Author Topic: Easy AVR USB Keyboard Firmware and Keymapper  (Read 922495 times)

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
Re: Easy AVR USB Keyboard Firmware and Keymapper
« Reply #800 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 13:35:35 »
The problem is the way the tap key is implemented.  You see, when you assign that setting to a key and the keyboard detects a tap, it secretly queues a mini macro with one key in it.  That's all fine except that the way macros are implemented, they interrupt the normal keyboard buffer when they are playing.  So, your keyboard is essentially lifting the Alt key to press the Ctrl key.

There are many ways to fix this problem.  I'm actually planning a large redesign that will allow far more freedom in mapping keys and will make these kinds of problems go away.  I'm actually designing a whole new keyboard for the purpose of continuing Easy AVR development.  (My Epsilon is getting old)

In the mean time, I may be able to fix this problem with a patch.  I'll take a look at the code tomorrow.

Awesome, thanks again. Will the new board be sold? or just a one off for your personal use?

You're only using the v2 Flake, right?  I've got a test build I'd like you to try, if possible.

Offline RavenII

« Reply #801 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 16:15:29 »
The problem is the way the tap key is implemented.  You see, when you assign that setting to a key and the keyboard detects a tap, it secretly queues a mini macro with one key in it.  That's all fine except that the way macros are implemented, they interrupt the normal keyboard buffer when they are playing.  So, your keyboard is essentially lifting the Alt key to press the Ctrl key.

There are many ways to fix this problem.  I'm actually planning a large redesign that will allow far more freedom in mapping keys and will make these kinds of problems go away.  I'm actually designing a whole new keyboard for the purpose of continuing Easy AVR development.  (My Epsilon is getting old)

In the mean time, I may be able to fix this problem with a patch.  I'll take a look at the code tomorrow.

Awesome, thanks again. Will the new board be sold? or just a one off for your personal use?

You're only using the v2 Flake, right?  I've got a test build I'd like you to try, if possible.

Yep, V2 FF. I tried it, but it had the same effect. I'm assuming the way I'm trying to use the function isn't supported...or very practical.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #802 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 17:17:05 »
But it SHOULD work, so now I've got to figure out why.  I'll try a test on one if my boards

Offline RavenII

« Reply #803 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 19:56:44 »
But it SHOULD work, so now I've got to figure out why.  I'll try a test on one if my boards

Ok, so I discovered something. For whatever reason, it doesn't like HID_KEYBOARD_SC_LEFT_CONTROL being in 2 places maybe? I currently have it at the Caps Lock position and trying to use it as a tap key.

I discovered it by clicking a random position in the Keymapper, and tapping the FN/Ctrl key...and one of 2 things would happen...

1. Nothing at all...
2. It registered L_Alt for some reason.

However, if I change the FN/(tap)Ctrl to FN/(tap)Q (I just chose that randomly...) it works fine. I hope this all makes sense, it's kinda hard to explain/describe.

Edit: On second thought, my hypothesis about it not liking the same key in 2 places doesn't make sense, because Q ends up being in 2 places...

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #804 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 20:03:16 »
Wow that's wild.  This will be a fun one to investigate. This is definitely something I didn't test.

Offline RavenII

« Reply #805 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 20:14:38 »
Wow that's wild.  This will be a fun one to investigate. This is definitely something I didn't test.

I don't know if you want all this feedback, but here goes...

In both versions of the mapper (current release and the beta you sent me), the tap key (still assigned as Q) works while holding a modifier, but it definitely interrupts an alphanumeric key. So to elaborate, if I hold ALT and tap the FN key, ALT stays pressed and Q is also sent at the same time. But if I hold any letter or number and tap FN, you see the letter/number shut off briefly and Q activates, then goes back to the letter/number.

I'm going to try testing another modifier as the tap to see if it's something specifically related to the CTRL scancode...but I've not got much time...gotta get ready for midnight mass....

Edit: Ok, so, I tried random keys, it seems as though the tap function works fine with alphanumeric and backspace...however when I try the L/R Shift, L/R CTRL or ALT...no go, it registers another key IF it registers.

Last edit (for now): I tried moving the FN key to a different position, same results.
« Last Edit: Sat, 04 April 2015, 20:33:12 by RavenII »

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #806 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 23:13:30 »
So, the first thing is the way it suspends the keys you're pressing while it sends the tap key.  That is currently by design and it won't change until I restructure it over the next week or so.

