Author Topic: [IC] KAT Slurp | PRICING ADDED, FEB 8th GROUP BUY!  (Read 72282 times)

Offline twoshoes

[IC] KAT Slurp | PRICING ADDED, FEB 8th GROUP BUY!
« on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 11:13:50 »

Good news everyone! Today we will be delivering to the keycap set KAT Slurp to the mechanical keyboard enthusiast community of Planet Earth.

This set is inspired from Futurama, and the best-selling drink of the universe: Slurm. This highly addictive set represents the luminescent soda encased in a dark blue can with the brand name “Slurm” written in bright pink. I hope you enjoy this set as much as I enjoyed creating it.

TGR Alice by Yuktsi rendered by Ulliam

TMOv2 by Funderburker

RAMA M60A by RAMA WORKS

If you are interested in Slurp or would like to provide feedback, please fill out the IC Form below (short and sweet):
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jGetkb7lsk6_kZ3U5hLtx6Z7XvurlHqvf85XiZt9ORU/edit

Want to stay up to date with this set and others? Check out the Ulliam + Fam discord: https://discord.gg/mxWXZNW

Kits
Note: The icons used for this set were originally designed by Ulliam, he blessed me with them for this set

Deskmats

Flower Deskmat

City Deskmat

More Renders

RAMA M60A by RAMA
Prime E by HoltenC
TMOv2 by Funderburker
HAUS by Hand Engineering

Cable Giveaway (Ended)
More
I made a one-off cable for Slurp to giveaway as a thank you to the everyone showing interest in the set. The cables features a 5 inch coil, aviator connector, Hot Pink Techflex, Electric Blue Paracord, and bright blue heatshrink.

How to enter: Fill out the IC form above and don't forget to add your discord tag to be entered into the population. Winner will be announced Monday, September 7th both in this thread and in the Ulliam + Fam discord. Note: If you have already filled out the IC form please edit your response and include any update in interest with kitting changes as well as your discord tag.
Winner is elrot! Thanks to everyone that participated in the giveaway. For those that entered and didn't win, don't worry there will be more giveaways to come!

Group Buy will be in February 8th 2021 with the following vendors:
US - MKUltra
CA - AshKeebs
EU - CandyKeys
UK - Protozoa Studio
OCE - SwitchKeys
Asia - zFrontier

Pricing

Collabs
Rocket Cables - Cable (Pictures and more info to come soon)

THOK - More info to come soon ;)

AX Studio - Richard Artisan Cap (Glow in the Dark)

To Do List
  • Find Vendors
  • Finalize Kits based on feedback – if you would like any additional kits PLEASE LET ME KNOW VIA IC FORM
  • Collaboration? If you are an artisan/vendor/maker/creator/artist/designer and would like to collaborate on this set in any way I would love to talk! Discord twoshoes#9097
  • Signature Banner coming very soon

Thanks to:
Ulliam - I wouldn't be here without everything you have done for this set, THANK YOU! Check out his awesome sets if you have not seen them already (KAT Cyberspace and Infinikey Blacklight)
Swishy - Thanks for the feedback on this set from day one and helping troubleshooting the neon sign  ;)
Konstantin - Feedback on kitting, THANK YOU! You are an actual kitting wizard.
Additional thanks to all the great people taking the time to check this set out and getting this far.

Want to stay up to date with this set and others? Check out the Ulliam + Fam discord: https://discord.gg/mxWXZNW

Like Slurp? You can support it by adding the following to your forum Signature:
Code: [Select]
[img]https://imgur.com/wvz4BKy.png[/img]

« Last Edit: Sun, 07 February 2021, 22:16:09 by twoshoes »

Offline twoshoes

Re: [IC] KAT Slurp
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 11:14:22 »
Reserved

Offline yoot

• none
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 11:15:41 »
Love how the keys have 2 colors on them!

Offline gt1989

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 11:17:14 »
I'm going to have to buy this for those slurm mckenzie keys.

Offline KawabataLuis

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 11:31:00 »
Alien Alphas, oof.

Offline GalaxyDynamite

• kbd67mkII / GMK Vaporwave / Zealios67g / Krytox205
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 11:59:45 »
**** YEAH this is what i'm ****ING TALKING ABOUT!

A keycap set that is creative, pushes the envelope....the kind of keycap set that someone see's a picture of online and that's what makes them get into the hobby. I wish this was in SA profile but I will 1000% be first in line to get this bad boy. Alien alphas + novelties WAAAAT?

Offline SpeakingSilence

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 12:00:16 »
This is awesome!

The novelties are not really my style. However, I'd definitely be in for the alienese alphas, some 40s mods and those pink spacebars.

Offline beekey

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 12:02:23 »
Blue mods please!

Offline d4vid4f

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 12:08:50 »
Really like this!

Offline tul

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 12:19:57 »
looks like french and south kit names have been swapped

Offline twoshoes

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 12:31:56 »
looks like french and south kit names have been swapped

Woops! You are right. I will get this fixed asap.

