Author Topic: [IC] GMK Brutalist | GB date June, vendor list, 1.5 novelties added!!  (Read 8702 times)

Offline mr_foggy

Re: [IC] GMK Brutalist | Updated spacebar kit + 'b'!
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 16:24:29 »
yep this is it. digging it a lot. hope you stick to this, GL!

Offline CaptusKeys

• * Vendor
    • Captus Keycaps
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 17:53:52 »
Thank you everyone for all the feedback! A lot of improvements have been added today!

Changelog:
08/04 - Updated all kits, render colors adjusted, Cyrillic kit added, NorDeUK kit added

Offline densus designs

• rotor
Re: [IC] GMK Brutalist | Added Cyrillic, NorDeUK, all kits updated!
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 22:06:00 »
Love it!

Offline CrlaoSvloadr

« Reply #53 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 22:51:38 »
Wonderful tones all around! Use of the theme seems well executed :)
The novelties are my favourite part, though I can't help but feel as if the deskmat could have used a similar style to match the rest a bit more.

Offline CaptusKeys

• * Vendor
    • Captus Keycaps
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 08 April 2021, 12:34:42 »
Love it!

yep this is it. digging it a lot. hope you stick to this, GL!

Wonderful tones all around! Use of the theme seems well executed :)
The novelties are my favourite part, though I can't help but feel as if the deskmat could have used a similar style to match the rest a bit more.

Thank you! We are actively working on improvements, collaborations, and the next desk mat, We hope you will like it!

Offline CaptusKeys

• * Vendor
    • Captus Keycaps
« Reply #55 on: Sun, 11 April 2021, 12:27:09 »
No options for 1.5 novelties? :-/

They are coming very soon!

Offline CaptusKeys

• * Vendor
    • Captus Keycaps
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 15 April 2021, 05:31:30 »
GB date announced!!!! Also:

15/04 - GB date announced, vendor list, 1.5 novelties added

Offline saltimate

Re: [IC] GMK Brutalist | GB date June, vendor list, 1.5 novelties added!!
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 15 April 2021, 07:18:36 »
mono cyrillic or riot

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 15 April 2021, 07:39:19 »
GB date announced!!!! Also:

15/04 - GB date announced, vendor list, 1.5 novelties added
You'll have a lot of competitions in June.

Offline CaptusKeys

• * Vendor
    • Captus Keycaps
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 15 April 2021, 14:40:32 »
mono cyrillic or riot

Added to the IC form!

Offline saltimate

« Reply #60 on: Thu, 15 April 2021, 20:15:18 »

just me? or when will the form be available?

Offline CaptusKeys

• * Vendor
    • Captus Keycaps
« Reply #61 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 06:59:52 »
Show Image

just me? or when will the form be available?

Sorry for that, links updated!

Offline ClerklyTexas

« Reply #62 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 09:13:02 »
I'm a fan of both the colorway and especially the novelties. Though it might seem like an incongruent suggestion, I'd like to see renders with more board colors. I think this set would look great on beige, for starters (see the KBDfans D60 Lite, currently in GB, for example), which wouldn't be much of a departure from brutalist gray. But it would look great in almost any color, and owners of boards of various colors is a bigger market. Another color that would be appropriate is blue—architecture, including brutalist architecture, commonly appears surrounded by sky.

Offline HelloThisIsDog

« Reply #63 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 12:39:25 »
This post has been interesting to see people get opinionated about historically and theoretically accurate Brutalist aesthetics, while every other week a new GMK set about the most surface-level, reductive, and essentialist understanding of East Asian culture gets funneled along with little fuss.

Offline DerBonk

• I'm just this guy, you know.
« Reply #64 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 13:41:23 »
This post has been interesting to see people get opinionated about historically and theoretically accurate Brutalist aesthetics, while every other week a new GMK set about the most surface-level, reductive, and essentialist understanding of East Asian culture gets funneled along with little fuss.

The difference for me is that I know a bit about Brutalist architecture and very little about Asian culture, so I don't feel confident criticizing those sets. But you are right that this is a bad look and I will try to stay less quiet when I have a bad feeling about one of those sets.

That said, I see that some of the criticism of this set was taken to heart and that's great. The colors look good for me, but the design does not represent what I find fascinating about Brutalism. Good luck with the IC!

Offline CaptusKeys

• * Vendor
    • Captus Keycaps
« Reply #65 on: Sat, 17 April 2021, 04:49:55 »
I'm a fan of both the colorway and especially the novelties. Though it might seem like an incongruent suggestion, I'd like to see renders with more board colors. I think this set would look great on beige, for starters (see the KBDfans D60 Lite, currently in GB, for example), which wouldn't be much of a departure from brutalist gray. But it would look great in almost any color, and owners of boards of various colors is a bigger market. Another color that would be appropriate is blue—architecture, including brutalist architecture, commonly appears surrounded by sky.

Thank you! Colorful renders are coming soon, I'll make sure to make beige and blue ones as well!

Offline CaptusKeys

• * Vendor
    • Captus Keycaps
« Reply #66 on: Sat, 17 April 2021, 04:51:36 »

The difference for me is that I know a bit about Brutalist architecture and very little about Asian culture, so I don't feel confident criticizing those sets. But you are right that this is a bad look and I will try to stay less quiet when I have a bad feeling about one of those sets.

That said, I see that some of the criticism of this set was taken to heart and that's great. The colors look good for me, but the design does not represent what I find fascinating about Brutalism. Good luck with the IC!

Thank you! We are trying to improve the set as much as we can, I hope you will like the final version (and the new desk mat)!