Author Topic: [GB] BIOI G60BLE Rev2 Dual Mode Bluetooth PCB + Cora 60% Keyboard Case  (Read 2430 times)

Offline PlayKeyboardTW

• Shop

Hello community! This groupbuy is following our IC thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=111082.0

BIOI G60BLE PCB is a dual-mode bluetooth PCB. Now is the rev2 groupbuy.

Specs:
  • Matte black (sample photos are shown in black color), gold pads
  • QMK firmware, VIA compatible
  • Multiple layouts support for default version
  • Tsangan layout for hotswap version.
  • BT4.0, available on most devices and systems like Win10, iPad and iPhone
  • Supports USB/BT devices switching
  • Battery module installing position
  • Additional 1.0mm SH connector for battery socket
  • Full guide by Scott Wei: https://scottywei.github.io/bioi-g60ble/
PCB upgradations comparing to previous versions:
  • Add ESD ic to protect PCB from electrostatic disturbance
  • Add anti-insert protection for battery. You don't burn your PCB if you plug in wrong this time.
  • Add 2u L-shift layout for default version, which is so called 64 arrow keys layout.
  • Add connector for battery module which is compatible with Nokia BL-5J or BL-5c batteries.
This time we specially design a case for it - Cora:

• Aluminum, coated coloring
  • 6 degree slope
  • Size 296.5mm x 116mm x 30mm
  • Battery compartment size 90mm x 44mm x 8.75mm
  • 1kg approximately
  • Standard GH60 screw positions (middle one is removed for flexibility)
  • Colors: banana, light sand, concrete and turquoise
And another specially designed part for both PCB and Cora - battery module:

• Compatible with Nokia BL-5J & BL-5C batteries
  • Easily installed by connector and screws

Groupbuy time: 2021.2.22 ~ 2021.3.24
Estimated date shipping time of PCB order: 2 month after GB ends

Estimated date shipping time of orders including Cora: 3 month after GB ends

Price:
  • Default version PCB: 55USD
  • Hotswap version PCB: 60USD
  • Cora 60% keyboard case: 90USD → 85USD
  • Battery module: 8USD
  • PK x BIOI 60% FR4 plate: 20USD → 18USD (is only available for additional purchasing when put a PCB in your cart in product pages for both items)
Buy Link: https://www.play-keyboard.store/collections/bioi-g60ble-rev2-pcb-cora-60-case-groupbuy

Payment: Paypal
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 February 2021, 09:33:10 by PlayKeyboardTW »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: [GB] BIOI G60BLE Rev2 Dual Mode Bluetooth PCB + Cora 60% Keyboard Case
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 00:14:03 »
Approved :thumb:

Offline lush_bunny

• CLACK CLACK M**********R
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 04:47:50 »
Finally. Buying this on March 3  ;D

Offline konart

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 06:20:18 »
Groupbuy time: 2020.2.22 ~ 2020.3.24

Let it end already! :D

Offline PlayKeyboardTW

• Shop
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 09:34:09 »
Finally. Buying this on March 3  ;D

Thanks for the support! :thumb:

Groupbuy time: 2020.2.22 ~ 2020.3.24

Let it end already! :D

:-X That was a stupid mistake.

Offline lush_bunny

• CLACK CLACK M**********R
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 05:52:08 »
Clarification: you need to buy 1 regular PCB and 1 hotswap PCB to be able to buy the FR4 plate?

Offline PlayKeyboardTW

• Shop
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 22:41:26 »
Clarification: you need to buy 1 regular PCB and 1 hotswap PCB to be able to buy the FR4 plate?

No, just one PCB of any version. :)

Offline Domantas

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 08:32:47 »
Hey it is still said on website "Sorry, out of zone." when I want to order. I am from Lithuania (Poland works (country next to LT), but Lithuania shows this)

More questions:
* Is fr4 plate compatible with all gh60 keyboards?
* If you keep bt mode on, if you want to do changes in via, do you have to switch button to wired?
* Can you change bt mode on via itself without using that button?

