Author Topic: [IC] ErgoDox double shot DCS set?  (Read 3081 times)

Offline phx

[IC] ErgoDox double shot DCS set?
« on: Fri, 21 March 2014, 14:30:03 »
white on black double shot ABS DCS profile for the ergodox.

the idea is to use the standard QWERTY layout with letters and numbers at fixed profiles and have special symbols/punctuation come in multiple different profiles so people can swap them around and still have them in the correct row. the goal is to achieve a board with every keycap marked, looks and feels like a DCS board.

won't be cheap since there will be a lot of extra caps, probably around 100-120 caps.
thoughts?

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
Re: [IC] ErgoDox double shot DCS set?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 21 March 2014, 14:32:34 »
interested yes, depending on the symbols disposition :)

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 21 March 2014, 14:41:42 »
Maybe, legends depending.

Offline phx

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 21 March 2014, 15:13:46 »
what do people generally use for creating mockups? just photoshop?

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 21 March 2014, 16:31:26 »
what do people generally use for creating mockups? just photoshop?
http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/ most commonly

I'll edit this in a second with how I had to carry around my layouts from machine to machine

EDIT:
okay so, some of the time I've been able to "save" then choose permalink ... or maybe you have to not save then click permalink it doesn't work all the time for me to share layouts.

But, if you go to the site above, then choose "raw data", then in another tab go here
http://pastebin.com/V7jHpJFX
copy all that gibberish, and paste so to replace the 10-key raw data, then click back on 'properties', you can edit your colors, keys, etc.

HTH
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 March 2014, 16:35:21 by AKmalamute »

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 21 March 2014, 19:06:14 »
Definitely interested in this. SP has standard TKL white on black DCS caps steadily available. Maybe it would be easier if we only get white on black ergodox kit?
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline justnits

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 21 March 2014, 20:40:42 »
i am interested in this whole idea, not on DCS profile, but more on how to get a better standard legend-ed ergodox kit.
there's been quite a discussion on what is the common key used in the 1.5u horizontal, 1.5u vertical and 2u vertical section in matt3o's DSA PBT Granite IC.
squarefrog took the liberty to compile some data about different people's ergodox layout here.
if you just want to see the results, go here instead.

in order to keep the price low, a lot of adjustment and compromising had to be done on matt3o's ergodox kit.
but of course, this was done with using DSA profile in mind, which has a universal row height, so the data on which key goes to which row, we don't know, except if someone were to gather that data again from everyone's layout.
hence it'll be helpful if people share their massdrop configurator layout in squarefrog's thread.

| | | |
Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 Gateron Red w/ Korean 55g gold lubed spring & custom LED | Ergodox with Aluminium top plate | IBM Model M SSK | GHPad | GON's Nerd TKL | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX Blue
[Sold]Keycool 87 PBT White Cherry MX Blue | [Sold]ikbc F-104 Cherry MX Brown

Offline squarefrog

• \m/_
    • Ergodox Layout Stats
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 06:43:21 »
but of course, this was done with using DSA profile in mind, which has a universal row height, so the data on which key goes to which row, we don't know, except if someone were to gather that data again from everyone's layout.

I've stored the full layout of everyones keys, so if we need to know which row is which its not a problem. I didn't include it in the general stats as this was DSA as you mention. Let me know if you need a row based calculation of the stats, but my initial thought is that it'll basically return a lot of single use keys for specific rows.