Offline Zireael_

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 14:13:08 »
Me like.
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 August 2020, 14:16:05 by Zireael_ »

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
  • https://sxmdesigns.com
    • Website
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 14:17:06 »
This is stupidly attractive. I am in!

Offline jagger27

• ne 1.5U supers???
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 14:30:36 »
Please I beg, no more centre legends on KAT

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 14:56:36 »
The fact that so many people love this speaks to the diversity of taste in this community, and that's a good thing. I'm not into it but I applaud you for doing something that goes in a new direction, ie, not a rehash of everything else that's out there. I also have to admit, the dual color legends are... legendary. I'm sure this will become a new trend. Good job.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 15:15:48 »
Definitely in for this; both alphas, 2 40s, all three spacebar, & novelties kits for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Paputcher

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 15:39:42 »
These novelties are amazing, they are made by a genius, I can't put into words how much I like the set

Offline fishbiscuit13

• do you realize ???
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 16:08:57 »
I was considering GMK Explorer but now I have to get in on this! Love the color coordination!

Offline 3yatt

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 21:19:36 »
I dig it. I'm in.

Offline harlekein

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 01:19:18 »
Please I beg, no more centre legends on KAT

Move along now. This is perfect. A lot of us like it like this.

I have a suggestion for the Alienese alphas. I love them, but maybe also swap out the punctuation characters for something else? They look a bit out of place to me like this and I would prefer a full alien symbol look.

One more thing, I love the nuke novelty, but not much else there catches my fancy. Maybe we can see a few more into that direction?
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 August 2020, 06:42:19 by harlekein »

Offline KuroTheCrazy

« Reply #20 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 09:18:49 »
This looks really cool. Any chance of getting alternate mod kits to be the same colors as the alphas?

Offline DrHigsby

• The doctor is in.
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 11:07:07 »
Big fan of those Alienese alphas and the non-descript ortho mods.

Offline twoshoes

« Reply #22 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 11:42:54 »
This looks really cool. Any chance of getting alternate mod kits to be the same colors as the alphas?

Seems like a lot of people are interested in an alt blue mod kit. I will put something together and if there is enough interest after people have seen it, I will add it!

Offline twoshoes

« Reply #23 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 11:51:20 »
First off, let me say thank you to everyone that has filled out the IC form. I did not expect this many responses after one day, I really appreciate all of the suggestions and especially all of the positive feedback on the set!

There has been a lot of requests for sublegends via the IC form. I want to keep the set fun and playful (and within the theme) so here's what I came up with for subs:

Is this something you guys would be interested in as another alpha kit? And if so, do you prefer the pink subs or the neon subs?

Online vi0till

« Reply #24 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 11:52:26 »
First off, let me say thank you to everyone that has filled out the IC form. I did not expect this many responses after one day, I really appreciate all of the suggestions and especially all of the positive feedback on the set!

There has been a lot of requests for sublegends via the IC form. I want to keep the set fun and playful (and within the theme) so here's what I came up with for subs:

Show Image

Is this something you guys would be interested in as another alpha kit? And if so, do you prefer the pink subs or the neon subs?
I love this sublegend. Neon for me.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline ponchofreedo

• it me
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 13:48:49 »
whammy wham wham wozzle!

definitely interested.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 14:18:13 »
beautiful, I want one :)
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline bakuretsu

« Reply #27 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 15:29:26 »

Yes, absolutely. Neon subs, please. This looks great.

It even gives us an option for alphas with non-centered legends (kind of), which is almost nonexistent in KAT sets right now. The only other one I can think of that's doing them is KAT Refined.

Offline phinix

« Reply #28 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 15:56:07 »
Neon sub, definitely.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline jagger27

• ne 1.5U supers???
« Reply #29 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 17:22:57 »
See how much cooler it is with subs and off-centred mains? I’m in for that. Neon for sure
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 August 2020, 17:24:48 by jagger27 »

Offline twoshoes

« Reply #30 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 17:29:06 »

Show Image

I love this sublegend. Neon for me.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Neon sub, definitely.

Yes, absolutely. Neon subs, please. This looks great.

It even gives us an option for alphas with non-centered legends (kind of), which is almost nonexistent in KAT sets right now. The only other one I can think of that's doing them is KAT Refined.

See how much cooler it is with subs and off-centred mains? I’m in for that. Neon for sure

Thanks everyone, looks like this is going to go ahead and get added to the list of alphas (3 total kits). I will come back with the full kit and a render on a board. Can't wait for you guys to see it! As mentioned earlier I am exploring the blue mods as well. I will post an update with all of this as soon as I can get it out.

Offline phinix

« Reply #31 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 17:58:35 »
Are they sub legends swapped in purpose?
Like for example 9 and ( are swapped.
I would prefer it in regular/normal order.

Offline hammerbrotha

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 18:55:54 »
I really like this, one of my favorite episodes of futurama is when they visit the slurm factory. Slurms Mckenzie, hey hey hey!

