Author Topic: [GB] Nuclear Data Green SA Row 3 - The long awaited keycap set.  (Read 258914 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: [GB] Nuclear Data Green SA Row 3 - The long awaited keycap set.
« Reply #550 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 03:40:45 »
Not an issue, but I misread when I ordered the blank green 1x caps - didn't notice they were deep dish and not normal profile.

There were 2 different 1x green blanks, one of them was deep dish and the other was normal profile.

You had me worried about that for a moment, so I checked my order.  I'm fairly certain I ordered normal ones, which is what I wanted.

Also 590 of those were purchased :eek:

As of yesterday mine left the US.  Maybe another week or so until I get them.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline 0100010

• Not Sure
« Reply #551 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 08:00:24 »
Not an issue, but I misread when I ordered the blank green 1x caps - didn't notice they were deep dish and not normal profile.

There were 2 different 1x green blanks, one of them was deep dish and the other was normal profile.

You had me worried about that for a moment, so I checked my order.  I'm fairly certain I ordered normal ones, which is what I wanted.

Also 590 of those were purchased :eek:

As of yesterday mine left the US.  Maybe another week or so until I get them.

Hmm - perhaps there were both profiles available, I honestly don't remember.  I did think I was ordering normal profile ones though.
  Quoting me causes a posting error that you need to ignore.

Offline Data

« Reply #552 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 08:40:23 »
And on my classic case ErgoDox with Clears.
Show Image

Looks good.  This is what I'll be doing with my Nuclear Data.  Just waiting on a metal case from the group buy.   :D

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #553 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 08:46:58 »
The weirdest thing just happened...

I have been using the Penumbra SA set on my 60% for a little while now and it looked and felt a bit odd at first, like the keycaps were all angled slightly down. Got used to it pretty quickly, though and fell in love with thick SA caps (they feel sooo good on 62g ErgoClears!).

Now I just received my GMK Dolch, thick Cherry profile doubleshots. I pulled off Penumbra, popped on Dolch and... it looks and feels wrong to me.

I have to say, I think I prefer all Row 3 SA even to GMK Cherry now. Seriously, I prefer caps made by SP to GMK... Just seems wrong somehow.

The truth is that Cherry and DCS profile, while being contoured are also "stepped", by tilting all the tops "backwards". After using a "flat" profile for a little, the stepping just feels odd. It seems to actually increase the distance between the keytops, like you have to lift your fingers over the edges instead of just sliding them across.

In the end I guess it's more about what you're used to and then comes down to personal preference, but I love SA profile now.

This has got me even more excited to receive my Jolly Green Goodness from this GB!
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #554 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 09:37:20 »
Update:  All issues reported here have been communicated to SP.  I had a very productive phone conversation with the Owner yesterday, and I am sure everything will be taken care of properly.  (IMHO, this is a benefit of working with the new system.)

To continue, please report any problems with the keycaps or keycap sets here and I will consolidate and submit them to SP for resolution.  If you had problems with your individual order, please report it directly to SP.  Feel free to post those here as well if you like and/or keep me in the loop.

Now, I am going back to figuring out how to tell Linux to remap my new Cut, Copy, Paste, and Undo keycaps as single-stroke ^X, ^C, ^V, and ^Z.

- Ron | samwisekoi
Sig auto-typed by my GH36 LH keypad.

p.s.  That guy working on the GH-122/153 had better hurry up and deliver!  Who is that again?   :-[

I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #555 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 09:41:17 »
p.s.  That guy working on the GH-122/153 had better hurry up and deliver!  Who is that again?   :-[

I hear he is a wizard.

Offline Data

« Reply #556 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 10:07:56 »

I hear he is a wizard.

I heard he was a robot with emergent AI.

Offline nomaded

« Reply #557 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 11:40:45 »
Oh wow. I just noticed that I got a second set of emails from PayPal/Stamps.com with a different tracking number. Looking up my orders on PayPal, I think the re-legendable keycaps should arrive today or tomorrow. Now I need to think about what I'll do with those.

samwisekoi -- much thanks for setting up and running this GB. It has gone very smoothly, and I am very happy with the results.
Dvorak
ErgoDox fullhand (MX Clears) w/Nuclear Green Data SA || Infinity ErgoDox (Zealios 78g tactile) w/SA Retro || Atreus62 (MX Clears) w/Chocolatier || TECK 209 (MX Browns) || TouchStream ST
Kensington Slimblade Trackball || Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman || Apple Magic Trackpad
Current Dvorak-based ErgoDox layout || Current Dvorak-based TECK layout

Offline Dover

« Reply #558 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 12:31:37 »
Anybody else a little bothered by the fact that the "SHIFT" lettering on right-shift is more squished together than the left (and all the other mods)? It jumped right out of me when I started unpacking the keys. I thought at first that the font was actually smaller, but it's just the spacing. It's a tiny complaint -- I love the set -- but just seems weird. An oversight, or something to do with how the key has to be constructed?

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #559 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 12:47:08 »
Anybody else a little bothered by the fact that the "SHIFT" lettering on right-shift is more squished together than the left (and all the other mods)? It jumped right out of me when I started unpacking the keys. I thought at first that the font was actually smaller, but it's just the spacing. It's a tiny complaint -- I love the set -- but just seems weird. An oversight, or something to do with how the key has to be constructed?

I hadn't noticed that, but it doesn't seem right now that I have.  Can't unsee, dang it!

Oh wow. I just noticed that I got a second set of emails from PayPal/Stamps.com with a different tracking number. Looking up my orders on PayPal, I think the re-legendable keycaps should arrive today or tomorrow. Now I need to think about what I'll do with those.

samwisekoi -- much thanks for setting up and running this GB. It has gone very smoothly, and I am very happy with the results.

Relendables?  Awesome!  Also, thanks very much for the kind words.  I am glad you are happy.

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline street_jackal

« Reply #560 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 12:48:17 »

That's been bothering me too. It looks pretty out of place against the huge font of the alphas, or even the left shift. Is this intended? I love the set, but my eyes keep going back to the right shift and it's squished little lettering.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #561 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 12:55:14 »
Thank you very much for your post, this was the information I was in need for.

The weirdest thing just happened...

I have been using the Penumbra SA set on my 60% for a little while now and it looked and felt a bit odd at first, like the keycaps were all angled slightly down. Got used to it pretty quickly, though and fell in love with thick SA caps (they feel sooo good on 62g ErgoClears!).

Now I just received my GMK Dolch, thick Cherry profile doubleshots. I pulled off Penumbra, popped on Dolch and... it looks and feels wrong to me.

I have to say, I think I prefer all Row 3 SA even to GMK Cherry now. Seriously, I prefer caps made by SP to GMK... Just seems wrong somehow.

The truth is that Cherry and DCS profile, while being contoured are also "stepped", by tilting all the tops "backwards". After using a "flat" profile for a little, the stepping just feels odd. It seems to actually increase the distance between the keytops, like you have to lift your fingers over the edges instead of just sliding them across.

In the end I guess it's more about what you're used to and then comes down to personal preference, but I love SA profile now.

This has got me even more excited to receive my Jolly Green Goodness from this GB!

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #562 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 14:45:19 »
Got this set waiting for me when I get home, can't wait to try them on my ergodox all row 3 FTW

Offline Heliosphere

« Reply #563 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 14:45:32 »
Does anyone have a Vault 13 along with their Nuclear Data. I am curious how they jive together, and as to where someone would place theirs. Believe me, I bow to the awe inspiring coolness of the Nuclear Data GB, but I am eager to see what the presence of the Vault Dweller does to the overall landscape of keycaps.

I have it in my album here: http://imgur.com/a/pfpW6?#6

Offline 0100010

• Not Sure
« Reply #564 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 15:07:08 »

That's been bothering me too. It looks pretty out of place against the huge font of the alphas, or even the left shift. Is this intended? I love the set, but my eyes keep going back to the right shift and it's squished little lettering.