The second thing is a really awesome memory corruption bug, caused by a buffer overflow, caused by me not anticipating a modifier ending up in the tapkey slot.

I'll fix it.

Offline ctm

• Hello, world!
« Reply #807 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 15:10:00 »
I got in a problem again. I generated .hex file and use FLIP to program my Frosty Flake. Erase and blank check both executes successfully, but when program part shows a red dot instead of a green one. It does not show any error message either. Could you tell me how to solve it?

EDIT: never mind. Maybe before I was not properly putting the controller into bootloader mode. It's fine now.
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 April 2015, 15:18:37 by ctm »
TMK Alps64 w/ Matias Quiet Switches in KBP V60 case.
Infinity60 with SKCM Orange Switches w/ TMK.
CM Storm QRF w/ Frosty Flake controller, Cherry MX Blue Switches and TMK firmware.

Coming:
Ellipse Model F F62.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #808 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 09:28:23 »
Glad I could help ;)

Project Update:
The redesign is progressing well.  A lot of code is changing to the first release may be of beta quality.  Unfortunately, it looks like the save file format will have to change, so it may not be able to load files saved with older versions and you'd have to rebuild your maps :( .  Assuming all goes well, I'd like to get these features in:

new rapid fire mode
can set toggle/dual-use modes for all keys on all layers, rather than only modifiers
can set all keys to be sent with any combination of mods, rather than only fn with shift
merged macro output buffer so as to not interrupt the key presses
mx lock on scroll/caps/num, rather than only caps
memory use reduction on bpiphany controllers to allow for expansion

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #809 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 18:34:34 »
Glad I could help ;)

Project Update:
The redesign is progressing well.  A lot of code is changing to the first release may be of beta quality.  Unfortunately, it looks like the save file format will have to change, so it may not be able to load files saved with older versions and you'd have to rebuild your maps :( .  Assuming all goes well, I'd like to get these features in:

new rapid fire mode
can set toggle/dual-use modes for all keys on all layers, rather than only modifiers
can set all keys to be sent with any combination of mods, rather than only fn with shift

Sounds good, I'll give it a test when it's ready.  Who knows, I might even be able to find [ and ] on my JD40 if I have to do the layout again :))

Can I request one more feature, while you're playing with the fn+ coding?  That would be an "toggle fn layer + number lock on" key so whether num lock was on or off it is on once this key is pressed.  Yes, I'm too lazy to hide a num lock key somewhere on a layer :P

Obviously not a high priority, but it would be nice if it's not too hard.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline RavenII

« Reply #810 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 21:40:12 »
I know it's been asked before, I was just wondering that with the revamp, are Gon NERD boards going to be supported? Mine has an Amtel Mega32u4-AU on it. I don't know if that's diff....wait, let me google it.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #811 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 22:45:54 »
I know it's been asked before, I was just wondering that with the revamp, are Gon NERD boards going to be supported? Mine has an Amtel Mega32u4-AU on it. I don't know if that's diff....wait, let me google it.

In GON's case, the problem is not the microcontroller, which is supported.  The problem is that he has changed the bootloader, so you need a special tool to load the DFU bootloader so that you can use other firmware like mine or TMK.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #812 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 23:10:11 »
Glad I could help ;)

Project Update:

new rapid fire mode

Sounds good, I'll give it a test when it's ready.  Who knows, I might even be able to find [ and ] on my JD40 if I have to do the layout again :))

Can I request one more feature, while you're playing with the fn+ coding?  That would be an "toggle fn layer + number lock on" key so whether num lock was on or off it is on once this key is pressed.  Yes, I'm too lazy to hide a num lock key somewhere on a layer :P

Obviously not a high priority, but it would be nice if it's not too hard.

Let me mull it around in the old noggin.  Although, my initial take is that this situation would be better solved with creative use of layers.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #813 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 10:06:58 »
I made all the changes and loaded it on my Epsilon for the first time.  What I've got now is a keyboard that, no matter what key you press, always sends Ctrl-W.  dafuq?  *facepalm*

This should be fun to debug
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 April 2015, 10:09:56 by metalliqaz »

Offline Hzza

« Reply #814 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 10:09:50 »
TIL ctrl+w closes the current tab in IE...:D

Look forward to the redesign, since using this for the Nix Shooter I'm tempted to move over all my other boards now as well.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #815 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 12:59:40 »
[ "num lock on + FN" key request ]

Let me mull it around in the old noggin.  Although, my initial take is that this situation would be better solved with creative use of layers.
You might be right, may as well use the top row numbers instead of proper ones when the board's in number pad mode - they're more reliable!