Offline twoshoes

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 20:09:24 »
Are they sub legends swapped in purpose?
Like for example 9 and ( are swapped.
I would prefer it in regular/normal order.

This is added to my list of things to fix. The numbers will be on top in pink and the bottom will be punctuation will be on bottom in neon. Thanks for catching that, lots of kits.

Offline Mimiq

« Reply #34 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 21:45:37 »
Would you consider adding a set of alphas with yellow lettering rather than the pink? I really like the blue and yellow together.

Offline twoshoes

« Reply #35 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 22:30:29 »
Would you consider adding a set of alphas with yellow lettering rather than the pink? I really like the blue and yellow together.

Unfortunately I would not consider getting rid of the pink legends and I am now up to 3 alpha kits. As seen above there will be pink legends with neon sublegends, hopefully that would appeal to you!

Offline antx1701

« Reply #36 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 23:13:24 »
Now that I like for some reason.

I'd like to cast my vote for the neon Alienese sub-legends.
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 August 2020, 23:33:52 by digital_nothing »

Offline bliss

« Reply #37 on: Mon, 17 August 2020, 05:40:33 »
These novelties are amazing, they are made by a genius, I can't put into words how much I like the set
whammy wham wham wozzle!
+1

Really cool set, 100% in :thumb:

Offline Suavity

• Smile more! 🙂
« Reply #38 on: Mon, 17 August 2020, 17:17:04 »
This might just be my first KAT set! I like this.  :)

Offline DrHigsby

• The doctor is in.
« Reply #39 on: Mon, 17 August 2020, 17:54:47 »
Now that I like for some reason.

I'd like to cast my vote for the neon Alienese sub-legends.

Big plus one for me on that. Neon yellow alienese would be amazing.

Offline twoshoes

Re: [IC] KAT Slurp - UPDATED SUBLEGENDS KIT OUT NOW!
« Reply #40 on: Mon, 17 August 2020, 19:44:15 »
First major update, here's what was changed/added:
  • By popular demand, latin/alienese sublegend alphas are now here
  • Kitting - Mods/40s/Ergo kitting was changed to more accurately reflect what you would need, UK/ISO support in base, spacebars swapped around a little bit, and fixed a few errors in kitting
  • A couple basic renders added to show what the sublegends would look like

To do: keep getting feedback (please fill out the IC form if you haven't it really helps me!), release the second deskmat as soon as it's done, and more renders.

In other news...I am working on finishing a custom 1 of 1 Slurp coiled cable that will be raffled off. Additionally, samples have been requested from Keyreative and things are moving there.

Thank you everyone for continuing to support this project.

Offline hiddensong

• this too shall pass
Re: [IC] KAT Slurp - UPDATED SUBLEGENDS KIT OUT NOW! NEW RENDERS!
« Reply #41 on: Mon, 17 August 2020, 23:06:13 »
Yes. This. I usually don’t go for cap sets that are brightly colored but this? Wow. And it fits the Simpson’s meme!! It finally is coming to life....kinda.

Offline twoshoes

Re: [IC] KAT Slurp - SUBLEGENDS KIT & NEW RENDERS! CABLE GIVEAWAY!
« Reply #42 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 01:59:04 »
Updated with the cable giveaway - thank you everyone for the overwhelming support so far. Let's keep it going! Blue mods are being worked on and I will have a render on a board for you soon.

Offline harlekein

« Reply #43 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 05:33:39 »
This is odd for me, as I love alternative legends, but for this kit, I just keep thinking I want Latin alphas. So I'll get the Colevrak kit.

For ortho, can you please add accented ESC? And ideally also make the 1.5u the pink accent? Mito tends to do this with the ortho kits and IMO it ends up looking really good.

Offline twoshoes

« Reply #44 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 09:41:54 »
This is odd for me, as I love alternative legends, but for this kit, I just keep thinking I want Latin alphas. So I'll get the Colevrak kit.

For ortho, can you please add accented ESC? And ideally also make the 1.5u the pink accent? Mito tends to do this with the ortho kits and IMO it ends up looking really good.

Thanks for the feedback & reference images - I noted this and will add those keys to the Ortho Mods kit. Thanks for the suggestion.

Offline phinix

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 09:43:32 »
Just asking - do numbers need to be on top?

Offline twoshoes

« Reply #46 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 09:59:41 »

This was simply a design choice made by me. I thought with the dual color legends it looks better with pink numbers on top and neon punctuation on bottom.

Offline phinix

« Reply #47 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 11:38:47 »

This was simply a design choice made by me. I thought with the dual color legends it looks better with pink numbers on top and neon punctuation on bottom.

Cool, I understand, thanks.

Offline ChillKeebs

• Come chill on Twitch
« Reply #48 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 15:13:56 »
249857-0

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #49 on: Wed, 19 August 2020, 17:05:58 »
Blank neon green mods please?

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk