Author Topic: [GB] S7-Elephant 70% custom keyboard!(R2 check )  (Read 97277 times)

Offline mrkantz

Re: [GB] S7-Elephant 70% custom keyboard!(Start shipping ,pm me on discord )
« Reply #300 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 12:04:16 »
I usually just upload the json file to kbfirmware.com and then export the source files so I can edit them in a code editor alongside the rest of my keymaps. I find it faster than using the web UI.

Offline TunnaTown

« Reply #301 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 15:17:47 »
Guys, I don't quite know what to do with the json file Jacky uploaded.
Neither config.qmk.fm, nor the keyboard-layout-editor or kbfirmware seems to be able to use it.
Can someone help me out?
I just customized it with layers and it works (tested). Go to http://kbfirmware.com/
> hit 'Upload' button at top of page
> choose the json file
> that's it, the wiring diagram comes up and you can customize and compile.

I usually just upload the json file to kbfirmware.com and then export the source files so I can edit them in a code editor alongside the rest of my keymaps. I find it faster than using the web UI.

Thanks guys!

Offline Mag_Flux

« Reply #302 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 20:20:21 »
Damn.  That is the keyboard of 2018.  Kicking myself right now.

Add a thick brass plate to it, and that's PEEEERFEEEECTTTT. I feel so dumb for not joining this

Jacky R2 when????
I am feel sorry this board wont comes again.due to this first run i have lost much  :-\

the cost is beyond what I expected.: (

Jacky I just wanted to reach out and say wow, you did an incredible job with this group buy.

Everything was done quickly and well communicated and the end result is absolutely amazing, everything is top notch. I'm sorry to hear you lost money on this, no one should have to lose money on a group buy especially when it was run so well. I'm not sure about others but I'd be happy to send some additional money your way to help out. I'm sending some money to your PayPal account, it's not much but I figure anything helps. :)

Anyhow again, excellent work Jacky. I'm blown away with how this turned out and hope this isn't your last project.

« Last Edit: Thu, 15 November 2018, 20:48:58 by Mag_Flux »

Offline jacky

« Reply #303 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 20:50:37 »
Damn.  That is the keyboard of 2018.  Kicking myself right now.

Add a thick brass plate to it, and that's PEEEERFEEEECTTTT. I feel so dumb for not joining this

Jacky R2 when????
I am feel sorry this board wont comes again.due to this first run i have lost much  :-\

the cost is beyond what I expected.: (

Jacky I just wanted to reach out and say wow, you did an incredible job with this group buy.

Everything was done quickly and well communicated and the end result is absolutely amazing, everything is top notch. I'm sorry to hear you lost money on this, no one should have to lose money on a group buy especially when it was run so well. I'm not sure about others but I'd be happy to send some additional money your way to help out, after all in my opinion this thing was a bargain. I'm sending some money to your PayPal account, it's not much but I figure anything helps. :)

Anyhow again, excellent work Jacky. I'm blown away with how this turned out and hope this isn't your last project given how this one turned out.
It doesnt matter Mike ,you are so kind.

i am glad you like this keyboard .thank for you help but keep you money ,dont need send to me  :thumb:

Apperciate it !

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #304 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 04:23:53 »
Did anyone with the founders edition receive their case? I am curious about how it looks.

Offline Starius

« Reply #305 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 06:25:09 »
Did anyone with the founders edition receive their case? I am curious about how it looks.

Still waiting for mine.  You can bet that I'll share pics when I get it though!
:D

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #306 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 12:22:57 »
guys, I need your help:
I created my own layout in the configurator but when I try to use the keyboard it doesn't put out any characters. The flashing in qmk toolbox went fine. Maybe the problem is that I imported my layout from kle. I did this because I would like to use an iso enter key but you can't change the layout in the configurator.
thanks in advance

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #307 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 12:28:42 »
or jacky if you have the time, can you post another .json file with an ISO enter?

Offline mkarlsson

[GB] S7-Elephant 70% custom keyboard!(Start shipping ,pm me on discord )
« Reply #308 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 13:46:03 »
or jacky if you have the time, can you post another .json file with an ISO enter?

That’s normally not needed. Just map the KC_NUBS and KC_NUHS. No expert though. I just configured an YMD60MQ with a minila layout json. All I did was map those two and set the non used keys as KC_NO.

https://docs.qmk.fm/#/faq_keymap

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #309 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 13:55:38 »

That’s normally not needed. Just map the KC_NUBS and KC_NUHS. No expert though. I just configured an YMD60MQ with a minila layout json. All I did was map those two and set the non used keys as KC_NO.

In the configurator I can't add or relocate keys. So I fe. Can't use the key left of the ISO enter

Gesendet von meinem H8416 mit Tapatalk

Offline mkarlsson

« Reply #310 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 14:04:58 »

In the configurator I can't add or relocate keys. So I fe. Can't use the key left of the ISO enter

I had that same question time ago and Wei from kbdfans sent me this. This is how you map that key:

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #311 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 14:06:02 »

I had that same question time ago and Wei from kbdfans sent me this. This is how you map that key:

Show Image

Ok thanks

Offline mkarlsson

« Reply #312 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 14:09:13 »

Show Image

Ok thanks

No problem, hope it works.

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #313 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 10:31:35 »
For some reason, my PCB is stuck in the first layer. If I hit the key to change the layer in jackys keymap nothing happens.

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #314 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 12:20:01 »
I was finally able to figure out what was wrong with my PCB. For some reason, the function layer was set as the default.

Jacky, you can ignore my messages I set your way with questions.
Thank you very much for making this group buy happen. This is such a unique design and holy it is sssooooo heavy. Your design will be my endgame board (I know that endgame is an illusion :D) I will use amazing keycaps and switches for this holy keyboard.

Offline zap2oz

« Reply #315 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 15:11:43 »
Such a fun board! Just finished building mine with lubed retooled blacks. Can't wait to get GMK Monochrome =)

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #316 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 17:07:43 »
Such a fun board! Just finished building mine with lubed retooled blacks. Can't wait to get GMK Monochrome =)
This is a fine build right there :p

Offline jacky

« Reply #317 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 22:38:32 »
New PCb arrived The rest of board will ship tomorrow

About 5 orders

Thanks !

Offline cldskt

• Wallet and hobby aren't friends
« Reply #318 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 22:44:42 »

Jesus dude that’s nice.

"Addiction is buying the things that I don't need with the money I don't have." - me
"Spending $500 on your first custom is justified." - also me

Offline TunnaTown

« Reply #319 on: Mon, 19 November 2018, 11:54:56 »
While I'm waiting for parts to arrive, I've fooled around with QMK and the PCB.
The end result can be found in this git repo.
It is intended to be a common ground for creating custom keymaps, so it's bare-bones on purpose.

I'd appreciate if you all could try it out and provide some feedback (especially those of you, who already assembled their boards) before I push it upstream.

Jacky, I tried to give you credit wherever possible.
Thanks once more for this awesome keyboard and smooth GB!

Offline Starius

« Reply #320 on: Tue, 20 November 2018, 07:09:49 »
I just got my shipping notification!  I'm so excited!  Huzzah!
 ;D

Offline Mag_Flux

« Reply #321 on: Tue, 20 November 2018, 20:30:33 »
While I'm waiting for parts to arrive, I've fooled around with QMK and the PCB.
The end result can be found in this git repo.
It is intended to be a common ground for creating custom keymaps, so it's bare-bones on purpose.

I'd appreciate if you all could try it out and provide some feedback (especially those of you, who already assembled their boards) before I push it upstream.

Jacky, I tried to give you credit wherever possible.
Thanks once more for this awesome keyboard and smooth GB!

Unfortunately I've yet to get the chance to build mine but nice job with this! I took a look at the files and appreciate the excellent documentation and attention to detail.

Two comments/suggestions:
  • This is totally a preference/opinion (and nitpicking so feel free to ignore) but I figure most plan to cycle those RGB lights (ala the CA66) rather than use it as a white caps lock indicator. I would think an RGB color cycle configuration would be more appropriate as part of the default configuration.
  • Regardless of how those RGB LEDs are used, I would suggest defining RGBLIGHT_SLEEP in the config.h file so the two RGB lights don't stay on when the host is put to sleep. As someone who often places their computer in sleep mode this drove me nuts on boards I had that had RGB lights and I worked with drashna to get this fix/feature put into the master branch. (See: https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/blob/master/docs/feature_rgblight.md and https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/pull/2104)
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 November 2018, 20:32:34 by Mag_Flux »

Offline TunnaTown

« Reply #322 on: Wed, 21 November 2018, 11:21:26 »
Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it!

1. You are absolutely right, the whole LED stuff is all about preference. My "solution" would be to move it to the keymap files.
2. Thanks, I've missed this option.

There is one thing I want to figure out, but I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to QMK and especially the RGB stuff.
Why on earth does the RGB turns on when the keyboard is powered on, when I have "rgblight_disable()" in "matrix_init_*"?

Update:
I've figured out what's the problem. The LEDs are initialized after the matrix_init functions run. So I hacked together a work-around.
I've also created an info.json file, so you'll be able to create layouts with the QMK Configurator.

I'm waiting for a few days before pushing it upstream, to see if you guys have any more feedback.
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 November 2018, 15:35:06 by TunnaTown »

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #323 on: Fri, 23 November 2018, 09:51:22 »
Pics of the all-brass Founder's Edition please! pppppllllleeeeaaaaasssseeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline InvidiousIgnoramus

« Reply #324 on: Fri, 23 November 2018, 11:05:27 »
Pics of the all-brass Founder's Edition please! pppppllllleeeeaaaaasssseeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lmao. Later. I need to sleep right now.
I long for the day when I find a beamspring. (At a not insane price)

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #325 on: Fri, 23 November 2018, 18:11:19 »

I believe FE was just an extra number on the bottom?

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #326 on: Fri, 23 November 2018, 19:02:15 »

I must have the jargon wrong, sorry if so - I wanted to see pics of the all-brass version, I saw them on discord and, wow, that thing is amazing.

Offline Mag_Flux

« Reply #327 on: Fri, 23 November 2018, 20:07:05 »

I must have the jargon wrong, sorry if so - I wanted to see pics of the all-brass version, I saw them on discord and, wow, that thing is amazing.

Agreed. Pretty sure for +$20 it was just a unique numbered engraving, not all-brass.

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #328 on: Fri, 23 November 2018, 21:14:32 »

Agreed. Pretty sure for +$20 it was just a unique numbered engraving, not all-brass.

Yes, the all-brass one was not just $20 more! I don't know how much more specifically.

Offline InvidiousIgnoramus

« Reply #329 on: Sat, 24 November 2018, 04:53:31 »

Yes, the all-brass one was not just $20 more! I don't know how much more specifically.
Much.
I long for the day when I find a beamspring. (At a not insane price)

Offline japanesehorrorwriter

« Reply #330 on: Sun, 25 November 2018, 19:32:39 »
This is a beast....

Offline Starius

« Reply #331 on: Sun, 25 November 2018, 20:53:54 »
This is a beast....

Wow!  Spectacular!

I'm so excited to get mine.  I've been nervous about it too, but these pictures have put me at ease! 
Should have mine Tuesday, hopefully.   

How easy is it to work with the PCB? 
I don't remember, this didn't have hot swap sockets did it?

Offline Starius

« Reply #332 on: Sun, 25 November 2018, 21:13:05 »
I don't think anyone has shared a picture of one with the blocker yet...

