Author Topic: [IC] GMK Fleuriste - GB JAN 25-FEB 25  (Read 59005 times)

Offline Jebus

[IC] GMK Fleuriste - GB JAN 25-FEB 25
« on: Sun, 11 April 2021, 11:51:25 »

"You're walking down the promenade, then suddenly you are welcomed by the fresh scent of flowers...
The creams of the city walls brightened up and dotted with the colors of flowers."

THE GB PAGE IS NOW UP

PRICES:

Hey everyone, I'm excited to announce a collaboration with HIBI and another piece from MOZIcaps (Coming soon!)

IC Form
I'd like to thank everyone who participated in the feedback process for the set, your input was invaluable in creating the set! :) 

Changelog:

04/25/2021
More
Hey everyone!

This week's update brings you a significant rework of the kitting, QOL changes, additionally some simple deskmat designs. (leave feedback ty <3)

Base kit changes:
  • Complete overhaul, removal of numpad to keep costs in bay.
  • Added the much requested 2.00, 2.25 and 2.75U spacebar options
  • Removed 2.00u Shift
  • Added 1.50u Super keys and an extra 1u Alt key

*NEW* Numpad kit:
  • Initially wanted to provide as big of a coverage as possible (with the current colour options) with the base kit, but with the introduction of the new accent colours, this change had to be made to keep costs on the ground.
    I know this change might be a bummer for some, but I hope the newly introduced colour option makes up for it!

*NEW* Accent kit:
  • This kit includes a much requested feature, that being a better representation of the green in the set.
  • Additionally, this kit provides further options for split spacebar users and some of you that use 6.00U spacebars.

40s/Ortho kit:
  • Less accent options, but bigger coverage with the introduction of the R3 1.25U Commit, R3 1U Code and the R4 1U Send keys!
  • Removed R3 1U Tab key.
  • Added 2x1.75U Space keys to support JD40/45 variants.

Novelty kit:
  • Added green ISO and ANSI enter novelties.

New deskmat designs!
  • Added some simple mats! Leave your feedback on those! :)

I realise some of these changes might introduce some unwelcome changes, but I do believe this direction is highly beneficial for the set in the future, making it more colorful, while hopefully making purchases feel better.
It's entirely possible I missed something, or made some mistakes, please do point them out for me! Thank you for the feedback, take care!

04/29/2021
More
Changed the colours of the set, added RAL colour samples. Updated the renders to reflect previous changes.

(Disclaimer: Colours are an approximation, the final product may have some differences!)
06/05/2021
More
Follow up changes to the deskmat designs, including a new colorway. Removal of the old Vert and Magenta deskmats.

07/12/2021
More
Files sent for quoting, kits finalised.

Colours
Colours chosen are: RAL9001, RAL1015, RAL4006 and RAL 6036

Proposed Kits

Core

The kit provides coverage for common layouts, including 60%, 65%, 75%, TKL, 660, Alice.

Novelty Kit

Flower shop and Paris themed novelties for everyone to enjoy.

Accent Kit

Magenta and green accents for common spacebars, ISO enter keys and arrow keys. Includes further options for split and 6U spacebar users.

40s/Ortho

Provides coverage for the most common small form factor layouts including Van variants, Candybar, Whimsy, JD40/45 and Ortho variants.

Numpad

Pretty self-explanatory, a simple numpad kit with accent options.

Collaborations

HIBI

MOZIcaps

TBD

Deskmats

Promenade

Monument - Vert

Monument - Magenta

Monument - Beige

Renders

OGR by AKB

GMMK Pro by Glorious (Model by Elmo)

Fjell by Mekanisk

M60-A by RAMA WORKS

J-02 by Jae

Petrichor by AKB

IC Form   

Contact info:
Discord - Jebus#3245
Reddit - u/B3njaw

If you have anything to ask me, or are interested in collabing, feel free to hit me up!

Vendors

EU: CandyKeys
USA: Kono
Canada: DeskHero
OCE: DailyClack
UK: proto[Typist]
Asia: zFrontier
LATAM: Fancy Customs
SEA: iLumkb

Please consider supporting the set by using the signature below!

