Reply #3339 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 11:13:24 »
PM sent.  Thanks!

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #3340 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 11:17:21 »
Thanks fro clearing the 10u spacebar doubt.

Offline polarpigs

« Reply #3341 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 14:39:24 »

Will this part be done for us if we ordered the plate + assembly service, or will we have to source and solder our own 100mil 5-pin header thingies (obviously i don't know what this is LOL) ?

Offline komar007

• komar's blog
« Reply #3342 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 15:22:56 »
It's not done by default, especially because this wouldn't fit acrylic cases.
I think you need to talk to tjcaustin, I think he is going to assemble your order.

Offline agor

« Reply #3343 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 14:26:04 »
Would it fit the Pexon-Aluminum-Case? Low-profile Poker-Compatible.
Pictures here: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47776.0
KBD8X II - MX 5000 - Realforce 88UB - Phantom - GH60

Offline komar007

• komar's blog
« Reply #3344 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 15:19:09 »
It looks similar to the regular Poker case, in this case it should fit.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #3345 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 15:21:41 »
Would it fit the Pexon-Aluminum-Case? Low-profile Poker-Compatible.
Pictures here: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47776.0

It looks similar to the regular Poker case, in this case it should fit.

Yeah you're right komar. It'll definitely fit. :thumb:

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3346 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 15:25:15 »
edit....
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 April 2014, 15:27:43 by LechnerDE »

Offline elton5354

« Reply #3347 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 20:06:00 »
I have 3/5 GH60 orders left.  Anyone want to takeover at GB price?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3348 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 20:18:21 »

I can take one of those orders over. I'd take over more if it weren't for having a sprit on the way and Alps boards supposedly in the works.  I have some MX compatible PCB mount Alps style switches that should be coming my way.  It will be the supreme bastard board.

If anyone is wary of putting one together, but wants one, I can assemble it (sans SMD stuff) for free for you, just provide the switches.  I'll even lube with krytox for a small fee for my time if you'd like.  I usually lube while watching Prime video or Netflix since I can't sit still and watch TV or a movie.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #3349 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 20:20:23 »

if smd'd, yes!