BTW very nice decision for doing caps lock sounth facing (having option to resolder if desired)
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 February 2021, 10:21:57 by Domantas »

LEOPOLD FC660C

Offline IBMweMissU

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 10:45:03 »
Got it ! Have emailed for some changes - was in such a hurry to order so I don't miss it  :)

Offline Phantastic

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 15:04:56 »
Does this PCB support split spacebar or are those the only layouts compatible?

Offline KZzzz

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 27 February 2021, 21:51:34 »
Very Interested in this one, but I have a few questions:

1. How is the battery module connected to the pcb? Is it by a cable, or is it directly attached to the pdb via the connector? Is it possible to extend the connection with a cable? Because some 60 cases might not be compatible with the battery module mounted directly to the pcb in that configuration, so a cable means the module can be moved to fit different cases.

2. Will the surface mount led's be already soldered on the pcb or is that something that we have to do?

3. How many devices can the pcb "remember", if at all?

Offline emsonftw

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 05:20:18 »
Is fr4 plate necessary to use with ble pcbs? Personally I prefer to use brass one and 3d printed PLA case

Offline andrew4

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 08:07:37 »
The site won't let me buy from the UK: says "out of zone"

Offline PlayKeyboardTW

• Shop
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 01 March 2021, 00:20:41 »
Hey it is still said on website "Sorry, out of zone." when I want to order. I am from Lithuania (Poland works (country next to LT), but Lithuania shows this)

More questions:
* If you keep bt mode on, if you want to do changes in via, do you have to switch button to wired?

BTW very nice decision for doing caps lock sounth facing (having option to resolder if desired)

We've just added Lithuania to our shipping list.  :thumb:

• Our FR4 plate is compatible with all GH60 cases and PCBs. It share same GH60 screw posisions.
  • Keyboard will need to be wired to use VIA. It's ok that you keep switch on. But we recommend everyone to turn off the switch and turn on again to reset the connection if you want to use BT mode.
  • No. The switch is for electricity from battery to go through. So it means we need to use a physical switch to use BT mode.
Thanks for asking. :)

Does this PCB support split spacebar or are those the only layouts compatible?

None of both versions support split spacebar. There's not much space left to put it into layouts. :-X

Very Interested in this one, but I have a few questions:

1. How is the battery module connected to the pcb? Is it by a cable, or is it directly attached to the pdb via the connector? Is it possible to extend the connection with a cable? Because some 60 cases might not be compatible with the battery module mounted directly to the pcb in that configuration, so a cable means the module can be moved to fit different cases.

2. Will the surface mount led's be already soldered on the pcb or is that something that we have to do?

3. How many devices can the pcb "remember", if at all?

• There are connectors on the back of both module and PCB to connect each other. There's a spare SH battery connector for you to use your other kinds of batteries to connect by cable.
  • SMD LED for charging indicator will be soldered in production for both versions. You don't have to do it your own.
  • Just one now since it's the restriction of this BT module. But you can switch between USB/BT devices when keyboard is wired.
Hope these answer your questions. :thumb:

Is fr4 plate necessary to use with ble pcbs? Personally I prefer to use brass one and 3d printed PLA case

Either case or plate, one of them should be a non-metal material for avoiding BT signal interference.
So your combination works. :thumb:

The site won't let me buy from the UK: says "out of zone"

Just added UK to our shipping list. :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 March 2021, 00:23:25 by PlayKeyboardTW »

Offline KZzzz

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 01 March 2021, 04:48:37 »
There are connectors on the back of both module and PCB to connect each other. There's a spare SH battery connector for you to use your other kinds of batteries to connect by cable.

May I ask what kind of connector is it? And is it possible to find a cable for such connector?