Sounds like you have bigger problems, ctrl+w is a strange default :))
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #816 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 13:17:47 »
Probably memory misalignment

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #817 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 03:50:14 »
Just tried the SixShooter, and I'm having a few issues.
The firmware built fine and I was able to flash the Teensy with no problem, but it doesn't seem to work on Windows (only tested on 2 PCs, both running Win7). I also tested it on a Mac running 10.9.5 and it worked perfectly, so I don't get why it's not working on PC. Right now it is set to the default layout (media controls and volume).

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #818 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 06:49:25 »
Thanks for letting me know.  I'll try and see whats up.  Someone else said it was working for them, though.  Can you try a different layout and see ifvthat works?  For example, WASD

Offline Hzza

« Reply #819 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 07:11:21 »
My Six Shooter is working as expected on Vista 64, using Easy_keymap_20150326. I've set up media, navigation and alphnumeric keys and all work fine.

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #820 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 07:57:57 »
Thanks for letting me know.  I'll try and see whats up.  Someone else said it was working for them, though.  Can you try a different layout and see ifvthat works?  For example, WASD

False Alert!
My bad! It turns out that the PC I was testing it on had some crappy USB ports in the front, and the PC at work did too. I tested it on the rear ports and it took forever to “install the driver”, but I left it when I went out for lunch and now it's working as it should (I tested a 2nd PC too)
The only funny thing is that when I flashed a simple WASD to it it worked right away, and my JD40 works on the same crappy ports... I have no explanation.

I wanted to also ask if there are any plans to maybe have the software support a custom matrix. I have a few old boards around the house and was thinking of rewiring them with a Teensy, and I suck at programming

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #821 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 08:14:01 »
When you plug in the sixshooter, the PC actually sees two USB devices.  One is a USB keyboard, the other is a generic HID device with the HID Usage Page for the media controls.  That device is less common and probably takes longer to install.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #822 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 08:16:13 »
As for the generic matrix, I've looked at it several times.  There are many issues, but the only one that makes sense for this project is if I created a standard matrix and published the pinout diagram.  Then boards that are wired according to that standard would work.

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #823 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 08:26:33 »
When you plug in the sixshooter, the PC actually sees two USB devices.  One is a USB keyboard, the other is a generic HID device with the HID Usage Page for the media controls.  That device is less common and probably takes longer to install.

Ok thanks for the help even if the problem sort of solved itself (in a way), but still tanks for getting back to me on it.  :)
So yeah the only strange thing is that it takes a lot longer to detect than the JD40, nowI just wonder way  :confused:

As for the generic matrix, I've looked at it several times.  There are many issues, but the only one that makes sense for this project is if I created a standard matrix and published the pinout diagram.  Then boards that are wired according to that standard would work.

I'll keep an eye out for it  ;)

Thanks again for making this tool for those of us that suck at anything that needs programming (I'm still trying my best to learn)

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #824 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 07:03:29 »

Yes please :)

It would mean only using one corner for a small board though while the editor shows a fullsize (or bigger?)  That could get confusing, but if all keys are shown as a 1x it shouldn't be too bad.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline ctm

• Hello, world!
« Reply #825 on: Mon, 13 April 2015, 20:56:36 »
Is there a way to have a dedicated ~ key? i.e. typing ~ without shift.
CM Storm QRF w/ Frosty Flake controller, Cherry MX Blue Switches and TMK firmware.

Coming:
Ellipse Model F F62.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #826 on: Mon, 13 April 2015, 21:39:17 »

I am adding that feature now.  In the new version, you may assign implied modifers to any key.  So you could assign a key to ` with shift, which would give you a single-keystroke ~

Offline ctm

• Hello, world!
« Reply #827 on: Mon, 13 April 2015, 22:14:26 »

I am adding that feature now.  In the new version, you may assign implied modifers to any key.  So you could assign a key to ` with shift, which would give you a single-keystroke ~
Awesome! Thank you!