Damn - now I am seeing it too.  Even compared to right shift - it looks way off.

Offline Mr. Perfect

« Reply #565 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 17:18:40 »
Say, does anyone know if the multi-arrow keys included in the radioactive kit have scan codes? If so, what do they even do? I seem to remember something like them on old terminal boards.
Mr. Perfect - A name fraught with peril.

G80-8113HRBUS MX Clears, FC200R MX Clears, RK-9000v2 MX Blues.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #566 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 20:46:37 »
oh man putting these on my ergodox now

they are so awesome, wow

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #567 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 21:15:56 »
Ok, they were too harsh on my Ducky with Greens, so now I am trying them out on a CM Storm 104 with MX Browns, and they feel very nice indeed.  (Not happy that the CM Storm takes a modified Winkeyless bottom row, but what are you going to do?)

So far, this is my favorite combination.  Browns and the thick SA.  I think they look better on the CM Storm than they did on the Ducky as well.  I don't think that keyboard case had the right shape for these keycaps.

Anyhow, rumors of Browns not having strong enough springs were greatly exaggerated.  They work fine.  I am bottoming out more than before, so I might also try some O-rings.

- Ron | samwisekoi

p.s.

Say, does anyone know if the multi-arrow keys included in the radioactive kit have scan codes? If so, what do they even do? I seem to remember something like them on old terminal boards.

What they do is look awesome.I think they'd be interesting on a 60% to provide a 2-key arrow cluster in combination with Shift.  In fact, you could use the four-way keycap with various mods to make a one-key arrow cluster.
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 November 2014, 21:17:52 by samwisekoi »

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #568 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 21:38:47 »
deserves a better camera picture but for now this will do

i put it on my full metal ergodox with 62g clears and my GHPAD with 68g blacks

they are so awesome :)

Offline Data

« Reply #569 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 23:42:58 »
/jelly

Offline Arcoril

« Reply #570 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 03:46:55 »

I love the keycap set but this bothers me a little bit each time I look down at the keyboard.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #571 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 08:00:47 »
No wishing to be rude, but I have no idea what the **** is going on with my order
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #572 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 14:13:00 »
Is it common for the keys to have a dark green line that goes across the sides of the key caps tat are longer than 1u that runs across the top as well as different textures of both glossy and matte on the orange activate key?

Offline nomaded

« Reply #573 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 14:21:40 »
I received my order of green 1x relegendables today. Now I wish I had ordered a few of the orange 1x relegendables too. And maybe some of the 2x ones. The relegendables match perfectly in feel with the rest of the caps.

One thing -- I'm unsure what is the correct way to separate the clear top cap from the bottom. The clear top attaches quite securely to the bottom. I ended up using a pliers to grab the stem and pulling the bottom off the top.

Here's an updated photo with the relegendables, and some P-Touch labels in appropriate places.
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 November 2014, 14:27:42 by nomaded »
Dvorak
ErgoDox fullhand (MX Clears) w/Nuclear Green Data SA || Infinity ErgoDox (Zealios 78g tactile) w/SA Retro || Atreus62 (MX Clears) w/Chocolatier || TECK 209 (MX Browns) || TouchStream ST
Kensington Slimblade Trackball || Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman || Apple Magic Trackpad

Offline nomaded

« Reply #574 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 14:24:45 »
Is it common for the keys to have a dark green line that goes across the sides of the key caps tat are longer than 1u that runs across the top as well as different textures of both glossy and matte on the orange activate key?