Offline Domantas

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 01 March 2021, 07:55:27 »

More questions:

We've just added Lithuania to our shipping list.  :thumb:

• Our FR4 plate is compatible with all GH60 cases and PCBs. It share same GH60 screw posisions.
  • Keyboard will need to be wired to use VIA. It's ok that you keep switch on. But we recommend everyone to turn off the switch and turn on again to reset the connection if you want to use BT mode.
  • No. The switch is for electricity from battery to go through. So it means we need to use a physical switch to use BT mode.
Thanks for asking. :)

So by saying
Keyboard will need to be wired to use VIA. It's ok that you keep switch on. But we recommend everyone to turn off the switch and turn on again to reset the connection if you want to use BT mode.
do you mean I can change keyboard config through VIA while BT button is turned on? Or only when its off? Or I have to restart PCB with button after setting it up? Do I have to restart every time I use wired mode or only when changing to different BT device? Honestly what I am asking - I will be probably using this pcb on one computer, can I just leave BT button on and when I connect change keyboard keymaps through VIA software than disconnect the cable and be good to continue using BT without touching that button?

BTW can I add my own LEDS? As it seems it doesn't have underglow yes?
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 March 2021, 08:02:24 by Domantas »

LEOPOLD FC660C

Offline PlayKeyboardTW

• Shop
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 01 March 2021, 08:47:28 »
There are connectors on the back of both module and PCB to connect each other. There's a spare SH battery connector for you to use your other kinds of batteries to connect by cable.

May I ask what kind of connector is it? And is it possible to find a cable for such connector?

263271-0
As you can see in above pic, there's a spare JST SH 2 pin connector for people to use other kinds of batteries instead of our module.
We will also attach a cable for this connector. ;)

So by saying
Keyboard will need to be wired to use VIA. It's ok that you keep switch on. But we recommend everyone to turn off the switch and turn on again to reset the connection if you want to use BT mode.
do you mean I can change keyboard config through VIA while BT button is turned on? Or only when its off? Or I have to restart PCB with button after setting it up? Do I have to restart every time I use wired mode or only when changing to different BT device? Honestly what I am asking - I will be probably using this pcb on one computer, can I just leave BT button on and when I connect change keyboard keymaps through VIA software than disconnect the cable and be good to continue using BT without touching that button?

You can use VIA when both switch is on and off. You just need to switch again after you finish using VIA or in USB mode if you want to connect by BT later.
It's a must since this action will give PCB a reset to let it know what connection mode it is on. And power display will show accurate value of battery in device list.

Sure you can your own LEDs for both backlit and underglow RGB.
For underglow, there's a independent GDV position near TAB to let you install a RGB light strip. :thumb:
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 March 2021, 08:49:12 by PlayKeyboardTW »

Offline Domantas

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 02 March 2021, 15:34:00 »

(Attachment Link)
As you can see in above pic, there's a spare JST SH 2 pin connector for people to use other kinds of batteries instead of our module.
We will also attach a cable for this connector. ;)

So by saying

You can use VIA when both switch is on and off. You just need to switch again after you finish using VIA or in USB mode if you want to connect by BT later.
It's a must since this action will give PCB a reset to let it know what connection mode it is on. And power display will show accurate value of battery in device list.

Sure you can your own LEDs for both backlit and underglow RGB.
For underglow, there's a independent GDV position near TAB to let you install a RGB light strip. :thumb:

ah, so if I just charge it using cable and doesn't change anything in via (or even if I change), it will stay connected, but not update key map? For update I need to reset, yes? Btw when you turn on bt mode it starts pairing right away?

LEOPOLD FC660C

Offline PlayKeyboardTW

• Shop
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 02 March 2021, 21:53:34 »
ah, so if I just charge it using cable and doesn't change anything in via (or even if I change), it will stay connected, but not update key map? For update I need to reset, yes? Btw when you turn on bt mode it starts pairing right away?

No it will update keymap if you do any change in VIA since your keyboard will be in USB mode.
Both for updating and charging, we recommend you switch again.

And yes, keyboard starts pairing as soon as switch is on. ;)