Coming:
Ellipse Model F F62.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #828 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 07:02:35 »
97283-0

This is the handwire matrix.  It ain't real pretty, but if you're good with the .cfg files, you can actually make it look like any layout you've created.

It uses the same matrix as the Phantom, so if you wire it like the Phantom, it should work.  I think I'll have to make something describing how to handwire a compatible board.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #829 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 07:09:10 »

Awesome! Thank you!

You can see the four new mod selectors above the layer selectors.  That's how you will do it.

This version ran into some snags but I've smoothed them over and I just need to find time to get a few more things in there.  Definitely will release this week.

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #830 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 07:34:06 »
(Attachment Link)

This is the handwire matrix.  It ain't real pretty, but if you're good with the .cfg files, you can actually make it look like any layout you've created.

It uses the same matrix as the Phantom, so if you wire it like the Phantom, it should work.  I think I'll have to make something describing how to handwire a compatible board.

Great news!  :thumb:
I'll just wait for the description on how to use it  :p

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #831 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 22:44:09 »
New version posted, which I have not tested, so I'm calling it beta.  I've been so busy lately I haven't been able to code much.

The biggest change is the way functions are assigned to keys.  In the old scheme, keys were assigned to scancodes, and mod/Fn scancodes could be assigned special modes.  That wasn't good enough.

The new version allows every key on every layer to be assigned both a scancode and a special function.  [Normal, Toggle, Lockable, Dual Use (Tapkey), and Rapid Fire]

So, you can now make a "%" key by assigning it to '5' with a shift.

I've also added the handwire matrix, who wants to be the first guinea pig?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #832 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 18:45:44 »
This sounds awesome, thanks metaliqaz!

I will redo my JD40 making use of the individual modifier options and I have a dodgy 4x6 numberpad here which I could rewire to your standard to test the custom matrix but it's on an Arduino Micro so I'd have to work out the pins - not awake enough tonight but I'll try and find time tomorrow. 
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #833 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 05:05:13 »
Excellent work qaz!

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #834 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 13:03:41 »
I just mapped the matrix to Arduino Micro pins (see below) and looks like it's good for a 5x16 matrix with two LEDs, but I wonder what will happen when it strobes/scans the onboard TX/RX LEDs?  I guess it would read high and flash the LED really fast but as long as they aren't defined as keys it will work, but I'm no electronics expert so didn't like to test it :))

Code: [Select]
Row 0: B5 9
Row 1: B4 8
Row 2: B3 MI
Row 3: B2 MOSI
Row 4: B1 SCK
Row 5: B0 RXLED(?)

Col  0: D5 TXLED(?)
Col  1: C7 13
Col  2: C6 5
Col  3: D4 4
Col  4: D0 3
Col  5: E6 7
Col  6: F0 A5
Col  7: F1 A4
Col  8: F4 A3
Col  9: F5 A2
Col 10: F6 A1
Col 11: F7 A0
Col 12: D7 6
Col 13: D6 12
Col 14: D1 2
Col 15: D2 0
Col 16: D3 TX

LED0: B6 10
LED1: B7 11
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #835 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 13:11:27 »
It depends on how the LEDs are wired, but all rows are configured as inputs with pull-up.  If the RXLED is active-high, then it will potentially consume current.  The TXLED will be activated one way or another as the columns strobe.

Do a lot of people use the Arduino Micro?  It's also probable that the binary wouldn't load on that hardware, if the bootloader isn't similar to Teensy's.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #836 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 13:20:02 »
I have no idea who uses them but it was on offer in a local store and I'd read that they work in keyboards so picked one up, it works fine with Soarer's firmware if that says anything about potential compatibility?

Sounds like it's not going to break anything so I'll give it a go tomorrow and let you know :)
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #837 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 05:22:54 »
Completely unrelated to anything please can you update Easy_keymap.sh to the below so you can double click it rather than opening in a terminal?  I kept meaning to mention this but haven't :)

#!/bin/sh
python $( cd "$( dirname "$0" )" && pwd )/main.py
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #838 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 07:52:31 »
Sorry for the triple post but I just tried to save a custom matrix consisting of 4 keys (0:0, 0:1, 0:2, 0:3) on one layer to test the Arduino, and it made a 0 byte hex file and gave this error:

Error: 'module' object has no attribute 'layers_map'

I'm using the multiplatform version under Linux if that makes any difference.