I haven't noticed either problem with my order. You should contact SP about it, with a couple photos showing what you mean.
Dvorak

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #575 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 14:50:25 »
I'm having a hard time taking a photo of it and capturing these in the image since I don't have a good camera (only have the one on NY phone)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #576 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 15:26:52 »
I'm having a hard time taking a photo of it and capturing these in the image since I don't have a good camera (only have the one on NY phone)

Lighting is most important for taking photos.  If you can, try photographing it outside in natural sunlight.  Not necessarily direct sunlight, but more light is generally better when using a phone camera.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #577 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 15:31:52 »
I tried that earlier but I still seem to b getting Potato images. Will it be a good idea to contact SP to see if they can possibly do a replacement?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #578 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 15:47:53 »
I tried that earlier but I still seem to b getting Potato images. Will it be a good idea to contact SP to see if they can possibly do a replacement?

SP are very responsive to feedback - it won't hurt to ask.

Offline neotrinity

« Reply #579 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 16:41:43 »
Update from London : Got the parcel  ;D. Just cant wait till Monday morning to try 'em on my keyboard !

But I had to pay an additional £18 for VAT   :eek:

Offline 0100010

• Not Sure
« Reply #580 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 17:32:27 »

I see this too, mostly on my spacebars.  Not really worried about it - figured such is the nature of injection molding.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #581 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 19:39:38 »

I see this too, mostly on my spacebars.  Not really worried about it - figured such is the nature of injection molding.

That makes two of us then. The weirdest thing is that my space bar does not have this.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #582 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 20:11:02 »
I received my order of green 1x relegendables today. Now I wish I had ordered a few of the orange 1x relegendables too. And maybe some of the 2x ones. The relegendables match perfectly in feel with the rest of the caps.

One thing -- I'm unsure what is the correct way to separate the clear top cap from the bottom. The clear top attaches quite securely to the bottom. I ended up using a pliers to grab the stem and pulling the bottom off the top.

Here's an updated photo with the relegendables, and some P-Touch labels in appropriate places.
Show Image

love your ergodox and love what you did with the label maker i presume you used. really should steal that idea

---

I really hope someone runs another "ALL SA ROW 3" group buy again the exact way this one was run on PMK. its seriously one of the best ideas since granite and retro -- the two other sets i feel is essential for all geekhackers to own. having all the different rows with SA seems to be pointless to me

thank you Ron, i love this set

Offline nomaded

« Reply #583 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 22:32:56 »
love your ergodox and love what you did with the label maker i presume you used. really should steal that idea

I bought a 1/2" white-on-clear P-Touch cartridge from Amazon for about $12. The smallest font on my label maker is about the same size as the font on the home/end/etc keys. For the labels on the front of the keys, I just cut the label so only the text was left. For the re-legendable keys, I kept the extra space above and below the text and just stuck to the bottom half of the caps. The adhesive is quite secure, but still easy to remove. I haven't noticed any residue in the years I've been doing this (started years ago when learning Dvorak).

I need to change out the labels on my other ErgoDox that has Penumbra, now that I have this white-on-clear cartridge.
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 November 2014, 22:35:47 by nomaded »
Dvorak

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #584 on: Sun, 09 November 2014, 13:55:27 »
I had to try these out my G80-2100HDU. They feel and look great. The missing 'Big Ass Enter' key though... I'll have to put these on a conventional keyboard.

The profile height difference is just too much to overcome.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #585 on: Sun, 09 November 2014, 14:32:38 »
So I forgot to buy 2 deep dish green and orange blanks. Would anyone be willing to sell me some?

Offline Data

« Reply #586 on: Sun, 09 November 2014, 21:10:53 »
Somehow I'm missing the N key from my order.  I also got a second 8 key from the number pad.  I emailed SP about it.  Strange mix-up.

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #587 on: Sun, 09 November 2014, 21:15:17 »
It seems that I'm missing my whole order...
...oh yeah, I missed this one.  :(

Anyone want to trade a Vault 13 key for a Double Ought key? I got it, thanks.
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 November 2014, 10:23:55 by 00zeRO »
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #588 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 10:12:09 »
I had to try these out my G80-2100HDU. They feel and look great. The missing 'Big Ass Enter' key though... I'll have to put these on a conventional keyboard.

The profile height difference is just too much to overcome.