EDIT: (Except for the one Jacky posted on page 4)
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 November 2018, 21:14:40 by Starius »

Offline japanesehorrorwriter

« Reply #333 on: Sun, 25 November 2018, 21:23:12 »
This is a beast....

Wow!  Spectacular!

I'm so excited to get mine.  I've been nervous about it too, but these pictures have put me at ease! 
Should have mine Tuesday, hopefully.   

How easy is it to work with the PCB? 
I don't remember, this didn't have hot swap sockets did it?

Everything was a breeze. Not hot swappable.

Offline Starius

« Reply #334 on: Mon, 26 November 2018, 18:34:16 »
I got mine a day earlier than my ETA!

I promise to post better pictures later than what I've just snapped with my phone, but just had to share right away.

Let me tell you, this is one HEFTY keyboard!
It's so massive and solid, you'd probably break your toe if you dropped it on your foot.  It's incredible. 

I think it was foolish of me for not getting extra PCBs and Plates for this keyboard now.  I wish I had, but I only have myself to blame.  It's my only regret though, because I'm so thankful I went in on this group buy. 
Jacky, you've done a outstanding job with this board.  I'm very much looking forward to making this a complete keyboard in the coming weeks/months. 

Offline mkarlsson

« Reply #335 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 14:52:06 »
Got mine today too. Just amazing, heavy as hell, beautiful finish, perfect gb! Thanks a lot Jacky!

Offline fcoury

« Reply #336 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 17:13:28 »
Wow, this is such a beautiful board. Excellent work jacky! I just unboxed mine live and you can see the VoD here:

Offline jacky

« Reply #337 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 03:41:47 »
Wow, this is such a beautiful board. Excellent work jacky! I just unboxed mine live and you can see the VoD here:

Ty sir

Offline fcoury

« Reply #338 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 18:31:08 »
OK just finished building this AMAZING board on stream, you can see it here:

Offline jacky

« Reply #339 on: Sat, 01 December 2018, 01:21:19 »
Still leave a spot for S7
mao with block.
pc plate
pvd gold brass weight
if someone want get pm me .
thanks

Offline fer.real

« Reply #340 on: Sat, 01 December 2018, 06:26:16 »
Still leave a spot for S7
mao with block.
pc plate
pvd gold brass weight
if someone want get pm me .
thanks

PM'ed

Offline mkarlsson

« Reply #341 on: Sat, 01 December 2018, 06:30:29 »

Offline Starius

« Reply #342 on: Sat, 01 December 2018, 07:59:37 »
Show Image

Oh wow, I'm really digging the ISO layout on this board. 
Well done!

Offline mkarlsson

« Reply #343 on: Sat, 01 December 2018, 08:28:33 »
Show Image

Oh wow, I'm really digging the ISO layout on this board. 
Well done!

Thanks mate, I built it with BOX whites and I have to say that I am trully in love with how it looks and feels. Awesome board.

Offline fcoury

« Reply #345 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 10:19:54 »
Just a heads-up to everyone, that you can build the latest and greatest QMK for the S7.

QMK Configurator is also supported.

I was using the branch already, was it you that made this happen? If so a very worm thank you from the bottom of my heart, I can't live without QMK :D

Offline TunnaTown

« Reply #346 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 10:48:11 »
You're welcome.  ;)

Offline jacky

« Reply #348 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 05:06:37 »
Thanks everyone join this GB.

through this groupbuy  i learn  many things which orders were kindly and generous :thumb:

it let me feel happy in this community,i wilk keep on

Appreciate it !

Offline fcoury

Re: [GB] S7-Elephant 70% custom keyboard!(Group buy finished )
« Reply #349 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 08:07:12 »
No jacky, thank you. Seriously. I have a lot of boards, and the S7 became my absolute favorite. It's a masterpiece in my opinion. I hope you run more GBs in the future, can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Best,
Felipe "MrKeebs"