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=112243.0][img]https://i.imgur.com/wGK8VjV.png[/img][/url]
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 January 2022, 06:10:28 by Jebus »

Offline adobau

• https://adobaulabs.com
    • adobaulabs
Re: [IC] GMK Fleuriste
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 11 April 2021, 11:53:44 »
I love everything about this! GLWIC 💖

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 11 April 2021, 12:03:27 »
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=105034.0  :'(

Edit: in all seriousness, I wasn't in much of a position to push a GMK GB at the time I posted my IC, and I don't believe in flag-planting. However I do think my version is better, so I'd encourage you to consider using my colors instead of the ones you chose :p
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 April 2021, 12:09:56 by tex_live_utility »
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 11 April 2021, 12:08:17 »
chefkiss

Offline realezi_

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 11 April 2021, 12:11:21 »
Looks great, glwic!

Offline Jebus

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 11 April 2021, 12:13:17 »
I love everything about this! GLWIC 💖

Thank you very much!

Edit: in all seriousness, I wasn't in much of a position to push a GMK GB at the time I posted my IC, and I don't believe in flag-planting. However I do think my version is better, so I'd encourage you to consider using my colors instead of the ones you chose :p

Oh man :( I tried looking for ICs that are similar to my idea, and chose colours accordingly... I guess with how many sets are being deisgned nowadays it's hard not to choose colors similar to others. I do prefer mine tho, considering the amount of work I put in it :P

Offline azzipa

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 11 April 2021, 12:14:40 »
very understated, very nice! definitely a classic and evocative combination of colors. glwic  :thumb:

and this

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 11 April 2021, 12:18:13 »
Please consider changing the R3 "#~" key to R3 "\|" key for a full basic ISO support. Also, iso enter novelties about a bouquet of lavender or orchid may be good since we're about to be in the season now and it matches the purple tone.

Offline P103

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 11 April 2021, 12:35:57 »
This is hot.

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 11 April 2021, 12:38:58 »
I guess lighter mods is unique at least

Offline Izeri

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 11 April 2021, 12:43:49 »
Are those RAL chips AND GMK samples??

Offline Jebus

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 11 April 2021, 13:00:54 »
very understated, very nice! definitely a classic and evocative combination of colors. glwic  :thumb:

Show Image

Show Image

and this

Show Image

Thank you! I purposefully went for a more understated design that one could match with a good number of keyboard colors!

Please consider changing the R3 "#~" key to R3 "\|" key for a full basic ISO support. Also, iso enter novelties about a bouquet of lavender or orchid may be good since we're about to be in the season now and it matches the purple tone.

This was changed during the creation a number of times, but in the end I settled on this version because I thought it would be a good compromise for all users of different ISO variants. I appreciate your feedback, will consider changing it if there's enough demand, for sure!

Are those RAL chips AND GMK samples??

Well, not real ones but renders. I figured it would be a more interesting way to show off the colors I choose, and also compare the color of the renders I made (since I used the same lighting on everything) and the official colors from the RAL website.
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 April 2021, 05:04:38 by Jebus »

Offline totalemon

• good morning :)
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 11 April 2021, 17:58:41 »
This is pretty. I like it a lot. I'd be interested to see what it looks like with a purple spacebar add-on, but it's pretty perfect as is. You've done an amazing job!!

Offline Clay333

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 11 April 2021, 19:11:11 »
I'm going to be honest these are probably the last colors I would ever pick to combine, but somehow this set looks amazing. I hate everything about it but am somehow drawn to it. What is this magic you possess?

Offline NovaRMK

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 11 April 2021, 19:12:47 »

Offline SDKCAMPING

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 11 April 2021, 19:23:43 »

personally this newer version is something I'd be much more interested in. Your version's color scheme is what I've become tired of seeing considering there are new ICs  being posted every day - pick a neutral color (white) then pick a modifier color, and then an accent color. it seems boring and uninspired. I think this new set is more unique and has character.
« Last Edit: Fri, 30 April 2021, 21:11:45 by SDKCAMPING »
Blue Gray Ciel 60 with BCPs | E-white 7V (plateless) with Aqua Kings

Offline itsazly

• website place
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 11 April 2021, 20:23:33 »
Really love the deeper jewel tones and the cohesiveness with the novelties. Hope it gets to GB in summer or fall.  :thumb:

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 11 April 2021, 20:28:07 »
Love it. GLWIC!