I so much wanted to include a Big Ass Enter keycap, but they are not available in SA.  I did try. :(

Also, in case you didn't know, I am designing a 122+ PCB called the GH-122, and I am looking for some measurements to try and make it possible to fit into Unicomp and Cherry 122-key cases.  Including yours.

Would it be possible for you to measure the horizontal space between the blocks?  Specifically the distance between the post centers of Tilde and Vol Dn?

Back to the Big Ass Enter key, where is the switch?  In the same spot as an ISO Enter key?

Anyone want to trade a Vault 13 key for a Double Ought key?

Sure.  Send me a PM or e-mail.  I am in your system for Order #14293.

- Ron | samwisekoi
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 November 2014, 10:20:57 by samwisekoi »

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #589 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 11:21:58 »
I so much wanted to include a Big Ass Enter keycap, but they are not available in SA.  I did try. :(

I know! I asked! :) No worries. The caps are on my Ducky 108 with greens, and they feel great! I was worried the all R3 wouldn't feel right, but it's just fine. The keys feels very solid. Loving this set - thanks Sam!

Also, in case you didn't know, I am designing a 122+ PCB called the GH-122, and I am looking for some measurements to try and make it possible to fit into Unicomp and Cherry 122-key cases.  Including yours.

I've got to get in on that - my first PCB buy. I don't think I'd mess with the 2100, but I'd buy another case.

Would it be possible for you to measure the horizontal space between the blocks?  Specifically the distance between the post centers of Tilde and Vol Dn?

Sure! What unit of measurement? I assume millimeters? (Damn you, metric system.) Hell, I'll send you the keyboard if it'll help.

Back to the Big Ass Enter key, where is the switch?  In the same spot as an ISO Enter key?

I'll pop it open and check.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline engicoder

« Reply #590 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 12:54:45 »
I received my re-lengendable caps in the mail today. Assembled, they look better than I expected. The click together very securely. So securely, you need tools to take them apart again, which is a good thing. Please forgive the phone photos.
81607-081609-1
81611-281613-3
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 November 2014, 12:56:33 by engicoder »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #591 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 13:01:33 »
I should have gotten in on those re-legendable caps, I forgot about them. They look really nice.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #592 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 07:09:35 »
I should have gotten in on those re-legendable caps, I forgot about them. They look really nice.

I agree, they look awesome.
More

Offline chrisq

« Reply #593 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 08:41:59 »

I agree, they look awesome.

yes... and I waited too long and then forgot about them until it was too late  :'(

If anyone have any to spare I'll be very happy to buy some.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #594 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 09:00:46 »
deserves a better camera picture but for now this will do

i put it on my full metal ergodox with 62g clears and my GHPAD with 68g blacks
Show Image

they are so awesome :)

Could you please elaborate on how your modded clears feel?

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #595 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 11:21:01 »

:o

One day, we should order the tool to let them make double-shot legends on the inserts.
:-)
Buy key caps here: Round 5
Buy switches here: CherryMX

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #596 on: Wed, 12 November 2014, 07:55:31 »
Still haven't got an email about mine. I emailed SP and hopefully they can sort it out for me.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Data

« Reply #597 on: Wed, 12 November 2014, 09:31:16 »
Bob will hook you up.

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #598 on: Wed, 12 November 2014, 10:07:25 »
Does anyone want another shot at relegendables? I am thinking of adding them to my upcoming SA GB. I will likely do Rad Hard color, Orange ones, and GLID as well. Be sure to follow my IC for Series II of the Vault 13 SA Row 3 novelty set coming up...
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #599 on: Wed, 12 November 2014, 10:09:12 »
Does anyone want another shot at relegendables? I am thinking of adding them to my upcoming SA GB. I will likely do Rad Hard color, Orange ones, and GLID as well. Be sure to follow my IC for Series II of the Vault 13 SA Row 3 novelty set coming up...

That would conflict with this IC here which is pretty much the same thing...
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards