Author Topic: Bro Caps Therapy  (Read 2715001 times)

Offline unipsykal

• ghostly lurker
Re: Bro Caps Therapy
« Reply #6750 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 22:16:50 »
+100% chance to win a bro cap sale, stacks for each failed attempt

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #6751 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 22:26:06 »
Show Image

Everyone knows Snake Eyes only increases your chances by 6% for each failed attempt.   

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #6752 on: Sun, 31 May 2015, 05:33:44 »
Show Image

Everyone knows Snake Eyes only increases your chances by 6% for each failed attempt.   
Show Image

dont forget diminishing returns  :rolleyes:
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline unipsykal

• ghostly lurker
« Reply #6753 on: Sun, 31 May 2015, 05:45:02 »
Show Image

Show Image

dont forget diminishing returns  :rolleyes:

Diminishing returns is irrelevant after I win a Bro Cap..

here have a 56 leaf clover

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #6754 on: Sun, 31 May 2015, 18:22:59 »
It never fails.  You put up that you're looking for something specific in classifieds, someone else with more caps for trade puts that they're looking for the same thing after seeing your post.

I still hope to someday have that OG Skeletor Reaper.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #6755 on: Sun, 31 May 2015, 19:45:50 »
I still hope to someday have that OG Skeletor Reaper.

I know. That is the one I would like to have the most also.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline bro

« Reply #6756 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 11:07:58 »
102428-0
This is not a standard therapy post, I just wanted to share some REAL therapy from a new friend. At Keycon 2015 I bet Binge and we had a great discussion about making keys, sharing opinions and strategies, and learning from our failures. We ended up talking almost all day about some new ideas and our ability to rapidly prototype them. He even gave a small talk about the trial and error he went through and how we should share our information and bring our own unique flare to this niche hobby of ours. At the end of the day I figured I would try to support him as much as I could. I bought a few of his caps and he gave me a few sets of blanks for me to sculpt on/destroy. I was absolutely ecstatic. Then he hands me this:
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

As I stared at him in disbelief, he said: "You are now in the exciting time of rapid prototyping. This is from when Bro was doing some rapid prototyping. You can see it has some obvious defects, because hey, everyone's got to start somewhere."

I am so glad I can say I am a part of this community.

I am so glad that I had a real form of Bro Caps Therapy.

I wish everyone the best of luck in this upcoming sale, but know that I am gunning for some space caps as well  ;)

I just wanted to drop by real quick and leave another note on his awesomeness. As if you all needed any more evidence...

Primer: My last name is Bro. 

I'm pretty new to mechanical keyboards and geekhack but one of the first things I found out about here was BroCaps. My first day here I was scrolling through the threads and saw this thread, "Bro Caps Therapy." Dafuq is this? I click to investigate and my mind...is...BLOWN. What are these gorgeous caps and why are they called brocaps? How long has this existed without my knowledge? Who am I? Deep introspective thinking commenced...I think I looked at over 100 pages of this thread that day. 

Long story short, I stumbled across some incredible rainbow (rainbro?) stickers in the thread and messaged @brocaps on twitter to see if I could score some stickers or something. Of course he went above and beyond my wildest dreams and sent me this gorgeous Cosmic Dusk Brobot.  My photo doesn't do this incredible cap justice. 

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #6757 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 11:11:12 »
(Attachment Link)
This is not a standard therapy post, I just wanted to share some REAL therapy from a new friend. At Keycon 2015 I bet Binge and we had a great discussion about making keys, sharing opinions and strategies, and learning from our failures. We ended up talking almost all day about some new ideas and our ability to rapidly prototype them. He even gave a small talk about the trial and error he went through and how we should share our information and bring our own unique flare to this niche hobby of ours. At the end of the day I figured I would try to support him as much as I could. I bought a few of his caps and he gave me a few sets of blanks for me to sculpt on/destroy. I was absolutely ecstatic. Then he hands me this:
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

As I stared at him in disbelief, he said: "You are now in the exciting time of rapid prototyping. This is from when Bro was doing some rapid prototyping. You can see it has some obvious defects, because hey, everyone's got to start somewhere."

I wish everyone the best of luck in this upcoming sale, but know that I am gunning for some space caps as well  ;)

I just wanted to drop by real quick and leave another note on his awesomeness. As if you all needed any more evidence...

I'm pretty new to mechanical keyboards and geekhack but one of the first things I found out about here was BroCaps. My first day here I was scrolling through the threads and saw this thread, "Bro Caps Therapy." Dafuq is this? I click to investigate and my mind...is...BLOWN. What are these gorgeous caps and why are they called brocaps? How long has this existed without my knowledge? Who am I? Deep introspective thinking commenced...I think I looked at over 100 pages of this thread that day. 

Long story short, I stumbled across some incredible rainbow (rainbro?) stickers in the thread and messaged @brocaps on twitter to see if I could score some stickers or something. Of course he went above and beyond my wildest dreams and sent me this gorgeous Cosmic Dusk Brobot.  My photo doesn't do this incredible cap justice. 

jesus **** bro

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #6758 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 11:12:26 »
(Attachment Link)

That cap...

That username...

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #6759 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 11:41:19 »
(Attachment Link)
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Well that got me even more ruffled for the sale.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #6760 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 11:43:39 »
My photo doesn't do this incredible cap justice. 

Looks good to me.

Welcome to GH! Congrats on the tweetering thing you kids do. :p
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #6761 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 11:43:50 »
(Attachment Link)
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Bro Caps showing bro why he is a bro by sending bro free bro caps!

Space unicorn end game bro caps at that!

Offline bro

« Reply #6762 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 11:50:54 »

Bro Caps showing bro why he is a bro by sending bro free bro caps!
Show Image

Space unicorn end game bro caps at that!

Incredible.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #6763 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 12:14:13 »
(Attachment Link)
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Welcome to the community, and much congrats for the cap.  The cosmo lineup is shaping up to be many peoples favorites, based on recent responses.  Hold onto that cap and never let it go.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #6764 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 12:27:20 »
That buckling spring bro :0

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #6765 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 12:33:40 »
(Attachment Link)
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Brocaps once again proving he's the man, daww thats super sweet of him to do though!
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #6766 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 12:36:42 »
(Attachment Link)
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Congrats on your first taste of Bro<3
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #6767 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 12:38:44 »
(Attachment Link)
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

My first taste was a bit salty and bitter, but he changed his diet.

My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #6768 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 12:56:37 »
(Attachment Link)
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

My first taste was a bit salty and bitter, but he changed his diet.
more pineapple ?

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #6769 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 13:10:06 »
more pineapple ?

And cucumber. I heard cucumber helps.

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6770 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 13:17:01 »
(Attachment Link)
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Wow, nice cap bro...congratulations!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #6771 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 13:23:32 »
more pineapple ?

Cucumber gives me heartburn :(

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #6772 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 14:03:30 »
more pineapple ?

mmmm a salty cucumber v2 colorway would be amazing

Offline bro

« Reply #6773 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 15:23:47 »
Cheers everyone. for the congrats and welcomes to GH. I realize how lucky I am! I'll be buying more in the future for sure. 

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
« Reply #6774 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 15:45:17 »
(Attachment Link)
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Right on brother

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #6775 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 15:46:00 »
So jealous

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #6776 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 16:00:53 »
Cheers everyone. for the congrats and welcomes to GH. I realize how lucky I am! I'll be buying more in the future for sure.
Congrats again and I hope to see you around please don't be a stranger and if you have any questions feel free to ask  :thumb:

Offline Peddamann

« Reply #6777 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 16:44:34 »

xD not quite sure if u realize yet! when u lost your 3rd or 4th bro sale in a row ull know ;)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #6778 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 16:47:16 »
What.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6779 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 16:53:11 »
(Attachment Link)
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Just Wow! The cap is just so beautiful! I'm so hyped for the sale, for real.

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ]

I wish everyone the best of luck in this upcoming sale, but know that I am gunning for some space caps as well

jesus **** bro

I guess I am not the only one who's jelly here. ;)

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline Blackehart

• Booty Aficionado Extraordinaire
« Reply #6780 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 18:40:00 »
Nope, foamin' like carpet cleaner over here :p

Offline septamber

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6781 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 18:57:38 »
(Attachment Link)
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

brb changing my name to bro...... :))

congrats man awesome first cap!

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #6782 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 19:17:39 »
(Attachment Link)
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

brb changing my name to bro...... :))

congrats man awesome first cap!
Don't forget to send @brocaps a tweet afterwards!

