Author Topic: [GB] GMK Dracula (CLOSED) — Color-matching complete!  (Read 194076 times)

Offline Buster69

Re: [GB] GMK Dracula (CLOSED) — Color-matching complete!
« Reply #450 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 13:01:32 »
Take orders for R2 already to lump in with R1??  ^-^

That wouldn't be a big **** you to people that have been waiting 2.5 years

You're right it wouldn't, since they'll still get their set and other people would have the opportunity to jump in too.
Or did you want your keyset to stay exclusive and have small numbers for some reason? Why would that be?

Ya, we want the keyset to stay exclusive for now because we did our time in the trenches.

I am sure this set will be ran many more times like GMK Laser - IF the set comes out nicely which is why a vendor would not open the floodgates now. Risk. R2's exist and usually have small revisions. And who even knows if GMK can just double or triple a production order. I don't know, I'm no hamster scientist.

This has been talked about into the ground. There are walls of text a couple of pages back, avail yourself. New subject  :))

No vendor will care about how much time you invested waiting for their product. If they feel there is a way to make more profit they will.

You are a regular Warren Buffet lol. Dead subject

Offline WetRacoon

« Reply #451 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 00:28:38 »
The year is 2299.  Much of the planet lays barren, bereft of the rich ecological and artificial wonders which had defined it for so long.  The cults of its “leaders” now withered down to but hundreds, huddled in underground caverns, forsaking their sisters and brothers, devoted still to their immeasurably irrational cause.  Pallid skin heaves with each breath, a scorched atmosphere turning the sun from life-giver into life-taker.  Radiation.  Terra.  Death.

The poles did not fare much better, as one hundred years of rebellion and civil war left nothing but a wreckage of lost hope, hope for a rescued future.  Hope for survival.  What wandered the vast frozen research facilities now wasn’t Homo Sapiens.  It was Homo Abominis.  What redeemable aspects of the human form there were before were now lost to time, and this newer more savage form…it retained the worst of us.  To rape and to pillage.  This was the new destiny.

It would be dishonest to claim the state of the globe was mankind’s doing alone; the Great Annihilator had ensured that it drank deeply from the wound of a dying animal.  None saw their true form.  All that was ever visible was the monstrous, eldritch ships, hung dark in the sky as feeding cables strung like lights met the surface of the planet.  The alien must have been disappointed to see a planet which had consumed itself, when they had such hunger to consume it themselves.  This did not stop them from taking specimens for their own experiments.

It could be said that there was still some improvement on this dying world; damnation was equal.  Damnation for the poor.  Damnation for the rich.  Income equality vanished, along with income.  The “Slug Lords”, ruinous pits of lust and consumption, using the desperate and poor for their own vile needs grasped at their rule for a decade.  Suffice to say, the alien did find plentiful nutrition when they turned down the offer from the shadow of the formerly rich; their phallic feeding tubes instead buried themselves into their negotiators, the soft protein driving the war engines of the Annihilator towards its next inexorable conquest.

We find ourselves here then.  At the end of all stories.  Perhaps the universe is…what was that?  The earth shudders in a dozen locations.  Secret vaults open.  Salvation may lay inside.  There is more to tell.

The year is 2299.  Dracula…has finished color matching.

Offline ab042896

« Reply #452 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 09:27:13 »

Ya, we want the keyset to stay exclusive for now because we did our time in the trenches.

No vendor will care about how much time you invested waiting for their product. If they feel there is a way to make more profit they will.

just to hop on, if you personally see added value in your purchase of a consumer product by virtue of others not having access to it, IMO that is such a miserable mentality. But hey, at the end of the day I guess that's what Group Buys create, a special sense of belonging and exclusivity.

I hope for everyone in on this GB's sake that the colours turn out great, and more round(s) are offered up to those that missed out so anyone can enjoy what will hopefully be an excellent set.

...just wanted to devolve the thread a little more ;)

Offline Buster69

« Reply #453 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 19:25:14 »

just to hop on, if you personally see added value in your purchase of a consumer product by virtue of others not having access to it, IMO that is such a miserable mentality. But hey, at the end of the day I guess that's what Group Buys create, a special sense of belonging and exclusivity.

I hope for everyone in on this GB's sake that the colours turn out great, and more round(s) are offered up to those that missed out so anyone can enjoy what will hopefully be an excellent set.

...just wanted to devolve the thread a little more ;)

It was mostly a joke lol. I provided reasoning why it wouldn't be feasible to just open up more orders before R1 even ships... Just tired of the whining and the subject has been beat to death in here

Offline andreiborisov

[GB] GMK Dracula (CLOSED) — Color-matching complete!
« Reply #454 on: Fri, 07 May 2021, 10:13:43 »
This set is good and all, but I’m more interested in other sets pikku-allu is cooking up behind the scenes (assuming he is)
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 May 2021, 10:16:06 by andreiborisov »

Offline regionfree

« Reply #455 on: Mon, 10 May 2021, 04:04:05 »
Looking good for 2025! This is it, folks! Almost there!

Offline rookybomb

« Reply #456 on: Mon, 10 May 2021, 17:04:36 »
Hoping this to turn out nicely

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #457 on: Mon, 10 May 2021, 19:39:45 »
WTB a set of this. PM me bb

Offline Auracity

« Reply #458 on: Mon, 10 May 2021, 20:54:33 »
Is Dracula in the back of production que? Or does it get some type of priority?

People previously have said that it gets queue priority

Is Dracula in the back of production que? Or does it get some type of priority?

Production is queued before colour matching is finished.

Offline cutemelon

« Reply #459 on: Mon, 10 May 2021, 23:22:09 »
Wtb the minify set if someone doesn't want/need theirs

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Offline Cloakedbug

« Reply #460 on: Tue, 18 May 2021, 22:31:19 »
Woooooo! Great news! Any chance we can get some pics of the latest samples?
Throw us a little tasty bone maybe :P

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #461 on: Wed, 19 May 2021, 01:39:22 »
Was hoping an update from the omnitype site. But its still the april update. I hope the ETA is in 2021.

Offline Pylon

« Reply #462 on: Wed, 19 May 2021, 22:20:18 »
Seems like an update was posted on the Timelines. It's estimated to ship from GMK in early August, and to customers in September.

https://omnitype.com/blogs/timelines/gmk-dracula

Still a bit disappointing given that it's going to be almost 2 years since GB once it ships, and I was hoping for higher production priority from GMK, but it's likely that they're constrained by the lead times of their plastic resin supplier and that GMK themselves can't do much about that.  It's also 3000 sets, which is a lot.

Offline ReverbSlush

• 16/52 RNG score
« Reply #463 on: Thu, 20 May 2021, 06:46:05 »
Still a bit disappointing given that it's going to be almost 2 years since GB once it ships, and I was hoping for higher production priority from GMK, but it's likely that they're constrained by the lead times of their plastic resin supplier and that GMK themselves can't do much about that.  It's also 3000 sets, which is a lot.

I hear what you're saying but I'm just ecstatic that it is even going to exist while I'm still alive.  For a bit it was looking like it was the keyset of vampires, for vampires.

Offline WHAT!?

• WHAT!?
« Reply #464 on: Thu, 20 May 2021, 11:18:30 »
I guess if everything I read is correct I should be getting Dracula and Cyberspace right around the same time or at least within a couple months of each other.

Gonna go from none of it to all of it. lol

Now I just have to make it through the next few weeks resisting the urge to order the R2 of Dual Shot...

Offline neah12

« Reply #465 on: Wed, 26 May 2021, 16:45:00 »
i'm really happy to get this set soon, it's my first gmk set and for a few moments i was a afraid to not see this exist😥