Hon hon muh baguette

Offline PseudoLlama

• Ṗ̵̡̝̀̓e̸͉̲͛̔̓͝p̵̢̳̦̲̬̌͊̃̑͝e̷̯͔̾g̶̢̡̳̀̑̋a̶͕̺͆͌͒
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 11 April 2021, 21:33:07 »
Big yes from me.

Offline Zephyraeon

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 01:42:32 »
I love the green and purple you've selected, but I'd be a bit nervous jumping on this with 4 custom colours. Wouldn't it be possible to use some of the standard GMK whites to cover the cream alphas and white mods? Makes it easier to mix and match sets + less colour matching required pre-production.

Offline Jebus

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 02:22:56 »
I love the green and purple you've selected, but I'd be a bit nervous jumping on this with 4 custom colours. Wouldn't it be possible to use some of the standard GMK whites to cover the cream alphas and white mods? Makes it easier to mix and match sets + less colour matching required pre-production.

Absolutely, I get your concern, I was a bit hesitant as well. See, the whole idea started with GMK whites and grew to be the version you see now.
In some of the earliest renders I made, the set used CP and WS1 (also tried others but none of them worked for me), which were a good match for the idea I had in mind at the time but felt extremely bland and like any other white/beige set.
I chose custom colours for the beiges, because I really do think it gives the set a lot more character.

While not the same alpha and mod color you see now, you get the idea:

Thank you everyone for the kind words!

Offline iinko_mk

« Reply #21 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 10:10:30 »
very nice!
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=110839.0][img width=300 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/GKL0Jxi.png[/img][/url]

Offline mr_fro2000

« Reply #22 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 12:27:26 »
Wow this looks great!  Colors work so well together... good luck with sale!

Offline dimo

[IC] GMK Fleuriste - [UPDATE 04/12/2021 More renders!, Proposed Changes]
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 13:51:33 »
it reminds me of gmk good kid which never came to fruition and the addition of the two off whites works really well!:]
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 April 2021, 20:37:06 by dimo »

Offline Jebus

« Reply #24 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 14:19:48 »
Hey folks!

Based on recent feedback I've begun working and ideating on possible changes of the current kitting, which include minor (but important) and possibly bigger changes in the near future. Some of you noted you'd like to see the green playing a bigger part in the set.
This was a concious decision on my part as intrudicing more colors could bloat the kits or intruduce the need of too many child kits. Fear not, tho, your voice have been heard, these are the ideas I've been toying with:

Option no.1: Separating accents from the base kits. While the idea of more customization might sound exciting, I think in the case of this set, would create an unnecessary amount of child kits that would lead to the need of purchasing more unwanted keys.
(Keep in mind that this set works with 4 custom colors!)

Option no.2: I like this idea much more, as the removed keys (detailed further below) allow more space for other options regarding the base kit, while keeping the kit count the same, and prices very close.

Changes that are to come in the near future:
  • Changing the R3 "#~" key to R3 "\|" key
  • Removal of mod colored R2 "\|"
  • Removal of mod colored R1 "~`"
  • Addition of R3 "PgDn"
  • Addition of ISO Enter novelties are being worked on.

I would be delighted to hear your thoughts about these changes! :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 April 2021, 14:57:52 by Jebus »

Offline Jebus

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 14:23:42 »
Wow this looks great!  Colors work so well together... good luck with sale!
very nice!

Thank you very much! :)

those colors have to be picked from barney.

nonetheless it reminds me of gmk good kid which never came to fruition and the addition of the two off whites works really well!:]

The worst thing about what you just said is that I can't unsee it now. Keep in mind I actually have to work on this set, so the idea of flowers was much more calming.  :blank:
Anyway, thank you, I'm glad you like it :)

Offline guill3m

• Shut up and take my money
Re: [IC] GMK Fleuriste - Proposed Updates
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 14:37:38 »
I like the new kitting much more, specifically Option 2 as it is pretty close to what I wrote in the IC form.
That said, I would still love to see a green ANSI Enter in base.