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #6783 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 22:31:40 »
Last couple changes made me go through a box of tissues.  You can all try to decide what I mean by that.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #6784 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 23:01:33 »

Last couple changes made me go through a box of tissues.  You can all try to decide what I mean by that.

Well I'm hoping it's the same reason I've been using so much tissue

Offline septamber

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6785 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 23:05:49 »

Got this nasty cold that has been going around lately. No fun   ^-^

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #6786 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 23:09:21 »

Got this nasty cold that has been going around lately. No fun   ^-^

Yea, totally. Not coke nose or anything........

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #6787 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 03:49:13 »
All hot and bothered now, because I only have about a week till I'm gone and I bet the sale will be whilst I'm away ;-;

Please bro have it before the 18th then I don't worry through my hols ;-;
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #6788 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 05:14:26 »
Cosmic Dusk Bro... I, I, I .. .

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #6789 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 10:06:03 »
I think I've hit the point where I no longer feel the need to have 1 Bro in every color. This makes my wallet happy.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #6790 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 10:38:42 »

I think I've hit the point where I no longer feel the need to have 1 Bro in every color. This makes my wallet happy.
No you don't. But you gotta have one from each sale/theme. At least one, right? Right!

Offline Nai_Calus

• * Destiny Supporter
  • CLACK
« Reply #6791 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 11:28:42 »
Bro's therapy makes me need therapy. I would sell my soul, my parents' souls, and the souls of everyone else in this thread for that cap.

My gods.

Ughhh I hope the sale is soon I can't take this much longer the anticipa...

...tion is killing me. KILLING ME.
- IBM 4704 Model F 107-key "Bertha"
Other boards: Kinesis Essential, Infinity(G.Clears), Ergodox(MX Blues), Monoprice 9433

Eternally searching for Celestial Blue BS V2 and blue/purple Bros.

Offline septamber

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6792 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 21:37:50 »

Offline metal369

• Singlepath
« Reply #6793 on: Fri, 05 June 2015, 20:47:35 »
I want to get one!
Hi there!

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #6794 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 17:52:37 »
For some reason this video's picture looks familiar...

The title seems pretty fitting too  ;D
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline nukec

• that rug really tied the room together
« Reply #6795 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 19:10:00 »
HHKB Pro2, Poker2 Blue, KBPV60 Brown, DuckyShine3 Brown

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #6796 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 19:51:45 »
Show Image

Like wind before storm

You get wind before a storm hits? That's a pretty cool early warning detection system you got!

Offline Peddamann

« Reply #6797 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 05:49:19 »
hey!

i didnt win any of the bro sales i participated in... although those were "only" 3 sales it hurt... and so i came up with a conclusion. when i was very new in this mechanical keyboard religion back in february i had not the slightest clue about all those artisan keycaps and after a few days i saw a link on reddit for a sale of an awesome lookin red translucent keycap. instantly fallin in love with the design i ordered one. during the shipping period of nearly 3 weeks i got more familiar the mech scene and found out that the maker of the cap i bought actually copied the design for this cap and that i worshipped a false god. As this cap was my first artisan and i still loved the design it remained to be my Esc button replacement UNTIL TODAY...
in order to soothe brohova i sacrificed my firstborn!

made a gif of the whole ritual... but its big... sry

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #6798 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 05:51:47 »
hey!

i didnt win any of the bro sales i participated in... although those were "only" 3 sales it hurt... and so i came up with a conclusion. when i was very new in this mechanical keyboard religion back in february i had not the slightest clue about all those artisan keycaps and after a few days i saw a link on reddit for a sale of an awesome lookin red translucent keycap. instantly fallin in love with the design i ordered one. during the shipping period of nearly 3 weeks i got more familiar the mech scene and found out that the maker of the cap i bought actually copied the design for this cap and that i worshipped a false god. As this cap was my first artisan and i still loved the design it remained to be my Esc button replacement UNTIL TODAY...
in order to soothe brohova i sacrificed my firstborn!

made a gif of the whole ritual... but its big... sry

Show Image

Don't apologize for gif size. Good job!

Offline Peddamann

« Reply #6799 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 05:55:15 »
thx!
first gif of my life xD cost me 7 hours including takin the shots xD