Author Topic: QWERTY to Colemak via hardware. USB key or built in hardware/firmware?  (Read 17858 times)

Offline bjeanes

QWERTY to Colemak via hardware. USB key or built in hardware/firmware?
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 12 September 2011, 13:47:23 »
Has anybody considered using one of the Vinculum II based devices?

There's a few complete programmable boards as well as chips that can be used in combination with other hardware. I bought the Vinco about 7 months ago to make a Colemak-QWERTY converter dongle but got sidetracked with moving overseas and never completed it.

It's great to see a lot of other people motivated and interested to see the same product come to life.

Is there any reason something like the Vinco has been ruled out as an option? It's a bit steeper in price, but it has USB Host and Device capabilities, including HID support built into the on-board OS.

Offline Soarer

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #101 on: Sat, 17 September 2011, 08:27:23 »
Quote from: bjeanes;415004
Has anybody considered using one of the Vinculum II based devices?

Didn't know about them!

They look ideal, and the price is far more reasonable than I was expecting for something with those features.

Offline bjeanes

« Reply #102 on: Tue, 27 September 2011, 14:41:14 »
Quote from: Soarer;417620
Didn't know about them!

They look ideal, and the price is far more reasonable than I was expecting for something with those features.

Yeah they are pretty great. Anyone here in Chicago and want to work together on getting this thing working? I have one of these boards but too little experience even with things like an Arduino to really know how to get going... I have mostly just been reading through their C API docs.

- Bo

Offline lenakira

« Reply #103 on: Wed, 28 December 2011, 17:56:24 »
-Removed-

Offline mas128

Re: QWERTY to Colemak via hardware. USB key or built in hardware/firmware?
« Reply #104 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 18:50:17 »
Has anyone found a working solution to this yet?
(A QIDO for Colemak input: USB key to change keyboard layout to Colemak, and then back to Qwerty).

Thanks a lot for any help!

Online Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
Re: QWERTY to Colemak via hardware. USB key or built in hardware/firmware?
« Reply #106 on: Sat, 06 April 2013, 01:22:44 »
Seems like there has been some progress on several fronts, but it's been somewhat off the radar.
Kinesis Advantage | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Alphagrip | Colemak | all on Mac
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell           Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Staying in touch with Tapatalk Pro                               Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~