If I'm not mistaken, the legend in the green arrows would be the lighter white, right? Which means an extra color in the kit just for those little legends. Instead, personally I would prefer to see purple small bars over green arrows.

Maybe a green version of 4 of the 1u novelties as well? So you can have 2 in each row, filling an XT column.
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 April 2021, 14:40:42 by guill3m »

Offline Jebus

Re: [IC] GMK Fleuriste - Proposed Updates
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 15:08:20 »
I like the new kitting much more, specifically Option 2 as it is pretty close to what I wrote in the IC form.
That said, I would still love to see a green ANSI Enter in base.

If I'm not mistaken, the legend in the green arrows would be the lighter white, right? Which means an extra color in the kit just for those little legends. Instead, personally I would prefer to see purple small bars over green arrows.

Maybe a green version of 4 of the 1u novelties as well? So you can have 2 in each row, filling an XT column.

I think this is where the idea of a set with multiple accents becomes problematic, especially for a new set that hasn't been colour matched yet, and not yet popular by the masses. I want to avoid having spacebar kits with huge costs because of the amount wasted keys you are being left with for the cost. I figured including the arrow keys this way would prove to be a good middle ground for everyone. Nothing is set in stone just yet...but currently I'm really gravitating towards the second option I proposed.

Offline nvh2092

Re: [IC] GMK Fleuriste - [UPDATE 04/12/2021 More renders!, Proposed Changes]
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 15:13:36 »
I think you can look at GMK Fundamentals final kitting for a third option when it comes to multiple accents (https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=109361.0).
Also, imo, making novelties for enter both ansi and iso in all accents (Purple and Green) and remove the mod color ones would ne more eye-catching.

Offline andreiborisov

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 16:28:33 »
Now, this is lovely. Consider adding Tsangan Mac support for the bottom row.

Offline Jebus

« Reply #30 on: Sat, 17 April 2021, 03:15:29 »
Hey folks! Big update coming right up!

General:
  • Colour tweaks
  • There has been some controversy sorrounding the colour chip renders, so that has been removed. While my intentions were absolutely not to fool people into believing those were real colour samples - it was supposed to be more of a fun way to show off colours on the renders, not to represent real colour samples - I can absolutely get how it could steer people into believing otherwise...I apologise for that!

Base kit changes:
  • Changed the R3 "#~" key to "\|"
  • Removed mod colored R2 "\|"
  • Removed mod colored R1 "~`" key
  • Added of R3 "PgDn" key
  • Added green "Esc" key

Novelty kit changes:
  • ISO Novelties! (enter--> entry :))
  • Changed the R1 flower basket novelties to none other than Paris' most famous landmark, the Eiffel tower.
  • Removed bonsai icon and replaced it with the flower basket in favor of the Eiffel tower novelty. I felt the bonsai icon didn't really match thematically as it's not something that's a common item in flower shops.
  • Added green R1 novelty option
  • QOL updates on some of the novelties, notably on the bicycle, wreath and hanging flower novelty to fit GMK's sizing restrictions more

Spacebar kit changes:
  • Added green arrow keys

And more importantly: Vendors!, Thanks to everyone who reached out to me and the ones I contacted myself for being such helpful and kind people!
Collaborations: Custom cables are in the works with the talented RocketCables!
This is pretty much it for the week, I hope you like the changes and the updates, please leave your feedback here or in the IC Thread
« Last Edit: Sat, 17 April 2021, 04:32:23 by Jebus »

Offline nvh2092

**** me, now I have to buy your set. Also, there's mistake on the R3 "\|" key, it is placed at R2 in the base kit.

Offline Jebus

**** me, now I have to buy your set. Also, there's mistake on the R3 "\|" key, it is placed at R2 in the base kit.

Oh wow, completely glanced over that one! Thank you for the heads up, will fix asap and I'm glad you enjoy the changes :)

Offline nvh2092

Oh wow, completely glanced over that one! Thank you for the heads up, will fix asap and I'm glad you enjoy the changes :)
The mod color chosen is extremely close to the alpha one. It's gonna be a real problem in color matching. Have you tried using another color for mod ((lighter purple) or (lighter green) or (the same green from alpha legend) or (even using the same alpha color for mod color with purple legend))? 

Offline Jebus

The mod color chosen is extremely close to the alpha one. It's gonna be a real problem in color matching. Have you tried using another color for mod ((lighter purple) or (lighter green) or (the same green from alpha legend) or (even using the same alpha color for mod color with purple legend))?
'
I did try both of your suggestions, but in the end this combination worked the best for me personally. I tried to keep the set pretty muted, so the vibrant green and purple were in the focus, not the creams. From what I've heard about the alpha color, it should be a bit darker in real life, but this I have yet to confirm myself as I don't currently have the RAL samples, sadly.

Offline nvh2092

'
I did try both of your suggestions, but in the end this combination worked the best for me personally. I tried to keep the set pretty muted, so the vibrant green and purple were in the focus, not the creams. From what I've heard about the alpha color, it should be a bit darker in real life, but this I have yet to confirm myself as I don't currently have the RAL samples, sadly.
Yeah, I think having physical colors would be better before proceeding.

Offline armintehgreat

I personally think having alpha color 2. 2.25, and 2.75u keys in the spacebar kit would work better than them being accent colors (im thinking about this in terms of an alice layout). Alternatively I have seen other sets include these keys in the base kit, which could allow the current spacebar kit to be the same and have those keys removed from the ortho kit. I guess this would make the base kit a bit more expensive, but would allow those using an alice layout to not have to buy an ortho kit for three keys.

Offline ab042896

« Reply #37 on: Sat, 17 April 2021, 12:04:33 »
IMO mods being lighter than alphas looks strange

While not the same alpha and mod color you see now, you get the idea:
Show Image

overall I prefer this, it would have me more interested to be honest

Offline kure_

me like

Offline mrpetrov

i really like this, colors work great.

Offline Jebus

'
Yeah, I think having physical colors would be better before proceeding.
Absolutely, this is only week one after all :)

I personally think having alpha color 2. 2.25, and 2.75u keys in the spacebar kit would work better than them being accent colors (im thinking about this in terms of an alice layout). Alternatively I have seen other sets include these keys in the base kit, which could allow the current spacebar kit to be the same and have those keys removed from the ortho kit. I guess this would make the base kit a bit more expensive, but would allow those using an alice layout to not have to buy an ortho kit for three keys.
Yes, this option has been taken into consideration and is for sure a possible change in the future, tho it depends on a number of factors, a huge one being interest in the 40% kit. I wanted to avoid bloating the kits and as the base kit already includes partial support for Alice style layouts (with the included B, and modifier keys), I hoped this kitting might be a silver lining for both camps. Thank you for your feedback, I will definitely keep it in mind should the need for kit changes come in the future!

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
Love it  :thumb:

Offline hali

• hali.studio
just saying, all of your renders say ASDFHG instead of ASDFGH. wonder how that happened

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
Looks great! ;D

Offline Jebus

Looks great! ;D

Thanks, glad you like it! :]

just saying, all of your renders say ASDFHG instead of ASDFGH. wonder how that happened

Haha, well, certainly a weird layout, I agree. ;D Most likely I made an oopsie in the core kit and then proceeded to work with that for everything else...Damn.
Edit: Behold the power of Photoshop! Thanks for the heads up!
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 April 2021, 06:18:06 by Jebus »

Offline totalemon

• good morning :)
Loving the updates! I'd really like a green enter if possible

Offline Jebus

Re: [IC] GMK Fleuriste - [04/25/2021 Kit rework! Deskmat options!]
« Reply #47 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 08:11:45 »
Hey everyone, I posted this week's update. You can check it out in the more tab at the top of the post! The changes include a huge variety of requested changes, I hope you can find something you like!

EDIT: Also, added an updated IC Form with some of the changes introduced, please take your time to fill it! Thank you! :)

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #48 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 08:23:12 »
I like this new kitting, those green iso enter novelties  :eek: . I'm gonna buy base, novelties and accent kit anyway  :thumb:

Offline Jebus

« Reply #49 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 08:34:54 »
I like this new kitting, those green iso enter novelties  :eek: . I'm gonna buy base, novelties and accent kit anyway  :thumb:
I'm really glad to hear that! :) Thank you!