Edit: in better news I flashed the standard Phantom layout as you say that's what the custom is based on and shorted some pins and got characters so all good.  The TX LED is constantly on but that's a minor annoyance compared to the realisation that the LED takes out one "row" so if I'll have to pretend my pad is sideways in the middle of the main section of a Phantom then everything should work...
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 April 2015, 09:37:57 by suicidal_orange »
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #839 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 11:56:33 »
Sorry for the triple post but I just tried to save a custom matrix consisting of 4 keys (0:0, 0:1, 0:2, 0:3) on one layer to test the Arduino, and it made a 0 byte hex file and gave this error:

Error: 'module' object has no attribute 'layers_map'

I'm using the multiplatform version under Linux if that makes any difference.

Edit: in better news I flashed the standard Phantom layout as you say that's what the custom is based on and shorted some pins and got characters so all good.  The TX LED is constantly on but that's a minor annoyance compared to the realisation that the LED takes out one "row" so if I'll have to pretend my pad is sideways in the middle of the main section of a Phantom then everything should work...

Oops, another bug!  Thanks for testing it.  I fixed that bug.  I also have already found a few others and I'm fixing those too.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #840 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 12:01:13 »
No problem, let me know when there's a new build to test as I'm just finishing up the matrix on another numberpad as I'd glued over the wires and switch backs on the old one and forgot to label anything before disconnecting :-[
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #841 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 12:07:56 »
Completely unrelated to anything please can you update Easy_keymap.sh to the below so you can double click it rather than opening in a terminal?  I kept meaning to mention this but haven't :)

#!/bin/sh
python $( cd "$( dirname "$0" )" && pwd )/main.py

I never test it on Linux and I really should.  I don't see any reason why that wouldn't work.  I'll change it.  Thanks

Offline greath

• A waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap.
« Reply #842 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 06:17:41 »
Idea you might consider implimenting: LED based on network/hard drive activity.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #843 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 06:59:15 »
So I built the layout I wanted for the Orion and generated the firmware.

But Flip doesn't load (something about a missing Java virtual machine) and I'm still looking for the key which puts it in bootloader mode.

Any ideas?
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #844 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 07:02:17 »
I believe it's the key above the backspace.

With flip...  Maybe check or reinstall Java?  I've never seen that error

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #845 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 07:07:38 »

New Windows install. Using Chrome so I never installed Java. XD Checking that now.

As for the Flip key:
Is backspace the flip key on the orion?

Is there a flashing guide anywhere or is it all in korean? I have some korean stuff Im just tired and am lacklustre about working it out :) Apologies if it's in this thread already.

Margo, yes the flip key is backspace for the Orion.

See "Note on Reprogramming" here

Will be reporting back. ;)
|||My other keyboards :
More
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #846 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 07:14:51 »
Flip now works...

But which device do I load?

Any hint on how to find the correct one?

Should I check for the ATmega32U4 device that Acanta used for his KMAC?
EDIT: Nope, that gives me an "atlibusbdfu.dll not found" error.
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 April 2015, 07:20:39 by JaccoW »
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #847 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 07:23:55 »

New Windows install. Using Chrome so I never installed Java. XD Checking that now.

As for the Flip key:
Is backspace the flip key on the orion?

Is there a flashing guide anywhere or is it all in korean? I have some korean stuff Im just tired and am lacklustre about working it out :) Apologies if it's in this thread already.

Margo, yes the flip key is backspace for the Orion.

See "Note on Reprogramming" here

Will be reporting back. ;)

Yeah, it's backspace, I just checked.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #848 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 07:26:46 »
Flip now works...

But which device do I load?
Show Image

Any hint on how to find the correct one?

Should I check for the ATmega32U4 device that Acanta used for his KMAC?
EDIT: Nope, that gives me an "atlibusbdfu.dll not found" error.

It's ATmega32U4.  You need to install the DFU driver.  Put it into boot mode, go into device manager, right click the bad device and choose update driver.  Then select find your own driver and go into the Flip install directory to get it.  If possible, please take screenshots and post them, I want to make a HOWTO

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #849 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 07:27:23 »
Idea you might consider implimenting: LED based on network/hard drive activity.

That would require a driver on the PC